By the way, because for the moment, new armor calculations are not needed, I am working on new historical descriptions for armored vehicles for RHS documentation page, hopefully it will be interesting for some people. ;)

Yes please... I've learned more from reading what you and Olds have debated over the last 1 year or so about Tanks and Armour than all my ameteur interest/study previously - most interesting reading !

^ +1 here I'm spending my mission-creation time reading the historical facts :p I'm ashamed how little my knowledge is of post WWII Russian arms and equipment.

^ +1 here I'm spending my mission-creation time reading the historical facts :p I'm ashamed how little my knowledge is of post WWII Russian arms and equipment.

Most people don't know the real facts about WWII equipment alone, be it Allies, Soviet Union or IIIrd Reich, however due to my own research and reading books made by some few great authors, I would be called a historical heretic by most people interested at some degree in weapon systems history. ;)

The same truth applies to post WWII weapon systems, there was so much BS created by ignorants, and still is created, that when I read it, my eyes bleed. :P

you will produce USMC?

Yes, if you didn't noticed, there is allready faction and some vehicles for them in the mod, however be patient, there is so much work ahead that neither me or any other team member could say when for example infantry could make it to the next release version.

Most people don't know the real facts about WWII equipment alone, be it Allies, Soviet Union or IIIrd Reich, however due to my own research and reading books made by some few great authors, I would be called a historical heretic by most people interested at some degree in weapon systems history. ;)

The same truth applies to post WWII weapon systems, there was so much BS created by ignorants, and still is created, that when I read it, my eyes bleed. :P

I know what you mean... I cringe every time I watch an American-produced WWII documentary (please no offense intended to our southern brothers.. but really... USSR won the war)

I cringe every time I watch an American-produced WWII documentary (please no offense intended to our southern brothers.. but really... USSR won the war)

Actually any TV documentaries not matters where made are poor... this is why I don't even have a TV anymore. :P

And no, USSR didn't won the war, not alone, and actually if not help of western allies, and USA, war in east at best for USSR would end as stationary war.

By the way, I strongly suggest to read memoirs of Dmitry Loza a Soviet tank commander, he makes a very good and truthfull insight in to Lend Lease support for USSR, and his own experience and thoughts about Soviet and western allies tanks he served on... some people might be surprised by his very high opinion about M4 medium tank, and his rather negative opinion about "best medium tank of WWII" the T-34. ;) Other such good book is "T-34 Mythical Weapon" which makes a very good insight in to T-34 design, it's flaws, and why the myth was actually initially created by the Germans, answer is very simple and funny, it was Guderians technical ignorance in which he confused KV-1 with T-34. So after studying various reports of German forces fighting with Soviets, it becomes clear that the wrath for German forces were not T-34 medium tank, but KV-1 heavy tank.

In general modern studies about WWII completely changes view about that war, and it is good, modern history might change our view about "best medium tanks of WWII", and this title clearly belongs to the... M4, not T-34 or PzKpfw V (which was in fact more a heavy tank not medium), or that German tanks of WWII in fact were not a very modern designs, and had so many flaws that they would not be put in to service in any other country.

I strongly suggest also to read short articles written by Nicholas Moran, he is a historian, a tanker, and he made a lot of own research about WWII tanks, he is also host of the YouTube series Inside Chieftains Hatch made for Wargaming.net, and before someones discard him as a source, I talked with him on TankNet forums, and he is incredible source of informations. ;)

In recent years a lot of sources, informations and such kind of stuff become avaiable for general public, and further historical research reveals more interesting informations and change a view.

In general for non russian speaking/reading audience, I can definately suggest to read books written by authors such as Richard Hunnicutt, Harry Yeide, Hilary Doyle, Thomas Jentz, Walter Spielberger or the great David Fletcher. ;)

History from the Soviet side is also very, very interesting, however most books or articles are not translated in to english and thus unknown outside former Soviet Union, which is pity, as they have incredible books about the subject, with fantastic drawings and great photos of rare vehicle examples.

PS. To not create off Topic, is someone is further interested in discussion, PM me. ;)

Edited by Damian90

Getting an error when firing weapons ...

"Sound _SCOPE not found"

Sorry if it's well known or been asked.

Getting an error when firing weapons ...

"Sound _SCOPE not found"

Sorry if it's well known or been asked.

Are you using any other mod? And which version/branch of the game are you playing?

When does that error happen?

Yep using a few other mods, joint rails/hlcmods comes to mind for other guns, mcc sandbox, hafm ISIS... a few things..

Some kind of incompatibility then ?

Edit: Uninstalling speed of sound, i bet it's that damned thing (A friend talked me into it).

Can you suggest any better gun-sound (for the vanilla etc..) mods that ARE compatible?

Hey all, loving the mod, really enjoying it so far.

For a long time in the Arma series there's been a problem with the gunners on attack helicopters.

You can only shoot accurately when stationary, it'd be great if there were someway to turn on a designator to auto adjust the cannons while moving.

I just wanted to know if you guys have already looked into this or perhaps could consider a fix for this in the future, as you seem to have done something similar for the tanks.

Thanks and great job on the mod so far:D

Hey all, loving the mod, really enjoying it so far.

For a long time in the Arma series there's been a problem with the gunners on attack helicopters.

You can only shoot accurately when stationary, it'd be great if there were someway to turn on a designator to auto adjust the cannons while moving.

I just wanted to know if you guys have already looked into this or perhaps could consider a fix for this in the future, as you seem to have done something similar for the tanks.

Thanks and great job on the mod so far:D

I dont see a problem here.

You can attack precisely in as a gunner in different ways

1. Have a good pilot who manages to do a solid hover without auto hover.

2. Dont fly a heli like a static platform for guns and rockets and attack while moving.

Both ways take some practice and some ammount of skill but its worth it.

Yep using a few other mods, joint rails/hlcmods comes to mind for other guns, mcc sandbox, hafm ISIS... a few things..

Some kind of incompatibility then ?

Edit: Uninstalling speed of sound, i bet it's that damned thing (A friend talked me into it).

Can you suggest any better gun-sound (for the vanilla etc..) mods that ARE compatible?

Yep, JSRS 2.2 -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170226-J-S-R-S-2-2-Soundmod (SoS was good intended but buggy as hell, don´t believe in all youtube videos you or your friend, sees lol)

And for those complaining of RHS animations and sounds, Toadie2K has just released a patch to RHS that adds his awesome animations and sounds to this awesomely animated and textured RHS weapons =)

read more here -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172850-Toadie-s-SmallArms-and-Animations-for-Arma3&p=2822526&viewfull=1#post2822526

cheers!

Hello!

A little bug report for the AK pack.

The penetration of AK pack bullets is bugged.

9mm vanilla comparison penetration

HLC ak-74 penetration

Also the Grenade sights for the AKs are very much off.

I am quoting my post from HLC packs thread because RHS has the same problem with bullet penetration as HLC does.

RHS AK-74M penetration

As you can see, the bullet does not penetrate what vanilla 9mm can penetrate.

@ Bumgie - what rounds are you using? standard issued 7n10 have no problem with penetrating that target on my end

Any chance a few US Marines will make it into the next patch?

Any chance a few US Marines will make it into the next patch?

I'm afraid the next patch will be mainly a hotfix to solve most of the issues we found and / or have been commented in the forums.

I'm afraid the next patch will be mainly a hotfix to solve most of the issues we found and / or have been commented in the forums.

Ahh OK thanks for the reply!

What's the point of rhs_mag_Atomic_2a33 rounds for 2S3M? The impact freezes my game for 2 minutes and seems to kill everything (I tried it on Bystrica and couldn't escape it anywhere on the map).

Also, could you add descriptions to the names of the rounds for 2S3M, can't tell them apart at all.

Edited by Outlawz7

It's a known bug which will be fixed in next release.

Hey guys,

you really made a great mod! Unfortunately a lot of classnames are wrong :(

Examples:

rhs_6b28 should be Flora helmet, but is EMR-Summer

M14 (US) has the wrong classname (magazine too)

This makes it a bit hard to create missions with predefined equipment.

Mistyronin

Is there a in progress changelog around?Im interested to find out if the RHS artillery veihicles are scheduled to be fix(recognized by other modules as artillery vehicles)

I dont see a problem here.

You can attack precisely in as a gunner in different ways

1. Have a good pilot who manages to do a solid hover without auto hover.

2. Dont fly a heli like a static platform for guns and rockets and attack while moving.

Both ways take some practice and some ammount of skill but its worth it.

That's the type of tactic I was hoping to fix, It's not really what you're meant to do.

I was hoping for something similar in Arma 2's ACE mod and nodunit's AH-64 mod, when switching on the laser designator/ to hmd mode, it would adjust in order for the rounds to land where you aim.

An attack helicopter Any helicopter needs to always be on the move nearer a hostile AO, hovering comes into play when it's over 5k out from the target behind cover, launching guided AGMs.

Mistyronin

Is there a in progress changelog around?Im interested to find out if the RHS artillery veihicles are scheduled to be fix(recognized by other modules as artillery vehicles)

Well, there is.

But not for the public :P