From my knowledge, they use the beret mostly during ceremonies, parades and show's of force, stuff like that. But honestly, they just look a whole lot more high speed while wearing that, so I "witheld" realism there. Not saying that they don't look high speed without it, just that the Marine Corp and Army looks more high speed

What I would like to see is the preset units have more variety in the helmets they wear, RHS has a ton of helmet variants and yet most of the units only wear a few, maybe a randomization script (if possible) could allow for random helmets to be used so we can see more of those "high speed" 6B28's with ESS or Balaclava versions rather than the same old camo covered only version

Quick question, I downloaded AFRF about a week ago,and I noticed that the VDV doesnt have the "Ультрамариновый набок берет", that is the iconic blue beret they wear. Just wondering if its planned. And yes I am such pain in the back for the sake of details, and I am sorry for that.

Those berets will be added in the future, maybe when we get around to adding in far superior other (black) berets :p

Those berets will be added in the future, maybe when we get around to adding in far superior other (black) berets :p

Marines I hear!?

All I am saying is, when there is more requirement for a beret model, we can be sure that it will be looked at.

In the meantime everyone has all the glorious 0.3.1 features to look forward to.

In the meantime everyone has all the glorious 0.3.1 features to look forward to.

Where can I find a summary of those features?

EDIT: checked on FB and there's talk about 0.3.5 (a teaser) not 0.3.1?

Edited by strelnikoff

Sorry, 0.3.5 yes is the next planned release.

AFAIK there isnt a summary, you will just have to see if you can figure some of it out!

:)

Where can I find a summary of those features?

From a few pages ago:

I feel like I need to expand a little. It would be a little hard to call the 0.3.5 release a "hotfix" as we have actually tweaked every archive so everything was repacked and thus the download will the the full mod again.

As Misty said, biggest priority was to fix bugs and tweak settings introduced in 0.3.0 so there will be not much in the way of new things. There will be one or 2 weapons, some scopes for both sides, a new tank modification. There are some texture retouches, like the Tigr interior. What we are most excited about is of course new sounds and animations as shown on the previous page by Lax.

Thanks for such quick replies to you both, stagler and Ronin! :)

Sorry, 0.3.5 yes is the next planned release.

AFAIK there isnt a summary, you will just have to see if you can figure some of it out!

:)

From the video? I'll try. :)

Got a question though (haven't watched the teaser yet - it IS almost an hour long): there aren't any "heavy" sniper rifles and other non-SVD systems right now, which are sorely missed. Russians have MANY different sniper rifles, like SV-98, KSVK, OSV-96, VKS / VSSK Vychlop, Lobaev SVL, MTs-116M, ORSIS T-5000...

Are any of these planned for future releases (not talking just about 0.3.5)?

-

Another question (yes, I know, sorry): the long braking distances/somewhat weak brakes of vehicles (like the humvee) are these intentional? Does the AGM mod interfere with the settings? Or is it a bug? I appreciate these are cars at least twice as heavy as normal everday vehicles, but normally brake systems are adjusted to that. Like scooter brakes vs Fireblade brakes. :D

Edited by strelnikoff

Hello, i would like to suggest adding compatibility to the new AGM's Fast Rope feature to your helos in the future (maybe Arma 3 lifting ropes feature too)

Thanks for such an amazing mod.

As we said previously at this moment compatibility with other mods is not granted, we are focusing mainly in fixing our mod and adding new content ( as today RHS only grants full compatibility with ALIVE, Task Force Radio and the Zeus DLC ).

Specifically seems that AGM breaks and modifies most of RHS features, so I would suggest not to use them together.

Edited by MistyRonin

Specifically seems that AGM breaks and modifies most of RHS features, so I would suggest not to use them together.

This is not an option.those 2 mods are 100% needed

I've used AGM with RHS and for the most part it's worked without any major problems. But I have disabled some of the AGM features but it works well enough that the issues aren't clearly a problem for gameplay. For the most part I believe the AGM team is working towards making compatibility patch for RHS.

Weve tested fastroping and it works with rhs uh60s already. We use agm alongside rhs and cse. These are the pbos we run http://m.imgur.com/JPFM9U7 and nothing interferes with rhs. Agm comes shipped with alot of features, half of which arent really needed such as ballistics, realistic names, tank fire modes etc

half of which arent really needed such as ballistics, realistic names, tank fire modes etc

blasphemy.they are needed for a real milsim unit

they are needed for a real milsim unit
Not only for milsim unit, for any group which doesn't want to play yet another generic arcadish shooter with large maps. :D

Besides, it seems that lastest version of AGM doesn't conflicts with RHS FCS and Bradley main gun.

I'm sure these are known issues but in this video some RHS helis wheels dont make contact with ground when switching to advanced flight model in-game and MI-24s that are placed by zeus loose fuel on start up.

Some other helis might also lose fuel on start up because when i was placing reinforcement troops in a mi-8 with MCC the heli would just fall to ground with no fuel. I hope I don't seem like a nag if this has been mentioned there a lot of post and i dont go through them all, Also did anyone look into the collision LOD on vehicles so large vehicles don't fit where they shouldn't and small vehicles can squeeze into fun places?

Is this mod also being done with PVP element in mind? I did play coop a lot, not saying it wasnt fun, but the more i played coop the more i yearned for pvp. Considering ARMA was always a military simulator, it is confusing me how people dont seem to care how they would do against actual people in a real milsim operation . (no insult meant towards coop players). I did play coop for a long time, since 2001, arma bots were almost always too predictable and easy (sometimes unpredictable but in a very unrealistic immersion breaking way). King of the Hill servers don't count as thats just plain chaos , tactical battlefield guys tried something but almost no one plays it anymore, plus they don't allow great mods like yours for some reason, only vanilla.

Edited by milosv123344

Is this mod also being done with PVP element in mind?

It's a sandbox, we try to cover all the gaming possibilities ( well, not FArma ), you can create missions that you feel better SP/MP/Coop using the assets of this mod.

Well, if you use RHS you won't need realistic names pbo. I'm using RHS to not use A3 stuff, so he's right

hey guys...just wondering when the new version is coming out....cuzz i wanna download this mod BUT im very limited on bandwidth which means i cant go off downloading the 0.3.0 version then go and download the whole thing again ..unless your putting

out the next version just as an update to be applied which i doubt will happen...so...when should we expect the next version?

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

P.S could u possibly add technicals...offroads armed with things like SPG9 , KPV-2/1 (like those in libya) and stuff like that ...would be nice to recreate rebel forces with that kinda gear

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season. We have a bit of a treat for you guys--RedPheonix has been hard at work on new grenade models for the US forces. Enjoy the M84 stun grenade, the AN-M14 TH3 incendiary grenade, and the M7A3 CS riot control grenade.

usgrenadess.jpg

Nice, but how are you planning to recreate Incendiary grenade functionality?