Dear all,

it was brought to our attention recently that while rushing to get 0.3 out of the door we made a grievous and regrettable error. While looking for a solution to satisfy our armor needs we had a look all over and were convinced that an implementation done by the Real Armor Mod (RAM) and the Armor Improvement System (AIS) mod was the best solution. And while we built up the prototype and rushed to complete it for the October release we completely forgot to get in touch with them and ask for the necessary permissions. While we fully realise that such things happen, RHS has always tried to stand behind the values that this great community upholds, one of them being: do not take what is not yours without permission. Instead, we strive for open cooperation between mod makers and teams to build a game that we can all be proud of. In this case we failed and we would like to acknowledge and also publicly apologise to the great developers that were involved with the RAM and AIS mods.

But not all is that bad. The guys at RAM, despite this mishap, have generously agreed to work together further so we can all deliver a better armor system, one that will incorporate many different levels and features never before seen! We hope for a very fruitful cooperation and one from which all our great fans, and all realism junkies like us will be able to have a much better experience in the game.

Kind Regards,

Red Hammer Studios and Real Armor Mod teams

anyone else getting this error spammed in rpt files?

Error in expression <RHS_127x107mm_muzzle_flash>

Error position: <RHS_127x107mm_muzzle_flash>

Error Undefined variable in expression: rhs_127x107mm_muzzle_flash

That is great to hear! Just to clarify, do you intend to fix the fact that a single soldier can (and quiet effectively) can completely disable a BTR-80 with his little ole m4?

It is such an immersion killer to have this ARMORED personel carrier being engaged and disabled with 5.56. Both coop and especially PVP scenario. It also pisses me off that the vanillia vehicles aka the M-ATV Hunter "M" standing for MINE RESISTANT gets taken out by little ole footsoldier rifles also. Ridiculously gamey and ridiculously unrealistic. Ofc im not relating the M-ATV to RHS, but please consider the RHS assets with specific countermeasures to prevent 1 footsoldier to disable this armored vehicle.

APC's AFAIK didn't had fully implemented armor system in initial release, also consider that we spend more time on MBT's right now as their armor being more complex, will take more time to implement, APC's aren't really that fancy, tough indeed it is something we should take a look in to, I will discuss this later with Olds and Reyhard and perhaps we will find a suitable sollution, if it wasn't fixed allready in our test versions of the mod.

....necessary permissions...

Mistakes happen... all that matters is you've resolved it to the satisfaction of both parties. Perhaps the A3Life crew can take this as an example of how to behave :p

That will be solved in the next patch thanks to Reyhard's awesome work :)

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

As far as I know it's only used by Australia and Colombia. If you could provide us more info on the helicopter.

If you sure AH-60 is used by Australia maybe you cam talk with ADF team,the are on their way to bring some new vehicles to their ADF mod and I think they have a plan to make a AH-60 for ARMA3.

Dear all,

In this case we failed and we would like to acknowledge and also publicly apologise to the great developers that were involved with the RAM and AIS mods.

This is how grown up people behave(A3life debate would not exists if their devs behaved the same as you).Than you so much for what you did and for what will come in future

Hey guys I'd like to make a request.

Is there any chance of getting an AH-60 Blackhawk/Battle Hawk DAP(basically a Blackhawk Gunship)?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/ah-60l.htm

I wanna support you for getting an AH-60,it well be very useful in some specific satuation.I'm leading a special operate unit in Arma3 now and i wanna to have a helo like AH-60 which would provide both transport and fire support for my unit.

PS:I just noticed you are Jester814 from Youtube

If you sure AH-60 is used by Australia maybe you cam talk with ADF team,the are on their way to bring some new vehicles to their ADF mod and I think they have a plan to make a AH-60 for ARMA3.

What I meant is that all the information I could retrieve about the AH-60 points that is only used in Australia and Colombia ( these countries asked for a customized versions of the UH-60 ), so it wouldn't make much sense to add it in our mod, as RHS only covers the Russian Federation's and USA's Armed Forces.

What I meant is that all the information I could retrieve about the AH-60 points that is only used in Australia and Colombia ( these countries asked for a customized versions of the UH-60 ), so it wouldn't make much sense to add it in our mod, as RHS only covers the Russian Federation's and USA's Armed Forces.

I understand now.No matter what you will bring to ARMA3 I will always glad to see.This mod not only brings us a lot of new units and vehicles to us, but also brings a lot of possibility to Arma3,more and more mods could be made base on your works.

That will be solved in the next patch thanks to Reyhard's awesome work :)

Good to hear!

And i also forgot to mention it in my previous posts, will the difference in thickness on the part of the barrel of the m4s that is post the front sight be modelled on the future or will it stay as texturing only to save polys?

And nice move by RHS about the Real armour mod mishap.

MH-60L DAP (Direct Action Penetrator) variant is used by US Army 160th SOAR, amont other MH-60 variants. MH-60L is preatty much analog to AH-60.

There is also new variant MH-60M based on UH-60M, however I don't know if MH-60M will have it's DAP variant or will have capability to be reconfigured for such purpose.

anyone else getting this error spammed in rpt files?

Error in expression <RHS_127x107mm_muzzle_flash>

Error position: <RHS_127x107mm_muzzle_flash>

Error Undefined variable in expression: rhs_127x107mm_muzzle_flash

one more question - why are russians split into multiple factions? is there any way to merge them? it makes them either difficult or impossible to use for certain missions.

for example, hetman war stories requires 1 faction per side.

one more question - why are russians split into multiple factions? is there any way to merge them? it makes them either difficult or impossible to use for certain missions.

Each faction represents a different Russian Army branch.

If you choose to play with certain missions that require only one faction per side then use the VDV that has a bit of everything ( APCs, IFVs, Helicopters, etc. )

I must admit... I Love the authenticity... but the guy is onto something... having lots of sub factions does add a lot of complications. Especially for scripted or ALiVE style implimentations. I'm not sure how it could be done - perhaps another Generic "RHS_GOT_IT_ALL-GETSOME!" sub-faction with all units for those of us that just want to place 1 Opcom and 1 faction down in ALiVE :-)

e.g. have the Opcom decide who and what they bring in to fight. I know it could probably be done and run over the top.. but it could give people choice I guess ? (though not authentic I grant)

SJ

I'm not sure how it could be done - perhaps another Generic "RHS_GOT_IT_ALL-GETSOME!" sub-faction with all units for those of us that just want to place 1 Opcom and 1 faction down in ALiVE :-)

I'm pretty sure that adding customized versions for each user's needs is not in our plans.

As I said before, for those of you who need a "compact" faction, you already have the VDV.

Imagine if the VDV has all kind of stuff, that even has a promotional video singed by Alexander Buinov:

Especially for scripted or ALiVE style implementations.

This is pretty much exactly what I was getting at.

As far as I know it's only used by Australia and Colombia. If you could provide us more info on the helicopter.

I know for sure the US Army uses it. Capt Mike Durant talks about training on it in the book Company of Heroes

http://www.guncopter.com/mh-60-dap/

Thanks for the response :)

I know for sure the US Army uses it. Capt Mike Durant talks about training on it in the book Company of Heroes

Thanks for the response :)

But only the 160th SOAR.

Right now I think we should focus on the normal forces at first. There are still enough things to do ;)

But only the 160th SOAR.

Right now I think we should focus on the normal forces at first. There are still enough things to do ;)

Glad to see whatever you bring to Arma3,just let the units and vehicles bury me,lol.

Hey, wondering if anyone can help me, been "ctrl+f"ing the whole thread but sorry if this was actually mentioned and I missed it.

There's an issue with rotorlib and all Chinook and Blackhawk variants. When getting into the pilot seat the entire helicopter sinks into the ground past the bottom of the fuselage.

The same thing happens when taking the controls in the copilot seat. It also happens very slightly with the Apache but barely gets halfway up the wheels.

I'll provide screenshots later tonight.

Again, this is only an issue with These two RHS helicopters and no other mods or Arma 3 models.

I was fine dealing with this bug, but on some maps (Bornholm specifically) this causes the helicopter to explode instantly upon sinking.

I've had issues with the A-10 exploding but I don't think that sinks at all.

This issue does not occur with advanced flight model turned off.

I've made sure to verify files on steam and use only the RHS mods. I'm using the RHS mods from Play With Six by the way, I will try the Torrent later.

For some reason I'm the only one with this problem, other members in my clan have no issues with this happening.

Thanks

That the AH64, CH47 and UH-60 (and medevac version) sinking in, is a known issue and was allready acknowledged by RHS.

We had also the same issue with the A-10A from RHS. Best workarround until now, was to fire at the A10 before getting in, so the physics of the airplane kicks in and let it "settle" in.

Should prevent it from exploding. Same issue as the STI A-10... Hmm.

OT: There is a MH-60L/M DAP in the works somewhere... :rolleyes:

Regarding the LEA repository: Yes, I will do one, but I'm waiting for the next patch as it fixes a lot of errors, probably changes some classnames, maybe adds new content and I don't want to do it all over again.

Great to hear it.

I wanted to start but I'm lazy right now :)

That the AH64, CH47 and UH-60 (and medevac version) sinking in, is a known issue and was allready acknowledged by RHS.

We had also the same issue with the A-10A from RHS. Best workarround until now, was to fire at the A10 before getting in, so the physics of the airplane kicks in and let it "settle" in.

Should prevent it from exploding. Same issue as the STI A-10... Hmm.

OT: There is a MH-60L/M DAP in the works somewhere... :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot, good to know it's been noted, will be patient =)

The MH-60 DAP it's not the same as the AH-60, although they share some systems.

On the other hand what RedPhoenix said.

RHS team

just been running tests for balance assessing.

It seems that 10times out of 10, a Russian squad will destroy an american squad,on equal terrain.

Even with the US squad leader having an ACOG,and thus US squad opening up first.

The end result is always a full russian squad,and a dead US squad.

I am running bcombat,but even disabled for testing.Terrain used is an airstip,so equal sighting etc.

Is this intentional,happening to others?