Yeah, but the Bradleys are a little too good at bringing down helis. Fair enough they miss the first few shots but at that ROF is goodnight for the heli.

In real life a Warrior IFV wouldn't be able to target a heli like that. The gunnery would have to be some really advanced automated system. The last time I was in a turret cage is was a Raven sight and fine adjustments were made using little wheels to aim. I'd imagine the Bradley uses a similar system that isn't automated and therefore not as good as it is in game. I have no issue with the Bradley agaisnt ground targets.

I haven't even tried the AA Bradley. Whats the point when the IFV version is so good?

Take a read at that document then :)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-22-1/fm3-22-1.pdf

page 136 or 105 onwards

AA Bradley have stinger missiles and can engage moving targets at greater distance

Don't compare M2 Bradley that have real fire control system and fully stabilized turret and armaments, to FV510 Warrior that do not have FCS, do not have stabilization, and it's 30mm main gun is obsolete design compared to Bradleys 25mm chain gun.

Warrior is just primitive in this regard compared to M2 or even BMP-2.

Other thing is improved Warrior that will be inducted in to service in nearest future with new turret that have real fire control system, stabilization and a modern 40mm gun with linkless belt feed.

Ok, I though it was the latest variant that had FCS.

It says in the link provided that a gunner engages using the co ax MG for aircraft. I've yet to see any evidence that would suggest that kind of accuracy against an evading heli with the 25mm regardless of FCS.

There's a reason the AA variant has stingers after all. In game stingers aren't really an issue with CM and warning system.

The FCS is optimised for ground targets not AA anyway.

Currently in RHS we have M2A2ODS and M2A3 which are two latest, currently widely fielded M2 variants with all bells and whistles, tough even newer M2A3 with ECP upgrades are currently in the fielding process, maybe we will have these as well, who knows.

As for AA performance, it is more a problem with AI accuracy, try to do the same with human player and it will look differently, I don't know if we can solve this.

As for AA performance, it is more a problem with AI accuracy, try to do the same with human player and it will look differently, I don't know if we can solve this.

Well you can disable airLock on that cannon so AI won't use the cannon but only coax mg against helicopters?

Guys, I'm not complaining or anything but its an observation we've made in our GU. I thought we were maybe taking to long to aquire a target or just being crap but even in a SU-35S, after destroying an Abrams I have thrown CM banked an gained altitude and been shot down by a Bradley. This happens everytime unless I omit the Bradleys.

I need to test it the other way i.e BMP vs Apache but as we're a Russian themed unit without AI it hasn't been a concern.

FV510 Warrior that do not have FCS, do not have stabilization,

Warrior does have a sort of FCS nowadays, just no automated/powered gun-laying and stabilisation capability for fire-on-the-move etc. As you say it's kind of limited by the fact that only the sight can be stabilised (and currently they're only stabilised in one axis) and fine control of the gun is still mechanical.

Basically you lase something, and the BGTI system's computer moves the aiming mark to indicate the required elevation adjustment for the gunner to crank in. It's pretty similar to how the T-72B FCS works in this mod, but IIRC it can also indicate traverse lead and the sight picture is more modern looking and less cluttered. But yea, it's still pretty much ancient gunnery technology compared to the Brad's FCS.

The gunner can still overlay the old RARDEN graticule as well if the 1980s-quality FCS makes things too easy for him :D

WCSP will be a godsend!

Warrior does have a sort of FCS nowadays, just no automated/powered gun-laying and stabilisation capability for fire-on-the-move etc. As you say it's kind of limited by the fact that only the sight can be stabilised (and currently they're only stabilised in one axis) and fine control of the gun is still mechanical.

Basically you lase something, and the BGTI system's computer moves the aiming mark to indicate the required elevation adjustment for the gunner to crank in. It's pretty similar to how the T-72B FCS works in this mod, but IIRC it can also indicate traverse lead and the sight picture is more modern looking and less cluttered. But yea, it's still pretty much ancient gunnery technology compared to the Brad's FCS.

The gunner can still overlay the old RARDEN graticule as well if the 1980s-quality FCS makes things too easy for him :D

WCSP will be a godsend!

And chain-fed auto cannons also make loading a bit of a nuisance, with the RARDEN it might have taken more effort to reload but it was in some ways easier to load compared to loading a chain of rounds

But the WCSP and Scout SV will change things drastically

And don't forget Warrior is superior in protection compared to the Bradley and BMP-3, and soldiers usually fight better when they don't have little holes in them

And don't forget Warrior is superior in protection compared to the Bradley

Actually protection between the two is comparable. Both vehicles in their base configuration will survive from the front 30mm APDS ammo fired from 2A42/2A72 guns. Both vehicles can receive addon armor packages to further booster their sruvivability, and both of the newest addon armor kits are based on ERA.

Actually ERA addon armor package for Bradley have better coverage over vehicle front, while in case of Warrior there is huge non protected area there.

Hi, I want to suggest you, and beg to consider the fact of adapt helmet mounted displays in your helicopters.

My team is actually using kimi helos (@us_helos_kimi)mixed with @RHS helis, but comparing your blackhawk and the kimi's one, there's no point of comparison, yours is much better, simply by the fact of having the ability of opening and closing the rear doors, and the ability of shooting from inside.

But the pilots of my group are used to the helmet mounted displays of kimi (gerardbolso1899). This is the helmet displays mod by also gerardbolso1899 (@helo_hdms_kimi). This gives the pilot all the necesary information in your helmet, as it is irl.

So i beg you to please consider, talking to gerardbolso1899 for making an agreement to make his display mod to work with yours, or if not, making available displays for your helos, because i would love to use your helos, but as me and my team pilots are used to the displays, i don't think i could make them switch to your helis.

Thanks in advance, and thank you again for this awesome mod.

Edited by fons

Hey guys,

I don't know, whether this issue has allready been told to you, but I'll tell you anyways :cool:

Some of your vehicles, i.e. the T80, won't get damaged "as a whole". With "as a whole" I mean any damage you could read out via damage. They'll only get damage on their vehicle parts. This is not pretty, pretty bad, but in combination with this issue click me!, you're not able to repair vehicles affected by this problem.

Nice mod anyways, very high quality!

Hi, I want to suggest you, and beg to consider the fact of adapt helmet mounted displays in your helicopters.

My team is actually using kimi helos (@us_helos_kimi)mixed with @RHS helis, but comparing your blackhawk and the kimi's one, there's no point of comparison, yours is much better, simply by the fact of having the ability of opening and closing the rear doors, and the ability of shooting from inside.

But the pilots of my group are used to the helmet mounted displays of kimi (gerardbolso1899). This is the helmet displays mod by also gerardbolso1899 (@helo_hdms_kimi). This gives the pilot all the necesary information in your helmet, as it is irl.

So i beg you to please consider, talking to gerardbolso1899 for making an agreement to make his display mod to work with yours, or if not, making available displays for your helos, because i would love to use your helos, but as me and my team pilots are used to the displays, i don't think i could make them switch to your helis.

Thanks in advance, and thank you again for this awesome mod.

I've contacted him to see if we can work something out.

I got a simple question that I hope does not intrude too much.

Every single vehicle in the game has super detailed fire control systems , how will indirect fire be handled in the future ?

Will indirect fire also get a revamp when it comes to their fire control systems or will they simply use the arty computer like they do now ?

Or will RHS use a homegrown method for indirect fire.

Hi,

Are you working on MRAP for example Maxxpro,RG-31 or Oskosh M-ATV?? it would be nice to complete us army faction for middle eastern conflict.

Thanks and nice job!!

RHS Hummers have problems of exploding on contact with nearly anything hard that is placed on the gameworld. Small rocks and pieces of concrete are particularly effective. Yet the hummers have a habbit of withstanding multiple hits from explosives and weapons such as Rpgs. Other vehicles also have these issues but with the hummers they are particularly bad.

Guys, I'm not complaining or anything but its an observation we've made in our GU. I thought we were maybe taking to long to aquire a target or just being crap but even in a SU-35S, after destroying an Abrams I have thrown CM banked an gained altitude and been shot down by a Bradley. This happens everytime unless I omit the Bradleys.

Counter-measures only work for missiles. Bradley's just shoot normal HEI rounds.

In real life Bradleys can shoot helicopters and low flying planes with their main gun.

Could you provide us more information on how you were shot down?

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

RHS Hummers have problems of exploding on contact with nearly anything hard that is placed on the gameworld. Small rocks and pieces of concrete are particularly effective. Yet the hummers have a habbit of withstanding multiple hits from explosives and weapons such as Rpgs. Other vehicles also have these issues but with the hummers they are particularly bad.

What version of RHS and A3 are you using?

I've been doing some tests with the RHS dev, and besides a huge crash that destroys most of the vehicle, nothing more happens ( no explosions ).

No way Bradleys can shoot down evading SU-35S's. I don't buy it. Infantry are trained to shoot down low flying helis and aircraft with MG's but that doesn't mean anything in real world applications. If the RL Bradley was that good then they wouldn't have spent the cash on the AA variant or any other low to medium altitude AA. Bradley spam for the win. By extension an Abrams would be able to do the same also.

I get shot down, assuming I'm spotted by the AI, as various distances and heights. Put it this way, nothing else can touch me when I'm jinking apart from the Bradleys 25mm cannon. Some 25mm rounds miss but i put that down to the skill level of the AI. Its more effective than proper AA cannon fire. Thers no counter for it either.

Try it. Put an infantry section plus Bradley down plus Abrams and an A10. I bet you the Bradleys gets you.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Can anyone tell me what these rounds actually are in terms of He, Illum etc:

53-VDF-27

53-OCh-540

3VDF93

53-VD-546

3VS-23

They show as these designations under Drongos Arty mod and they look like Russian designations.

I don't buy it. Infantry are trained to shoot down low flying helis and aircraft with MG's but that doesn't mean anything in real world applications. If the RL Bradley was that good then they wouldn't have spent the cash on the AA variant or any other low to medium altitude AA. Bradley spam for the win. By extension an Abrams would be able to do the same also.

I get shot down, assuming I'm spotted by the AI, as various distances and heights. Put it this way, nothing else can touch me when I'm jinking apart from the Bradleys 25mm cannon. Some 25mm rounds miss but i put that down to the skill level of the AI. Its more effective than proper AA cannon fire. Thers no counter for it either..

Think of the Bradley's M242 as a WW2 AA gun, it sprays and pray. But as their HEI shells are quite powerful, just one lucky shot can already disable an aircraft. In fact I asked to a real M242 crewman and he told me that it all goes to the skill of the gunner, but possible is.

I'll do some tests anyway.

I'm not saying its impossible full stop but a SU-35S travelling at 300km/h + at 500m+ alt?

Thats one shit hot gunner :)

Edited by markh7991

I've contacted him to see if we can work something out.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for all your hard work, and also hearing the community suggestions. Cannot wait for this :yay:

Actually protection between the two is comparable. Both vehicles in their base configuration will survive from the front 30mm APDS ammo fired from 2A42/2A72 guns. Both vehicles can receive addon armor packages to further booster their sruvivability, and both of the newest addon armor kits are based on ERA.

Actually ERA addon armor package for Bradley have better coverage over vehicle front, while in case of Warrior there is huge non protected area there.

Thats with the standard base variant, ever since Bosnia the Warrior in conflict have been using a mix of ERA, cage armor and Chobham plates if I remember properly but are not used in peacetime. And thats all in the past. The WCSP (coming soontm should upgrade the Warrior into a new level of protection and firepower. The Bradley is still pretty cool though, good AT capability. But thats for another forum :)