If I may intervene here: The config does not differentiate between armor = "20"; and armor = "4*5";

Both have an equal value, which is 20. So whatever you put in there, as long as the result of the equation is a number, should technically work as if you use integer numbers only.

I think the issue was more that the Arsenal does not recognise the "4*5" value and so the bar does not show correctly in the 'Statistics' window in the bottom right. The armour value is still valid, just the issue with the Arsenal that was being raised (and people mistakenly thinking it suggested that the vests/helmets affected provided no protection).

Edited by Jackal326

Can someone tell me what happened to the previous versions Tactical Sunglasses? They were awesome and don't see them since months...

Everyone is welcome to join us in our Twitch, today Mr. Gurdy is giving a masterclass on how to model a M240B from scratch.

We will also answer questions about the mod, and even about the real weapon ( thanks to the USMC expert Andeusmc / Wilco ).

Edited by MistyRonin

I'm also available to answer any questions about the 240B that anyone has as I have used it extensively.

Everyone is welcome to join us in our Twitch, today Mr. Gurdy is giving a masterclass on how to model a M240B from scratch.

We will also answer questions about the mod, and even about the real weapon ( thanks to the USMC expert Andeusmc / Wilco ).

Watching quietly while tapping away at work!

And thanks for broadcasting guys - as someone who's been playing around in the modelling waters for a few months, it's good to see how to do things right :)

A bomber,a russsian bomber.Youve opened up more avenues for me in ARMA.Before this mod,i was never a tankist,now,not only do i tank,i just sit there as commander while the AI do the fun stuff,and marvel at the virtual machine im turned out in.Cant wait for version 4.will need some aviation goggles ;)

ON/OFF topic,does arma3 have air raid siren sounds?I dont recall.

Improved: Added bipod functionality to PKP (Ctrl+C)

on my pc its ctrl+g and is screwing with my throw and cycle throw

no other mods running

fixed it nvm the bipod and folding stock is bound off the counter measure mode under weapons in key binds... took awhile but i found it

Edited by Swiftv

I think the issue was more that the Arsenal does not recognise the "4*5" value and so the bar does not show correctly in the 'Statistics' window in the bottom right. The armour value is still valid, just the issue with the Arsenal that was being raised (and people mistakenly thinking it suggested that the vests/helmets affected provided no protection).

The values in question aren't of that magnitude. Bugged helmets comes from using old tutorials regarding how make them, and have values of around "5*0.5" (best case scenario = 2.5), while the BIS' platecarrier vest have a value of 100, and most helmets have 20. RHS can, of course, choose lower levels of protection, and rebalance everything, if they consider the BIS ones an error in judgment, but right now they're using those values because they based their work on old documentation of BIS' values for armor property. That's all I was saying.

Outstanding work you guys! By far one of the best mods i've played since the ofp days.

The values in question aren't of that magnitude. Bugged helmets comes from using old tutorials regarding how make them, and have values of around "5*0.5" (best case scenario = 2.5), while the BIS' platecarrier vest have a value of 100, and most helmets have 20. RHS can, of course, choose lower levels of protection, and rebalance everything, if they consider the BIS ones an error in judgment, but right now they're using those values because they based their work on old documentation of BIS' values for armor property. That's all I was saying.

Our armour can't dispel bullets of that magnitude!

Its a trap!

Umm because we are making a mod about contemporary realistic warfare and the vanilla content is science fiction maybe? Does a WW2 mod need to make sure that the vests and helmets they make fits with vanilla content or their own custom models? Our mod gives you custom scratch built unit models, what should be our main concern? Fitting our own content together or to fit it on CSAT spacesuits? I'm sorry if it sounds bad but I thought the answer is obvious.

Furthermore, do you know how hard it is to weigh equipment for binirized ODOLs (its pretty hard to do it even for completely new models)?

As for damage system/penetration if we feel like we can make a better system then why not? There are many servers out there that run the mod in RU vs US and have no problems having fun. Thats what we envisioned and thats what we will strive to achieve.

I am sort of following this thread but just to be clear a question for the DEVs:

If we are using RHS should we not be mixing with BIS equipment at all? We have been using RHS for the modern equipment but still sometimes running missions up against BIS units or sometimes using a very minor number of BIS equipment and such.

I'm afraid you are wrong. I've been working a bit with the armor values, basically "translating" them to absolute values so they can be displayed in the Virtual Arsenal.

Checking in the Arsenal you'll realize how RHS armor values are quite similar to the A3 ones.

In fact the Russian helmets had 1/3rd more armor than the A3 vanilla ones, so I had to reduce them to avoid an unreal unbalance with the US ones.

I'm afraid you are wrong. I've been working a bit with the armor values, basically "translating" them to absolute values so they can be displayed in the Virtual Arsenal.

Checking in the Arsenal you'll realize how RHS armor values are quite similar to the A3 ones.

In fact the Russian helmets had 1/3rd more armor than the A3 vanilla ones, so I had to reduce them to avoid an unreal unbalance with the US ones.

But armor values does not show up in the arsenal?

But armor values does not show up in the arsenal?

In our internal dev branch they do ;)

They are probably gonna be publicly available when we release the next public beta update.

Hey everyone!

Once more we would like to invite you to our twitch channel, tonight our amazing artist Kenji is gonna show the details of the new upgrades of the T-80 and a surprise vehicle that he's gonna start from scratch.

And be advised, he doesn't use 3D Max nor Maya, he goes all hardcore with BI Object Builder!!!

Not for the faint of heart!

:yay:

Edited by MistyRonin

he goes all hardcore with BI Object Builder!!!

Respect!

Should be a good one.

Hey everyone!

Once more we would like to invite you to our twitch channel, tonight our amazing artist Kenji is gonna show the details of the new upgrades of the T-80 and a surprise vehicle that he's gonna start from scratch.

And be advised, he doesn't use 3D Max nor Maya, he goes all hardcore with BI Object Builder!!!

Pretty sure that's a cry for help if I've ever seen one

I seem to be always missing this livestreams, is it possible to start recording them and upload to youtube or facebook? So people that can't watch the livestream can always watch later

Hey everyone!

No comment :)

Wait a darn second, you mean you guys don't have special software that imports freshly modeled, textured, and configured content into the game at the click of a button? ;)

In all seriousness, I think these Twitch streams you guys are doing are awesome. Those unfamiliar with content creation get a front row seat to see exactly what all is involved. Keep it up!

Hey everyone!

Sorry suprise will be tomorrow ^_^