whiztler

ImageToPAA won't convert images

I am having issues with ImageToPaa since 1.48. I create two custom texture files in PS6. The images are exported as PNG to a specific folder I use for PAA conversions.

In ImageToPaa I:

1. Select the source directory and make sure both PNG files are selected
  2. Click check image list (files pass the check)
  3. Click on Process Files

The result is always: failed to move and failed to process.

Steps I have taken:

1. Verify integrity of tool cache (Steam)
  2. Tried JPG instead of PNG
  3. Enabled and disabled 'Strict naming chart'
  4. Change destination directory
  5. Restarted ARMA3 Tools
  6. Restarted computer

Screenshot: kXHAEx6.jpg

• Like 1

use proper suffixes for the files.

make sure all your files are in 2^n format (128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 etc or 512x1024 1024x2048 etc)

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue too. Everything is right, sizes and suffixes. Even the JPEGs are not converting. I used this tool a lot before, and I don't know what is happening now. I re-installed several times, and the same error keeps happening. My OS is 64 bits.

EDIT: I found the problem. The image on the PSD file must have  8bit channels not 16 or 32.

• Like 1

I have problem converting JPG 256x256 size file into PAA. Same as on first post screen, runing on 64bit OS.

I have problem converting JPG 256x256 size file into PAA. Same as on first post screen, runing on 64bit OS.

Personally i don't use this tool (ive been modding since ofp, this tool didnt exist before). What i tend to do is open the image i want in a image editor, save to .tga then open in texview2 and then save to .paa

• Like 1

It worked i think in texview (will need to check in game),  but you could delete imagetopaa from tools as it dont work.

[...] but you could delete imagetopaa from tools as it dont work.

It works fine for me - User error does not mean a problem with the program.

Slightly modifying the steps outlined by MegaGoth over in this thread I've also got it working with a right-click 'Send To' menu entry and it works fine (provided the source file is correctly setup - usually as a 24 or 32 bit TGA).

Stop trying to convert JPGs as they're shit quality.

It works fine for me - User error does not mean a problem with the program.

Slightly modifying the steps outlined by MegaGoth over in this thread I've also got it working with a right-click 'Send To' menu entry and it works fine (provided the source file is correctly setup - usually as a 24 or 32 bit TGA).

Stop trying to convert JPGs as they're shit quality.

I'm writing about basic GUI. It not work, i created JPG, that was on all requirements and it wasnt working. Everywhere is writed it convert JPG, so it is not working as it should, it need to be reported.

For converting too .paa i use gimp with the .paa plugin installed.

Maybe this helps someone to get it work easier

On 7/13/2021 at 4:05 PM, sarogahtyp said:

For converting too .paa i use gimp with the .paa plugin installed.

Maybe this helps someone to get it work easier

This worked for me, I've just starting out modding this game after being used to Halo Custom Edition and seem to hit endless brick walls when it comes to tools and trying to figure out configs and scripts etc... You definitely saved me from ripping more hair out on this torturous journey, thanks 😂