tsk tsk, who hasn't read the thread yet?

Hint: A*m*h*l*c

Enjoy, it's a work of aart :)

Sorry for OT but I tried google, interesting:

A * m * h * l * c =

1.98644568 × 10-28 m7 kg A / s2

Sorry for OT but I tried google, interesting:

A * m * h * l * c =

1.98644568 × 10-28 m7 kg A / s2

Hmm, didn't know that, nor do I understand it - I'll get my coat.

But wait - I didn't have an "=" in my post. Bah! (or should that be "baa"?)

As soon as I've got one of these I'm coming for your coat:smiley-evil:

I really hope that will fix the problem with 7.62 NATO. It turns out the imbalance with him and unrealistic ... :p

Hi guys :)

I heard this mod offers some Horus Reticle, is it true? what type of Horus Reticle is it? I'm a big fan of Horus Reticle coz it's the best Miliradian BDC reticle ever made :)

Can anybody show me some in-game pictures of it? if it looks good, i wanna run this mod. And does it work well with Advanced Ballistics?

Playing Advanced Ballistics with Horus Reticle is gonna be one hell of an awesome long range precision shooting experience! :D

Here you go, how it looks at both zoom levels. The reticle is scaled spot on as far as I can tell, so using it with Advanced Ballistics is a real treat (can only speak for 1680x1050 16:10 aspect ratio). You'll want to head over to the ASDG JR thread to get the latest config files so you can use the scope on many other rifles.

http://i.imgur.com/MwTz9JT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VeLNXAQ.jpg

Is there something I should be seeing in that image?

Yea, a sight picture that wanders all over the place. Unless someone has a degenerative disease effecting motor skills, shouldering a weapon and acquiring a good cheek weld should keep your sight picture pretty consistent.

There is also the depth of field bug. Though not applicable to those who play with it off, I'm sure more would play with it around the default value if it didn't blur 3D optic reticles to hell.

Is there something I should be seeing in that image?
Yep, the awful vanilla sway - the scope is almost in the lower left corner of the screen. As someone pointed out it's very unlikely for scope to wander around screen like this because when aiming down the gun is firmly secured between shoulder and arm.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Oops, I'm late. :)

I need to ask (because I spent a good half hour thinking about asking this) is it possible for you guys to change either the SL or TL's M4 so they don't have a PMAG to have a little bit more diversity?

Yeah, they have some issues, sure. Is this a valid reason to go back to old ass, bad looking, standards ?

The mod quality is pristine everywhere else.

Anyway, if it's such a hot topic, do the same thing as RobertHammer with his ACOG : release a 2D version, and a 3D version. Problem solved.

Is there any future plans to introduce the SPCS light vest, for U.S. infantry?

DSC_0152.jpg

Yeah, they have some issues, sure. Is this a valid reason to go back to old ass, bad looking, standards ?

The mod quality is pristine everywhere else.

Anyway, if it's such a hot topic, do the same thing as RobertHammer with his ACOG : release a 2D version, and a 3D version. Problem solved.

I really like the RobertHammer 3D ACOG.

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:38 ----------

Can you please add an M4A1 with a Carryhandle to this mod?

hi guys love your works...i wanted to ask if in a future new versions of hummvee will be added. if im not wrong till now there are just few types of those ...no antimine version or protected hitrole etc...if you could do it with the awsome visive precision that escalation offers it would be awsome:)

Two things.

1. Sway has nothing to do with the scope being 2d or 3d

2. If you aren't a casual you play with aiming deadzone on so you can manually aim your gun all over the screen without rotating your character anyway

3. Your "reticle" isn't moving. Your gun has inertia.

Surprise surprise. Arma isn't like COD where everything is perfect 100% of the time.

Two things.

2. If you aren't a casual you play with aiming deadzone on so you can manually aim your gun all over the screen without rotating your character anyway

Surprise surprise. Arma isn't like COD where everything is perfect 100% of the time.

So, you see something more difficult to deal with in Arma and you automatically assume it's because Arma is the pinnacle of realism so it must be correct? Tsk tsk...

We are talking about how the rifle, and subsequently the sight picture as well when using a 3d optic moves all over the screen as a result of sway not being correctly implemented for 3d optics. It doesn't have the same effect in 2D because there is an always centered 2D reticle, so the sway appears as it should, with a consistent sight picture. Should it be 100% perfect? No, of course not as there will always be some variation of eye relief no matter how good the shooter is, but if you know how to correctly shoulder a weapon and aquire a solid cheek weld, it's pretty damn stable.

Are you really trying to say that it's correct, that a rifle should move all over the place in relationship to your line of sight when you shoulder it?

This is getting a bit off topic, but as it relates to this mod, the 2D optics are just fine, especially since the implementation of 3D optics is poor at the moment.

Edited by DGeorge85

Two things.

If you took the time to notice...

1. My character was not moving.

2. Zero fatigue.

3. If you aren't a casual, you play with aiming deadzone and a Trackir.

old ass, bad looking, standards ?

That's a matter of taste.

Frankly, I would much rather have something that functions properly and realistically over something that is pretty to look at and not much else.

Edited by Ballistic09

If I may be "that guy who asks for things without doing them myself"... do you RHS fellows have any plans to create different versions of the Ops-Core helmets? No problem if you don't, was just wondering that to myself.

Functionally, 3D scopes in ArmA are still horribad. They do not take into consideration cheekweld nor is the presentation of the sight picture around and through the optic correct.

A well executed 3D scope system would in theory be superior in many ways, but what ArmA 3 has at the moment is anything but well executed. On the other hand, we have what is a close to perfect execution of a 2D scope with Tao's Modular Realism which really should be the community standard.

Frankly, until a well performing PIP solution is to be had; 3D scopes lack the simulation required to be worth considering IMO.

Found a weird bug. The commander position of T72B3 can only be entered twice between two server restarts.

Also, can you recommend a TvT Multiplayer game mode that doesn't include AI or include minimum numbers of AI?