Thanks for reporting.

Please keep in mind that beta content will be imperfect and the armor system is going to get a complete overhaul. :)

Edit: Damn misty you beat me to it. ;)

If someone else has already said it best and you can't top it, "steal" from them:

Indeed so, i'm not complaining, it's perfectly usable, i'm just reporting it for that future fix ;)

I think the BMP-3's armour might be too low.

I was testing it against Bradleys, and usually it lost unless it got lucky as within a few rounds the crew would jump out and the BMP3(A) would explode.

I then tested vs the BMD-4M, they are similar and so while I am no expert, they should have similar armour levels, considering both are the most advanced model of each one (BMD and BMP)

I then placed them on an airfield and got a BMP-2 and just fired at the front armour with the BMP-2's 30mm, the results:

BMP-3 less than 40 rounds will explode, BMD-4M will not explode even after firing 340 rounds at it it will not take any serious damage.

So, either the 4M is really over armoured or the BMP-3 is underarmoured, but IDK.

Take a note that M2 Bradley 25mm M242 fires M919 APFSDS round with DU penetrator, and this thing despite tiny calliber, at least in theory, will make a swiss cheese from most WWII heavy tanks, some sources provide informations that M919 can penetrate ~100mm RHA at ~3000m, tough our M919 in the mod actually have lower penetration capabilities, around 85-90mm.

While 2A42 and 2A72 30mm cannons mounted on BMP's and BMD's use preatty obsolete ammunition with very low penetration capabilities, 3UBR6 APCBC can penetrate around 50mm at 1200m and 3UBR8 APDS can penetrate around 60 at 1800m.

In general automatic cannons of Russian BMD's and BMP's are suffering because of lack of modern APFSDS ammo.

Take a note that M2 Bradley 25mm M242 fires M919 APFSDS round with DU penetrator, and this thing despite tiny calliber, at least in theory, will make a swiss cheese from most WWII heavy tanks, some sources provide informations that M919 can penetrate ~100mm RHA at ~3000m, tough our M919 in the mod actually have lower penetration capabilities, around 85-90mm.

While 2A42 and 2A72 30mm cannons mounted on BMP's and BMD's use preatty obsolete ammunition with very low penetration capabilities, 3UBR6 APCBC can penetrate around 50mm at 1200m and 3UBR8 APDS can penetrate around 60 at 1800m.

In general automatic cannons of Russian BMD's and BMP's are suffering because of lack of modern APFSDS ammo.

Yeah, that's why I tested with a BMP-2, just in case it wasn't just the Bradleys cannon being better meaning that it kills the BMP-3 if it missed but it seemed to not be so :P

But I must admit the interior is very nice, and the firepower it has sure does make up for any flaw in its armour.

Some feedback on the beta:

1) Shotgun kills 3 men with a single shot at a distance of 50 m. Is this an intended behavior? I always thought shotguns have lower spread. Moreover, it's unlikely that even heavy shot used in military shotguns can penetrate IOTW so easily.

2) Looks like ballistic vests protection level is quite low for now, IOTW can only sustain 3 M855A1 or 2 7N10 hits at 50m. You might also take a look at 7N10 penetration.

Edited by woore

1) Shotgun kills 3 men with a single shot at a distance of 50 m. Is this an intended behavior? I always thought shotguns have lower spread. Moreover, it's unlikely that even heavy shot used in military shotguns can penetrate IOTW so easily.

The "Pump-Action Pogo Stick" is still WIP, but thanks for the heads up. ;)

Some feedback on the beta:

Indeed so, i'm not complaining, it's perfectly usable, i'm just reporting it for that future fix ;)

Well, let me give some clarification. Inside the beta you have different items in different stages of development.

Specifically the FMTVs, HEMTTs, BMP-3 and shotguns are in a really early stage, so almost nothing in them is definitive. Have that in mind when reporting new bugs, please :)

And, just to make it clear, we really do appreciate your constructive feedback!

You just have to check our public feedback tracker to see all the big amount of issues solved thanks to all of you.

The "Pump-Action Pogo Stick" is still WIP, but thanks for the heads up. ;)

I love that image! :thumbsup:

Edited by MistyRonin

In 0.3.5 and in beta, when acting as gunner of US IFV with coax MG, I see strange "misfiring" shots heading off in many directions when shooting MG using thermal optics. The image below is shooting MG of M1A2SEPv1, for example. I am shooting at crosshair (obviously), but you can see one shot appearing to go off to right. I don't think that the shot is actually going there, it is just a graphical error of some kind, possibly related to the thermal optics.

2d4434383000378.jpg

In 0.3.5 and in beta, when acting as gunner of US IFV with coax MG, I see strange "misfiring" shots heading off in many directions when shooting MG using thermal optics. The image below is shooting MG of M1A2SEPv1, for example. I am shooting at crosshair (obviously), but you can see one shot appearing to go off to right. I don't think that the shot is actually going there, it is just a graphical error of some kind, possibly related to the thermal optics.

What you're seeing is sparks from the muzzle flash, not tracers. :p

new%20logo_smaller.png

Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop by and announce that we are in dire need of a member who has tons of experience with weighting characters and gear within the ArmA engine. We don't have any member specializing in this area at the moment, so we are seeking someone who really loves doing character work that would help us go back and improve the weights of what we already have, as well as weight and inject brand new models into the mod. If you are interested, or know someone who might be, feel free to message either me or Soul_Assassin about how you can help out. Thanks, and I hope the use of bold wasn't super obnoxious. :D

"Mom........i don't think we're playing Call of Duty anymore":pistols:

Well, let me give some clarification. Inside the beta you have different items in different stages of development.

Specifically the FMTVs, HEMTTs, BMP-3 and shotguns are in a really early stage, so almost nothing in them is definitive. Have that in mind when reporting new bugs, please :)

And, just to make it clear, we really do appreciate your constructive feedback!

You just have to check our public feedback tracker to see all the big amount of issues solved thanks to all of you.

Thanks for the answer. You have a great public relations policy I can tell you!

Do you have any plans for a modern Russian SPAAG like 2К22М1 or maybe 96К6? Any chance to see them in 0.4?

Wish all the best to you team!

Who said they were tracers? :p I thought they looked like graphical glitches if anything, but now I see that they are indeed sparks. In external view, the sparks look cool when shooting at night - looks like a particle effect. Vanilla A3 IFV also show "sparks," but they are much, much more subdued and of shorter duration, so I barely noticed them before. I just saw these sparks when shooting the coax MG on a BMP-2 also. Seems to me the effect could be toned down a bit in RHS, as it is in such contrast to muzzle flashes in vanilla A3, but it's no biggie.

we are in dire need of a member who has tons of experience with weighting characters and gear within the ArmA engine.

Does the 3DS Max "Skin Wrap" modifier mentioned in the BIS character modding tutorial not work very well at auto-matching the stock BIS character weights?

I've never tried it myself. I was curious if you guys had tried that method and found it lacking. Not that I have a copy of Max to try it with in the first place. :D

first of all sorry to everyone if this question was already asked.

my question is :

I'm using mission editor.

I placed BM-21 GRAD. I named my unit grad and in trigger used

grad doArtilleryFire [getmarkerpos "arty_target", "RHS_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets", 40];

and used trigger for this

unitname doArtilleryFire [getmarkerpos "markername", "ammoclassname", numberofrounds];

I did everything correct it worked on 2s9 SOCHOR

but when I tried to use grad I placed "RHS_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets" in "ammoclassname"

I found a video on youtube "Arma 3 editor: triggered artillery" {cant add link I've made this account today} and followed this guy's instructions. worked everything great but when I tried on grad it did nothing.

Does the 3DS Max "Skin Wrap" modifier mentioned in the BIS character modding tutorial not work very well at auto-matching the stock BIS character weights?

I've never tried it myself. I was curious if you guys had tried that method and found it lacking. Not that I have a copy of Max to try it with in the first place. :D

We have tried it, in fact the pilot and US infantry models were rigged this way. One problem is that bis gave as template a naked dude model which is substantially thinner then a dressed dude model thus causing unnecessary vertex warping at times which needs to be fixed by hand.

The russian guys we have were weighed in O2 a while ago so have substantially different "weighing pattern" so to speak so its very hard to match it.

Who said they were tracers? :p I thought they looked like graphical glitches if anything, but now I see that they are indeed sparks. In external view, the sparks look cool when shooting at night - looks like a particle effect. Vanilla A3 IFV also show "sparks," but they are much, much more subdued and of shorter duration, so I barely noticed them before. I just saw these sparks when shooting the coax MG on a BMP-2 also. Seems to me the effect could be toned down a bit in RHS, as it is in such contrast to muzzle flashes in vanilla A3, but it's no biggie.

It's because it's more realistic, the original Arma 3 ones should be changed :P

first of all sorry to everyone if this question was already asked.

my question is :

I'm using mission editor.

I placed BM-21 GRAD. I named my unit grad and in trigger used

grad doArtilleryFire [getmarkerpos "arty_target", "RHS_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets", 40];

and used trigger for this

unitname doArtilleryFire [getmarkerpos "markername", "ammoclassname", numberofrounds];

I did everything correct it worked on 2s9 SOCHOR

but when I tried to use grad I placed "RHS_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets" in "ammoclassname"

I found a video on youtube "Arma 3 editor: triggered artillery" {cant add link I've made this account today} and followed this guy's instructions. worked everything great but when I tried on grad it did nothing.

doArtilleryFire can be pretty buggy, I've never managed to get it to work reliably.

I really am looking forward to updates with this mod, i have just recently started looking into all of the toys you have. My question is why is the M2 Bradley Zeroing so limited, you can only range to 1,000M out. The M2 is capable of accurate fire up to 2,500M out pending ammo type. That is cutting 1,500M off the effective range.

Can the zeroing to such range be added? i understand you can use the targeting system but if you cannot see the enemy or cannot get a target on him it would be nice to have the manual ability to range to the spec's of what it is capable of. Other than that so far its really nice.

I do get Sound issues for infantry guns on occasion not being able to hear them and cannot figure that out. Is there a compatibility issue with this and any JSRS versions (2.2, or Dragonfyre?)

Thanks again!

I have an intresting question - is it possible to hide (or destroy) helicopter's main rotor blades (blades of Mi-24 to be precise)? I tired setHit["main_rotor_blades", 1] but it only jams them blades themself stay intact.

thanks a lot for the answer.

but this script worked for regular 2s9 SOCHOR unit :\

can someone tell me what is wrong with this?

Im a fan of MLRS's I'd love to see BM30 smerch too...

but right now I want to use my grad BARRAGE not a few rockets flying

geotrooper try this ;)

Grad1 doArtilleryFire [getmarkerpos "potato", "", 40];

- - -

I have an intresting question - is it possible to hide (or destroy) helicopter's main rotor blades (blades of Mi-24 to be precise)? I tired setHit["main_rotor_blades", 1] but it only jams them blades themself stay intact.

Unfortunately not now AFAIK, but it's something we have on our to-do list, so at some point in the future it will probably be solved.

- - -

I do get Sound issues for infantry guns on occasion not being able to hear them and cannot figure that out. Is there a compatibility issue with this and any JSRS versions (2.2, or Dragonfyre?)

We'll look into the M2 Bradley range issues and the sound problems seems to be a BI thingy, as it happens randomly with any mod:

Multiplayer - No Weapon Sounds

Arma 3 Sound Missing in Multiplayer

Edited by MistyRonin

As for M2 Bradley, it still should be consiered as WIP in terms of FCS, it does not have even proper optics models yet.

Right now for the sound issue i can hear m4s when on full auto but not on semi thats how it was with alot of guns semi dont work but full auto would. Just like to say Thanks for the awesome mod! and keep up the great work!