Is the AI still taking 3-5 shots to take down since the update?

I did a quick search of the thread but only came up with tank damage results. Apologies if it's been discussed.

Wait a darn second, you mean you guys don't have special software that imports freshly modeled, textured, and configured content into the game at the click of a button? ;)

Kenji is the Only one who still is able to work and create some great art with object builder.

The rest of us noobs are using 3ds Max.

The RHS is great, but I have a question, put a team on the map, 2D, but only the medic has backpack the other soldiers have not, how can I solve this?

The RHS is great, but I have a question, put a team on the map, 2D, but only the medic has backpack the other soldiers have not, how can I solve this?
this addbackpack "_x";

See the documentation for a list of backpacks available in the mod.

Or if you want to get fancy,

{if (backpack _x == "") then {_x addBackpack "backpackClassname";}} forEach units group this;

can be placed in the leader's init field. Saves doing it manually and means only units without backpacks will get them.

I'm afraid you are wrong. I've been working a bit with the armor values, basically "translating" them to absolute values so they can be displayed in the Virtual Arsenal.

Checking in the Arsenal you'll realize how RHS armor values are quite similar to the A3 ones.

In fact the Russian helmets had 1/3rd more armor than the A3 vanilla ones, so I had to reduce them to avoid an unreal unbalance with the US ones.

Have you tried shooting the units wearing the helmets and reading the damage they took? Anyway, I'm glad you'll be "translating" the values so they can be displayed in the Virtual Arsenal...

What does this mean?

Means they're no longer using a mathematical expression in the config values e.g. 0.7*10. They'd just use the number 7 instead in this instance (i.e the absolute value of 0.7*10).

Means they're no longer using a mathematical expression in the config values e.g. 0.7*10. They'd just use the number 7 instead in this instance (i.e the absolute value of 0.7*10).

So how it fixes the issue then? It won't fix the issue if instead of 0.7 * 10 you will put just 7.

I just wonder why this hitpoints values for infantry must differ from vanila?

So how it fixes the issue then? It won't fix the issue if instead of 0.7 * 10 you will put just 7.

What? Now you complain when we have even better values than vanilla content?

And it's differ for the same reasons why vehicles armor system differs from vanilla, because we think we can make something better than vanilla content. Simple as that!

We have also comparable protection levels for vests, for example RHS IOTV have armor = 15 while vanilla V_PlateCarrier2_rgr armor = 20.

RHS ACH helmet have armor = 2, vanilla ECH helmet have armor = 4.

So protection levels are comparable and note we try to recreate reality as much as it is possible.

Edited by Damian90

What? Now you complain when we have even better values than vanilla content?

And it's differ for the same reasons why vehicles armor system differs from vanilla, because we think we can make something better than vanilla content. Simple as that!

Dude, you just don't understand what you are talking about.

Ok, I don't understand...

Maybe someone else should try to explain? Because honestly, I don't have patience to do so.

Ok, I don't understand...

Maybe someone else should try to explain? Because honestly, I don't have patience to do so.

Yes, you don't understand. What so special about it? And honestly, i don't want any explanations from you personally.

Dude, you just don't understand what you are talking about.
Yes, you don't understand. What so special about it? And honestly, i don't want any explanations from you personally.

What is your Problem?

Vanilla Units use the Hitpoint System, we now use it, they have integer numbers, we now have integer numbers, they don't care about realism, we do.

Seriously, what do you want?!

Because if you don't stop complaining about arbitrary and unnecessary stuff, we can't help you (and won't).

What is your Problem?

Vanilla Units use the Hitpoint System, we now use it, they have integer numbers, we now have integer numbers, they don't care about realism, we do.

Seriously, what do you want?!

Because if you don't stop complaining about arbitrary and unnecessary stuff, we can't help you (and won't).

I want to understand why you mess-up vanilla parametrs of unit's body? Especially torso. It's not about float or integer. It's about that vanillas unit has his torso armor value at 2, while rhs unit has it at 7. It makes your units capable of taking more hits to the chest, befor they die. For example insted of 2 shots from upclose distance, you unit will be capable of taking 3-4 shots and so on. So i don't understand why instead of increasing or decreasing armor and pass through values of your gear(uniforms, helmets, vests), you change values of BODY of the unit. What's the point of doing this?

Have you tried shooting the units wearing the helmets and reading the damage they took? Anyway, I'm glad you'll be "translating" the values so they can be displayed in the Virtual Arsenal...

Yes I did. In any case it's quite mathematical. And our values were mainly quite close to the vanilla ones. In fact the main issue I saw was that the Russian helmets were way over-armored.

I'd ask you to please wait until the next beta release, and if by then you still see that issue send me a pm :)

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

I want to understand why you mess-up vanilla parametrs of unit's body? Especially torso. It's not about float or integer.

Hey Tachi.

Let me try to clarify the subject, we have our own damage/penetration system, focused on realism.

Our mod was never intended to be an extension of the vanilla but a total modification. So quite a total different experience. :)

Hey Tachi.

Let me try to clarify the subject, we have our own damage/penetration system, focused on realism.

Our mod was never intended to be an extension of the vanilla but a total modification.

I understand that. I know that you have your own penetration system for armored vehicles.

But looking into configs, i couldn't find anything special about infantry damage system, only this modified hitpoints values, any other damage values on bullets dont differ from vanilla alot, same around 9 damage for 5.56 and 11 for 762, mostly everything the same. Only thing that differs is higher armor value for torso of the body (7 instead of 2), and i'm not talking about vest or uniforms, i'm talking about physical part of the body. This makes your units capable of taking more damage dealt to the torso, not because they have a body armor that protects it, but just because their flesh is more armored, this doesn't feel right.

Info to read: https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1664

The armor value gets added to the armor value of the uniforms HitBody hitpoint. It's the value that defines how much damage the body part can absorb before dying.

This change was necessary to prevent soldiers from always dying after 2 shots in the chest (they now fall unconscious instead).

The passThrough value is a multiplicator of the recieved damage. A lower value means less damage taken. This being 0.5 (in vanilla) is the main reason for those super durable soldiers in A3 (A2 soldiers had 0.75 while A3 vanilla have 0.75 from the uniform times 0.5 from the vest = 0.375 !)

So basically when your units wears armored vest, armor of the units body sums up with the armor value of the vest. So if you have your units armor at 7 + 25 armor from the vest, it makes his armor = 32.

Edited by Tachi

We've been using the KA-52 in our GU and it's great apart from the weapon sites for the gunner. It's go an extremely restricted field of view. Does the real one not pivot in its ball shaped casing to squire targets in a wider arc?

The FLIR is a little underpowered too. If it was more powerful like the Raven Q11 mod FLIR it would be much better for acquiring targets at range (4k).

We've found it too restrictive and had to switch to the CSAT gunship until either a Mi-28 appears or an alternative sight is available.

This makes your units capable of taking more damage dealt to the torso, not because they have a body armor that protects it, but just because their flesh is more armored, this doesn't feel right.

First just point out that we really appreciate your personal opinion. :)

But we chose to set that values as what we understood was the most realistic approach to body impacts. If in the future we see that it's not accurate enough for our taste we'll tweak the values. But for now we are comfortable with them.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ka-52 should be considered WIP, I think some changes must be done as current game model represents prototype not series variant.

Hey guys, I encountered a script error coming from RHS recently. Here it is: http://i.imgur.com/gz1N5GC.jpg

So taking a look at the code I can see that the issue is when neither attachment is found by the find command, so _i = -1 (which isn't a valid array index). So you just need to wrap the while statement in an if (_i >= 0) then {};

First just point out that we really appreciate your personal opinion. :)

But we chose to set that values as what we understood was the most realistic approach to body impacts. if in the future we see that it's not accurate enough for our test we'll tweak the values. But for now we are comfortable with them.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok, but it's kinda a strange approach :D You just make you life more complicated in unnecessary way. Instead of changing armor values of the gear, you change the armor values of the torso, but whatever, it's your mod, and you can do whatever you want with it, but because of this it will be less compatible with any other mod out there, or even vanilla game.

Ka-52 should be considered WIP, I think some changes must be done as current game model represents prototype not series variant.

The gun and dumb rockets should both be pilot controlled I think also.

Funnily enough if it was a KA50 and the FLIR was better that would be fine with the narrow field of view. Telling the pilot to move here and there is silly but a single seater recce heli would suit this method.

A revised KA-52 would be a massive 'game changer' for our GU as its primarily attack heli based for the foreseeable future.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work it's appreciated.

The gun and dumb rockets should both be pilot controlled I think also.

Funnily enough if it was a KA50 and the FLIR was better that would be fine with the narrow field of view. Telling the pilot to move here and there is silly but a single seater recce heli would suit this method.

A revised KA-52 would be a massive 'game changer' for our GU as its primarily attack heli based for the foreseeable future.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work it's appreciated.

Yes we plan to look in to it, I think in the past we had discussion about practicality of Ka-52 and what can be changed, however we can't promise eventuall improvements and changes will be implemented in to 0.4 version.