Fire Control System

To assist with the aiming the T-72B features a 1A40-1 ballistic calculator instead of a more complex system ( we will call it FCS for the sake of simplification ). This means that T-72B will only collect ballistic data for ammunition and range, not the lead ( lead is the term used to refer to putting a gun in front of a target which is moving perpendicular to your vantage point ). When you lead a target, you essentially need to fire in front of target at the point you estimate the round and target will meet. There's also a visual reference that can be used to measure distances comparing it with a human height.

1. To activate the FCS, select the Fire Control System "weapon" and press once [Left Mouse Button]. If system is activated you should see red laser dot in the middle of the screen

2. Once you have laser dot, select weapon you want to use (main gun or coaxial MG)

3. With weapon selected, you can now mark targets. To do so, press once your lock target key ( [T] key by default ). The computer will now calculate required elevation to hit target and move weapon reticle. You have to now move the gun so target is in front of arrow (^)

4. You can manually adjust range with the keys [Page Up] to raise and [Page Down] to lower.

On the earliest T72 model this does not work when I attempt it. Activating fire control only shows the red hexagon, which then disappears forever after the first shot. And I do not see anything happeing on the sight when pressing T. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

On the earliest T72 model this does not work when I attempt it. Activating fire control only shows the red hexagon, which then disappears forever after the first shot. And I do not see anything happeing on the sight when pressing T. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I've just tested and it works flawlessly.

At what distance are you aiming? Try to aim to long distances where the distance have to change.

Found the problem. The FCS works as advertised if an actual player is using it. But jumping in with a ZEUS controlled unit, it appears not to work.

@ alleycat - fixed in beta02 together with other scripts (folding rifle, bipods, etc)

@ Kaxii - and two other? :P

I have an FFV related question. Was it only a rumor which I heard that was the possibility of players firing out of vehicle slits with a new FFV lean out feature? (I mean the actual feature in arma3 and wether that would translate into players firing from the backseats of BMPs?

Let's play a game...

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/teaser_s.jpg

Can you spot what's new over there? ;)

Apart from guys sitting atop BTR, there is a gunner in Tigr. I am curious about how do you made this? As a turret or as a fire from vehicle? Also, I might be wrong, but did you guys edited Ka-52 model? On your screen it have a blob on it's rotor shaft.

Not sure if this is a bug or a a feature:

The PGO-7V3 sight is always ranged at 500m (in the hud). And the ranging guides on the crosshairs dont seem to be needed at all, because the bullet always strikes exactly at the crosshair at the top of the sight. I have shot at practice targets on 200-500m and its always on the cross, using an ak74.

The PSO-1 has the opposite issue. It can be freely ranged using the page keys which makes using the sight guides obsolete.

Are these WIP or are there technical limitations by the game?

Is the V3 not the RPG one?

V1 is the rifle one i thought? Could be wrong i can't check right now :/

Oh wow its possible to change sights on launchers? That is the most emergent gameplay moment I had in arma3. Putting an RPG sight on my ak74 and complaining why its ranged to 500m. But still is it a feature or a bug that it is always dead on where the crosshair is? Does it have a ballistic computer?

Not sure if this is a bug or a a feature:

The PGO-7V3 sight is always ranged at 500m (in the hud). And the ranging guides on the crosshairs dont seem to be needed at all, because the bullet always strikes exactly at the crosshair at the top of the sight. I have shot at practice targets on 200-500m and its always on the cross, using an ak74.

The PSO-1 has the opposite issue. It can be freely ranged using the page keys which makes using the sight guides obsolete.

Are these WIP or are there technical limitations by the game?

PGO-7V3 is an optical sight designed for RPG-7. It is not supposed to be used with AKs or any other rifle. PGO-7V3 doesn't have any BC, as it is a simple telescopic optical device from 1960s. :)

PGO-7V3 is an optical sight designed for RPG-7. It is not supposed to be used with AKs or any other rifle. PGO-7V3 doesn't have any BC, as it is a simple telescopic optical device from 1960s.

However it is still a bug that when I fit it on an AK74 it will always head exactly slightly above the cross, on any distance? Because then its a ballistically corrected gun. I think it should be removed from possible ak74 attachments because it would be easy to cheat in MP.

Also how to use the 1P29 sight? The scale on the right is used to measure the distance to a human target but what to do after that? Do you have to eyeball and imagine a line from the height marker to the black triangle in the center and elevate?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

And more questions:

Is it a bug or intended that on the russian side only officers and sergeants get magnified scopes while on the US side most riflemen get ACOG?

However it is still a bug that when I fit it on an AK74 it will always head exactly slightly above the cross, on any distance? Because then its a ballistically corrected gun. I think it should be removed from possible ak74 attachments because it would be easy to cheat in MP.

Also how to use the 1P29 sight? The scale on the right is used to measure the distance to a human target but what to do after that? Do you have to eyeball and imagine a line from the height marker to the black triangle in the center and elevate?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

And more questions:

Is it a bug or intended that on the russian side only officers and sergeants get magnified scopes while on the US side most riflemen get ACOG?

It is possible to fit on AK so it will remain possible. Its not useful though. The reason it is always hitting is that the sight is zeroes at 500m and it just seems so. You cant cheat with it the same way you cant with any other sight.

The 1P29 has a ranger for 1.5m height targets (strange choice for height). In the last public beta it was wrongly configured to be unzeroable. In the next version it will be zeroable between 400 and 1000m.

About equipment. It is intentional. Think of the default units as a lazy preview, any good mission would make custom loadouts to what he feels is right, or offer players ammoboxes.

Please tell me you guys are going to add Desert/Woodland camo variants for the M4/16's and accessories!! =) PLLEEEASE haha

Could u please make yr mod be compatible with blastcore? got an issue with russian HE rounds so they hit ground and there's no explosion, dust etc. :(

Please tell me you guys are going to add Desert/Woodland camo variants for the M4/16's and accessories!! =) PLLEEEASE haha

Outside of special forces do Marines and Army soldiers use Camoed m4s or m16s ?

I thought everything they were issued was standard black.

Army allowed painting weapons for soldiers on OEF recently.

Regular infantry Marines usually only use standard issue, but MARSOC/Recon and snipers get to paint/camouflage their gear/weapons.

Do you plan to add camo/retexture the current Russian vehicles? I find the same green color annoying. (I saw the wip picture of the BMP-3, it had a nice camo)

Also what about Kamaz trucks?

hi, how can i adjust bm21 firing modes to make it work with the doArtilleryFire command?

What is the difference between the types of ammo for the M4? There is M855A1, Mk 262 and Mk 318 (I think); I assume that these have different characteristics for penetration or something? What are the different uses?

The Bradleys seem very OP to me. The 25mm gun elevation seems very high when I'm being shot to bits in a heli :/

@ fluffyfatcat - check few pages back

@markh7991 - yup, Ka-52 have UPK23-250 gunpods - available also on other helis :)

as for bradleys - what about BMP2 then? It has even higher elevation (74 deg) & higher ROF. It just configured like IRL

Yeah, but the Bradleys are a little too good at bringing down helis. Fair enough they miss the first few shots but at that ROF is goodnight for the heli.

In real life a Warrior IFV wouldn't be able to target a heli like that. The gunnery would have to be some really advanced automated system. The last time I was in a turret cage is was a Raven sight and fine adjustments were made using little wheels to aim. I'd imagine the Bradley uses a similar system that isn't automated and therefore not as good as it is in game. I have no issue with the Bradley agaisnt ground targets.

I haven't even tried the AA Bradley. Whats the point when the IFV version is so good?