Sign in to follow this  
IndeedPete

Shutting up the AI - Once Again

G'day!

I've dug up old threads from A2 mostly where this has been covered a million times. Unfortunately, known solutions doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm trying to shut up the AI (and the player) during a cutscene with enemies near-by. They keep blabbering enemy movement during a scripted conversation, which is kind of annoying.

I've tried the whole package but none of these seem to have any effect in Arma 3:

enableSentences false;
enableRadio false;
player disableConversation true;

Does anyone happen to know a quick and clean solution? Thanks in advance!

_oldspeaker = speaker _unit;
_unit setSpeaker "NoVoice";

Then after cutscene set back the old speaker.

Been using this for K9 units (dogs spawned as units, back in the days when they didn't mess with animal movement).

Should do the trick.

Cheers

Uh yeah, I saw that one too. But I went for separate groups for both the AI and the player. They just rejoin when the cutscene is over and everything's fine now, thank you anyway.

I still wonder why the commands are not working, maybe they're broken? Is there a ticket already?

I still wonder why the commands are not working, maybe they're broken? Is there a ticket already?

No idea, never used them before except the nospeaker one.

Stopped wondering about non working commands some time ago. Had a FSM for K9 units spotting hostiles etc, some patch broke them, they won't move anymore, tried every single command, heh.

Work in progress anyway,

Cheers

Heya matey! I've found that sometimes enableSentences needs 'reviving'. Perhaps use it at the end of each bit of dialogue? Don't seem to have any issues my end, at present. Bit odd though! :p

I've tried to revive it after certain functions like BIS_fnc_blackOut / blackIn or BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder but it didn't help. Since the cutscene is at the beginning of the mission, the first thing you hear when the curtain opens is, "Enemy man 15.326 metres ahead!" Nothing helped so far, except for Grumpy's solution or my group separation. It's okay now, I think. But I doubt that this need for revive is on purpose. Quite annoying and surely worth a ticket, don't you think?

Shouldn't enableSentences be expanded and look similar to this: enableSentences [<radio>,<speech>]?

Certainly worth a ticket! Maybe it sneaked in with 1.48