Too bad. It really feels like a weak implementation. Gotta go and unbind those buttons then.

If you feel that way we are sorry but we do not rely on things like CBA key bindings as this mod is independent of it. I'm pretty sure all of us at RHS have our key bindings for RHS mod ;)

For the love of god please someone give us good weapon grips on the rifles/carbines. Why am I gripping a full size M16 around the mag well? Put the hand out on the handguards please! The current animation/pose is downright broken when you lower your weapon. Drives me nuts that such lovely weapons aren't being handled reasonably! :) Most of the vanilla NATO rifles are properly handled so the data is there, it'd be nice to see that applied/conformed to the RHS weapons, if only because so much other stuff in the mod is so good :)

Is there any chance we'll see at least a basic inclusion of the Marine Corps? Just getting a MARPAT version of your awesome helmets would be nice. I know it's not quite the right helmet but it's a hell of a nice looking helmet with the cover and everything. We already have most of the basic gear needed and with a USMC vest/uniform mod you have everything needed for a good time.

Oh, I didn't know this thread turned into a wishlist, theeen I want a M1A2 Sep V2 TUSKII with interior please. What!?, you need time to spent with your family and friends, you have a life. How dare you!?

Come on people give the guys a moment to breathe. They are already doing a fantastic job fixing the game. With every release they bring new toys to the table. Just remember that They are people too and they have life and responsibilities and modding takes lots of time.

Hehe

Well some people are spoilt brats, they complain when they get free things all the time :p

I'm going to complain now why those people are not losing hundreds or thousands of man hours making anything free for myself or anyone who makes free mods :p

Armchair managers :p

Oh, I didn't know this thread turned into a wishlist, theeen I want a M1A2 Sep V2 TUSKII with interior please. What!?, you need time to spent with your family and friends, you have a life. How dare you!?

Come on people give the guys a moment to breathe. They are already doing a fantastic job fixing the game. With every release they bring new toys to the table. Just remember that They are people too and they have life and responsibilities and modding takes lots of time.

55544427.jpg

For the love of god please someone give us good weapon grips on the rifles/carbines. Why am I gripping a full size M16 around the mag well? Put the hand out on the handguards please! The current animation/pose is downright broken when you lower your weapon. Drives me nuts that such lovely weapons aren't being handled reasonably! :) Most of the vanilla NATO rifles are properly handled so the data is there, it'd be nice to see that applied/conformed to the RHS weapons, if only because so much other stuff in the mod is so good :)

Is there any chance we'll see at least a basic inclusion of the Marine Corps? Just getting a MARPAT version of your awesome helmets would be nice. I know it's not quite the right helmet but it's a hell of a nice looking helmet with the cover and everything. We already have most of the basic gear needed and with a USMC vest/uniform mod you have everything needed for a good time.

Hey Mordean, send over those M16 animations and ill put them ingame...

Hey guys thanks for your awesome mod, if my Capture mission is now the most popular of the week is thanks to your mod as the vanilla version of it got much fewer votes : )

I think people are asking a lot because this mod put hype on people, it's damn awesome like a brand new game really

Edited by HaZZarD

Why am I gripping a full size M16 around the mag well? Put the hand out on the handguards please! The current animation/pose is downright broken when you lower your weapon.

That's funny, because I asked a couple weeks ago one of our advisers who is in the USMC ( you know, the only part of the US Armed Forces that still uses the M16 widely ) and he told me that a good amount of Marines also hold the weapon that way. Maybe the real Corps should also change their "animations"? :j:

You definitely don't read our thread much, well... Have you met Cunico? :p

Edited by MistyRonin

If you feel that way we are sorry but we do not rely on things like CBA key bindings as this mod is independent of it. I'm pretty sure all of us at RHS have our key bindings for RHS mod ;)

If you want to remain independent of it why wont you come up with your own keybinding system then or rip it off from CBA since it is open for you to use if you license your work under GPL (Or do you want to avoid that?)

It really is a bad idea to piggyback on the vanilla buttons since users have to go to your website and read the notes posted under AK-74M to realize that there is a function that enables you to fold your rifle and that it is piggybacking your change countermeasures mode key which is in no way relevant to your weapon handling.

About M16 holding - yes they teach soldiers to hold the magwell ,but that's because when you don't have a vert grip or doing precise shooting

as you can see here >

Edited by RobertHammer

If you want to remain independent of it why wont you come up with your own keybinding system then or rip it off from CBA since it is open for you to use if you license your work under GPL (Or do you want to avoid that?)

It really is a bad idea to piggyback on the vanilla buttons since users have to go to your website and read the notes posted under AK-74M to realize that there is a function that enables you to fold your rifle and that it is piggybacking your change countermeasures mode key which is in no way relevant to your weapon handling.

We read your petition, we commented and even answered it as you requested ( even if you did a bit harshly ). I think the matter is already solved. No point on dwell any longer here.

NOTE: I really like your broad use of the verb piggyback.

That's funny, because I asked a couple weeks ago one of our advisers who is in the USMC ( you know, the only part of the US Armed Forces that still uses the M16 widely ) and he told me that a good amount of Marines also hold the weapon that way. Maybe the real Corps should also change their "animations"? :j:
About M16 holding - yes they teach soldiers to hold the magwell ,but that's because when you don't have a vert grip or doing precise shooting

as you can see here >

You have to admit, holding the mag-well when you have an angled fore-grip on there (i.e. one of the M4 models), does seem kind of silly. Why even have the angled fore-grip only to not use it?

Holding a weapon varies between the person firing it.

I personally used a magwell grip on my M4, while some guys use the grippod/broomsticks, and some go with nothing.

This is what I used. http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_175235_1.jpg

As for holding the magazine well? It's fine. The only instance where this isn't a good thing is if you're putting pressure on the magazine, that could cause a possible magazine related feed issue (Though highly unlikely).

I've used a stubbed version of a broom stick for awhile and still caught myself grabbing the magazine well, it's habit.

Holding a weapon varies between the person firing it.

I personally used a magwell grip on my M4, while some guys use the grippod/broomsticks, and some go with nothing.

This is what I used. http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_175235_1.jpg

As for holding the magazine well? It's fine. The only instance where this isn't a good thing is if you're putting pressure on the magazine, that could cause a possible magazine related feed issue (Though highly unlikely).

I've used a stubbed version of a broom stick for awhile and still caught myself grabbing the magazine well, it's habit.

Indeed, I fully understand, its each to their own thing. However, the point I was trying to make was that some weapons (in my example above, the M4) have angled fore-grip attachments, yet the hold animation is still the "holding the magazine-well" animation. I was wondering if this was simply a coding oversight that someone forgot to change the animation of.

Indeed, I fully understand, its each to their own thing. However, the point I was trying to make was that some weapons (in my example above, the M4) have angled fore-grip attachments, yet the hold animation is still the "holding the magazine-well" animation. I was wondering if this was simply a coding oversight that someone forgot to change the animation of.

nope this was more of a "we didnt have the right animations ready" at the time. Its already fixed internally.

First of all, thank you for your amazing work. You guys are doing an outstanding job and this mod, as far as content goes, is a game changer for ARMA 3. You've helped to breathe new life into this game for me, keeping me locked into singleplayer missions and sandbox scenarios that I would've never given a care in the world about without RHS.

Secondly, I have a tad bit of a nit-picky request: Is there any way you guys can get the full mod on PW6 and not just the individual Russian and US factions? All in Arma Standalone is on PW6 at a whopping 15+ GB so I can't see why not unless it's just too much of a bother for you guys. The reason why I ask is for two reasons a) this would make everyone's mod collection much tidier and easy to manage and maintain and b) I've found that (please don't think I'm insane) when you have over 80 addons in a PW6 collection, things stop working. I'm not trying to say that I want the full version on PW6 so I can play with 80 mods -all- the time but I mean I've literally found that 81 mods, 82 mods, etc. will make things stop working in PW6 with an assortment of different collections.

I mostly want this for point a. I've downloaded the complete mod separately but I've just become too used to having things automatically updated for me with play withSix and my past days of modding in other games such as WoW with Curse. I'll admit it, I'm lazy.

P.S. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to properly document everything on your website with RHS's wiki. I can't tell you how many times that's been a life-saver for me and you guys really took the time to put in some details too that add to the immersion and learning experience. I really appreciate your work and I'm looking forward to seeing what you have for us next, even if it's only to maintain current content. You have my sincerest gratitude.

dblack850 thank you for your message.

On your request about a full version of the mod in PW6, AFAIK it's a PW6 decision, so I'm afraid we have no word on this.

dblack850 thank you for your message.

On your request about a full version of the mod in PW6, AFAIK it's a PW6 decision, so I'm afraid we have no word on this.

Thank you for your timely response and know that your guy's concept is so great that you had my MANW vote before I even tried the mod. Just seeing the amount of content and dedication was enough. I appreciate it.

We read your petition, we commented and even answered it as you requested ( even if you did a bit harshly ). I think the matter is already solved. No point on dwell any longer here.

He is absolutely correct, and multiple users in this thread have echoed his request. You guys don't seem very friendly to your community.

He is absolutely correct, and multiple users in this thread have echoed his request. You guys don't seem very friendly to your community.

If only you saw what goes on internally. Your opinion would change dramatically.

Considering RHS has been around since OFP:R (I've only joined the team just recently), they've again and again answered the community and proven themselves. Though you may see it as being "unfriendly", they are attempting to pick out who is really wanting change, and who is REALLY wanting change. All mod teams go through it, so excuse them for being a bit picky on what gets taken seriously and what gets pushed to the side.

Have you PM'd someone personally from RHS? Have they? Or have they merely posted in a thread that continues to grow by double digit posts on a daily basis?

If you want your voice to be heard, make it heard, PM an RHS developer if you're serious about what you want seen.

Hell, PM me.

Edited by Wilco

If only you saw what goes on internally. Your opinion would change dramatically.

Well then get someone else to represent you in your thread. Posts like this:

Are plain out rude, and not helpful to anyone.

Well then get someone else to represent you in your thread. Posts like this:

Are plain out rude, and not helpful to anyone.

Then send a developer a PM if you have a clear and concise idea/problem you want to see fixed. As I said, there are people (Like yourself, if I were to be a fool to judge simply off of posts) that most major addon developers don't take seriously UNLESS they have a clear, well voiced problem and possible plan on fixing it.

Feel free to PM me, I'll do what I can to let the team know. I'm one of the less busy guys around RHS.

Look Kieranator, we the RHS team members are just a bunch of people than in our free time instead of watching TV, being with our families or play football we work on this mod so everyone can have fun with it.

This mod has existed for a lot of years, with people working on it for thousands of hours, and all of that for free. Just because we enjoy with what we do.

We basically have no obligation with anyone. Our choice is to be open to everyone's thoughts as long as they are expressed politely, but again, we have no obligation to listen not to answer to anyone but ourselves.

I'm really sorry if you feel ignored or that our answers are rude, but as I told you, it's not our job, we don't get paid for it, we do it for fun so we choose what we want to do and how.