You may want to visit our Facebook Malcom. There it may be easier to keep track our our last WIP images. :)

Very much appreciated !!! 8D

Now I really can't wait for updates :P

Vests definitely do provide protection, or else a chest shot would be a 1 shot kill with any weapon (since the base damage of basically all weapons is high enough to 1-shot anyone to the chest if he has 0 armor on his body armor).

Vests definitely do provide protection, or else a chest shot would be a 1 shot kill with any weapon (since the base damage of basically all weapons is high enough to 1-shot anyone to the chest if he has 0 armor on his body armor).

RHS vests show correct protection levels in Arsenal. Helmets show zero protection and that's what you get in game. It's a shame really. It doesn't seem true that Arsenal is not showing the right values, I made some test with some vests that claimed it was "just Arsenal", and the damage taken was the same as not using them at all, so something else is going on here. Many mods show zero protection in vests and helmets in Arsenal, and some people declare it's only Arsenal not showing the right values, but tests indicate Arsenal seems right.

RHS vests show correct protection levels in Arsenal. Helmets show zero protection and that's what you get in game. It's a shame really. It doesn't seem true that Arsenal is not showing the right values, I made some test with some vests that claimed it was "just Arsenal", and the damage taken was the same as not using them at all, so something else is going on here. Many mods show zero protection in vests and helmets in Arsenal, and some people declare it's only Arsenal not showing the right values, but tests indicate Arsenal seems right.

arsenal shows values of armor based on the config of the item. For example for a chest rig with its config and armor =250; will have the armor bar moved forward other wise it will show nothing. so if RHS assigned the armor=# in config then it should show correctly in arsenal if it wasn't assigned then that would explain why it shows nothing in arsenal and thus explaining why you get killed easily wearing RHS chest gear

arsenal shows values of armor based on the config of the item. For example for a chest rig with its config and armor =250; will have the armor bar moved forward other wise it will show nothing. so if RHS assigned the armor=# in config then it should show correctly in arsenal if it wasn't assigned then that would explain why it shows nothing in arsenal and thus explaining why you get killed easily wearing RHS chest gear

OK, I've been looking through some configs of helmets and vests from various mods and tutorials. They all fall into one of two categories: the ones that uses something like "armor = 3*0.5", and ones that uses something like "armor = 20", or "armor = 100". It seems to me that, somewhere along the line, BIS changed something, and the tutorials got outdated. I don't think the problem is minor. Arsenal is showing the right entry (armor under ItemInfo), and mod makers using the old system are producing helmets and vest with no protection as a result.

BI is currently using "armor = 20;" (20 being an average vest IIRC)

The other example you used are from much older versions. BI replaced all of them I think in the vanilla content.

Maybe Arsenal is unable to use the old method, and thus show 0 armor on stuff that has armor, but uses the old method. I tried some of these vests yesterday, and they do actually give protection.

I'm getting protection out of these things but they all say zero armor in Arsenal.

Realistic A3 armor is more than just those config values, fire geo lod plays a huge role. An author can even go as far as designating the actual plate(and inturn realistic plate thickness) from the actual vest. If desired you could simulate different vest accs like a radio, etc. This method is the best for simulating realistic body armor in my opinion. My only real complaint would be that projectile penetration is determined by bullet velocity, when it should be bullet weight.

Realistic A3 armor is more than just those config values, fire geo lod plays a huge role. An author can even go as far as designating the actual plate(and inturn realistic plate thickness) from the actual vest. If desired you could simulate different vest accs like a radio, etc. This method is the best for simulating realistic body armor in my opinion. My only real complaint would be that projectile penetration is determined by bullet velocity, when it should be bullet weight.

It's hard to say which single factor should be the most influential. For instance shooting AR500 steel targets at 100 yards, I've found that a .223 seems to do more damage to it than a .308 despite the much greater energy and bullet weight. I've also shot a steel spinner target designed for centerfire pistol with a .40 S&W and it hardly does any more than knock the paint off with FMJ bullets, while my little .17HMR rifle will put craters in it with polymer tip hollow points that only weigh 17gr.

I tried using the fire geo lod for vests once. It did not work.

By the way, are you saying that a projectile should be able to penetrate anything, even if it's barely moving, as long as it has considerable mass? No, penetration is much more complicated. Yes, mass is part of the equation, but it's not the only variable that has to considered. You have to consider kinetic energy, and the hardness of both the projectile and the material it is hitting. Kinetic energy is where mass comes in. In newtonian physics it is according to the following formula:

11e6fc84bb2641d36b09c5a6359f7c08.png

You can see in the formula that there's a v squared. That is velocity. You just said velocity does not matter, but Mr. Isaac Newton proved you wrong.

After a few testing, I can confirm RHS helmets have less protection of other ones I have tried.

I tested it on AI and sometimes AI survived 2 shots on the helmet from the same distance. Using RHS helmets is a clear headshot 10 out of 10. I would tell the same of the vests (compared to others which can take also 5 shots before the killing one), but they have to be different, right ? Also as carrying capacity, some variants should be more capable of others. Or so I remember I have read on a changelog...

Is there way to get jsrs to replace the sounds for the weapons?

Whats intended on being included with the 4.0 update?

Do we need to use the 5.56 damage modifier mod with this?

Thanks! Love the mod!

as always, if you found an issue, put it down in writting at http://feedback.rhsmods.org/

The helmets have a bug, 'cos they're using old config methods to define armor values, and you're not concerned enough to make an entry yourself. I can go on without using Escalation, but I bet you're one of it's users, and yet you're not concern wearing helmets that put you in a big disadvantage compared with vanilla. Your apathy confuses me.

The helmets have a bug, 'cos they're using old config methods to define armor values, and you're not concerned enough to make an entry yourself. I can go on without using Escalation, but I bet you're one of it's users, and yet you're not concern wearing helmets that put you in a big disadvantage compared with vanilla. Your apathy confuses me.

Mr seba, we are concerned of course. But the problem is not as large as you prescribe. The helmets have values, maybe in the old format, but they still do. Secondly, vanilla content is of no concern to us. The mod is meant to be played AFRF vs USAF, vanilla futurama is not in the picture. Our armor also uses a different system for penetration so it is incompatible. And thirdly Pufu is right in pointing you to the feedback tracker. Devs look there for things they need to fix. So the fastest and most efficient way is to write something there. We simply cannot keep an eye on all resources and scour through threads just to see if all raised issues have been dealt with, hence the reason for a public issue tracker. Obviously this issue concerns you greately...why not take the 5 minutes to file a bug report?

...Secondly, vanilla content is of no concern to us...

That stance is very apparent. Hence why there is NO compatibility between your NVGs and default helmets (they don't align so the NVGs float), or your uniforms and default vests (huge clipping), or your vests and default uniforms (clipping 9000). Its not my place to complain, after all you guys released and are maintaining the mod for free, however, I can still question the thought processes behind making it so standalone and not maintaining some form of compatibility with default content.

That stance is very apparent. Hence why there is NO compatibility between your NVGs and default helmets (they don't align so the NVGs float), or your uniforms and default vests (huge clipping), or your vests and default uniforms (clipping 9000). Its not my place to complain, after all you guys released and are maintaining the mod for free, however, I can still question the thought processes behind making it so standalone and not maintaining some form of compatibility with default content.

Umm because we are making a mod about contemporary realistic warfare and the vanilla content is science fiction maybe? Does a WW2 mod need to make sure that the vests and helmets they make fits with vanilla content or their own custom models? Our mod gives you custom scratch built unit models, what should be our main concern? Fitting our own content together or to fit it on CSAT spacesuits? I'm sorry if it sounds bad but I thought the answer is obvious.

Furthermore, do you know how hard it is to weigh equipment for binirized ODOLs (its pretty hard to do it even for completely new models)?

As for damage system/penetration if we feel like we can make a better system then why not? There are many servers out there that run the mod in RU vs US and have no problems having fun. Thats what we envisioned and thats what we will strive to achieve.

Hey Guys i got one question

Doesnt work the AGM FCS with the M2A3 together ?

All AGM FCS have been turned off for our vehicles because they will all get a brand new realistic FCS. Bradley is still one of those few that have not received its special FCS yet.

Hey Guys i got one question

Doesnt work the AGM FCS with the M2A3 together ?

It does work with bradley. Just be sure you manuelly zeroed to 100m first. By default the main gun is zeroed to 600m. Otherwise you overshoot.

on the insurgents T-72 with the flag (which is cool btw) is there a way to change the flag texture? just want to do it for a picture

Edited by Rages123

on the insurgents T-72 with the flag (which is cool btw) is there a way to change the flag texture? just want to do it for a picture

use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/attachedObjects to get flag, that is attached to object and then use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFlagTexture to change texture on that object

Umm because we are making a mod about contemporary realistic warfare and the vanilla content is science fiction maybe? Does a WW2 mod need to make sure that the vests and helmets they make fits with vanilla content or their own custom models? Our mod gives you custom scratch built unit models, what should be our main concern? Fitting our own content together or to fit it on CSAT spacesuits? I'm sorry if it sounds bad but I thought the answer is obvious.

I understand that particular stance with the Russian equipment you are portraying (in relation to the CSAT Bug Equipment), but a lot of the US/NATO gear portrayed in the game, is very similar to current era stuff i.e. the Ops-Core FAST helmets, many of the vests etc. So I can't understand why this consideration wasn't made when making your custom NVGs for example.

Furthermore, do you know how hard it is to weigh equipment for binirized ODOLs (its pretty hard to do it even for completely new models)?

Yes I do, and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy :D

The helmets have values, maybe in the old format, but they still do.

If I may intervene here: The config does not differentiate between armor = "20"; and armor = "4*5";

Both have an equal value, which is 20. So whatever you put in there, as long as the result of the equation is a number, should technically work as if you use integer numbers only.

Edited by RedPhoenix

One question, how to disable Extended Armor on a server to prevent the tank from being indestructible?