When this mod arrives at 1.0. I'm sure it'll have the best gadgets, vehicles and weapons of both armies.

Don't forget that it's only 0.3.5 and still has a long ways to go.

Not majority, slightly less then a half. In 2014 the 49% of soldiers was contractors by official MoD statistics. So you see - a lot of you, westerners are in charms of late 90s-mid 00 fleur then you think about Russia in general and RuAF. ;) right now military service slowly becomes prestigious again in Russia, mainly because of current salary.

Ok, so the RuAF are still to get NVG's on the level you describe?

I still don't think for a second brand new NVG's will be handed out willy nilly to conscripts. The 49% thing convinces me of that even more. VDV seems to be getting the love as well as Spetsnaz right now and I think that'll continue. Highly mobile forces are the main focus atm from what I've read.

I'm referring to UNITS that are mostly conscripts by the way and the grand majority that are still well under strength not the army overall.

As for the state contracts, they're still going to cost the same due to the fixed rate. I'm maybe missing something but why would stuff bought internally using the national currency be different other than being fixed against inflation? Selling arms to other countries due to the fall of the Rubel will be shit also will it not? Whats the point in all these sanctions over Ukraine otherwise? To be fair I'm not too sharp with world economics.

Because this is how it works. ;) because Russia sells gas and oil, military equipment, aircrafts, wood and other shit for euro and usd, and then convert it into rubles, which goes into budget funding. Because right now all labor in Russia becomes cheaper as ruble lost half of its cost. For example, if my monthly salary was equal to 3,000 usd in 2014 then it is only equal to 1,500 usd, so the spendings of my employer, which in my case is the government, becomes significantly less. So, less spendings equals more profit. Everybody wins, except me :)

Because this is how it works. ;) because Russia sells gas and oil, military equipment, aircrafts, wood and other shit for euro and usd, and then convert it into rubles, which goes into budget funding. Because right now all labor in Russia becomes cheaper as ruble lost half of its cost. For example, if my monthly salary was equal to 3,000 usd in 2014 then it is only equal to 1,500 usd, so the spendings of my employer, which in my case is the government, becomes significantly less. So, less spendings equals more profit. Everybody wins, except me :)

I see so these industries are exempt from the sanctions then? I figured as much.

Ok, so the RuAF are still to get NVG's on the level you describe?

I still don't think for a second brand new NVG's will be handed out willy nilly to conscripts. The 49% thing convinces me of that even more. VDV seems to be getting the love as well as Spetsnaz right now and I think that'll continue. Highly mobile forces are the main focus atm from what I've read.

I'm referring to UNITS that are mostly conscripts by the way and the grand majority that are still well under strength not the army overall.

As for NVGs - yeah, more or less all troops will be equiped by them, in future :) GPV-2011-2020 states that 30% of equipment should be modern this year and 70% in 2020. Will this goals be met? I don't know. At least MoD more then once declared that: "every soldier should have NVGs and other cool stuff in near future". Then I say 49% are contractors, I was also meaning units, not MoD employers or cooks or something similar.

As for sanctions - I don't get their goal to, as the only wining side here is US. Westerners hope to put Russians into shithole, After which the people of Russia will rise and overthrow the ugly dictator Putin. In reality all they achieved so far is the growing hatered and distrust for the West among Russians. Someone should launch all of his advisors and analytics into space without oxygen supply, I guess. They are worthless anyway.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

I see so these industries are exempt from the sanctions then? I figured as much.

Oil, gas, lumber, rare metals and other natural or rare resources are not put under sanctions and will never be. Can you imagine that EU will prohibit buying gas from Russia for its companies? All of you will freeze to death in three-four months then. How far Finland will go without Russian lamber? Japan? What about rare minerals and metals with funny names? But before that all EU industry will crumble without it. As for military stuff - Russia never sold anything military related to core European countries anyway.

Here's a discussion on another forum (which some RHS members may be familiar with, given signatures I've seen over there :P)

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118308-optics-on-russian-small-arms/

Optics.

There are 2-4 1P63 collimator sights per squad. It depends on commander how they would be distributed along the men (e. g. 1st and 2nd patoons consist most of the contract operators, means they’d get 4 sights per unit, rather then 3rd platoon with recruit men, who get 2 sights per unit). There are units fully complected with 4 sights per squad. Usually, there are 25-40 sights per company.

There are no helmet-mounted NVG’s in units, but many firearm-mounted scopes ( 1P51 “NSPU-3†), 3-5 units per squad, 30-50 per company.

!!! Some of contract operators buying themselves modifications for their firearms, e. g. optics (Western too), tactical grips, rail systems and so on. !!!

Some of HQ units bying themselves a thermal-imaging devices.

They went after Putin little pals with money in the West to try and put pressure on him. I don't know why they thought that would work. Thats about all I know.

Halting investment coming in is really the only thing but thats a load of bullshit too I'm sure. Its stalling tactics because NATO don't know what to do in my opinion regardless of the specifics. Still, us westerners don't like people upsetting the status quo and annexing stuff in or near Europe for some reason.

They went after Putin little pals with money in the West to try and put pressure on him. I don't know why they thought that would work. Thats about all I know.

Halting investment coming in is really the only thing but thats a load of bullshit too I'm sure. Its stalling tactics because NATO don't know what to do in my opinion regardless of the specifics. Still, us westerners don't like people upsetting the status quo and annexing stuff in or near Europe for some reason.

I don't want go into politics here much, if you desire, we can always continue this via PM. Crimea joining was an improvisation as I tend to believe, as there was hints that black fleet will be kicked out of it in 2017 or even sooner and Russia will loose Black Sea completely and in perspective will have NATO near its own shore (just look at the map - Krasnodarskiy region is right there, right from Crimea). IMO this and any following events in future can be avoided if Russia was in NATO itself. But West choose to keep the distance between itself and Russia, just granting us status of "partner", no matter that this partnership was some kind of BDSM relationship, then we get all kind of kinky stuff from NATO "partners" all the way.

Here's a discussion on another forum (which some RHS members may be familiar with, given signatures I've seen over there :P)

What signatures?

please keep the politics outside of this thread...

Yeah guys not cool. As for balancing of whats in the mods please understand that a lot of things in the afrf side was made long ago and way before usaf was even started. Only jow we start to focus on concurently balance factions. Its a hard process. Its very hard mainly because USA is constantly at war so you see battle equipment evolve real time. Russia officially not in any conflict since 2008. So a lot of equipment people see is from trade shows. Its not always fielded or very slowly supplied and also when troops have a choice they really willy nilly wear whatever they want.

As for NVG for russians, just add an american nvg to the crate, put it on a russian troop. Bam job done whats so hard? Its too dark to see the model anyway?

I'd like it make a request (not a very important one) that the OCP isn't as that tan/desert of a colour, the Scorpion W2 pattern (hopefully what you're using) is a lot more green than multicam. Here are some examples: http://images.military.com/media/news/equipment/multicam-shooter-600x400.jpg http://images.military.com/media/news/equipment/multicam-afghanistan.jpg http://www.rockywoods.com/Operational-Camouflage-Pattern.jpg?resizeid=-2&resizeh=240&resizew=240

As for NVG for russians, just add an american nvg to the crate, put it on a russian troop. Bam job done whats so hard? Its too dark to see the model anyway?

LOL, I was going to suggest that then decided against it because I reckon I'd get flamed by the more discerning players. :)

Just put some illum up FFS

I'd like it make a request (not a very important one) that the OCP isn't as that tan/desert of a colour, the Scorpion W2 pattern (hopefully what you're using) is a lot more green than multicam. Here are some examples: http://images.military.com/media/news/equipment/multicam-shooter-600x400.jpg http://images.military.com/media/news/equipment/multicam-afghanistan.jpg http://www.rockywoods.com/Operational-Camouflage-Pattern.jpg?resizeid=-2&resizeh=240&resizew=240

I made the decision to texture them dusty & dirty, hence why they appear more tan.

We are not using Scorpion yet as personally I'm waiting until it is more widely fielded, like we try to do with most things, as there are higher priorities in terms of functionality and capability than a slightly different Multicam pattern.

The OCP currently used in the mod is Multicam. Also, the first two examples you gave are multicam, not Scorpion W2.

I like that they are going for a realistic approach towards what equipment the factions get.

At least that way we won't get any nonsensical equipment unlike vanilla arma 3.

Yeah guys not cool. As for balancing of whats in the mods please understand that a lot of things in the afrf side was made long ago and way before usaf was even started. Only jow we start to focus on concurently balance factions. Its a hard process. Its very hard mainly because USA is constantly at war so you see battle equipment evolve real time. Russia officially not in any conflict since 2008. So a lot of equipment people see is from trade shows. Its not always fielded or very slowly supplied and also when troops have a choice they really willy nilly wear whatever they want.

As for me, I am not demanding anything, just saying my opinion. As for adding NVGs via crate, imo people who complaining about their absence are playing in pre-made missions from workshop, so they don't have the opportunity/skill to edit them.

Gibonez ^ yes, exactly. RHS is making A3 what it should be out of the box.

Gibonez ^ yes, exactly. RHS is making A3 what it should be out of the box.

Exactly how I feel.

Realistic vehicles, realistic gear , realistic fire control systems, realistic vehicle speeds and behavior.

It is everything I wanted out of arma 3.

As for me, I am not demanding anything, just saying my opinion. As for adding NVGs via crate, imo people who complaining about their absence are playing in pre-made missions from workshop, so they don't have the opportunity/skill to edit them.

Sure, but its hardly our fault I think?

When can we expect some of these new toys you've been working on to be available in the public beta?

For one side, in the next beta most Russian soldiers will probably carry a flare "gun" ( which is not realistic, as according to my Russian soldiers acquaintances, flares and NVG are reserved for commanders ).

I personally see no problem in adding a CSAT or US NVG to the Russian ammo box.

In fact, as a matter of personal taste I never liked any unit with NVG by default, IMHO it's something that mission makers or simulation groups should decide to use not something set by default ( in all the missions I made I have a script that removes all of them ).

It's as simple as copy & paste this line in the init box of whoever you want:

this linkItem "rhsusf_ANPVS_15";

That or simply add a RHS US or vanilla ammo-box in the editor. I think that anyone above 3 years old is able to find an ammo box in the editor / Zeus and set it in the map.

- - -

When can we expect some of these new toys you've been working on to be available in the public beta?

That's the whole idea of the Beta, ain't it? ;)

Everything that's configured in-game at that day will be released for tests, in whatever stage they are ( as always use it at your own risk ).

Edited by MistyRonin

Speaking of flares. I was trying out the 2S3M illum rounds and I notice they ignite and float down from quite a low height. Is this just the way its set up in game or is it adjustable?

That's the whole idea of the Beta, ain't it? ;)

Everything that's configured in-game at that day will be released for tests, in whatever stage they are ( as always use it at your own risk ).

Hmm, then something must be wrong on my end because while I click the update .bat files in both beta folders, I'm not getting anything new like the AK-103. Though, on the beta page on the RHS website it says the repository gets updated once per month.