LyotchikSniper, it is fantastic MOD! I imagine this old looking locomotive in IFA3. Your MOD on best maps made ever for the ARMA. That would be ARMA hit.

This looks great Lyotchik.

Will damage or collisions affect the train? Will it be possible to set up sabotage missions to blow it off the rails with a satchel etc?

bullet purveyor , Our roadmap has this point. We already have algorithm of real-time  removal and addition of waypoints.

How does the trains interact with environment? Will it be possible to blow up or damage them? If not classified, what you done to the train and railways in your internal tests and how it behaved?

Well, trains blow by themselves from time to time :)
Seriously though, we already made dynamic railways damage system. This means, that if you blow up railway or bridge, script will remove closest connection point and train will derail. I already made the particle effects for train explosion, smoke etc. You will be able to destroy armed locomotives as well. But you know how vehicle  collisions work in Arma — one time it is perfectly fine, second time the whole thing glicth out.

• Like 1

looks fantastic well done, I noticed the old Arma 2 locomotive in one vid, would you guys be releasing this at all in the future? If so I would be adding  train tracks to Australia island as that loco is very similar to the trains used here for pulling ore.

Auss Yes, we are working on this locomotives. Last video about A2 loco: 

p.s. I advice you don't use standart A2 rails at your map. Game have lighting bug with it. If you want, I can make fixed rails for your map. 
  • Like 5

You have made my day my friend, this is indeed awesome news I cant wait :) yes please for new rails, this is fantastic!!! 

• Like 1

Really cant wait to place a railroad on my terrain i am working on, it looks so awesome. And maybe you can talk to NeoArmaggedon (the guy from Mapbuilder) to see if he can intergrate a track laying tool into Mapbuilder.

Can it derail? Can it be destroyed? Etc. Etc.

Yes. Yes. No. No. :)

Really cant wait to place a railroad on my terrain i am working on, it looks so awesome. And maybe you can talk to NeoArmaggedon (the guy from Mapbuilder) to see if he can intergrate a track laying tool into Mapbuilder.

Roads can be made by any tool. Simulator don't care about it. The main thing - to make it look good.

Right now I worry about how the game will react to the generation of thousands objects-rails by script. How long must be rails.

We also plan to make tool for transferring generated rail objects to WRP.

• Like 1

i was planning to add your rails to xcam, then binarize them onto the island do you think this would break the mod? 

Just found this topic, this is so amazing !

Really nice work so far !

Few questions i have : how does it handle intersection ? Is it planned ? Or does the train can just stay on 1 "line" ?