Funny, I have heard AK-12 failed initial tests as much as a year ago. Accepting both sounds like another rumor to me.

They re-entered it in a refined form as apparently (according to Kalashnikov concern) the rumour it was out the competition was made up. That and the first link has been in at least two sources and comes from the guy in charge of choosing the next rifle so it probably could be quite trustworthy

They re-entered it in a refined form as apparently (according to Kalashnikov concern) the rumour it was out the competition was made up. That and the first link has been in at least two sources and comes from the guy in charge of choosing the next rifle so it probably could be quite trustworthy

Russian MoD just continues good old tradition of completely ignoring any economic and logistical issues and purchasing several types of the same weapon system class with similiar tactical and technical characteristics but completely different logistical chains and production costs. Look at T-64, T-72 and T-80 tanks pattern, same story.

Russian MoD just continues good old tradition of completely ignoring any economic and logistical issues and purchasing several types of the same weapon system class with similiar tactical and technical characteristics but completely different logistical chains and production costs. Look at T-64, T-72 and T-80 tanks pattern, same story.

Well to be fair, their not 'adopted' yet just being bought in small numbers for testing groups in front line service before choosing the actual winner off soldier recommendations.

Just for my own benefit what is the scope of this mod once it is completed ?

With this initial release I have noticed there is quite a few cold war era vehicles all faithfully recreated and simply awesome imo.

Will this be the case with the US vehicles also will we get a slew of cold war era American vehicles and weapon systems and if so how would napalm look I don't believe arma 3 has fire physics or effects.

Too lazy to search the post, but I think it is confirmed that there will be more modern vehicles for both the russians and the american factions in the mod in future updates,

With keycheck and newest serverkey and newest bisign files i get: Wrong signature for file XX\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@RHS\addons\rhs_s_radio.pbo

what did i wrong? I only get this message, nothing more.

I tried the serverkey fix but didnt change. Rhsmods.org is down?

* edit * i didnt change anything? now it worked.

Edited by Numrollen

With this initial release I have noticed there is quite a few cold war era vehicles all faithfully recreated and simply awesome imo.

I'm curious, which "Cold War era vehicles" from the mod aren't still in service?

Really love the underbarrel grenade launchers in this pack. The sight is accurate, and there are lots of different variety of grenades! Especially the thermobaric grenade for the AK, it actually kills unlike those crappy vanilla grenades:eek:

I wonder is it possible for the M320 to also get some thermobaric grenade:cool:

I have two questions for the RHS team. One will you guys be adding more APCs like the stryker to the US side? Two I've noticed that the US squad leader and team leader have M320s, they don't actually have them in real life, so will you remove them for some more realism?

Has anyone had any luck using AGM fastroping with the UH-60s in this mod? Or does anyone know how to do it?

Obviously they're not configured in AGM by default, so I'm wondering if anyone toyed around with it and made it work.

I wonder is it possible for the M320 to also get some thermobaric grenade

If US Army do not use such granades for M320's, then nope, there won't be any.

One will you guys be adding more APCs like the stryker to the US side?

At some point, probably yes.

Two I've noticed that the US squad leader and team leader have M320s, they don't actually have them in real life, so will you remove them for some more realism?

Hmmm, will need to check US Army infantry squads sturcture and weapons, to see if we didn't made mistake.

Hmmm, will need to check US Army infantry squads sturcture and weapons, to see if we didn't made mistake.

In the US Army the squad leaders and team leaders don't usually have a grenade launcher in the rifle, unlike the USMC where usually the team leaders have.

In the same way that US Army units don't usually use ACOG sights ( only a few, and in the rest only specific roles ), again unlike the USMC.

If US Army do not use such granades for M320's, then nope, there won't be any.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/m1060.htm

Don't confuse USMC squad with Army's. Marine team leaders act as grenadiers, while the typical Army's rifle fireteam has a grenadier instead of SAW assistant.

Hell, who needs these paltry underbarrel grenade spitters? Guys, please, add old good M79 for expert badass devastators. With tiger-stripes painting. And, of course, flechette or buckshot rounds.

Hell, who needs these paltry underbarrel grenade spitters? Guys, please, add old good M79 for expert badass devastators. With tiger-stripes painting. And, of course, flechette or buckshot rounds.

I think they are better of adding the M72 law, as that is still in use to do roughly a similar job

A lot of Army units still are using the M203s as well. They are getting phased out for the new HK ones but still quite a lot in service.

LOOL the wait for 0.3.5 is killing me hahahaha now i know what cartman felt like waiting for the Wii :p ... screw my bandwidth im gona go with 0.3.0 i doubt there are enough bugs to annoy me lol

Thanks, then we will need to change some things and add some things. ;)

So thanks for responding with an answer which I hope is the same as mine (remove the M320s.) Will we see the change in 0.3.5?

I'm curious, which "Cold War era vehicles" from the mod aren't still in service?

When I say cold war era I mean vehicles produced during the cold war. Alot of the in game vehicles would fit into this correct ? I mean the non upgraded ones such as btr-60s.