Currently, the USF pack has a dependency on the AFRF pack.

You must have both for now. (I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to have both, anyways...)

Thanks, i thought they were each standalone and the only reason is because i was going to use in single player missions that already have set enemy's so it'd have been useless to me.

Fantastic work all around, thanks guys!

The only issue I find is some visual glitches with the infantry, the vests in particular. They're tailored to fit their dedicated units only, making it difficult to, for example, kit out civilians with the russian vests to make insurgents or rebels with captured or surplus equipment without a lot of ugly clipping. The IOTV and the US Uniform also suffer from some warping issues.

I love the tank FCSs and the infantry weapons and attachments along with that, very beautiful. Will the uniforms + kit be adjusted in the future to possibly fit better with the stock units (Civvies, AAF, FIA and Blufor in particular, not CSAT)?

I have uploaded some pictures here: http://imgur.com/ebX6S7r,wLj5YBo,kGQmGLd,LjzaG0c,4Dmzewp (1: Shoulders warping on the IOTV, 2: example of Vest clipping, 3: same with different example Unit. Only default Unit that does not clip is Blufor T-Shirt guy I think. 4: Transparent inside of russian vest. 5: Model glitches and warping on IOTV)

Congrats on the quick release, and many thanks for these superb units!

To explain, as I am helping Reyhard doing this as a "guy who knows something". ;)

Vehicular optics are realistic, and are meant to be realistic, which means it will look like, if possible behave like, and have zoom like in reality.

So it means that for example optics of T-72 tanks are... junk, just like in real life, seriously sometimes I wonder who was a genius who developed optics for a tank, with fixed zoom, which is not a large zoom, and later expect that gunner will be able to hit anything reliably at todays engagement distances.

On the other hand you will love optics of M1A2SEPv1 (and hopefully other modern M1 variants) when and if Reyhards work will be successfull. To give you some idea how it looks and to compare with Russian tanks, M1A2SEPv1 have - 3x and 10x zoom for day channel in primary sight, 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom for it's thermal channel in primary sight and also for tank commander CITV (if you ask yourself why thermal sight have greater zoom variety than day sight, it's simple, in reality the primary sight is thermal, all other sights are just backups, for example day sight is used mostly for target recognition if it is immposible to recognize what you are aiming to by using thermals) + auxiliary sight with 8x zoom and unity sight with 1x zoom. Older M1 variants have only 3x and 10x zoom for it's primary sights day and thermal channel.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3333/57876747620f8e795de2o.jpg

This is gunner forward instruments panel with his eye oculars, this model can be found in M1A1SA, M1A1FEP and M1A2SEPv1/v2. From left to right - gunner auxiliary sight (GAS) with 8x zoom, gunner primary sight (GPS) day channel with 3x and 10x zoom, above you can see unity sight with 1x zoom, and to the right GPS thermal channel with 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom.

Ahh, I gotcha. You're Damian from tank-net, correct? I'm a fan of your posts over there!

Yeah it was mainly the different IR zoom levels for the M1A2 etc that I was curious about. The ones in Steel Beasts Pro are absolutely unparalleled in terms of zoom (well except maybe next to the Apache Longbow :P). Something like that in this mod would be perfect.

OOOooooooooo I would love this!..... Obviously i think there is still some work to do though before we get there?

guess you're right. just hope some fine gentleman will make the rep pack eventuall;)

Fantastic work all around, thanks guys!

The only issue I find is some visual glitches with the infantry, the vests in particular. They're tailored to fit their dedicated units only, making it difficult to, for example, kit out civilians with the russian vests to make insurgents or rebels with captured or surplus equipment without a lot of ugly clipping. The IOTV and the US Uniform also suffer from some warping issues.

I love the tank FCSs and the infantry weapons and attachments along with that, very beautiful. Will the uniforms + kit be adjusted in the future to possibly fit better with the stock units (Civvies, AAF, FIA and Blufor in particular, not CSAT)?

I have uploaded some pictures here: http://imgur.com/ebX6S7r,wLj5YBo,kGQmGLd,LjzaG0c,4Dmzewp (1: Shoulders warping on the IOTV, 2: example of Vest clipping, 3: same with different example Unit. Only default Unit that does not clip is Blufor T-Shirt guy I think. 4: Transparent inside of russian vest. 5: Model glitches and warping on IOTV)

Congrats on the quick release, and many thanks for these superb units!

Which is logical since bis models are binarized and we cant weigh our equipment to them. But even bis equipment is not interchangeable with all thwir models. This is logical. One size cant fit all in this modular system.

Hey! I'm trying to reproduce that glitch that you described and showed in the screen ( the shoulders wrapping on the IOTV ) , but I'm unable to. Are you using any mods? And what version of A3 are you playing?

Ahh, I gotcha. You're Damian from tank-net, correct? I'm a fan of your posts over there!

Yeah it was mainly the different IR zoom levels for the M1A2 etc that I was curious about. The ones in Steel Beasts Pro are absolutely unparalleled in terms of zoom (well except maybe next to the Apache Longbow :P). Something like that in this mod would be perfect.

Yup that's me... damn I start to be famous (or rather infamous, as I have opinion of an arsehole :P).

And yes, this is the aim to create realistic optics and FCS for M1 series, however I am not a coder so, this will be Reyhards magic, I provide only real life data and my knowledge.

Which is logical since bis models are binarized and we cant weigh our equipment to them. But even bis equipment is not interchangeable with all thwir models. This is logical. One size cant fit all in this modular system.

True that, I apologize. I didn't want to suggest poor work or come off as entitled, so if I did that I want to correct that.

Hey! I'm trying to reproduce that glitch that you described and showed in the screen ( the shoulders wrapping on the IOTV ) , but I'm unable to. Are you using any mods? And what version of A3 are you playing?

I am using the most recent version of the beta branch, and I am running joint rails, CBA, StalkerGBs Infantry and a handful of small equipment mods as well as the HLC weapons packs and Trixies UK weapons. I will go and disable everything to see if the error persists and report back, it might really be something on my end.

Are the AKs final? The model is really nice, but the way the character is holding it is really really strange and when you aim down the sights the head for some reason rests on the very end of the stock.

Heres what I mean:

p63lcjma.jpg

There's a handguard for a reason. So yeah, will this get fixed?

Edit: Also could we get some plum colored AKs? :D

Edited by beastcat

Hello guys ! Thank you for this mod, but i have a problem with my Vilayer Server, i upload RHSAFRF and RHSUSF , i put the key in /Keys folder, but when i try to join the server, i'm kicked without reason ... How can i fix this problem ?

The FCS lead is allways applied when you aims at moving target, your tank is moving or both. It is done that way so you can keep your crosshair on target while FCS will calculate lead automatically

Yes that what i would have assumed what the FCS does but when i pointed the crosshair on a moving tank (2 occasions) it didnt shoot correctly. Not sure why. And when i lased a target at 1.3km and shot HE frag the round impacted way earlier. Again no idea why.

After a 1h30 session (heavy metal completed and that town assault mission started) i got a crash. RPT log is spammed be these lines:

c:\w\dev\futura\lib\shape\material.cpp(1986)(func: TexMaterial::PreloadData)  [AssertUSR]  MainThread=1392 Group: Graphic Area of texture is less than 0, missing UV set?: uvStage=1, value=-1000, model='rhsafrf\addons\rhs_weapons\acc\scopes\pgo7v\rhs_pgo7v.p3d'
c:\w\dev\futura\lib\shapedraw.cpp(1682)(func: Shape::PrepareTextures)  [AssertUSR]  ThreadID=7044 Group: Graphic Area of texture is less than 0, missing UV set?: uvStage=1, value=-1000, model='rhsafrf\addons\rhs_weapons\acc\scopes\pgo7v\rhs_pgo7v.p3d'
c:\w\dev\futura\lib\shape\material.cpp(1986)(func: TexMaterial::PreloadData)  [AssertUSR]  MainThread=1392 Group: Graphic Area of texture is less than 0, missing UV set?: uvStage=1, value=-1000, model='rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry\gear\head\rhs_balaclava.p3d'
c:\w\dev\futura\lib\shapedraw.cpp(1682)(func: Shape::PrepareTextures)  [AssertUSR]  MainThread=1392 Group: Graphic Area of texture is less than 0, missing UV set?: uvStage=1, value=-1000, model='rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry\gear\head\rhs_balaclava.p3d'

the rpt log of that session is 500k (thousand!) lines and is 126mb... I'd say that needs a fix.

Crash line is

=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 01168DFB
c:\w\dev\futura\lib\shape\material.cpp(1986)(func: TexMaterial::PreloadData)  [AssertUSR]  MainThread=1392 Group: Graphic Area of texture is less than 0, missing UV set?: uvStage=1, value=-1000, model='rhsafrf\addons\rhs_infantry\gear\head\rhs_balaclava.p3d'
graphics:  D3D11
resolution:  1680x1050x32

Yes that what i would have assumed what the FCS does but when i pointed the crosshair on a moving tank (2 occasions) it didnt shoot correctly. Not sure why. And when i lased a target at 1.3km and shot HE frag the round impacted way earlier. Again no idea why.

Remember that RV engine was never meant to simulate real tank FCS, so what Reyhard did is closer to that but can still be glitchy.

Are the AKs final? The model is really nice, but the way the character is holding it is really really strange and when you aim down the sights the head for some reason rests on the very end of the stock.

Heres what I mean:

+1. the ak grip is somewhat distracting, with seeing the dude's thumb sticking out and all. doesn't look very comfortable either to be supporting the gun by the magazine

EDIT: another problem with having units hold weapons at the mag is their arms clip through their bodies. please consider changing the grip position

Edited by naizarak

That's a big problem of US Army, because standard infantry squad is 9 men. There were different ideas, like reducing mech infantry squad to 6 men. However it was considered as suboptimal, this is why decision was made to modernize M2 by using MTC30 unmanned turret, so more space inside M2 can be obtained.

Thanks for info. Sounds like the current concept of the M2 is not ideal in all aspects.

This is awesome all the models are impressive, amazing job guys! the only fault is the weapons sound ! Why they are not compatible with JSRS ? :(

I love this mod! It is currently my favorite and I will be awaiting updates!

One question, does anyone know if there is a script or something to change the AH-64's skin to the silver with shark teeth that showed in a a screenshot earlier?

Champaigne! At last, I can play Arma 3 the way I like it, with credible units! Thanks a lot to the RHS Team :D

I love this mod! It is currently my favorite and I will be awaiting updates!

One question, does anyone know if there is a script or something to change the AH-64's skin to the silver with shark teeth that showed in a a screenshot earlier?

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/AFRF_Decals

not sure if this system works with US units currently

The look of things are really great, but the sounds will keep me from playing the mod :-( also, having problem with both ALIVE and MCC to work with this mod, and as i primarily uses these for my mission settings, that also will keep me from playing the mod. But i have to say that the units really looks great, and it feels like there have been alot of effort in doing the units. But think i will bee waiting for there the updates before i will be playing this :-)

I hope you can change the AK74M firing sound a little, you can hear a bit of static after a shot.

Heres what I mean:

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141028/p63lcjma.jpg

Yes the rifles seem to be held way to far away from you.