Been waiting for this a while and its finaly here. The only glitch that is getting on my nerves is the fact that for some reason the T 72's refuse to fire at anything unless it is staring them right in the face and even then they sometimes do not, they even ignore my commands to attack, all it does is just drive around with its turret facing the way it started the mission with, anyone had the same issue? I think it might be because of the way the commander position works in the tanks now, the AI really seems to hate RHS tanks :D. Any help would be appreciated.

I actually had that same issue, and it was with some of the BMP's aswell. I was just running with the two RHS mods, but the only time they weren't engaging was if I placed them down with Zeus. If I placed them down in the normal 2D editor, they worked fine. Not sure if that's and RHS problem or something with Zeus.

Let me know if you need more information, will try to recreate.

Atleast this problem isnt unique to me, I currently have snuffed through my mods and apparently the cause of this was blastcore, once I switched it off the T 72 started reacting normally to hostiles, the problem now is that it seems to work only on Altis, all other maps from, lets say, A3MP or even stratis still have the issue of it not engaging armour, if you want to recreate the problem, you should get blastcore and some non-vanilla map and see if the T 72's dont engage, I have also tried in 2D editor and the problem persisted (On a sidenote I really do not want to get rid of blastcore, the game just does not seem as atmospheric without it to me anymore). my thanks for trying to help.

Remember, that there is max 1620mm of frontal armor against HEAT and 1050mm against KE rounds + Kontakt-5 ERA on T80U :)

your figures are overly optimistic

And to add to that Kontakt-5 imparts a yawing effect on the Sabot of the round, to something insane like 70% or so. So the T-80U is a tough one but she ain't invincible.

true but m829a3 is a significant upgrade, specifically designed to defeat all current heavy ERA. kontakt 5 is 30 years old and US had it figured out decades ago

quite frankly the m829a3 would skewer every russian tank in the mod front to end, but as they said, the mod is still WIP. and it's probably better to leave it that way for gameplay reasons anyways until they add more modern russian armor

Atleast this problem isnt unique to me, I currently have snuffed through my mods and apparently the cause of this was blastcore, once I switched it off the T 72 started reacting normally to hostiles, the problem now is that it seems to work only on Altis, all other maps from, lets say, A3MP or even stratis still have the issue of it not engaging armour, if you want to recreate the problem, you should get blastcore and some non-vanilla map and see if the T 72's dont engage, I have also tried in 2D editor and the problem persisted (On a sidenote I really do not want to get rid of blastcore, the game just does not seem as atmospheric without it to me anymore). my thanks for trying to help.

Alright well that is really strange. For me, if you want to recreate my problem, just run with the two RHS mods, then place a character down with Zeus, then place down a Bradley or something, and a BMP and the BMP wont return fire, but the Bradley will start firing. But then if you place both down in the normal editor then they both fire at each other which is very strange. Let me know if you can recreate this because I'm thinking it might just be me for some reason.

Simply Great! Congratulations to RHS, finally we can fight a nice real modern conflict with this factions with a high quality detall level!!! :yay: THANKS!!!

quite frankly the m829a3 would skewer every russian tank in the mod front to end, but as they said, the mod is still WIP. and it's probably better to leave it that way for gameplay reasons anyways until they add more modern russian armor

quite frankly there is no evidence of that in real life. All these arguments are very speculative and always biased. So much of this kind of information is classified, that it is really impossible to claim that you know the truth, unless you have an actual video of this event on the battlefield. I have never seen these tanks face each other on any videos on the net or have I even seen this with my own eyes. Unti then, all these discussions are useless and only lead to over patriotic flag waving and insulting. Tank battles are very fun right now between these RHS tanks. I honestly wish they would keep it this way. My tank was hit couple of times when the projectile just brushed the armor and did no damage. Other times my armor actually was useful for a change. I skipped work today just to enjoy this mod. So grateful to the RHS team for this release.

I came to this thread to report bugs, so I'll focus on that and skip the gushing about how gobsmackingly incredible this mod is. Although I will give two thumbs up to the damage system for vehicles. HMGs are viable against APCs (something not even ACE could fix with regards to A2's MLODs), and the overall damage handling is far superior to the initial RHS Greenfor tank and APC release. However, currently it can be a bit predictable. Crew bails out, then is killed by the explosion that follows 4 seconds later, like clockwork.

And thank you so much for making the Grad less laser-accurate!

Anyways, on to the bugs. You guys should have a bug tracker if you don't already. It must be nigh impossible to keep track of all this content.

*AK-74 has almost no 'zoom' in the sight picture, compared to all other rifles. This gives Russian soldiers an artificial disadvantage in ranged combat, as if they are nearsighted or something.

*M240 magazines vanish when the gunner tries to reload.

*M113 M2 sight has very bad sight picture and little zoom. Please replace with Offroad M2 sight if possible.

*Russian SPG's thermobaric(?) round is very glitchy. It vanishes in mid air if you switch units, often explodes twice, etc. If you have two in the air at the same time, the second tends to blow up in the barrel. And the last time I tried to fire this doomsday device, it crashed my ArmA so hard I had to reboot. That NEVER happens in this game. Also, some of the other shells simply drop out of the barrel with no velocity.

*And could you perhaps name the howitzer shells something normal? Russian doesn't have a letter W. Are you using the Polish designation or something else odd?

*Infantry don't engage M113 gunner with small arms, as they do in A2.

*BMD-4A tries to engage tanks (a T-55 in my case) with HE rounds, not cannon or ATGM.

*Don't forget to add those RHS Static Weapons to Escalation!

*Helicopters seem way too tough. A hind should not take a PCML round to the nose and keep flying nonchalantly.

*Russian smoke grenades are labeled as frags.

*Other small arms have the wrong calibers listed.

*Many vehicle weapons are still very crackly, with distortion in the samples.

*Grenadier loadouts should include more 40mm HE.

*Ammo crates are insufficient in quantity of ammo.

*Many soldiers (such as Russian light AT) complain of low ammo with default loadout.

*GL slights could include more zoom for reading the range gradations.

Also, are the unusable 12.7mm rooftop MGs and Russian APC gadgetry (the mortar, especially) WiP? I'm missing the firepower.

Is there any chance of us getting a BRDM or humvees/trucks with HMGs mounted? I needs me some light recon.

Is anyone planning to release an RPK-74, or maybe AKM for Russian special forces types?

Will this update be posted on Armaholic at some point?

Changelogs would help non-SiX users be aware of fixed bugs and prevent redundant reports.

Edited by maturin

Version 0.3.0.1 is the current RHS build but with fixed keys. It's already on Armaholic.

So what servers are running RHS mod now? Are there any public or are they all private/clans?

Ok anyone else getting a issue with the sounds in multiplayer? my friends and i cannot hear each others weapons this includes both US and Russian weapons and it goes to the point where it was also affecting HLC,FHQ,RH Pistols, we decided to test to see what was causing it, and RHS weapons don't work for us at all, even with using just CBA,MCC,and RHSAFRF and RHSUSF. and still the same problem. even redownload the entire mod again and we cannot hear each others mod, its a group of 5 of us. Also would it matter if the server was still running all the other mods, even the client is not?

Anyone plan or is working on a CSE replacement config for the medics?

I'll talk to Alex, see what he thinks. I could see different approaches, from optional config entries (cse_isMedicClass=1; <- Vanilla would simply ignore it) to a config patch. It depends on what the RHS Team is comfortable with.

From our point of view, it needs to be optional, so other total-gameplay-mods (like AGM) don't start having issues due to it.

* some helicopters get too little damage

* Most russian infantryguns have too little recoil and are so too accurate. Most mods out there try to be balanced with vanilla. RH Packs are already better then vanilla but RHS russian guns are, for balance reasons, too strong. While standing its impossible to fire like this with all other mods. Yea i know, russian guns are the best ... :P

* Mi8 crosshair is not perfectly set? the fixed rocket pods dont hit where i aim.

* Helicoptercrashes causes sometimes CTD for the pilots/gunner.

beside that its really great, hope to see a ongoing cooperation with other mods like AGM (they already have tire repair function) and even other content mods. People want also play RHS with BwMod oder FFAA or ...., so there need to be a balance. Up-to-date or even prototypes cant be weaker then 30 year old guns. Perhaps your cooperation with TFR could lead to a more simulated way, much weaker sound quality of radio stuff e.g. :bb:

Has anyone else had the RHS+All in arma terrian pack+Xmed make the turrets on every RHS vehicle non existant? It completely breaks all the vehicles turrets. Remove either AiATP or xmed and everything works just fine.

quite frankly there is no evidence of that in real life. All these arguments are very speculative and always biased. So much of this kind of information is classified, that it is really impossible to claim that you know the truth, unless you have an actual video of this event on the battlefield. I have never seen these tanks face each other on any videos on the net or have I even seen this with my own eyes. Unti then, all these discussions are useless and only lead to over patriotic flag waving and insulting. Tank battles are very fun right now between these RHS tanks. I honestly wish they would keep it this way. My tank was hit couple of times when the projectile just brushed the armor and did no damage. Other times my armor actually was useful for a change. I skipped work today just to enjoy this mod. So grateful to the RHS team for this release.

Actually it is truth. Even Russians admitt that Kontakt-5 is obsolete and will be easy defeated by even M829A2.

We also know exact mechanism in which modern APFSDS can defeat ERA like Kontakt-5 by just... not initiating it.

However the mod armor system probably needs more tweaking, Reyhard is still working on it and I actually need to sit and work on avaiable data to figure out something closer to the truth.

For example in my opinion, front hull armor of the Abrams tanks is still slightly too weak, I actually had opportunity to inspect a NATO class MBT with a WarPac class MBT (these were Leopard 2A4, Leopard 2A5 and PT-91) and when you stand in person just next to them, just then realize how massively thick are special armor modules on NATO MBT's compared to a T-72 class tank. And make a note that Leopard 2's frontal armor is actually thinner than that of M1A1 and M1A2, especially on the hull front.

Of course this is only a physical thickness and there is also the rolled homogeneus armor equivalent protection, and here it starts to be funny.

Because to calculate how good the armor is, we can use thickness efficency values for different materials. The standard RHA TE = 1.0 vs KE ammo, however there are different kind of steel armors like high hardness steel with TE = 1.2 vs KE, or tripple hardness steel with TE = 1.3 vs KE.

So calculation here is easy, for example:

50mm RHA x 1.0 = 50mm.

However if we replace RHA with for example HHS.

50mm HHS x 1.2 = 60mm.

Thanks to this method you can create a simplified model for vehicles armor protection, however allways remember, it will allways be simplified!

So we can play with it a bit. Let's use T-72B obr.1985 front hull armor model. We know how it armor looks like in the front hull.

60mm RHA +15mm air gap + 15mm RHA/HHS +15mm air gap + 15mm RHA/HHS + 15mm air gap + 15mm RHA/HHS + 15mm air gap + 50mm RHA.

Against KE ammo we will ignore air gaps and just calculate steel layers, we will assume that interlayers are made from HHS steel and adjust properly it's TE values.

60mm + 18mm + 18mm + 18mm + 50mm = 164mm, but this is of course thickness when armor model is vertical, let's incline it to 68 degrees just like in real life.

So if my calculations are correct, 164mm @ 68 degrees = ~530mm vs KE and the physical armor thickness should be ~587mm when adding air gaps.

Armor of other T tanks is similiar and it's physical thickness is no larger than ~600mm, on the other hand me and my collegues estimated (because we could not meassure it in real life obviously) frontal hull special armor module of the Abrams tank to be ~700mm thick, we estimated it by comparing the hull and the module size with Leopard 2 which was meassured in real life by one of my collegues, and results for Leopard 2 were around ~650mm.

And there are of course other materials, especially about T tanks, that for some reason were declassified, like factory drawings showing thickness and exact placement of different kind of materials inside armor cavities. We can for example compare these with assumed armor design (or known armor design) to their western counterparts and make some conclusions.

It is definately a fact that T tanks does not have better special armor than their western counterparts, but don't make wrong conclusions, their protection isn't either a bad or weak protection, it's just different and achieved by different means, and have different characteristics.

Actually even Reyhard pointed out for example during his work, that T tanks have very weak coverage of their ERA, and that's true, for example Kontakt-5 on T-72B obr.1989 will protect less than 50% of vehicles surface, if I am not mistaken, it will be around 45% for vehicles frontal projection. Add to this a fact that modern APFSDS ammo like M829A2 or M829A3 just punch through without even detonating ERA, does not help either.

http://btvt.narod.ru/raznoe/dz_2014/dz_2014.htm

Here is great article all should read about this subject, however it is only in russian so, people not speaking this language should use translator. But it explains a lot.

As said my Clan / Community is testing this mod in the next days (and hopefully weeks). Right now we use the following setup of mods on the server.

• ALive
  • All In ArmA Terrain Pack
  • Blastcore A3
  • BW Mod A3
  • CAF Agressors (+ Audiofix)
  • CBA3
  • Chinook Pack
  • Combat Space Enhancement
  • JSRS2
  • RHS Armed Forces Of The Russian Federation
  • RHS United States Armed Forces
  • Shacktack Stamina Bar
  • Shacktack Fireteam Hud
  • Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Biggest issue we have encountered yesterday, was that for some reason CSE was not properly working anymore. Meaning you could not use the medic system, rest weapons etc.

As said my Clan / Community is testing this mod in the next days (and hopefully weeks). Right now we use the following setup of mods on the server.

• ALive
  • All In ArmA Terrain Pack
  • Blastcore A3
  • BW Mod A3
  • CAF Agressors (+ Audiofix)
  • CBA3
  • Chinook Pack
  • Combat Space Enhancement
  • JSRS2
  • RHS Armed Forces Of The Russian Federation
  • RHS United States Armed Forces
  • Shacktack Stamina Bar
  • Shacktack Fireteam Hud
  • Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Biggest issue we have encountered yesterday, was that for some reason CSE was not properly working anymore. Meaning you could not use the medic system, rest weapons etc.

Works fine here using all of the above except the Stamina Bar, Chinook Pack and ALiVE. If you could try some permutations of those mods being enabled / disabled, that would certainly help. If it does end up being CSE's fault, please report it in the CSE thread, or better yet on our bug tracker, because then it doesn't belong in this thread.

Edited by janus0104

The issue with CSE was most likely caused by something else. The last days were pretty update intensive and I am quite sure it was just a misplaced module on the mission. We are right now setting up the server from scratch and also kick out the Chinook Pack since RHS has a Chinook.

m4 compact assault rifle without full auto? or i doing something wrong?^^

edit:

ah okay i see, these are the old ones

Edited by TeilX

Guys can anyone confirm that these units are all recognized very differently from other units in game?

For example,iv tried a few scripts/mods for AI artillery fire-Dosent work with these russian artillery pieces,also all the units seem to register as infantry in mods like mcc,and upsmon.

@MarcusCunningham

I have recreated the ,,BMP,, bug aswell and looks like I have the same issue, in zeus the BMP does not react to any hostilities but in 2D editor it attacks on sight, even without blastcore, really strange, looks like I'll have to hold off on using RHS Escalation for now, can't have units not doing anything to eachother. :D

Edited by ArmedONE

So after playing the mod for a while I decided to do a list on what bugs me the most as well. It will be focused on the vehicles.

Anyway, its not very long and some points will probably be known already.

• Suspension on the wheeled vehicles is way to stiff or "fast"
  • Brakes are too weak on many wheeled vehicles
  • Car windows are too shiny, making it impossible to see where you are going when going away from the sun, ArmA 2 had that problem, but the ArmA 3 vehicles don't. (Same goes for helicopter sights)
  • The turning circles are off
  • The engine sound levels are off on some vehicles, destroying your ears

The springStrength should be a bit lower and the springDamperRate should be calculated automatically by the engine (Unless you really feel like you need to adjust it, but the engine generally does a good job).

Oh yeah and of course the way the AKs are held and how the head rests on the very end of the stock

Edited by beastcat

Hi!

Something strange happends to me with RHS sights. With ironsight (Ak-74M principally) and zoom optic (not redot or holo neither ACOG) the weapon view is slowly but continually zooming until it reach the max zoom.

Feature ? (tunneling vision with concentration) or bug ? Maybe conflict with another mod.

By the way i second the motion about the in view of the hummer. A bit too high. Can't view through side windows.

I think there is no mod were so tested by community :)

Just noticed that Escalation doesn't change vanilla interface and doesn't replace default loading screens as it did in Arma 2. It is awesome that you guys refrained from this practice, thank you so much! :)

And while we're on a subject, thank you for not enforcing "correct gameplay" down player's throat. Figured out once again that we never know the value of water till the well is dry. :D

Keep up the awesome work, totally looking forward to next releases!

Edited by Semiconductor
Grammar. I'm sure it's still terrible though.