Sign in to follow this  
Kingsley1997

Client-Side Virtual Arsenal Problem

I'm trying to make the virtual arsenal only show items for certain people. The process I want is the player clicks my custom action called "VIRTUAL ARSENAL" and then it will go to the server, get their player data from the DB, check which role they are and then once it has their role it can choose whether or not to show items for example someone who isn't a repair guy can't have the repair kit etc.

So far all I see is the virtual arsenal lets you either spawn it without the use of the box for the action or lets you add it as an action to a box. The former is what I want to use but it doesn't return the object so that I can remove cargo and add cargo etc.

Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

Okay so it's like 50% possible with using the missionNamespace as the target but if I'm using the missionNamespace, surely that would affect all clients? So if a player opens the arsenal and gets their allowed items, another person will get theirs or at least change everyone elses arsenal because it will change it on the mission's scope not the player's scope....

This can be easy.

Write arsenal function for every role.

Next addaction to the box for every roles with condition f.eg (typeOf player) == "B_medic_F".

If you talking about loadout at mission start use LEA LOADOUT

Edited by DaVIdoSS

This can be easy.

Write arsenal function for every role.

Next addaction to the box for every roles with condition f.eg (typeOf player) == "B_medic_F".

If you talking about loadout at mission start use LEA LOADOUT

This wouldn't work since I'm using "roles" defined in my DB but thanks anyway. I'm instead building a dialog for changing loadout, it'll be better for this mission since I want to limit certain items and show what "new" items you've unlocked etc.