Absolutely amazing work. I've only fooled around in the editor but the amount of content is so great to see. Hope to see you guys continue working on this and updating the US side (most notably in my opinion) infantry camo.

Great job yet again. Our community will definitely use this.

very nice mod that was sorely needed in arma 3. based on what i've seen in the make arma contest i think this project easily deserves a top 3 finish. however i did notice a few problems from a quick editor session(vanilla arma + rhs)

-bmd's and bmp's would get stuck in water and not move

-vehicle turrets would sometimes freeze and stop moving

-russian tank FCS keybinds outlined in the wiki didn't work for appropriate tanks, such as "g" for reset computer and "b" for manual input(im using default keybinds)

-commander machine guns on russian tanks seem unusable

-mouse input sensitivity for aircraft is extremely low

I have a small question, will there be any Fire From Vehicle positions on the Hind and other aircraft/vehicles. Awesome work so far, everyone in the team has done a great job.

Edit... Any place to see full list of weapons/vehicles. Like how there's both sides. Makes it more modern day

I was a little confused with the amount of menus for the Russian side in the editor (I just went.. "WHERE IS ZÉ SOVIET ARMOR?!")

Moi Kristian!

I hope the mod's documentation website will help you a bit to know which Russian faction is which, and what kind of assets will you find in each.

Check this link to see the different Russian Army Factions

I have a small question, will there be any Fire From Vehicle positions on the Hind and other aircraft/vehicles. Awesome work so far, everyone in the team has done a great job.

page1, post1:

Future-proof: sling-loading will work once they make their way to the stable branch. If you are playing on development branch you should have these features enabled already! FFV will come later as releasing it now would cause problems for those of you playing on the stable branch.
Edit... Any place to see full list of weapons/vehicles. Like how there's both sides. Makes it more modern day

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/RHS:AFRF

http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/RHS:USAF

very nice mod that was sorely needed in arma 3. based on what i've seen in the make arma contest i think this project easily deserves a top 3 finish. however i did notice a few problems from a quick editor session(vanilla arma + rhs)

-bmd's and bmp's would get stuck in water and not move

-commander machine guns on russian tanks seem unusable

1) This is BIS bug, no tracked vehicles can actually swim properly, want a fix? Ask BIS.

2) I hope you understand that this mod aims at realism, some tanks have indeed commander machine guns, but these can be only used when commander is unbuttoned up. Now because of ArmA engine limitations and how these machine gun mounts work in reality, making these machine guns to work properly might be difficult or even impossible task. For example T-80U commander machine gun mount was designed by complete moron, honestly I don't know if it is even possible to use that mg in any practical and safe way on battlefield in reality.

Edited by Damian90

What Pufu already answered ( ninja! ), also have in mind that I'll keep expanding those lists.

Right now you should already be able to find at least the vehicles' and light weapons' class-names.

If there's anything missing or incorrect, feel free to PM me :)

RHS Documentation

Sure, some vehicles have CSWs that the vehicle commander / loader is unable to use,

Was a design choice.

For the U.S. tanks, the M1A1 commander's M2 can only be fired from inside the vehicle and loader's M240 can only be fired when turned out. For the M1A2, you must be turned out for both positions.

For the Russian tanks, what Damian90 said...

What I love the most is opening doors, wind-wipers and those small things, love what you guys have brought us!

Some of the units for both sides are missing backpacks and look a little bare, especially the Russian ones. Any plans to change that?

Other then that, this is one of the most amazing projects i have seen. Congrats!

Few things I guess I can comment on,

1. Custom sounds for USAF weapons (M4, M249, M240) still WIP, coming shortly?

2. IOTV with crotch flap in the works?

3. Non crye precision knee pad uniforms also in the works?

4. Army vehicles that are in desert coyote also coming shortly?

Also, there is a weird distortion at the end of the AK-74M gunshot sound, I hope to see that fixed soon hopefully.

4. Army vehicles that are in desert coyote also coming shortly?

What the hell is desert coyote pattern for vehicles?

There is no such thing in reality. US Armed Forces use currently only - 3 color woodland, desert tan, and very rarely olive drab, there are also additional patterns that are very, very, extremely very extremely rarely used for training purpose mostly at Fort Irwin NTC.

What the hell is desert coyote pattern for vehicles?

There is no such thing in reality. US Armed Forces use currently only - 3 color woodland, desert tan, and very rarely olive drab, there are also additional patterns that are very, very, extremely very extremely rarely used for training purpose mostly at Fort Irwin NTC.

Excuse me then, desert tan I meant to say.

There are vehicles in desert tan allready.

Important Note!!!

US armored vehicles are still WIP, for example Abrams tanks does not have fully modelled FCS and optics are not in their final stage, so many things will change with future patches.

There are vehicles in desert tan allready.

Yup, you're right, I wasn't looking hard enough. Once again my apologies.

Excuse me then, desert tan I meant to say.

Hi,

I guess you mean for US Army vehicles. In that case, practically all ground vehicles have a "desert/tan" version ( can be found in the editor faction US ( Army - Desert ) )

You'll also find a desert version of the few USMC vehicles available in the editor listed as US ( USMC - Desert ).

I hope it helps :)

I'd like to note one thing. I have always believed, that the bat emblem is an unofficial symbol of reconnaissance units in general, used mostly by regular army reconnaissance units, while GRU (except for one infamous example) prefers to use its official emblem - a carnation with a three-flamed grenade.

I'd like to note one thing. I have always believed, that the bat emblem is an unofficial symbol of reconnaissance units in general, used mostly by regular army reconnaissance units, while GRU (except for one infamous example) prefers to use its official emblem - a carnation with a three-flamed grenade.

The decals just mean to be an extra customization resource for mission makers, not to be 100% faithful to reality :)

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography

The decals just mean to be an extra customization resource for mission makers, not to reflect 100% fidelity

I know that it's basically a non-issue, I just had to point out that an unofficial emblem somehow made its way into a bunch of legit, official ones. Just couldn't resist the nitpicking urge.

Only had time for a very quick look so far but mad props on the quality RHS. Finally ArmA is returned to the modern day!

Also, what sounds are you guys using? Have yall considered JSRS?

Well I'm using JSRS so the sounds are replaced by them for me.

However I know a couple of us have already started looking into custom sounds for a few of the weapons, we want them as well, i'm sure eventually for all the weapons, just didn't happen in time for this first release.

Edited by Sabre

Well I'm using JSRS so the sounds are replaced by them for me.

However I know a couple of us have already started looking into custom sounds for a few of the weapons, we want them as well, i'm sure eventually for all the weapons, just didn't happen in time for this first release.

Does jsrs for arma III replace the sounds for the weapons?