So the video.

Only RHS - latest non beta version, latest stable not beta A3.

So the video.

Only RHS - latest non beta version, latest stable not beta A3.

I'm a bit confused. I have already commented that 3-4 5.56x45 rounds in the chest for a unit with vest is our aim, as it's realist.

It's what it took in your video ( 4 in the first and 3 in the second ).

The Russian soldier with the vest took 3-4x 5,56x45 ( which is IMO correct, as that's precisely why the vest is for ).
Using only A3 vanilla + RHS it takes 2x 5,56x45 vanilla bullets in the chest to kill a vanilla civilian or a RHS soldier without vest, and 3-4 bullets to kill a RHS soldier with a vest ( with AGM it's exactly the same ).

I'm a bit confused. I have already commented that 3-4 5.56x45 rounds in the chest for a unit with vest is our aim, as it's realist.

It's what it took in your video ( 4 in the first and 3 in the second ).

It will be constantly 4 hits to kill unit with RHS uniform + RHS vest, and it will be constantly 3 shots to kill unit with RHS vest only, and doesn't matter what uniform.

4 with RHS uniform

3 without RHS uniform, or with any other uniform in the game

Also, if you want your units to survive 3-4 shots while he is wearing armored vest, why won't u just increase armor value of the vest? Why you have to increase armor value of the units body?

Also if you will just increase armor value of the vest, and will leave units parametrs untouched it won't conflict with mods like AGM

Edited by Tachi

It will be constantly 4 hits to kill unit with RHS uniform + RHS vest, and it will be constantly 3 shots to kill unit with RHS vest only, and doesn't matter what uniform.

4 with RHS uniform

3 without RHS uniform, or any other uniform in the game

Also, if you want your units to survive 3-4 shots while he is wearing armored vest, why won't u just increase armor value of the vest? Why you have to increase armor value of the units body?

Also if you will just increase armor value of the vest, and will leave units parametrs untouched it won't conflict with mods like AGM

We'll take your feedback under consideration, and look for ways to improve it for 0.4. Thank you for your report.

RHS have made it quite clear they don't much care for compatibility between their work and vanilla ArmA, or other mods in general, so why would they make special exceptions for one particular mod?

Umm because we are making a mod about contemporary realistic warfare and the vanilla content is science fiction maybe? Does a WW2 mod need to make sure that the vests and helmets they make fits with vanilla content or their own custom models? Our mod gives you custom scratch built unit models, what should be our main concern? Fitting our own content together or to fit it on CSAT spacesuits? I'm sorry if it sounds bad but I thought the answer is obvious.

Furthermore, do you know how hard it is to weigh equipment for binirized ODOLs (its pretty hard to do it even for completely new models)?

As for damage system/penetration if we feel like we can make a better system then why not? There are many servers out there that run the mod in RU vs US and have no problems having fun. Thats what we envisioned and thats what we will strive to achieve.

We'll take your feedback under consideration, and look for ways to improve it for 0.4. Thank you for your report.

Thank you :)

P.S. Please take a note https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1664

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

RHS have made it quite clear they don't much care for compatibility between their work and vanilla ArmA, or other mods in general, so why would they make special exceptions for one particular mod?

It's not special exceptions, it's just spoiling the logic of how VR engine handles the damage, it can be done in a more right and natural way.

I usually get 2x 5,56x45 bullets in the chest for an soldier without vest, which is what we esteem proper.

And 3-4x bullets in the chest for a soldier that wears vest.

Which as I commented is what's intended. But as I said before we appreciate all the suggestions :)

As a side-note it works perfectly with AGM.

Edited by MistyRonin

Thank you :)

P.S. Please take a note https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1664

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

It's not special exceptions, it's just spoiling the logic of how VR engine handles the damage, it can be done in a more right and natural way.

I know that, I wasn't arguing against you.

I usually get 2x 5,56x45 bullets in the chest for an soldier without vest, which is what we esteem proper.

Which as I commented is what's intended. But as I said before we appreciate all the suggestions :)

I completely understand your logic. But you can do this by increasing armor values of your armored vests, not units. What you do is basically you add armor to the uniforms.

You read what SA said wrong - as long as it is withing the reasonable reach (to be read - without compromising the overall vision and scope of the mod, or working around things like odol meshes for skinning/weighting), it is more likely than not that there will be compatibility with other 3rd party addons. Yes, it is not a main priority, but no one is doing it on purpose. If the advantage outweighs the downside of working around some limitation, will most likely be in. Be it AGM or something completely different. Of course, when it comes with implementing certain systems that would take things up one notch, we can only do it for our own content, not for everyone's elses just as well. We don't strive for balance, but for authenticity.

In the grand scheme of things, some stuff might be either overlooked, postponed or denied, for reasons that might not have a direct and immediate meaning for most.

But there is one thing to report it and move on, and another to demand answers...

As a side-note it works perfectly with AGM.

Is there anyway to take in consideration the blunt force trauma that a bullet hit causes to a person (when wearing a vest or otherwise)? It's not like AI should be standing up after getting shot, they should be thrown down or forced down by the effects of the bullet? Now they shake violently which looks quite silly :)

Also consider that damage output depends on the distance aswell. Because now RHS units can survive even more shots from 300m.

Is there anyway to take in consideration the blunt force trauma that a bullet hit causes to a person (when wearing a vest or otherwise)?

We have thought about that. We will see what we can do if we go for the complex "human" hit/penetration system.

Until then I'm afraid we'll have to keep with BI's default system...

Maybe with a lot of luck BI devs will implement something more realistic for the next DLC ( like a proper First-Aid module ).

Is there anyway to take in consideration the blunt force trauma that a bullet hit causes to a person (when wearing a vest or otherwise)? It's not like AI should be standing up after getting shot, they should be thrown down or forced down by the effects of the bullet? Now they shake violently which looks quite silly :)

Exactly and there's probably no easy way to do it realistically. Which is why realistic damage numbers should be reduced to compensate for the lack of all these other realistic factors. In short it needs balancing...a dirty word it seems.

As it's becoming a trend, one of our members will be streaming some of his work in our Twitch.

Today our amazing artist, Kenji will be creating from a scratch one of the most requested Russian vehicles ( hint, it starts with Tu ), using only Object Builder ( not for the faint of heart ).

Everyone is invited!

Is there anything in RHS modifying infantry damage other than changing the armor values?

As it's becoming a trend, one of our members will be streaming some of his work in our Twitch.

Today our amazing artist, Kenji will be creating from a scratch one of the most requested Russian vehicles ( hint, it starts with Tu ), using only Object Builder ( not for the faint of heart ).

Everyone is invited!

http://bringatrailer.com/2015/01/12/soviet-aerosledge-1978-tupolev-a-3-ground-effect-vehicle/ <-----It's gotta be. :D

It's very possible I'm just missing it, but I can't find the name of the M4 suppressor in the online wiki and I'm not seeing it the config viewer in-game. No joy on a thread search either, but maybe I'm not using the right terms. Any chance someone can tell me the 5.56 suppressor's object name?

It's very possible I'm just missing it, but I can't find the name of the M4 suppressor in the online wiki and I'm not seeing it the config viewer in-game. No joy on a thread search either, but maybe I'm not using the right terms. Any chance someone can tell me the 5.56 suppressor's object name?

The RHS M4 supressors haven't been released yet. But they are gonna be part of the next beta release :)

why won't u just increase armor value of the vest? Why you have to increase armor value of the units body?

My experience shooting from afar the Russians units with uniform + vest is also 5-6 shoots, but it can be just my experience (I'm also using AGM).

Anyway the idea of increasing only the armor values sounds a good solution. I'm glad you guys are considering it, as in any case I trust in your vision of the mod (otherwise I would not use it^^) but I hope our feedbacks can help making it grows :)

Use mk262 ammo and if you are playing single definitely use tpw fall.

The RHS M4 supressors haven't been released yet. But they are gonna be part of the next beta release :)

Huh. I could have sworn that I've fired a suppressor on one of your M4s. Also, your 0.3.5 change log mentions 5.56 suppressors. I must be taking crazy pills!

Seriously, though, I thought it had been released based off of this:

Well, crap. I wasn't in your beta program, but now I may have to make that happen.

Also, currently a US rifleman needs 4 shots to the chest to kill another US rifleman, but only 2 shots to the leg.

Huh. I could have sworn that I've fired a suppressor on one of your M4s. Also, your 0.3.5 change log mentions 5.56 suppressors. I must be taking crazy pills!

Seriously, though, I thought it had been released based off of this:

Well, crap. I wasn't in your beta program, but now I may have to make that happen.

Those are just the default 5.56 suppressors, they're still making the custom ones.

(Also I've just realised what the live stream vehicle is, so thank you very much you f*cking legends. :D)

Those are just the default 5.56 suppressors, they're still making the custom ones.

So what's the object name? Or is it a vanilla suppressor? That's what I haven't understood/figured out (will try when I can load up A3 tonight).