Hello!

I'm really liking the mod, but I've noticed an issue while playing with ALiVE. On the Russian side, namely the VVS Mi24 variants, aren't recognized as a CAS helicopters by the ALiVE Player Combat Support, leading the unit to be always combat ineffective; I have tested out the vanilla helicopters without moving the module to make sure that it wasn't a terrain issue, which it wasn't. The AH64D works fine because it is under the overall faction of US Army, however since the Russian sides are all divided up, this seems to be causing issues. I went on the ALiVE wiki and sure enough the supported factions are only the MSV, VDV and TV. I wasn't entirely sure whether to post this on the ALiVE forums, but seeing that you are the creators of this particular mod, it would make more sense to ask you. Is this a known issue, and how difficult and therefore how soon might it be fixed/supported? I really like playing as the Russians, and it just sucks to have no air support while playing ALiVE.

please post in ALIVE thread as well, as per ARJay instructions.

Lovely mod and voted for it in the make arma not war competition. However I cannot find any servers running with RHS, I only find several empty servers. Am I doing something wrong or is the mod not that popular for online play?

Okay, wilco! is there any other information you can give me in the mean time?

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

Hello!

I'm really liking the mod, but I've noticed an issue while playing with ALiVE. On the Russian side, namely the VVS Mi24 variants, aren't recognized as a CAS helicopters by the ALiVE Player Combat Support, leading the unit to be always combat ineffective; I have tested out the vanilla helicopters without moving the module to make sure that it wasn't a terrain issue, which it wasn't. The AH64D works fine because it is under the overall faction of US Army, however since the Russian sides are all divided up, this seems to be causing issues. I went on the ALiVE wiki and sure enough the supported factions are only the MSV, VDV and TV. I wasn't entirely sure whether to post this on the ALiVE forums, but seeing that you are the creators of this particular mod, it would make more sense to ask you. Is this a known issue, and how difficult and therefore how soon might it be fixed/supported? I really like playing as the Russians, and it just sucks to have no air support while playing ALiVE.

*EDIT* Upon further testing using the SU 25 from the same faction as the Hind, it seems to work, so this seems to be an isolated issue involving the Mi24 P and V variants.

hi where can i find the class name to the grupps ? only fine the class names for the single units

Okay, wilco! is there any other information you can give me in the mean time?

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

*EDIT* Upon further testing using the SU 25 from the same faction as the Hind, it seems to work, so this seems to be an isolated issue involving the Mi24 P and V variants.

You will find that the rhs_uh60 variants don't work with alive combat transport on the US side either. As you said the ah64 does but the uh60 doesn't. They do spawn under the mil placement module though if you allow air units so not quiet sure.

Ok, so after some more testing, it seems to be the US vests that cause my FPS drops. When equipping them in the VA, the FPS drops noticeably for a few seconds then recovers. Then drops again and recovers and etc. When playing a quick MCC mission (SP with 10 AI squad) the game runs at lower FPS than when I did the same mission with vanilla units. Any input? Anyone else with this issue?

Man you guys did an excellent job. These US tanks and IFVs are awesome stuff. Getting some error spam when loading an empty woodland M1a2 TUSK, and the M2A3 tusk3 (I think its called). The Bradley is something to do with the selectionfireanim (for the turret I believe). The tank is something to do with *.missilebeg*. I cant remember the exact error but load them up and see what you think, could be on my end maybe.

But great work and congrats on the release. Drink a cold one and relax :D

Man you guys did an excellent job. These US tanks and IFVs are awesome stuff. Getting some error spam when loading an empty woodland M1a2 TUSK, and the M2A3 tusk3 (I think its called). The Bradley is something to do with the selectionfireanim (for the turret I believe). The tank is something to do with *.missilebeg*. I cant remember the exact error but load them up and see what you think, could be on my end maybe.

But great work and congrats on the release. Drink a cold one and relax :D

Do you have AFRF installed? Right now USAF required AFRF. This will be corrected later.

Helicopter AFM feedback.

Mi24 group.

Brakes is not working.

Brakes hud icon is missing.

Throttle level is not visible on extended helicopter HUD.

KA-52

Brakes is not working properly.(Same as Kajman)

AH and Boing(maybe all RED helicopters)

Spawns in few meters down with pilot. Empty helicopter is on the ground level.

Edited by Anachoretes

Do you have AFRF installed? Right now USAF required AFRF. This will be corrected later.

Roger that i DL the whole rhs escal file. It included the russian and us forces. Both installed. Just spam though as i can continue with the game, and use the vehicles without problem

so uh,

is anybody working on vehicle sounds? Maybe mr.Jarhead is willing to share, since he has most of the units covered in his A2 mod...some of the vehicles just don't feel right without proper sound :(

can confirm the us units fps issue btw.

oh and: would it be okay to create kind of "spin off" mods with your addons? like a CDF module etc?

so uh,

is anybody working on vehicle sounds? Maybe mr.Jarhead is willing to share, since he has most of the units covered in his A2 mod...some of the vehicles just don't feel right without proper sound :(

can confirm the us units fps issue btw.

oh and: would it be okay to create kind of "spin off" mods with your addons? like a CDF module etc?

First post in this page

- Further optimization: Especially for the US side, some of the vehicles will receive more resolution lods.It will come in future builds, or even as hotfixes. Rest assured though that with hundreds of hours of testing we have yet to receive a performance drop complaint.

so uh,

Oh, not again... :(

JSRS vehicle sounds (mainly tracked) are absolutely terrible, not even close to reality.

Hello, long story short, after trying some possible solutions listed in this thread with no results, I'm at my wit's end with trying to figure out a problem with Zeus. (which likely has a very simple answer that I'll feel foolish about when I find out.)

But, basically, Zeus simply doesn't show any content from RHS regardless of what I've tried, I rent a dedicated server and have set up all the mods there, I run the exact same mods and mod load order as the server on my own client, and yet I've come no closer to finding out what's wrong. (the only things I can spawn appear to be flag markers that don't do much else.)

Also, the maps that come with Escalation don't run in multiplayer, but that could be an isolated issue.

Mod list; CBA, VME_PLA, RHS AFRF and USF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I can see there is no empty version of the RPG bag, the default one is filled with 3 RPG7VL, it could be nice to have one. (Maybe you could change the filled one to scope=1 and create a new class which is "scope=2" and empty).

Same thing with the engineer version of the UMBTS (rhs_assault_umbts_engineer), the default class is filled with a toolkit.

Not a major issue, but it could be an improvement.

Thanks for your work guys.

In reality indeed M2A2 do not have commander panoramic periscope, however for the sake of gameplay, gunner auxiliary sight had been used as commander panoramic sight, in future it might change.

Bollocks!

All M1A2's have panoramic commander sight called properly CITV - Commander Independent Thermal Viewer, however it is not properly modeled just like gunner sight in current RHS mod release, it will change with time.

M1A1's however have powered commander cupola with it's own optics.

What the hell is ACP-A2?! :confused:

Again, not talking about reality here. Just what so far is in the game and whether or not these vehicles have the cameras on their unit models.

Personally I care very little for 100% authenticity, to me balanced and diverse gameplay is more important. I think it would be a great idea to have two variants of Bradleys and Abrams, one with the zoom cameras and one where the commander only can turn out and has to use his limited eye sight "zoom". Could be fun for mission makers to vary up the mechanised combat a bit.

The ACP thingy was totally my bad, was very tired when I wrote that. :o What I meant was the M113A3. When you hop onto the 50cal gunner seat (currently classed as commander seat) you get the full camera zoom function as soon as you hit right-click to aim down sights.

Another small bug I ran into in the last couple of missions: The LMG and MMG rifles are both not accessable through Zeus and neither is their ammo.

Edited by JamesClarke

Personally I care very little for 100% authenticity, to me balanced and diverse gameplay is more important. I think it would be a great idea to have two variants of Bradleys and Abrams, one with the zoom cameras and one where the commander only can turn out and has to use his limited eye sight "zoom". Could be fun for mission makers to vary up the mechanised combat a bit.

If you care for balance not authencity, then neither RHS is for you, neither ArmA series, as balance was never point for these game and neither a point of any RHS mod version, be it old ones for OFP, or newer ones for ArmA series. If you search balance go and play with Battlefield.

And I doubt that RHS team will create a non realistic variants of vehicles so they can be balanced in artificial, non realistic way.

Personally I also don't see any fun in such artificial balance, what's the point? RHS mod will be realistic in many ways (or to be more precise as close to reality as possible), which means players will need to learn their vehicles, and use brain.

The ACP thingy was totally my bad, was very tired when I wrote that. What I meant was the M113A3. Currently when you hop onto the 50cal gunner seat (currently classed as commander seat) you get the full camera zoom function as soon as you hit right-click to aim down sights.

This will be fixed.

If you care for balance not authencity, then neither RHS is for you, neither ArmA series, as balance was never point for these game and neither a point of any RHS mod version, be it old ones for OFP, or newer ones for ArmA series. If you search balance go and play with Battlefield.
This. I still can't (well, I can, to be honest :D) forgive BI for screwing up Kamaz Typhoon for the sake of balance.

Balancing is the thing that essentially ruins all the fun and diversity, even cartoonish Team Fortress refrained from balancing to some extent.

Hello, long story short, after trying some possible solutions listed in this thread with no results, I'm at my wit's end with trying to figure out a problem with Zeus. (which likely has a very simple answer that I'll feel foolish about when I find out.)

But, basically, Zeus simply doesn't show any content from RHS regardless of what I've tried, I rent a dedicated server and have set up all the mods there, I run the exact same mods and mod load order as the server on my own client, and yet I've come no closer to finding out what's wrong. (the only things I can spawn appear to be flag markers that don't do much else.)

Also, the maps that come with Escalation don't run in multiplayer, but that could be an isolated issue.

Mod list; CBA, VME_PLA, RHS AFRF and USF.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cherub, in the mission editor, place your "Zeus - Game Master" module (you probably have one already) and in the "Default addons" drop-down, select "All addons (including unofficial ones)" then see if RHS stuff shows up. This works for me on a Dedicated server running 40 addons.

This. I still can't (well, I can, to be honest :D) forgive BI for screwing up Kamaz Typhoon for the sake of balance.

Balancing is the thing that essentially ruins all the fun and diversity, even cartoonish Team Fortress refrained from balancing to some extent.

To be honest, there should be said clearly that BIS made very good engine with good perspectives and interesting potential. The problem is that BIS didn't used engines full potential in many aspects, pity, vanilla game could be very different. However just wait for next RHS releases, just wait. ;)

Love your work RHS! Been a big fan since the OFP days. One quick question. Are any of the Russian vehicles set up for setobjecttexture scripting for custom camo patterns? It would be great to have some desert, guerilla/insurgent camos. Also, speaking of OFP days, I really loved the addition of cargo places on the outside of the tanks. Such an ingenious addition. Any chance we'll see those again? Sorry to pester, just want MOAR of your fine work!

Many thanks!

Chops

>However just wait for next RHS releases, just wait.

Soo, how long should we wait for it?

as always, until it is done...?

Another small bug I ran into in the last couple of missions: The LMG and MMG rifles are both not accessable through Zeus and neither is their ammo.

What LMG and MMG?

And I doubt that RHS team will create a non realistic variants of vehicles so they can be balanced in artificial, non realistic way.

Personally I also don't see any fun in such artificial balance, what's the point? RHS mod will be realistic in many ways (or to be more precise as close to reality as possible), which means players will need to learn their vehicles, and use brain.

You are taking one word "balanced" out of context of my post and add an entire tirade of how balancing in general ruins the game, boiling down to the good old "if you don't like it get out" argument. Granted it does saves you the trouble to adress the suggested points and reply in a constructive way (i.e. explain why you think the variant would be bad for game play, maybe propose alternatives etc.).

I never talked to balancing out the factions and vehicles so they all have the same weaponry and capabilities etc. like the Battlefield series. When I used the word "balanced" I was referring to balancing out the choices mission makers have to create diverse scenarios to vary up the experience of the player base. Having an Abrams / Bradley choice that won't be able to utilise the zoom camera will not ruin the game, it just gives players more choice in how to approach a scenario. Nobody says we should get rid of the zoom cameras for balance sake, those variants can and should have a firm place within RHS and vanilla.

Adding more choices in vehicle variants is always appreciated by mission makers and players alike. Whether or not the suggested variant is useful / makes sense from a game play stand-point is definitely open to debate.

What LMG and MMG?

My bad, I should have defined the faction: US Army LMG and MMG, 249er and 240B.

Edited by JamesClarke