Greetings, we were testing our community server to find out what cause desync problems to the point we disabled all the mods and were running RHS mods only,

it appears desync is indeed is caused by RHS magazines

to be more precise the errors with object not found, which cause mass rpt spam and end up in situation where one player can't hear the gunshots of another standing 1 meter away.

this error does transwer to all kind of weapons, not only RHS ones, including default a3 weapons, while RHS mods are enabled.

MASS RPT SPAM !!! here are examples of error entries we've got:

at first client have not found magazine and here goes an error

Error: Object(2 : 293) not found Client: Local object 2:293 not found x15

then server gets same error

Server: Object info 2:293 not found during Changing Owner x15

and here goes infamous NMTF

(6200 [receivedMagazine]): Network sync error - NMTFireWeapon x15

the number of each errot line is exact the same as number of people who were testing

this issue have been observed roughly by 50 people, and makes playing experince unplayable, we are looking forward hotfixes to solve this problem

Ok, let's be clear here, armor protection and armor penetration system won't be disabled, and can't be disabled by players, as it is hardcoded in to the mod. However system will be improved.

Besides this, honestly I am incapable to comprehend this desire of some players, to disable, probably one of the most realistic systems of such kind that is used for ArmA3 mod, and probably most realistic in history of BIS games.

We have some plans and ambitions to make this really close to the level represented by proffesional military simulations.

But oh well, it seems you can't please everyone... because balance, right?

Cant please everyone

i wouldnt even try.

I do have a request about armour actually,one thing that really bothers me,and most people if not all is the ai dismounting a piece of armour because its lost its track or something.

Is there anyway to code that into RHS vehicles,and if so,is it something the team could consider?.....in the interest balance AND realism.

I would go the other way. Instead of disabling it, RHS should make "bridge addons" or help other addon makers to upgrade their addons to RHS penetration standard.

Ok, let's be clear here, armor protection and armor penetration system won't be disabled, and can't be disabled by players, as it is hardcoded in to the mod. However system will be improved.

Besides this, honestly I am incapable to comprehend this desire of some players, to disable, probably one of the most realistic systems of such kind that is used for ArmA3 mod, and probably most realistic in history of BIS games.

We have some plans and ambitions to make this really close to the level represented by proffesional military simulations.

But oh well, it seems you can't please everyone... because balance, right?

I don't mind this penetration system, but in current state its not compatible with any other mod or even vanilla game. Thats why i asked if there is a way to remove it for now.

But oh well, who cares about compatibility, right?

And there is not a single word anywhere about how this system works, and that is pretty sad. Because even if i want to, i have no idea how can i configure other addons to make them compatible with RHS.

For example current RPGs are almost useless against buildings, it takes up to 4 or 5 hits to make first hole in the wall.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I would go the other way. Instead of disabling it, RHS should make "bridge addons" or help other addon makers to upgrade their addons to RHS penetration standard.

this^

Edited by Tachi

Dunno if I can speak about this, however believe me, when we finnish work on armor system, there are plans to eventually help other mods to achieve same results. I hope you all understand how time consuming for both coders and researchers like me to find proper sollutions? And finding proper sollutions is not easy either.

Also if you want a compatibility with vanilla stuff, use RAM (Real Armor Mod) made by Olds and Bakerman, it does not give 100% compatibility but it is good enough in it's current state... I wonder how many times I repeat this?

For example current RPGs are almost useless against buildings, it takes up to 4 or 5 hits to make first hole in the wall.

What granades for RPG's do you use? Do you even understand how different RPG granades works in real life? So I will make this easier for you. A standad anti armor RPG granade uses shaped charge warhead which at detonation creates so called shape charge jet, this jet can penetrate a lot of steel, concrete or earth, but in the same tiem due to it's diameter of only few mm (it's diameter is actually smaller than that of the tip of your pencil), it will not create huge hole in building or wall.

However there are also multipurpose granades for RPG's, like fragmentation, or high explosive, or thermobaric.

It's all modeled in RHS, so for RPG-7 you have both AT granades, that are great against vehicles but not against buildings or infantry in the open, but also for example thermobaric granades more effective against infantry in the open, and against structures.

In general RPG-7 granades with code beggining with letters PG are anti armor granades, OG is granade with fragmentation charge, and TBG or TG will have thermobaric charge.

There are also single short RPG's, these with code starting as RPG are anti armor only, this codenamed RShG or similiar, use thermobaric warheads.

Edited by Damian90

I don't mind this penetration system, but in current state its not compatible with any other mod or even vanilla game. Thats why i asked if there is a way to remove it for now.

But oh well, who cares about compatibility, right?

Obviously RHS were under a bit of time pressure because of the MANW deadline and that's reflected in the version number. I'm confident that with time we'll see a more complete and inter-operable implementation but I think it would be a terrible waste of development time to expend energy on making the system removable. For the time being it might pay to not mix RHS and vanilla units (assuming adding Real Armour Mod doesn't bridge the gap sufficiently). Patience.

I think it's called Heavy Metal :cool:

Thanks, but strangely enough I can´t find it. Neither in SP or MP is there a mission with that name

Thanks, but strangely enough I can´t find it. Neither in SP or MP is there a mission with that name

Did you downloaded RHS Escalation or RHS AFRF and RHS USF separately?

RHS SP missions are added only to RHS Escalation.

Just found that there are flags of Ukrainian — let's put it mildly — pro-Russian activists.

I think including these is not a very good idea. Politics is not a very pleasant thing and IMO it's better to not bring it into the game. :)

Edited by Semiconductor

Just found that there are flags of Ukrainian — let's put it mildly — pro-Russian activists.

I think including these is not a very good idea. Politics is not a very pleasant thing and IMO it's better to not bring it into the game. :)

Uhm, the mod's team is formed by people from a lot of different countries and political sensitivities.

The flags are just included to add more depth to the game, you can choose to use them or not. You are free to use them for enemies, friends or whatever your mission plot is...

After seeing all those heated arguments under every news article concerning some question of politics or ongoing conflict, the possibility of such fights appearing in Arma scares me a little bit.

Maybe it's just me. :) If so, nevermind my previous post. :D

After seeing all those heated arguments under every news article concerning some question of politics or ongoing conflict, the possibility of such fights appearing in Arma scares me a little bit.

Maybe it's just me. :) If so, nevermind my previous post. :D

What better than to have a real conflict to create plausible missions off the back of.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184614-Conflict-Ukraine-(MP-Campaign). :)

It sets the scene for something that players wants to participate in, fictionally of course.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

@ semiconductor - the pro-Russian activists don't want to carry the Ukrainian flag, that's the core reason behind the conflict. :p but good to know that flag is there, I will use it in my campaign.

Excellent mod guys, we're actively playing it within our comunity, almost daily. :)

I have one question, are you planing on doing army berets for VSV/MSV at some point ? I think they would look good in combination with the helmet on the vest, like the field caps have now.

Anyway, I almost forgot, here's a little thank you from myself, for this awesome mod of yours :)

15854527252_e735af15d8_z.jpg

I can't seem to get RHS to work on a dedicated server with AGM. Are they not compatible?

I believe those were in the decal set since the first release that made use of the system--their inclusion wasn't motivated by the crisis. :)

Greetings, we were testing our community server to find out what cause desync problems to the point we disabled all the mods and were running RHS mods only,

to be more precise the errors with object not found, which cause mass rpt spam and end up in situation where one player can't hear the gunshots of another standing 1 meter away.

this error does transwer to all kind of weapons, not only RHS ones, including default a3 weapons, while RHS mods are enabled.

the number of each errot line is exact the same as number of people who were testing

this issue have been observed roughly by 50 people, and makes playing experince unplayable, we are looking forward hotfixes to solve this problem

Having the same exact problem. We've tried running vanallla game with just RHS and didn't hear each other shooting weapons, didn't see the muzzle flash as well. SO we are pretty sure that's RHS causing this problem. Please take a look into this issue, we don't want to ditch RHS because of this bug.

Having the same exact problem. We've tried running vanallla game with just RHS and didn't hear each other shooting weapons, didn't see the muzzle flash as well. SO we are pretty sure that's RHS causing this problem. Please take a look into this issue, we don't want to ditch RHS because of this bug.

Please file a bugreport here:

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/

And include the full rpt uploaded on pastebin or something else.

Just registered at forums to say that i and my buddy just tested vanilla arma 3 and RHS on dedicated and we have exacly same problem .When we took any RHS weapons - sounds, muzzle flashes start to dissaper. Sometimes it starts instantly after you take RHS gun. Sometines after few minutes. So right now we deleted RHS mod unit devs fix that annying bug.

Edited by Gorogon

Did you downloaded RHS Escalation or RHS AFRF and RHS USF separately?

RHS SP missions are added only to RHS Escalation.

Ah, then that´s probably the issue. I wonder if that is causing the rest of my issues. I only have the two seperate packs from PWS. I did not know there was a "complete" pack. Will you consider adding this pack to PWS?

Ah, then that´s probably the issue. I wonder if that is causing the rest of my issues. I only have the two seperate packs from PWS. I did not know there was a "complete" pack. Will you consider adding this pack to PWS?

You can just download Escalation from RHS mod page. http://www.rhsmods.org/

Also remember that we still work hard on improving the mod, many bugs will be fixed hopefully to the next release.

I can't seem to get RHS to work on a dedicated server with AGM. Are they not compatible?

Very strange, we can play with both mod without any trouble on our side.