Actually protection between the two is comparable. Both vehicles in their base configuration will survive from the front 30mm APDS ammo fired from 2A42/2A72 guns. Both vehicles can receive addon armor packages to further booster their sruvivability, and both of the newest addon armor kits are based on ERA.

Base configuration? I dont know about the Warrior, but a base Bradley (M2, M2A1) can barely resist the KPVT machinegun! A 2A42 with old APBC ammo makes it swiss cheese. Or if you mean M2A2, then its OK, that can survive APDS. But thats not the base variant.

Base configuration? I dont know about the Warrior, but a base Bradley (M2, M2A1) can barely resist the KPVT machinegun! A 2A42 with old APBC ammo makes it swiss cheese. Or if you mean M2A2, then its OK, that can survive APDS. But thats not the base variant.

Yes I meant M2A2 and M2A3 and I meant their base configuration, not the base variant. In fact there are no M2 and M2A1 left, all were rebuilded in to M2A2 or M2A3 configuration. ;)

Actually Warrior have alluminium hull armor, just like M2 and M2A1, so it's base protection is probably comparable to early Bradley models, and not M2A2 and M2A3 that have alluminium + high hardness steel composite armor. Warrior is also lighter in it's base configuration than M2A2 and M2A3, 25 metric tons vs ~30 metric tons.

Edited by Damian90

I'm not saying its impossible full stop but a SU-35S travelling at 300km/h at 500m+ alt?

Thats one shit hot gunner :)

300 km/h? Fuck, you should be stalling! You're practically a falling leaf at that speed.

Never seen a leaf do 300km/h :p

I'll put a plus sign at the end to sate the appetites of the more pedantic among us lol

The lack of coverage on the Warriors Chobham is just to protect the driver btw nothing more.

The lower hull plate on the front of the Bradley has no additional protection either.

Edited by markh7991

The lack of coverage on the Warriors Chobham is just to protect the driver btw nothing more.

Actually even driver protection is relatively poor considering possible angles of impact. And there is no such codename as "Chobham"... ugh I wonder how long historians will need to fight with this idiotic made up codename, even if in official armor documentation it does not exist. :j:

The lower hull plate on the front of the Bradley has no additional protection either.

Yes, but probably if hit there is lower, and there is transmission compartment there.

All in all M2A2 and M2A3 are better protected than Warrior.

Its a reference to where it was designed. I'm sure it isn't official but its used as a reference in training the same as SA80 was for L85A1.

We used to refer to rifles as 'gats' as well, and still do, but hey, what can you do?

I'm sure the whats better debate could last forever in terms of protection so I'll agree to disagree :)

Edited by markh7991

Designed and tested - the Sound proof explosion proof booth they used to test armour with is now a private business that test hp on cars. The Dynomometer is in there... Surrey Rolling road I think. Interesting place...

SJ

I get this error when firing the 53-OCh-540 WP rounds and nothing happens in terms of impact:

Script

WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\scripts\WPTrail.sqf

not found

I get this error when firing the 53-OCh-540 WP rounds and nothing happens in terms of impact:

Script

WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\scripts\WPTrail.sqf

not found

blastcore bug

Well, Im going to agree to disagree.

Afterall, LCpl Beharry VC's Warrior survived multiple RPG hits at close quarters and still survived without causing death

But I agree that the M2A3 is better protected compared to a off the factory Warrior but Warriors have had a upgrade in the 90s with Appliqué armor so the Warrior should be similarly protected if not better protected but lets just agree to disagree

EDIT: Just thought I would insert this funny (true?) story. I once heard about about a guy who said he saw warrior crew whining that their Warrior had taken a direct hit from an RPG or IED and there wasnt enough damage to make a cool photo! But I cant confirm the authenticity of the story :P

Edited by Jonathan0434

Its a reference to where it was designed. I'm sure it isn't official but its used as a reference in training the same as SA80 was for L85A1.

We used to refer to rifles as 'gats' as well, and still do, but hey, what can you do?

I'm sure the whats better debate could last forever in terms of protection so I'll agree to disagree :)

Me and damian have been round in circles with this mate haha.

LOL, put it this way as a rifleman I'd rather stand next to composite armour rather than ERA

;)

If RHS did Russian UAVs I'd be well chuffed. We're currently using the Raven RQ-11 mod which is excellent but it's a proxy for the moment in terms of 'realism'.

You guys might want to hook up with Feint on this as his system works well.

Mod is correctly loaded but I can't find any new unit in the editor, did I miss something ?

yes, the entire mod ;)

recheck your startup parameters

LOL, put it this way as a rifleman I'd rather stand next to composite armour rather than ERA

;)

You will be dead or injured either way. People tend to forget that projectiles when exploding or penetrating (if they are kinetic energy) also creates overpressure, flames, fragments and such sort of deadly things.

Besides this modern ERA do not have that much of explosives, and the whole development moves towards something called SLERA or Self Limiting Explosive Reactive Armor. In fact there is not that much of explosives in explosive reactive armors.

In the same time development of vehicles protection moves towards a combination of composite armor (which in reality, at least incase of main battle tanks, in it's design is closer to NERA or non energetic reactive armor than classical passive composite) and explosive reactive armor, even the newest Challenger 2 addon armor package uses ERA for side hull and turret protection.

Fair enough. I was told by the British Army, circa late 90's, they selected that type of armour as it's safer generally.

It's probably cheaper to produce knowing the MoD and the priority reason.

They're both designed to shatter kinetic rounds and have there pros and cons so it makes sense for development to mix attributes somehow.

So, Challenger 2 vs Abrams . Both fire a sabot at one another at the same time. Which crew will be drinking in the bar that night ?

So, Challenger 2 vs Abrams . Both fire a sabot at one another at the same time. Which crew will be drinking in the bar that night ?

The Challenger 2 crew. Because they are British.

The Challenger 2 crew. Because they are British.

Americans go to bars, Brits go to pubs.

Americans go to bars, Brits go to pubs.

Best argument I have heard in a long time :)

Pish.

Pubs and bars can co-exist peacefully in our great nation :p

Usually more tits in a bar anyway. In more ways than one.

You'd get frowned at for ordering beer in a bottle from a pub.

I do believe Murican' hand-held UAVs are being worked on at this time.

Who knows about their Russian equivalents :D - in terms of capability, the Zala-421 is probably the closest.