@jerminhu: On a linux server, you have to rename all mod files and folders to lowercase. Unlike Windows, Linux is case-sensitive.

Hi,

The DTAS RHS event went great, and we'll have another one next week, same time same place.

However, many players couldn't join because they didn't have the hotfix for the signatures. Make sure you update always keep your mods up to date through Play withSIX to avoid such issues in the future!

Events can be found in this Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arma3pvpcommunity/events

I've been having a great time with this mod, I really love the variety. I hope you guys win the MANW contest. Speaking of which, I feel like I should ask (although I'm sure I don't need to) just in case considering how much is at stake: did you guys re-submit your work correctly in the official MANW drop box (since RHS: Escalation was on the missing entry list)? The cutoff is by the end of today IIRC.

And I'm just curious, did you resubmit the original version or an updated version with some of the improvements/additions you've been working on since the first release, as the deadline extension allowed for and encouraged? I think doing so could potentially really make the difference in terms of judging and securing the win. Even if not I think you guys may still be the frontrunners anyways, or at least among the top few for sure. Best of luck. :)

Also I hope weapon/reload animations get as much love as you seem to be giving weapon sounds in the sound overhaul you're working on. Really just any proper reload animation for the AK-74M would make infantry combat even more immersive.

Also I hope weapon/reload animations get as much love as you seem to be giving weapon sounds in the sound overhaul you're working on. Really just any proper reload animation for the AK-74M would make infantry combat even more immersive.

Have you met Ted? I mean Toadie? :P

tumblr_inline_mm8huf9GRn1qz4rgp.jpg

Have you met Ted? I mean Toadie? :P

I'm familiar with his work, and I'm definitely a fan. I didn't realize he was a core member of your team, now that I do I am very happy. :)

Edit: Just saw the animations in the following post, they're awesome, and that PKP firing sound is perfect. I'm more than satisfied now!

Edited by Kakarotto

Oh, cmon, reloads and sounds, noone needs these.... ohfuckno!!!

We're taking the weapon and sounds thing very seriously, so here's some candy. :)

The animations were made by toadie, sounds are from myself.

I'll most likely do live recordings for the AR-15, so the sounds might get replaced. :)

Aaaand to to finish you off, here's some PKP shooting...

Congratulations, guys, this is truly one of the greatest mods for Arma 3! I've seen some CTI missions with this mod already, considering it's only 0.3!!

Could we request some content for 0.4?

- Stryker ICV M2/Mk19/TOW

- Armed HMMWVs (M2, Mk19)

- GAZ 233014 AGS30

- RPK-74

- M2010 ESR

- FMTV or HEMTT retexture

- Kh-29 missile, or maybe Su-39 (with Vikhr missiles)

P.S.: any plans for multirole planes like Su-34, Su-35, F-15E, F-16, MiG-29?

P.P.S: please, for the love of God, change 2xMaverick on A-10 to 6xMaverick on two triple-point mounts, like they're used IRL. BIS 4-GBU 2-Maverick loadout is just...ugh...you know

Edited by woore

Congratulations, guys, this is truly one of the greatest mods for Arma 3! I've seen some CTI missions with this mod already, considering it's only 0.3!!

- Stryker ICV M2/Mk19/TOW

- Armed HMMWVs (M2, Mk19)

- GAZ 233014 AGS30

- BRDM 2

- RPK-74

- M2010 ESR

- FMTV or HEMTT retexture

- Kh-29 missile, or maybe Su-39 (with Vikhr missiles)

P.S.: any plans for multirole planes like Su-34, Su-35, F-15E, F-16, MiG-29?

Be patient, I think with each update everyone will be pleased. ;)

However remember that team members must do a lot of hard work, and this is not only about modeling but also research, for example about vehicles engine performance, or it's armor, or what is each vehicle storage of weapons and supplies. This is a lot of work to do, especially that we all do it in our free time.

P.P.S: please, for the love of God, change 2xMaverick on A-10 to 6xMaverick on two triple-point mounts, like they're used IRL. BIS 4-GBU 2-Maverick loadout is just...ugh...you know

Just to correct you there, the 6 maverick load is rarely used in real life due to the ridiculous weight and drag of the triple launchers. They haven't flown that heavy regularly since desert storm (in OAF the standard load would be two sidewinders, two mavs, four mk-82s (or two CBU-87s) and possibly some rockets (7-shot pod)).

Just a heads-up, the next RHS release is gonna be the 0.3 hot-fix, called 0.35 ( mainly aimed to correct bugs from the MANW entry, and update it to the Helo DLC standards ). The 0.4 is gonna be released at some point next year ( it will take a good amount of months ).

One question: will the 0.3.5 hotfix also contain armed versions of the HMMWVs/GAZs/UAZs? Would really appreciate that...

One question: will the 0.3.5 hotfix also contain armed versions of the HMMWVs/GAZs/UAZs? Would really appreciate that...

Nope.

Damn, I really hoped for them... but am I right in assuming that they will be in 0.4? I can't imagine you leave them out...

I feel like I need to expand a little. It would be a little hard to call the 0.3.5 release a "hotfix" as we have actually tweaked every archive so everything was repacked and thus the download will the the full mod again.

As Misty said, biggest priority was to fix bugs and tweak settings introduced in 0.3.0 so there will be not much in the way of new things. There will be one or 2 weapons, some scopes for both sides, a new tank modification. There are some texture retouches, like the Tigr interior. What we are most excited about is of course new sounds and animations as shown on the previous page by Lax.

Great news Soul_Assassin! Really looking forward to it. And the new sounds and toadie's animations are outstanding, thank you for sharing LAxemann!

Damn, I really hoped for them... but am I right in assuming that they will be in 0.4? I can't imagine you leave them out...

Yeah, tehy should be. Gurdy said he has some free time soon, then he probably will do that.

There will be one or 2 weapons, some scopes for both sides, a new tank modification. There are some texture retouches, like the Tigr interior. What we are most excited about is of course new sounds and animations as shown on the previous page by Lax.

2 new weapons? Any chance of a confirmation of what they are? ;)

Just to correct you there, the 6 maverick load is rarely used in real life due to the ridiculous weight and drag of the triple launchers. They haven't flown that heavy regularly since desert storm (in OAF the standard load would be two sidewinders, two mavs, four mk-82s (or two CBU-87s) and possibly some rockets (7-shot pod)).

They really are? Ok, thanks, Jona, you got me a bit of new info!

Be patient, I think with each update everyone will be pleased. ;)

However remember that team members must do a lot of hard work, and this is not only about modeling but also research, for example about vehicles engine performance, or it's armor, or what is each vehicle storage of weapons and supplies. This is a lot of work to do, especially that we all do it in our free time.

I'm sure about that, guys, since it's you who work on this mod :) By the way, I have a 1/4 finished Russian radio protocol (Arma 3 standards, different protocols for combat, alert and stealth states, etc.), with my own voice. Quality is more or less appropriate, without echos. I cover the walls with something soft, use directed ray recording, noise supress, etc. Would that be useful for you mod? I can finish it then...

Does anyone have range tables for "2S3 Akatsiya"? I realy don't like to use artillery computer, but without range tables it is impossible to hit the target that is not in sight.

Please, can you make those range tables for artillery for next update. Please.

They really are? Ok, thanks, Jona, you got me a bit of new info!

Yeah, though the ideal would be a loadout selection screen as in a modern day Fulda Gap situation I suspect you'd see some fairly ridiculous loads (the heavy desert storm loads were six mavs + six mk 82s (or six Mk-20 cluster bombs which are now outdated), would be nice to choose between light and heavy loads.

I've got to say, I'm loving this mod. Normally I never bother with this kind of mod (where units are added) but jesus this stuff is good quality. It's literally incredible, but is there any chance of your "hotfix" (if you call that a hotfix, looks like a major update to me. :D) including some other patches on the US uniforms, only having cavalry ones slightly limits the backstory potential for OCD maniacs (like me).

It's literally incredible, but is there any chance of your "hotfix" (if you call that a hotfix, looks like a major update to me. :D) including some other patches on the US uniforms, only having cavalry ones slightly limits the backstory potential for OCD maniacs (like me).

Well there may be something on that front ( patches ) on a limited way. Tho I provided a good collection of US patches to some of the team members, so at some point in the future ( think next year ) you'll have a bit more variety :)

Any chance you guys will be including winter uniforms, like an Afghanka or something, in the future?

I know that the a-10 is just one component of this pack but is there any chance it can receive some attention. It is currently functional, however, it is lacking many features which would make it useful. Top of the list would be dual or triple rails instead of the current single rail per station that it currently has. Second, a selectable load out would be nice. Third, it blows up if you put it in using MCC. I know you are not trying to recreate Peral's work, however, spending a little time on this to get some more advanced features instead of the basic features that it currently has would be much appreciated and make the mod a little more well rounded.