I think they said it'd be the next patch, maybe. I dunno.

I don't want to be "that guy" (the idea guy) but I personally think it'd be cool to see tank desant with armored vehicles, too, now that we can fire from vehicles. Imagine seeing this roll down the street:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/M1A1_desant.JPEG (632 kB)

It's stupid for the most part (except maybe as an improvised transport), but it's awesome. It's unique, too.

I'd imagine the hardest thing about it would be creating the new animations if the existing ones don't quite fit in. Other than that I'd presume it'd be proxies and a little bit of config work to put FFV in.

Then again, I know as much as you guys do that nothing in Arma is simple at all!

that would be nice know that you can shoot back to its even better

Would you mind being a bit more specific, which faction names you mean?

In the wiki, you have classnames for soldiers, vehicles, branches, ammo and weapons.

Sure thing, in the main description of RHS they say "Fully ALiVE compatible. Many thanks goes towards ALiVE team making sure RHS Evolution can be enjoyed using ALiVE Framework!" but you need the faction name to even tell ALIVE to use them

The faction names for Ohallys Aggressors Mod is listed for easy use.

Example: -Tribal Fighters = caf_ag_me_t

-Civilians = caf_ag_me_civ

ALIVE has a option to "Force Faction" and that would mean filling in a faction name, but I cannot find any documentation on the faction names for RU or US.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

faction names for RU or US

RU - rhs_faction_vdv and rhs_faction_msv are the two main factions to use with alive.

US - rhs_faction_usarmy_wd and rhs_faction_usarmy_d (_d being desert camo)

edit: beat me to it:rolleyes:

In fact, you could have found these faction names in the RHS Documentation with the rest of faction classnames ( and other documentation related to the mod ), in case you need them in the future.

Russian factions

US factions

Edit: Added them in a more obvious way, for general audiences...

Edited by MistyRonin

I may be blind, and I didn't flip through the 61 pages of the thread, but is there any other DL file other than torrents? Checked the your website, no joy

I may be blind, and I didn't flip through the 61 pages of the thread, but is there any other DL file other than torrents? Checked the your website, no joy

I guess you want the full Escalation pack ( Russia & US ):

Check this link to find all the different download options ( including MEGA and Arma.at.ua mirrors ).

I hope it helps :)

could u added new plane such as Su 30 tandem seat and thermal optic on russian federation stuff? i believe russian already modernized their stuff on early 2011..

hello,

Is RHS: Escalation going to be in Play withSIX, or is it always going to be separate? Doesn't really matter, just making sure.

Hello everyone--one of the biggest issues many had with our first release was the overall sound quality of the mod (whether it be custom sounds or the use of vanilla ones). With the help of our newest contributor LAxemann, we're trying rectify that. Feel free to comment and make suggestions; we aim to include these sounds with our first big hotfix. :)

QYWm1e6jr8Y

Hi, nice to see progress with the mod but i can't keep this inside, it has to be said, the sounds are bad for now. I know its barely an alpha but this is not the way to go. Sounds should be done from scratch from high quality samples, and real world data and research, also with dynamics in mind. There is barely any difference from default arma 3 sounds which anyone can make combining a "house" kick with a snare , distorting it , shortening it and adding some reverb. The only one i enjoyed was the AT4 sound.

Weapons should sound unique but also realistic to SOME degree. Shortly put, the only way to hear the sound of a weapon exactly as it is is to record it with 5000$+ worth of microphones, and have professional producer grade headpones/speakers and listen to it at about the same decibel as the real thing, which is painful.

Since i don't consider this a rant as i am putting my wholehearted honesty out there and i want you guys to make an awesome mod, as everyone else here, i am willing to help you guys out IF you want it, i've got the tools, enough experience in sound production, and a lot more than just weapon sounds in case you ever need something like that. So PM me in case you are interested, and either way, i will still look forward and play this mod, good luck guys! :D

Edited by milosv123344

Hi, nice to see progress with the mod but i can't keep this inside, it has to be said, the sounds are bad for now. I know its barely an alpha but this is not the way to go. Sounds should be done from scratch from high quality samples, and real world data and research, also with dynamics in mind. There is barely any difference from default arma 3 sounds which anyone can make combining a "house" kick with a snare , distorting it , shortening it and adding some reverb. The only one i enjoyed was the AT4 sound.

How about uploading some directly comparable alternative sounds? The proof is in the hearing.

In fact, you could have found these faction names in the RHS Documentation with the rest of faction classnames ( and other documentation related to the mod ), in case you need them in the future.

Russian factions

US factions

Edit: Added them in a more obvious way, for general audiences...

Could you also list the various group classnames for scripting?

GDent: It's in PW6 already, under RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and RHS: United States Armed Forces

Edited by Madbrood
Forgot someone's username

thermal optic on russian federation stuff? i believe russian already modernized their stuff on early 2011..

There is no thermal sights on vehicles currently represented in the mod.

For example thermal sights were added in T-72 series currently used by Russian Federation Armed Forces in variants T-72B2 (which never entered service as it was too expensive modernization) and in T-72B3 (just recently put in to service and modernization is pending) with new Sosna-U sight.

There are T-90A tanks with ESSA thermal sights, but none is in the mod, the original T-90 didn't had thermal sights, only Buran-PA nightvision.

There are also T-80U variants with PLISA thermal sights, but none of these variants are in the mod.

So please bare in mind that RHS aims at realism, and if specific vehicle in reality don't have feature x or feature y, then it won't have it in the mod, simple as that.

Russian tanks that are currently in the mod, represent technology level ranging from late 1960's (basic T-80) to late 1980's (T-72B obr.1984/85/89, T-80A, T-80U), none of these vehicles had thermal sights.

Noted.

Good report, it's weird because it never happened to me in the dev branch :confused:

Thanks, probably a last little change by BIS.

Any chance we could have all the pilots in the right seat and the copilot in the left seat? I know, BIS allways put the pilot into the left side except the blackhawk, but normally the Pilot in Command sits in the right side so he can operate all the cockpit switches with his left-collective hand... Please fix the BIS NonSense :P

I'm so excited! ;)

Sling-loading don't seem to work. I.e hover over an object and doubletapping R doesnt do anything.

AFAIK it was not implemented in the initial release, you must wait for next version of the mod.

Slingloading does work, somewhat actually. You can't sling any of the RHS vehicles (Atleast, not with the RHS helicopters), however you can pick up ammo crates and a few other things, such as offroads.

GDent: It's in PW6 already, under RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and RHS: United States Armed Forces

The issue is it doesn't seem to appear in Six Updater's repo manager, so I have to manually upload and update the mods, which is kind of a pain

I tried contacting the SIX guys but I don't know if I'll receive a reply

The issue is it doesn't seem to appear in Six Updater's repo manager, so I have to manually upload and update the mods, which is kind of a pain

I tried contacting the SIX guys but I don't know if I'll receive a reply

but it is on there, just look through the list, six repo manager does it in a weird way so that capitalized comes first, scroll through and look. I can assure you its there, our community has it in our repo.

it doesn't show up in the repo manager for myself and at least one other person who replied in the SIX support page. I wonder if I did something wrong. I did look past the capital letters and through the whole list.

it doesn't show up in the repo manager for myself and at least one other person who replied in the SIX support page. I wonder if I did something wrong. I did look past the capital letters and through the whole list.

If you cant see it, just open the .yml with the a text editor like notepad++, put

- "@rhs_afrf3"

- "@rhs_usf3"

under your last required mods and save it, done, its on the preset

Hello!

I'm really liking the mod, but I've noticed an issue while playing with ALiVE. On the Russian side, namely the VVS Mi24 variants, aren't recognized as a CAS helicopters by the ALiVE Player Combat Support, leading the unit to be always combat ineffective; I have tested out the vanilla helicopters without moving the module to make sure that it wasn't a terrain issue, which it wasn't. The AH64D works fine because it is under the overall faction of US Army, however since the Russian sides are all divided up, this seems to be causing issues. I went on the ALiVE wiki and sure enough the supported factions are only the MSV, VDV and TV. I wasn't entirely sure whether to post this on the ALiVE forums, but seeing that you are the creators of this particular mod, it would make more sense to ask you. Is this a known issue, and how difficult and therefore how soon might it be fixed/supported? I really like playing as the Russians, and it just sucks to have no air support while playing ALiVE.