@Doro

Having a problem where I can't put down any of the vehicles in the editor. They aren't even coming up in the drop down. I can select Army/Marines ect but then no vehicle below it.

It looks like you miss the RHS russian module. Download the whole "Escalation" pack, 'cos US vehicles/units are ATM tied to Russian Federation pack.

Sorry for asking, but is there a chance that editor names will be changed in future? I am perfectionalist, and lack of consistency in this area of the mod drives me a little bit crazy. For example, I think that such naming as: "RHSUSF_Army_OCP_SquadLeader", "rhsusf_m1a1aim_tuski_d", "rhsusf_m1a2sep1d_usarmy", "RHSUSF_M109D_USArmy" and then "RHS_M2A2" are horrible for memorizing, lacking systematization and needlessly excessive.

Why not instead just use "RHS_US(USMC)_SquadLeader(or simply - SL)_OCP(UCP)", "RHS_US(USMC)_M1A1aim_W(D)", "RHS_US(USMC)_M1A1aim_TUSK_W(D)" and so on? Please, consider this.

Sorry for asking, but is there a chance that editor names will be changed in future? I am perfectionalist, and lack of consistency in this area of the mod drives me a little bit crazy. For example, I think that such naming as: "RHSUSF_Army_OCP_SquadLeader", "rhsusf_m1a1aim_tuski_d", "rhsusf_m1a2sep1d_usarmy", "RHSUSF_M109D_USArmy" and then "RHS_M2A2" are horrible for memorizing, lacking systematization and needlessly excessive.

Why not instead just use "RHS_US(USMC)_SquadLeader(or simply - SL)_OCP(UCP)", "RHS_US(USMC)_M1A1aim_W(D)", "RHS_US(USMC)_M1A1aim_TUSK_W(D)" and so on? Please, consider this.

Changing it now would break every mission made at this point. So no they will not be changed. But this is why there is a wiki so you do not have to memorize/guess what they are. I agree with your point though, consistency is something to strive for, but its something you agree upon before you start, not midway.

Changing it now would break every mission made at this point. So no they will not be changed. But this is why there is a wiki so you do not have to memorize/guess what they are. I agree with your point though, consistency is something to strive for, but its something you agree upon before you start, not midway.

Yes, I agree that it should be done from the start, but it was not. The wiki page for US units is virtually empty right now. Besides I don't see a lot of missions using RHS:E at the moment and you are still at 0.30 release version... Anyway this is just some minor annoyance and I believe we are all enjoying fruits of your hard work.

P.S.

I also would like to ask if you are planing to make some CV for US side? I followed this mod since A2 only because of Russian AF, but it would be still nice. Besides, then playing with US infantry, I noticed some things - first of all their uniform textures seems to have some specularity effect on them on shoulders as they a bit reflective. Second - IMO their shoulders are a bit too broad and bulky, they looks like space marines a bit. :D

Classnames are alright, what bothers me more are the faction names and vehicle classes. It's sort of chaotic now, there is over 5 russian and us factions and it's hard to find something in the editor or zeus (eg. empty vehicle). Why not use for eg. only US Army and USMC factions and for units use UCP and OCP vehicle classes? eg. Men (UCP), Men (OCP) and the same for Russian units. And the other thing is that RHS vehicles are using new vehicle classes as helicopter, IFV etc. and that drives me crazy when I'm searching for empty vehicles. Wouldn't be better to have it under default BI classes? I mean, when you are searching in empty category in editor or zeus, it's quite a list now. Armored vehicles and air vehicles under one class would be better in my opinion.

Edited by EvroMalarkey

For a minor annoyance it is hardly worth refactoring a 100 classes (if not more) and perhaps there are not a lot now but before next release there could be many more. The wiki will be updated regularly, and there is always ingame config browser. Anyway backward compatibility is nice, will save a lot of missions in the future.

The shoulder thing we already fixed for next release.

...but then there would be problem if you want to place vehicle with i.e. VDV or OCP crew. Also, while you mention how long is empty list in zeus, imagine how much entries would be inside armor/air category if you put there rhs units all together. It's hard to satisfy everyone

We find it more convinient this way. There are advantages and disadvantages in both cases. When this system was thought up Zeus was not even an idea yet so you can't blame us for not predicting it. Our way is actually very convinient and thought through. All about having the bottom layer (i.e. unit names like BMP2 and Rifleman) decluttered and not having them BMP-2(VDV markings/tri-camo) in tiny editor window and when you hover ingame over it. As for extra vehicle classes we felt that the bis classification was too limited.

I have a few questions:

1. What are the classnames for the PIP-variants for the M4/M16? (not sure if they both have it) I found them in the virtual arsenal and decided I want to make automatic variants available in my mission - but they are not listed on the RHS documentation, so I've got no idea how I can find the classname of those weapons.

2. I noticed with most the US transport vehicles (M1025 in particular), that the 1PP view is extremely limited due to the "camera" being placed too high in the vehicle, causing the interior to obscure the driver's vision so much that it is impossible to see anything beyond a couple of meters out of the windows. Is RHS working on fixing the 1PP view for affected vehicles? Is there any personal settings I can change to fix this?

I have some screenshots that I can append to this post once I'm at my home PC to illustrate the issue. Really loving this mod, I just hope there is a way to fix this issue so I don't have to ditch the vehicles until I can see out of them.

There are tons of missions out there for us and russ just have to keep an eye out steam work shop is full of rhs missions

Hey I like this totally free mod but:

Can you change all the class names for everything? I know how simple and totally not time consuming that is at all!

Can you talk to mod authors from all over arma and ask if they will give you their stuff instead of your stuff? Cause even though you've worked very hard to bring us high res weapons, I sort of like mod x better.

Can you spend $137500 on a high quality sound recording studio and bring us better than real life sounds?

Can you please change the organizational structure of the factions? Cause that's super easy to do in c++!

Let me know when you have this all done, maybe it can be in a hot fix by noon my time?

Thank you for this excellent mod. It is not perfect, but it is free, and being actively supported. Keep in mind that the mod authors working for free, have provided you more playable assets than BIS did on release.

Edit: just want to be clear that I'm not picking on people who are making legitimate bug reports. Just the entitled few.

Yes, I agree that it should be done from the start, but it was not. The wiki page for US units is virtually empty right now. Besides I don't see a lot of missions using RHS:E at the moment and you are still at 0.30 release version... Anyway this is just some minor annoyance and I believe we are all enjoying fruits of your hard work.

P.S.

I also would like to ask if you are planing to make some CV for US side? I followed this mod since A2 only because of Russian AF, but it would be still nice. Besides, then playing with US infantry, I noticed some things - first of all their uniform textures seems to have some specularity effect on them on shoulders as they a bit reflective. Second - IMO their shoulders are a bit too broad and bulky, they looks like space marines a bit. :D

I commented on that before :)

Some changes are still made to their loads, so it wouldn't make much sense to add them, to change them in few weeks.

Remember that the mod is still W.I.P. :)

Hey I like this totally free mod but:

Can you change all the class names for everything? I know how simple and totally not time consuming that is at all!

Can you talk to mod authors from all over arma and ask if they will give you their stuff instead of your stuff? Cause even though you've worked very hard to bring us high res weapons, I sort of like mod x better.

Can you spend $137500 on a high quality sound recording studio and bring us better than real life sounds?

Can you please change the organizational structure of the factions? Cause that's super easy to do in c++!

Let me know when you have this all done, maybe it can be in a hot fix by noon my time?

Thank you for this excellent mod. It is not perfect, but it is free, and being actively supported. Keep in mind that the mod authors working for free, have provided you more playable assets than BIS did on release.

Edit: just want to be clear that I'm not picking on people who are making legitimate bug reports. Just the entitled few.

Best post ever.

Hey guys, great mod. I've really enjoyed it so far.

One minor thing:

Can't seem to get the BM-21 to fire except as player in the gunner seat. Ordering a subordinate group member to fire on a target doesn't work and a script command solution (working for regular arty) doesn't work either.

Is it intended that the 1PN93 doesn't have NV enabled after changing optics mode until you turn it on with the 'N' key? Have no idea if NV can be toggled on the real item but if that's the case it strikes me as odd that you cannot then turn it off with the 'N' key, you have to cycle optics modes instead.

Could I suggest that the CQB optics mode should always be the first position. This seems to now be the default for vanilla ArmA optics (including the RHS HAMR class) and IMHO is a more natural progression.

Big thank you to the modelers who thought to include 'Eye' memory points for the Leupolds - I hate having zero CQB options (although they could be more usefully positioned a bit lower).

Is it intended that the 1PN93 doesn't have NV enabled after changing optics mode until you turn it on with the 'N' key? Have no idea if NV can be toggled on the real item but if that's the case it strikes me as odd that you cannot then turn it off with the 'N' key, you have to cycle optics modes instead.

Could I suggest that the CQB optics mode should always be the first position. This seems to now be the default for vanilla ArmA optics (including the RHS HAMR class) and IMHO is a more natural progression.

Big thank you to the modelers who thought to include 'Eye' memory points for the Leupolds - I hate having zero CQB options (although they could be more usefully positioned a bit lower).

The pn issue is a arma 3 bug. We also find this annoying.

The second is a matter of taste. Just hit the secondary button as soon as you spawn, BAM its all of a sudden by default :P

The second is a matter of taste. Just hit the secondary button as soon as you spawn, BAM its all of a sudden by default :P

Heh, yes, just suggested it for the sake of consistency (a good arbiter in matters of taste). No biggie, the order can be switched with a small config patch.

I guessed the NV thing was possibly an A3 bug, have not played a lot with the vanilla content - preferred to wait for your release.

Hey I like this totally free mod but:...

There is a big difference between liking the mod and wanting it to become even better and blindfolded admiration of it and mindless approval of anything in it, because it is free and all that. I know that "best" is the enemy of the "fine", but none of my suggestion or suggestions, made after mine by others is unreasonable or impossible to do.

As for mine suggestions - fine, if voicing them here will only attract sarcastic pricks, then I will keep them to myself and make suggested changes myself for my private use. It's not as hard as you think. But with such attitude as yours, humanity would still lived in caves, eating raw food and shitting in the corner.

Will it be possible to re-texture the infantry units in the future? really love the mod, wanted to make the uniforms Syrian leaf for some SAA units. Great job and keep up the good work, hope you win the MANW contest.

Will you add top down attack to Javeli? Mayby you can make in compatible wiyh AGM? (sorry if this was asked already)

Yes it was asked, and yes it was answered, Javelin is not yet fully completed, wait for next release, many things will improve.

Just an idea.

May the NV scopes on rifle be used in daylight ? With optic cover. NV scopes aren't used into arma (remember arma 2) because of NVG compatibility and impossibility to shut off NV scopes. RHS kill the NVG compatibility for lot of scopes (EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!).

I have another question/bug interogation : the "white" thermal into BMD-2(?) are bright. REALLY bright. Is it normal ?

Last thing : can't wait for the next step :) Love russian materials.