RHS team

just been running tests for balance assessing.

It seems that 10times out of 10, a Russian squad will destroy an american squad,on equal terrain.

Even with the US squad leader having an ACOG,and thus US squad opening up first.

The end result is always a full russian squad,and a dead US squad.

I am running bcombat,but even disabled for testing.Terrain used is an airstip,so equal sighting etc.

Is this intentional,happening to others?

This is strange, however it might have something to do with weapons, currently in released version, US infantry have mostly M4 carbines with single + burst firing modes, we need to change this as US Army is rearming completely to M4A1 carbines with single + full auto firing modes.

However I will do my own tests.

----------------------------------------------

Well, during my single test so far, both sides lost only a single soldier, and were expeling ammo at ridiculous rate. :P

IMHO several things need to be done.

1) Replace M4 with M4A1 (at least for US troops in OCP).

2) Increase ammo for each individual soldier for both sides, this probably leads to point 3.

3) Increase ammo storage capacity for vests and such stuff.

Maybe accuracy for AI should also be increased, because two dead on both sides when squads are less than 100m from each other is a bit ridiculous.

Edited by Damian90

I'm pretty sure that adding customized versions for each user's needs is not in our plans.

If version with merged all factions of given side into one faction isn't planned (pity, this exotic subfactions config really makes some scripted things problematic), would be OK for RHS if someone else would do that via separate mod, assuming it's doable?

Edited by Rydygier

This is strange, however it might have something to do with weapons, currently in released version, US infantry have mostly M4 carbines with single + burst firing modes, we need to change this as US Army is rearming completely to M4A1 carbines with single + full auto firing modes.

However I will do my own tests.

----------------------------------------------

Well, during my single test so far, both sides lost only a single soldier, and were expeling ammo at ridiculous rate. :P

IMHO several things need to be done.

1) Replace M4 with M4A1 (at least for US troops in OCP).

2) Increase ammo for each individual soldier for both sides, this probably leads to point 3.

3) Increase ammo storage capacity for vests and such stuff.

Maybe accuracy for AI should also be increased, because two dead on both sides when squads are less than 100m from each other is a bit ridiculous.

I gave the russians AKMs from HLC also...What i found is that they absolutley destroyed US squad with pinpoint percision,even with an aiming skill of 0.15!

Changed back to default weapons,and what you said(nobody could hit anything happened)

When i increased AI skill,particularly accuracy,the russians as stated in first post,always beat US with no casualties.

Its been a looooong day tryna balance these sides,iv been equipping different weapons/scope(which untill now didnt realise) make a huge difference.

The ammo capacitiy is what got me started giving RHS different equipment...3 or 4 mags simply aint enough.

I hope something can be done,at the moment for balance,i need to double US numbers for a challenging scenario.Not the best way to do it

@redarmy - http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=11 probably related to this. Both squads goes down on flat terrain, US forces hits helmets & the rest is known - just guessing as that helmet issue is solved

Hmmm, I used our latest internal test version, and I have such results, which is strange, further investigations is probably needed.

Hmmm, I used our latest internal test version, and I have such results, which is strange, further investigations is probably needed.

NATO beat Russia so you know,with whitewash results on my end.Maybe thats to be expected.

Also the PKP machinegunner(actually maybe not RHS related) have further shot range than other units.

Could someone confirm(as i posted this elsewhere with not much reply) that the AIs shooting distance ability in Arma3,is limited to the zeroing of their weapon/scopes?

For example,a group of ai who have scopes that range no higher than 300m,are not able to engage(or spot) enemies 200m above that range(which would be 500m)

This is also a problem for RHS,as US easily spot russians,some 100-200 meters away first,resulting in Russians getting picked off without response,if not using something like bcombat.

In fact I detected a few things that may cause this redarmy.

For one side the Russian squad has a PKP ( machinegun ) in real life they would have instead a couple RPK ( automatic rifle, that BTW hasn't been added to the mod yet ), which have less punch.

On the other side the US automatic riflemen carry only 300 rounds when they should be carrying at least 900.

In Real Life firefights can take hours ( even the ones that are done at relatively close range if both sides are minimally trained ) and humans don't tend to have good accuracy under stress ( there's also some other psychological facts that affect the low casualty rates ).

In fact in my experience A3 AI are still quite "Terminators" ( tho not as much as in OFP ). They should have it decreased instead of increased.

Edited by MistyRonin

In fact I detected a few things that may cause this redarmy.

For one side the Russian squad has a PKP ( machinegun ) in real life they would have instead a couple RPK ( automatic rifle, that BTW hasn't been added to the mod yet ), which have less punch.

On the other side the US automatic riflemen carry only 300 rounds when they should be carrying at least 900.

In Real Life firefights can take hours ( even the ones that are done at relatively close range if both sides are minimally trained ) and humans don't tend to have good accuracy under stress ( there's also some other psychological facts that affect the low casualties ).

In fact in my experience A3 AI are still quite "Terminators". They should have it decreased instead of increased.

Im all for lower accuracy,longer engagments/further engagements.It helps alivieate the need to cram more AI in a scenario for a long flowing battle feel.

For a temporary fix,im gona test setting west aim accuracy,higher than east.

If version with merged all factions of given side into one faction isn't planned (pity, this exotic subfactions config really makes some scripted things problematic), would be OK for RHS if someone else would do that via separate mod, assuming it's doable?

I would be very interested by the RHS team answer (not because I am able to do this seperate mod but because I would really appreciate such a merging of infantry MSV + tanks TV + rockets RVA :pray: )

I would be very interested by the RHS team answer (not because I am able to do this seperate mod but because I would really appreciate such a merging of infantry MSV + tanks TV + rockets RVA :pray: )

( I need to write something first to post the quote )

I'm pretty sure that adding customized versions for each user's needs is NOT in our plans.

As I said before, for those of you who need a "compact" faction, you already have the VDV.

Imagine if the VDV has all kinds of stuff, that even has a promotional video singed by Alexander Buinov:

that's too bad and I really hope you reconsider that decision. with the way it's currently set up, the VDV will be the only faction I ever use or even see, and any other factions are essentially wasted space.

I don't see this as "for each user's needs", as it's an issue that affects all users of the mod.

RHS is the only mod I've ever seen that splits a country's forces into multiple factions. you can even look at the vanilla factions as an example. NATO, CSAT, etc. - they're all set up as one faction per side, and this makes them very easy to work with.

Edited by SSD

RHS' plans are one thing, that was stated clearly. But question stays, would RHS in such case at least allow the others, if willing and capable, to modify on their own RHS addon's faction config via separate addon (technically a mod of the RHS' mod).

Any chance we will see a M3 MAAWS anytime in the future, since they are slowly finding their way from SOF to the regular troops? :)

Is there a chance for any Aimpoint Micro's T-1? :rolleyes:

I noticed, while taxing the UH-60M a week ago, that to gain some speed, you need to apply a lot of front-cyclic. When I had a reasonable speed 20-25kph, my torque indicator were yellow/red. Didnt dig deep into the rotorlib xml's, but is there a way to reduce this "friction" or is it automaticly fixed, when the fuselage isnt sinked into the ground anymore?

Thank you. :yay:

I know for sure the US Army uses it. Capt Mike Durant talks about training on it in the book Company of Heroes

Just to be a smartass, Michael_J._Durant retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 4, not as a Captain. But a great book anyway. :p

As mentioned above, there is no AH-60 Designation in the US Army. There is a modified version of the MH-60L/M with the designation DAP (sometimes IDAP). M260/261 70mm Rocketpods, Hellfire Mounts, front mounted M134 and a M230 for good measure. But as stated, this is limited to SOF (160th SOAR (A) and way out of fucus for this great mod. It's great that they really focus on the regular troops.

Have a good one

Yeah, user made 3rd party config addons that dont modify our pbo's but have them as requirement are fine. They will not be supported at all however. Nor will we provide any extra help/support to the makers as we have a lot of work on our hands.

Re-sorting factions is not that hard to do - pretty elementary stuff by modding standards. So I don't think it should be overwhelming to anyone. It's like editing a few pages of XML file. In the case of merging the split factions it will be mostly copying and pasting.

I *love* ALiVE but the way it uses factions for Opcom is primitive and in need of improvement--I'm sure they will get to it at some point. I'd go so far as to say if you're serious about making ALiVE scenarios, you should probably be making custom factions for use in it anyway. Otherwise you can end up with some rather strange unit proportions being fielded by the Opcoms.

Edited by Olds

Olds... any chance of custom "OLD's_ALiVE_Configs" ? I for one would be interested in them.

:-)

Nothing imminent I'm afraid--I don't have the expertise in modern OOB's as my research area is the early 80's. But I guarantee I will be tackling this when it comes to Cold War factions because I love ALiVE's dynamic scenarios (it's Falcon 4.0 for Arma!). If ALiVE hasn't improved their faction-spawn system by then, I think there will need to be two kinds of factions (just as you implied serjames):

1. Normal factions for the benefit of standard mission editing: every vehicle group or squad gets a single unique entry.
  2. ALiVE custom factions: the entries will look strange, with duplicates, etc. to force ALiVE to spawn units in semi-realistic proportions

e.g. Let's say a typical frontline Soviet company contains:

• 2 ZSU's
  • 2 SA-9's
  • 30 tanks

then the Soviet faction "Armor" category can't very well consist of:

• 1 ZSU section (2 vehicles)
  • 1 SA-9 section (2 vehicles)
  • 1 tank platoon (3 vehicles)

because now ALiVE is going to be spawning a company sized armor unit consisting--on average--of 40 AA vehicles for every 30 tanks! Ridiculous!

The ALiVE faction would look strange and be irritating to use for standard mission editing because, say, the "Armor" category dropdown might look like this:

• 1 ZSU section (2 vehicles)
  • 1 SA-9 section (2 vehicles)
  • ... (lots more of those tank platoons)
  • 1 command section (3 vehicles)

(I'm just making the numbers up, this isn't a real OOB). But as you can see, I don't really think any standard faction is a particularly good fit for ALiVE's spawning system. This is why we may need to be thinking about custom factions for ALiVE regardless of the mod. Having RHS put all the sub-factions together isn't really the solution. (Sorry for the long response--hope it's not considered totally OT :))

Edited by Olds

He,

I read that part about AIS but as far as i know the development is dead or? Would like to know the status or get a pm from someone of RHS if it is true, cause some work in AIS is from me and i wasnt asked.

He,

I read that part about AIS but as far as i know the development is dead or? Would like to know the status or get a pm from someone of RHS if it is true, cause some work in AIS is from me and i wasnt asked.

No worries zelectec, what's being integrated is Bakerman's code with respect to RAM (ballistics and penetration stuff). PM me if you have any questions and I'll fill you in on any details you might need.

Is there a chance for any Aimpoint Micro's T-1? :rolleyes:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/534004035321597211/B68836E5FD452AEE0895FDCEE0A55DEB68C50AE0/1024x576.resizedimage (146 kB)

Yes, there is ;D... just activate Iansky scopes or RH M4s, there´s a Micro T-1 beautifully modelled, totally compactible with RHS M4/M4A1/M16A4/etcs just use virtual Arsenal or VAS and slap it to the upper rail =)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Yeah, user made 3rd party config addons that dont modify our pbo's but have them as requirement are fine. They will not be supported at all however. Nor will we provide any extra help/support to the makers as we have a lot of work on our hands.

Good news... and sorry Misty Ronin to have made you rewrite what we already knew but I think you did not totally see what was Rydygier question.

;2827981']http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/534004035321597211/B68836E5FD452AEE0895FDCEE0A55DEB68C50AE0/1024x576.resizedimage (146 kB)

Yes' date=' there is ;D... just activate Iansky scopes or RH M4s, there´s a Micro T-1 beautifully modelled, totally compactible with RHS M4/M4A1/M16A4/etcs just use virtual Arsenal or VAS and slap it to the upper rail =)[/quote']

Thanks. But it was nothing new to me that this was allready possible. FHQ Accessoires has a T-1 also. Same could be applied to any addon which is similiar than another allready released addon... Do we need new M4's with Rober Hammers and FHQ pack arround (and STI, Massis and another 1000 others)? No, not really, but its great that its included in the package anyway (And they are so beautifull pieces!).

Thanks anyway.

Another thing I did see by accident. The getin animation with the opening of the respective door for the humvee (which is great) does not allways show when other players enter the humvee. Not sure why exactly. Would be also great, if we could manually open the doors and hatches of the vehicles.

Have a good day.

Any chance we will see a M3 MAAWS anytime in the future, since they are slowly finding their way from SOF to the regular troops? :)

Agreed. Needs more Sweden!