Fair enough. I was told by the British Army, circa late 90's, they selected that type of armour as it's safer generally.

It's probably cheaper to produce knowing the MoD and the priority reason.

They're both designed to shatter kinetic rounds and have there pros and cons so it makes sense for development to mix attributes somehow.

So, Challenger 2 vs Abrams . Both fire a sabot at one another at the same time. Which crew will be drinking in the bar that night ?

What militaries say to their soldiers officially, and what are true reasons and scientific facts are two different things. ;)

As for M1 and Challenger 2, both have comparable armor protection, Challenger 2's addon armor kit is slightly more massive so protection over hull sides are probably slightly better. M1 on the other hand is more mobile, have better optcs and FCS (I had opportunity to familirize with both vehicles FCS using simulator and listening what crews of both have to say, Challenger 2's FCS is nightmare to learn and use), and also M256 smoothbore gun have better performance over L30A1 rifled gun, APFSDS ammunition is also more capable in US tank as it uses unitary rounds so penetrators can be longer, 3 piece ammo in Challenger 2 have limitations when it comes to penetrator lenght so it's performance will be weaker. M1 also have safer ammunition storage.

All in all bith are good tanks.

I read the VDV brass though their current one wasn't up to scratch and ordered a bunch of Eleron 3SVs. Looks pretty similar in terms of shape.

They're supposed to be making an indigenous heavy drone but no info. Quite amusing as Putin said they weren't interested in drones.

Just gave this mod a try, and I'm very impressed with the graphical assets. Good job on that. On the other hand, your configs need some work. Helmets, uniforms, vests all have the same stats and give no protection. I know, a lot of modders consider this a tedious task, but with VR Arsenal people will notice. Weapons also need tweaks in the configs, although people are not as likely to notice that.

After using the mod a bit more, I feel that I have to take back this comment. There's obviously a lot of attention to detail in your configs. I noticed there are parameters set for Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics too. Awesome!

I do believe Murican' hand-held UAVs are being worked on at this time.

Who knows about their Russian equivalents :D - in terms of capability, the Zala-421 is probably the closest.

Do any of these micro UAVs carry any explosives on them ? I would imagine a 1 kg warhead on these things would be pretty effective as a short range ghetto cruise missile

After using the mod a bit more, I feel that I have to take back this comment. There's obviously a lot of attention to detail in your configs. I noticed there are parameters set for Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics too. Awesome!

Man his ballistics mod is amazing it adds so much to firefights.

Edited by gibonez

Just a little rant concerning last FB post: such an amazing mod with great attention to details openly used in DayZ-like gamemode that clogged Arma's multiplayer? I refuse to believe that this terrible crime is still not condemned by the UN. :(

@Adumb: Don't take my rant too seriously, I don't mean to offend anyone here.

Edited by Semiconductor

Just a little rant concerning last FB post: such an amazing mod with great attention to details openly used in DayZ-like gamemode that clogged Arma's multiplayer? I refuse to believe that this terrible crime is still not condemned by the UN. :(

Well the mod is free to be used by anyone and as artists we are happy to see our work being played with in every game mode. We did not make Wasteland but we know it has a big following, and we are happy that their players can now also enjoy the fruits of our labour. More over the very popular king of the hill mode will be coming with an RHS edition soon too from the same mission maker.

Our own mission making department has been expanded as well and the next beta will feature our own flavour of Invade & Annex along with the already available CTI. This is all paving the way for our very own game mode to feature for 0.4

Wasteland ?

Heck any exposure is good exposure.

It is really neat that the Arma community is already using this mod quite extensively in multiplayer scenarios.

Well the mod is free to be used by anyone and as artists we are happy to see our work being played with in every game mode. We did not make Wasteland but we know it has a big following, and we are happy that their players can now also enjoy the fruits of our labour. More over the very popular king of the hill mode will be coming with an RHS edition soon too from the same mission maker.

Our own mission making department has been expanded as well and the next beta will feature our own flavour of Invade & Annex along with the already available CTI. This is all paving the way for our very own game mode to feature for 0.4

Interesting own game mode what would or can the be ? Can hardly wait

What militaries say to their soldiers officially, and what are true reasons and scientific facts are two different things. ;)

As for M1 and Challenger 2, both have comparable armor protection, Challenger 2's addon armor kit is slightly more massive so protection over hull sides are probably slightly better. M1 on the other hand is more mobile, have better optcs and FCS (I had opportunity to familirize with both vehicles FCS using simulator and listening what crews of both have to say, Challenger 2's FCS is nightmare to learn and use), and also M256 smoothbore gun have better performance over L30A1 rifled gun, APFSDS ammunition is also more capable in US tank as it uses unitary rounds so penetrators can be longer, 3 piece ammo in Challenger 2 have limitations when it comes to penetrator lenght so it's performance will be weaker. M1 also have safer ammunition storage.

I don't want to question your experience but doesn't the Challenger 2 use a MIL STD1553B databus for FCS which is a improved version of the Abram's FCS? Did the improvement make it more complex?

And according to a friend who served the Challenger 1 with TOGS had rather poor visibility while Challenger 2 with TOGS II was a lot better. But I'm not to familiar with the Abram's optics, how effective are they?

EDIT: How effective is HESH on a L30A1 compared to HE on a L/55?

Found a interesting site on the Chally 2, just wanted to share

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2012/11/the-tank-is-dead-long-live-the-tank-part-4-sdsr-army-2020-and-the-challenger-lep/

Edited by Jonathan0434

Hi great mod, way better material than vanilla, not only in looks but also in use :-)

Have some problem though, if an AI is in control of an Bradley m2a2/a3 it seems like it wont use its tow missiles on enemy armor, only its 20 mm cannon?

Also i have some problems using this alongside RDS tank pack. It take like 2 - 3 shots (frontal) to kill an t-55 with an SABOT from an m1a1/a2 abrams, and that feels unrealistic, for whay i have been reading, it should destroy it??

But anyhow i also just want to say thanks for this, its like a total new game :-)

Sixt

Hi Damian, do you know of a site with good (reliable) collected information on different MBTs? I often find your posts here really interesting and sometimes would like to read more.

Edited by rzon

I don't want to question your experience but doesn't the Challenger 2 use a MIL STD1553B databus for FCS which is a improved version of the Abram's FCS? Did the improvement make it more complex?

And according to a friend who served the Challenger 1 with TOGS had rather poor visibility while Challenger 2 with TOGS II was a lot better. But I'm not to familiar with the Abram's optics, how effective are they?

EDIT: How effective is HESH on a L30A1 compared to HE on a L/55?

Found a interesting site on the Chally 2, just wanted to share

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2012/11/the-tank-is-dead-long-live-the-tank-part-4-sdsr-army-2020-and-the-challenger-lep/

It is not about databus, it is about optics placement on Challenger 2 that causes problems. The day sight that is placed on turret roof works like an other modern tank sight, it is good, no problems there, but in the moment you switch to thermal channel it starts to be funny ride. TOGS-2 is mounted on the gun mantled, which means there is no stabilization there for sight, sight is stabilized by the gun in vertical and turret in horizontal plane. It means that sight is neither SAHA neither DAHA type, so movable floating reticle is needed. It means that gunner needs to familirize himself with two different aiming methods at moving targets or when his own tank is moving.

Another problem is long range fire when using TOGS-2, because FCS needs to compensate projectile drop, it will superelevate main gun to a proper position, which means, especially firing HESH, that when you use TOGS-2 you loose sight of your target.

As for HESH ammo, it's obsolete, plus as far as I know, HESH with fins can be designed for smoothbore gun as well, but nobody bothers with it, a modern HE round with programmable fuze can do the same and more. HESH allways explodes on impact, while modern HE with such programmable fuze, can be programmed in to several operating modes, like explode on impact, delay/armor piercing mode where round first pierces through wall or armor and then explodes behind it, and also airburst mode so you can for example kill enemy infantry hiding besides some obstacles like sand berms. HESH can't do that.

Actually in RHS we have such 120mm programmable HE round, the M1069, however important, for now round acts like a simple HE, it is not programmable yet, but maybe in future, maybe!. ;)

Hi Damian, do you know of a site with good (reliable) collected information on different MBTs? I often find your posts here really interesting and sometimes would like to read more.

The most basic source of my informations, and the best one, is literature, so books, documents and such kind of things, and of course discussions with other well acknowleged people, if you are english speaker only, try TankNet forums, for russian speaking people, Otvaga2004 forums, but due to recent political situation, forums were flooded by people not necessary interested in scientific discussion but in to who's dick is bigger type of discussion, other good russian language site is btvt.narod.ru. You can also find some of my posts on military photos.net.

Also myself and my collegue are writing articles for polish military portals, link to my article you can find on RHS facebook page.

Thank you for reply! Yeah, I totally understand, I just was a little bit annoyed by need to dig through loads of Wastelands/Altis Life servers to find some other gamemode and apparently choose wrong thread to voice my thoughts about it. Sorry for causing all the commotion. :)

Great to hear that the new gamemode is coming, can't wait to check it out. :cool:

What you have contributed to the Arma community in comparison to people like Sa-Matra, Tonic and Dean Hall?
I'm afraid that's a bad way of arguing, not just because it allows a range of witty retorts ;), but also because one doesn't need to be an artist to form a personal opinion about painting. Otherwise the only folks who can praise or criticize mods are those who created a modification quality-wise similar to the praised/criticized one.

Great to hear that the new gamemode is coming, can't wait to check it out. :cool:I'm afraid that's a bad way of arguing, not just because it allows a range of witty retorts ;), but also because one doesn't need to be an artist to form a personal opinion about painting. Otherwise the only folks who can praise or criticize mods are those who created a modification quality-wise similar to the praised/criticized one.

The real critics (whatever the subject), even though they are not creatores, know what it takes to do it, and are very knowledgeable (theory wise) about the workflows, and the general environment for the subject they are criticizing.

That being said, everyone is entitled to a personal opinion, but it doesn't make one a real critic (no matter of subject).

To end the debate, please keep it on topic, if you feel the need to bash someone, please do it in a different thread

Hello,

First of all this is an amazing mods. We use it on our weekly ops, the quality and finish in general is superb.

I've been using the M1A2s recently and came upon a ranging error, when trying to range targets. The function works, intermittently, I do know you need to range over 400m for it to work too. The problem is that it throws a scripting error when trying to range. I managed to take a screenshot of the error message that popped up because of the -showscripterrors startup parameter: RHS_lead_m1.sqf line 18.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/weedlord_bonerhitler/screenshot/540766501016804767

Hope this helps. Thanks for everything.

One can never have enough AK(M)s...

EDIT

***deprecated***

Edited by PuFu
depracated

Those AKMs look plastic :(

The wood furniture is getting tweaked, don't worry.

Just popping my head in.

You guys have way too many toys, bloody hell.

Just wanted to say good luck for the competition, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Epoch to win, but if anyone else deserves it, it's you guys.

Good luck gentlemen, once everything is over things will get back to normal, and possible collabs in future could be had. :D

Just popping my head in.

You guys have way too many toys, bloody hell.

Just wanted to say good luck for the competition, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Epoch to win, but if anyone else deserves it, it's you guys.

Good luck gentlemen, once everything is over things will get back to normal, and possible collabs in future could be had. :D

Thanks man!

There is actually one thing where you could help us: Tell us how you did the Motorcycle! :D

Hello,

I have a question, how to solve the problem of AI units low on ammo?

It's not often play with real people who may use the VAS to mount your equipment.

The problem with using the AI, with the RHS, is that all soldiers have not enough ammunition to fight, and of course, no backpack does not fit all the same.

Any solution?

Hello,

I have a question, how to solve the problem of AI units low on ammo?

It's not often play with real people who may use the VAS to mount your equipment.

The problem with using the AI, with the RHS, is that all soldiers have not enough ammunition to fight, and of course, no backpack does not fit all the same.

Any solution?

Most of the AI complains about low ammo are already solved, they will be publicly available in the next beta. :)