Really loving that PKM model on FB! I hope Toadie can put some of his magic on its reload animation :)

*Gorka

I would love these too

It is pretty high on my own (pretty long) priority list

I don't find any Feedtracker for RHS other than here so i will say my feedback here:

- UAZ Sound: I find this car extremely loud compared to the other RHS cars and Vanila ones. IMHO the sound is too high, you can hear it pretty loud from a considerable amount of distance, and staying close to it, even the car being in idle, it's soo loud. Also, i drove it today on the gravel, and also the gravel effect it's too loud. So i think that the global volume of this car is too high.

- Humvee windshield: I find the humvee widshield kinda matte. At night, when the light comes from the back, mainly with NVG's, the windshield achieves an opaque effect in certain angles with the light. This doesn't happen with the vanila cars. Also, with the insane amount of Humvees in the mod, i don't know how there isn't anyone with some plate protection for the gunner.

This is feedback and suggestions, not complaints, i wanted to state that just in case :bigglasses:

Also, if there is a better place to give feedback, let me know.

By the way ... don't know if it was mentioned or if it's known already, but placing a CH-47 on any map and then entering as pilot puts the entire helo about 2m above any surface (magic carpet, anyone?). Once I get out the helo is back to the ground. Enter again - 2m above ground again. Weird.

By the way ... don't know if it was mentioned or if it's known already, but placing a CH-47 on any map and then entering as pilot puts the entire helo about 2m above any surface (magic carpet, anyone?). Once I get out the helo is back to the ground. Enter again - 2m above ground again. Weird.

update to 0.3.5 or even better move to the beta (http://www.rhsmods.org/beta)

Hmmm ... we use it as a standard mod internally and I can't switch to a beta because of the server settings. We do have 0.3.5 installed, though.

I tried destroying a bradley with ~7 explosive charges placed behind it last night in TacBF, placed right behind it and on its side at point blank. Seemed to not scratch it. :(

Is this a known issue or intentional?

I tried destroying a bradley with ~7 explosive charges placed behind it last night in TacBF, placed right behind it and on its side at point blank. Seemed to not scratch it. :(

I highly doubt that an unlabored explosive can scratch a Bradley.

It depends, in general any explosves exploding to the sides of vehicle won't do much damage, maybe cosmetic.

However explosion under the hull, where the explosion force and cumulate more, might far more dangerous.

Keep in mind that Bradleys armor model is not 100% finished and implemented yet, as far as I know, Reyhard probably knows more.

Hah, blocking me on facebook is making me laugh, specially after blocking 2 of my friend (One of themo was served in russian army and know more than you). Russian army is using NVG, and stop telling me that i'm wrong. They are not using it for everry soldier in a squad, but commander and 2-3 man in squad have NVG, while rest of them have NV scopes. VDV units dropped on night mission should have NVG too. While Arma engine have such limitation you should use same tactic as with US forces and give some units NVG. Specially, i dont care, beacuse i'm not playing this game no more, specially beacuse of you, but there is tousands of player who is suffering beacuse of nonsense lack of nightvision on Russian Armed Forces. Inteligence of MistyRonin is hitting records on facebook, after i quote his answers. Like i said, there is not much proves about it, there is a books, and where (in your opinion) there is no "proof" that Russian army use NVG, try to find that they AREN'T using it.

PS : I dont want to be biased, but i just looking at team members and see only US flags and abrams photos on their profile. So calling ME a fanboy is ridiculus. If i am a fanboy, so who are YOU? You are fanboys who want to pass missions easier making your "enemies" easier to defeat

I see, some people are reporting me with no reason. If they are thinking that they dont have right is reason they are wrong. Admins should pin this post as one of main on this topic, beacuse i cant speak what is truth on THEIR their sites. After some mins i can provide screens from discusion with one man who have very big knowledke about Russian infantry, if you agree.

Edited by vlad_8011

Hah, blocking me on facebook is making me laugh, specially after blocking 2 of my friend (One of themo was served in russian army and know more than you). Russian army is using NVG, and stop telling me that i'm wrong. They are not using it for everry soldier in a squad, but commander and 2-3 man in squad have NVG, while rest of them have NV scopes. VDV units dropped on night mission should have NVG too. While Arma engine have such limitation you should use same tactic as with US forces and give some units NVG. Specially, i dont care, beacuse i'm not playing this game no more, specially beacuse of you, but there is tousands of player who is suffering beacuse of nonsense lack of nightvision on Russian Armed Forces. Inteligence of MistyRonin is hitting records on facebook, after i quote his answers. Like i said, there is not much proves about it, there is a books, and where (in your opinion) there is no "proof" that Russian army use NVG, try to find that they AREN'T using it.

First, I haven't block you in Facebook.

Second, I haven't called anyone fanboy nor any other name ( tho after spamming our public tracker and Facebook with insults against me, I'm starting to think you are ).

Third, if you knew a bit about RHS you'll know that for more than 10 years it was only about the Russian Army, only recently we decided to also add the US side. So I don't think any of us is biased.

Fourth, on the subject of your friends request of NVG for all Russian soldiers, I repeated a few times:

We take note of your wish, so there's a possibility in the long term future that we add Russian NVG models. No promises tho.

And if we create them, they are only gonna be assigned to spetsnaz unit; unless you can prove that they are in wide use among the Russian line units.

If we add NVG for the Russian side you are free to add them to whoever you want, it's just a simple line in the init.

Edited by MistyRonin

Who needs NVGs when you've (RussianForces) got such a hard on for artillery that illum shells in that quantity make it daylight anyway?

I never had NVGs weapon or goggled in the BAF. We had illum and the Mk1 eyeball. 2 guys got a shit night sight and never enough batteries.

Who gives a shit. I'd take Gorka over NVG anyway :)

And if we create them, they are only gonna be assigned to spetsnaz unit; unless you can prove that they are in wide use among the Russian line units.[/i]

Just to be sure he:

A prove, or a good reference, is NOT just to tell us "Yeah a friend of a friend of his cousin was in the Army 6 years ago, and they used NVGs all the time!".

Also consider some facts. We first need to create 3d models of NV eqiupment used by Russiand Federation Armed Forces, it is not simple and easy task to create a high quality content. So it will take time and still, not every single Russian soldier will receive them, simply because we aim at realism, compared to US Armed Forces, Russian Federation Armed Forces are underfunded, this is a fact! So not every soldier receives top notch equipment.

And creating a content requires also a lot of research, a difficult thing to do, it if it is meant to be done properly. Also as RedPheonix said, we do not consider as a source of informations avarage internet joe who claims this or that.

It is easy to complain, especially if you don't do anything to contribute.

And there is very old rule here in ArmA community, you do not like a mod or addon, don't use it and find or create your own content that will please you.

PS : I dont want to be biased, but i just looking at team members and see only US flags and abrams photos on their profile. So calling ME a fanboy is ridiculus. If i am a fanboy, so who are YOU? You are fanboys who want to pass missions easier making your "enemies" easier to defeat

I see, some people are reporting me with no reason. If they are thinking that they dont have right is reason they are wrong. Admins should pin this post as one of main on this topic, beacuse i cant speak what is truth on THEIR their sites. After some mins i can provide screens from discusion with one man who have very big knowledke about Russian infantry, if you agree.

You are all banned for not being able to behave in a mature manner. If you refuse to be a normal human being, we have nothing that we want from you. We have enough people in our team that also have served in the russian army. You openly disrespect our team members and expect us to sit humbly and listen to what you say. And instead of apologizing and understanding what you did wrong you further come here and escalate the issue. Moderators have been notified. Please stay away from our mod/team/facebook/thread. You have been declared the one and only persona non grata.

I think our sounds are okay. You can still use JSRS for A3 to enhance general explosions and other ambient noise such as bullet cracks.

However, I think our M1 models are far superior.

The sounds are great! I enjoy Jarheads work but I much prefer what Laxemann was able to cook up for you guys. I hope he continues to provide the sounds for your weapons :D

Also consider some facts. So it will take time and still, not every single Russian soldier will receive them, simply because we aim at realism, compared to US Armed Forces, Russian Federation Armed Forces are underfunded, this is a fact! So not every soldier receives top notch equipment.

Seriously, your conclusion about underfunded RuAF is getting a bit old and incorrect, Damian90. To compare RuAF with USAF is simply stupid and very biased idea. As I said before, then you will compare ANY other army in the world with US, you can say that all of them a seriously underfunded. But this is simply not true. Please compare RUAF with German, British, French, Norwegian or any other country in Europe or even with China and you will see that Russian army equipped rather similar to them, plus or minus some things.

Besides, it seems that most of you guys make your impression of the state of equipment and armament of RuAF basing it on the period of 2008-2012. A lot of things improved in resent years. Especially after Government have seen the results of 08/08/2008. A lot of things will improve even further in coming years. I already wrote, that the fall of national currency compared to USD\EURO will be positive in regards of rearmament program (because a lot of state contracts for a lot of things were signed in 2011-2014 with fixed costs. Costs of all state contracts cannot be changed for more that 5-10% of their total cost, only once a year without canceling the contract itself. So a lot of things will be much cheaper of Russian MoD).

A lot of you people just don't' understand how things works in the Government (at least Russian), starting from planing and spending budget and ending with how various doctrines of development of Russian Federation are implemented right now.

As for NVG - by State program of rearmament 2011-2020 (GPV-2011-2020) it is planed to equip all land troops with personal NVG devices in near future. Unfortunately, I can't show you the text of GPV itself, as it was approved by disclosed decree of the President and there for not publicly available. Some information can be obtained by studying news section of MoDs site. Besides that, here is a rather clumsy compilation of available public info in ru wiki: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A0%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%83%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BC%D0%B0_%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%BD%D0%B0_2011%E2%80%942020_%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B4%D1%8B

Why shouldn't he compare the two, they are the two factions in the mod :confused:

And RuAF in the mod are underfunded, this is a fact, yes? Once again - you really think that Damian90 was talking about mod's AFRF and USAF factions then he said that Russian AF are underfunded compared to USAF?

Anyway, my main idea was that then Damian90 says that RuAF are shity equiped and make that conclusion by comparing it with US Army - I think that this is rather unfair towards RuAF. Because US Army have the largest funding in the world, in fact its "war budget" is equal to budgets of other 10 best armed countries in the world, including Russia.

But I don't deny that Russian Army have very serious issues then we talk about modern equipment. In fact, several years ago it was in really shitty situation. But situation is improving. But if we look at the mod, right now it is seems that US have all the best toys in the box, while Russians are using cold-war era equipment mainly.

Yeah, I understand that RHS tries to do thing as it is IRL, but right now it seems that USA in the mod is post 2012 time period then RuAF in in pre-2008-2011 state. Which is not fair, IMHO. By default, Russian troops don't have optics, NVGs and other stuff, which some people don't like. So, why not give some optics+NVG to TL & SL, and give some NV optics to two-three soldiers in the squad, to at least make things balanced a bit? IRL such equipment will be given to soldiers of RuAF, if they are going into night mission, anyway.

I can see Spetsnaz & VDV plus similar commando units getting 100% NVG but not all units. Theres simply no need. Why kit out a unit thats is majority conscripts and/or not operationally ready for instance? Who says the stuff supplied will actually be any good anyway? I heard all this shit about Combat 95 and it was the biggest load of bollocks. The only decent stuff were the boots.

I still don't see why an infantry unit that has support to the degree Russia supplies in the form of arty that you'd need to supply standard motor rifle units with NVG's. Sure, in times of war you'd like the capability to furnish all units with NVGs but i just don't see it for the very reasons pointed out. Light infantry, maybe. Armoured/mechanized? Why? Illum.

As for the state contracts, they're still going to cost the same due to the fixed rate. I'm maybe missing something but why would stuff bought internally using the national currency be different other than being fixed against inflation? Selling arms to other countries due to the fall of the Rubel will be shit also will it not? Whats the point in all these sanctions over Ukraine otherwise? To be fair I'm not too sharp with world economics.

I highly doubt that an unlabored explosive can scratch a Bradley.

Not even the tracks? When placed as close to the bradley as the game allows without having it drive over them?

I can see Spetsnaz & VDV plus similar commando units getting 100% NVG but not all units. Theres simply no need. Why kit out a unit thats is majority conscripts and/or not operationally ready for instance?

Not majority, slightly less then a half. In 2014 the 49% of soldiers was contractors by official MoD statistics. So you see - a lot of you, westerners are in charms of late 90s-mid 00 fleur then you think about Russia in general and RuAF. ;) right now military service slowly becomes prestigious again in Russia, mainly because of current salary.

Not even the tracks? When placed as close to the bradley as the game allows without having it drive over them?

It should damage them, but as I said, Bradleys armor system is not finished, just wait for next stable release, I am sure Reyhard will implement proper armor calculated by me and Archbishop Lazarus.