In regards to the looting module, most other zombie survival based mods run off a script or something of the sorts to place loot at positions in the building regardless of map. even some missions that dont require mods host a system like this (Dynamic Zombie Sandbox). Do you think it would be possible to update the looting module's script to work like this that way no matter what map you play on or what structures you use, loot can spawn there?

The current loot system gives a finer degree of control. Loot can be spawned by building type separated into 3 types including military buildings etc...

I think this is a good system and is more realistic much like escape where vehicle supplies will more likely be at gas stations. I wanted them to spawn in toolboxes but those aren't cargo containers. In any case, the way forward imo is for people to use a map analyzer like na_palm volunteered and provide those lists to Haleks.

I would be happy to help integrate more buildings into the code so all existing maps are supported in the current system.

• Like 4

Appreciate your and so many testers hard working. I found a problem that Ravage mod is not support another small but useful add-on: incognito. After using this add-on, zombies can find me in an acceptable range but raiders cannot find me even I stand behind their face and shoot at them. They just ignore me and escape, not even aiming at me. Could you tell us how to make this add-on compatible with your mod. I also played "Ravage- A Mission " and "Roads", but the incognito is working just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Appreciate your and so many testers hard working. I found a problem that Ravage mod is not support another small but useful add-on: incognito. After using this add-on, zombies can find me in an acceptable range but raiders cannot find me even I stand behind their face and shoot at them. They just ignore me and escape, not even aiming at me. Could you tell us how to make this add-on compatible with your mod. I also played "Ravage- A Mission " and "Roads", but the incognito is working just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Whatever floats your boat but although Incognito works beautifully with the brilliant Pilgrimage, why do you feel the need to use it with Ravage? Not only is it obviously incompatible, but I don't get how it would server any useful purpose here?

Isn't everyone in the apocalypse out for everyone so they can just live another day? Why would you want enemies to ignore you just because your gun is in your backpack?

I'm not judging so don't take this wrong but of all mods to want to use with Ravage, why Incognito?

A vote for COOP.

I've been fiddling with it myself, but progress is slow as I've never touched scripting in Arma before.

I'm thinking the Altis demo mission, just add some more survivors to the group (i.e. more slots) and keep it just like it already is. Except: Each player is not spawned randomly at one of the spawn locations, but all at the same one (randomly chosen at mission start instead of player join). Also enable revive.

As for respawning, there are some alternatives:

1) Put a respawn marker at the initial crash site.

2) Spawn a new wreck situation at another one of the spawn locations.

Those are the obvious ones. But I have some more interesting ideas:

I'm thinking of rolling these ideas into a standalone module. But I'd probably need help with that, hehe!

There are some very good ideas in there! ;)

Using sleeping bags as dynamic respawn markers especially - right now those are completely useless in MP eventhough they do spawn.

I have already started working on a COOP scenario; it will probably be open for testing in a few days.

for sure, I'am fine with it.

If you have need for it, i post a link to my script thats responsible for the island scanning and list generation.

(should work for every map and custom buildings)

That sounds like an awesome idea!

For the mission template I will vote for an COOP version first. It's a bit more to script in case of the truck spawn in 0.135 but you can then easily split it for more teams...

Thanks mate!

I do have a few scripts to retrieve "lootable" buildings (since the loot system was based on yours), but I seldom spend time building those lists...

Sorting them by categories can be time-consuming, and I usually try to filter out unvalid positions (like on the roofs). ^^

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss more technical details. ;)

For Ace, if I do decide to use it, do I just have to delete some of the files if I dont want to use them? I like the idea behind the medical but I hate some of the other things that it does like not showing how many bullets are left in your magazine unless you press a buttong or something. I hate and it annoys me and that is one thing I would like to get rid of. How do I do that?

Read ACE documentation : you can remove most of their files, but some of them have dependencies - it's all explained on their wiki.

• Like 1

I love the sleeping bag as respawn markers as well.

Thus is a huge problem for escape because i don't want people to be able to warp forward when dying...

A respawn point on a sleeping bag and a persistent cargo container in a tent would be sick...

• Like 2

Been playing around with the modules and this is exactly what i was looking for Haleks. I love the customization options in the modules  and the ease of use. VERY WELL DONE.

• Like 2

Whatever floats your boat but although Incognito works beautifully with the brilliant Pilgrimage, why do you feel the need to use it with Ravage? Not only is it obviously incompatible, but I don't get how it would server any useful purpose here?

Isn't everyone in the apocalypse out for everyone so they can just live another day? Why would you want enemies to ignore you just because your gun is in your backpack?

I'm not judging so don't take this wrong but of all mods to want to use with Ravage, why Incognito?

Obviously, I decide my own playing style. I like stealth and attack raiders 4 or 5 times of me rather than get a headshoot 500 meters from deep forest and I am laying on the ground. Incognito is also a add-on recommended in "roads" (Ravage based mission) which makes a lot of fun.

I am asking haleks and other guys to HELP. Obviously, your answer did not provide any HELP. Do not post such a reply without any useful information and just make yourself shows up. I play game in my own ways and it is not your business, right? This is also other good guys mod and not yours.

@williamBUG : no need to be harsh, HeroesandvillainsOS did say :

I'm not judging so don't take this wrong

In the end, Ravage was made to be played to your liking - but I can't guarantee that this or that mod won't confilct.

I've never used incognito myself, so I have no idea what the issue could be right now...

I'll try to look into it, but I can't make any promises.

Obviously, I decide my own playing style. I like stealth and attack raiders 4 or 5 times of me rather than get a headshoot 500 meters from deep forest and I am laying on the ground. Incognito is also a add-on recommended in "roads" (Ravage based mission) which makes a lot of fun.

I am asking haleks and other guys to HELP. Obviously, your answer did not provide any HELP. Do not post such a reply without any useful information and just make yourself shows up. I play game in my own ways and it is not your business, right? This is also other good guys mod and not yours.

I think your best bet would be to ask Rsoftokz what (if anything) he needed to do to get Incognito working with his Ravage missions. It's very possible he needed to edit the Incognito in some way to make the two entities compatible.

In regards to the looting module, most other zombie survival based mods run off a script or something of the sorts to place loot at positions in the building regardless of map. even some missions that dont require mods host a system like this (Dynamic Zombie Sandbox). Do you think it would be possible to update the looting module's script to work like this that way no matter what map you play on or what structures you use, loot can spawn there?

Thats exactly the inner workings of my lootspawner. The update for the sahrani map is because of edited buildings by the map authors. Every map with standard buildings (A2 +A3)

is covered from the get go in Ravage. Pandora Map also if i remember correctly.

Think that Haleks put a few buildings back in also, that where missing in 0.134.

The current loot system gives a finer degree of control. Loot can be spawned by building type separated into 3 types including military buildings etc...

I think this is a good system and is more realistic much like escape where vehicle supplies will more likely be at gas stations. I wanted them to spawn in toolboxes but those aren't cargo containers. In any case, the way forward imo is for people to use a map analyzer like na_palm volunteered and provide those lists to Haleks.

I would be happy to help integrate more buildings into the code so all existing maps are supported in the current system.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6M3I6nO2TAgYTBtNm9KVmpnMlU/view?usp=sharing

Here is the ZIP archive with the required scripts. ;)

- simply open a map with new buildings in the editor, place an player char and save it.

- Then extract this archive in the mission dir, reload the mission and play in preview.

- In the action menu (mousewheel) you then have a command for starting the script.

- To follow the process you will get hint texts and you can also open the map and see it working.

- After the finishing hint "Map processed" you can STRG+V the output in a new .sqf file and edit it.

It's a few edits to expand the categories to a greater number (ex: for Shops or medical buildings) if desired for Ravage...

There are some very good ideas in there! ;)

Using sleeping bags as dynamic respawn markers especially - right now those are completely useless in MP eventhough they do spawn.

I have already started working on a COOP scenario; it will probably be open for testing in a few days.

Thanks mate!

I do have a few scripts to retrieve "lootable" buildings (since the loot system was based on yours), but I seldom spend time building those lists...

Sorting them by categories can be time-consuming, and I usually try to filter out unvalid positions (like on the roofs). ^^

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss more technical details. ;)

Read ACE documentation : you can remove most of their files, but some of them have dependencies - it's all explained on their wiki.

Feel free to use the script above. It will ease your workload.

Filtering of roof positions is a good idea. Will have to incorporate that in the next version for the above script.

(the one you have in Ravage seems fine to me therefor) ;)

Will get in touch with you later...

• Like 1

can you provide a link to the map.

I will look into it then,too.

@Haleks: my first port of ravage to the map "G.O.S. Al Rayak" seems to work properly so far.

Nice work you have done for the MP update! :627:

edit:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6M3I6nO2TAgbk51NFVVOG9QQVk/view?usp=sharing

that's the buildinglist for SMD Sahrani.

To use it you have to exchange the "xxx" with the desired Loottype in the file and then use it in your mission to fill the appropiate arrays at mission start. (Building_list and Building_registr)

Just to be clear since I still consider myself a newbie to scripting: Where would I call this? From init, or putting in one of the existing scripts? And the loottypes are the ones defined in the actual loot table (like civilian, construction, military, etc) correct?

Nice thanks Na_palm. I will have a look at this later today!

Just to be clear since I still consider myself a newbie to scripting: Where would I call this? From init, or putting in one of the existing scripts? And the loottypes are the ones defined in the actual loot table (like civilian, construction, military, etc) correct?

Correct! (0-3 instead of names)

Don't want do derail this thread much more, so a short version... :)

Make the whole "construct" an array by giving it a local variable name:

_bList = <CONTENT OF THE FILE> ;

underneath that, put:

{
	_idx = Building_list pushBackUnique _x;
	if !(_idx==-1) then {
		Building_registr pushBack ((_bList select 1) select _forEachIndex);
	};
} forEach (_bList select 0);

In your init.sqf of initServer.sqf put the following at last

waitUntil {!(isNil "Building_registr")};
execVM "buildingList.sqf";

In MP, if you use the older init.sqf method make sure to only exec this on the server!!!

That's all.

Or wait till Haleks puts it into his Mod ;)

well maybe add an option for "all buildings" just in case, it would keep the integrety of what y'all currently have, and also add the ability where if people wanted, to basically have loot spawn in any structure

well maybe add an option for "all buildings" just in case, it would keep the integrety of what y'all currently have, and also add the ability where if people wanted, to basically have loot spawn in any structure

Hard to say how Haleks wants to do it. As it stands now it is separated by the game it was from... but I'm sure the long term intention is for it to work with any map your heart desires .... lol

Correct! (0-3 instead of names)

Don't want do derail this thread much more, so a short version... :)

Make the whole "construct" an array by giving it a local variable name:

_bList = <CONTENT OF THE FILE> ;

underneath that, put:

{
	_idx = Building_list pushBackUnique _x;
	if !(_idx==-1) then {
		Building_registr pushBack ((_bList select 1) select _forEachIndex);
	};
} forEach (_bList select 0);

In your init.sqf of initServer.sqf put the following at last

waitUntil {!(isNil "Building_registr")};
execVM "buildingList.sqf";

In MP, if you use the older init.sqf method make sure to only exec this on the server!!!

That's all.

Or wait till Haleks puts it into his Mod ;)

yay! it works!

Now I just need to take the time to figure out which buildings are which so they are not all spawning civ loot. At least *two* of them have "military" in the name. lol

You understood right. :)

• Like 1

Anyway to increase how much damage zombies can take? I like headshots as an instant kill but would like to increase the rest. Currently it's 1round to chest of 5.56.

Thanks

Anyway to increase how much damage zombies can take? I like headshots as an instant kill but would like to increase the rest. Currently it's 1round to chest of 5.56.

Thanks

You could achieve that with custom eventhandlers : I think it's possible to assign EH to a specific vehicle class from within a mission with CBA.

Although that could conflict with Ravage eventhandlers...

I reckon it wouldn't be too much trouble to add a dedicated setting to the zed module on my end. ;)

• Like 1

l like the idea of customizing the toughness of zombies. It could be combined with spawn size to create smaller groups of tougher zombies and bigger groups of easier zombies.

This gets in the vicinity of some other ideas I'm currently fleshing out. To be continued :)

I have a suggestion.

In one of my missions, I'm inserting with a team into a zombie hotzone via helicopter--smoke, crashed cars, civilians running scared, police getting overwhelmed by hordes. It's all very thrilling, except my helicopter crashes into the sea because it spawns severely damaged.

Can you add a vehicle damage-exemption module, so I can sync it with my helo and let it fly me to my destination? I think this could be a nifty feature for mission makers using ravage as a template. Another example is building a little base in the editor. Perhaps if there's already a survivor's fort, they have a repaired truck too.

Just a thought.

First of all congratz with this awesome mod Haleks... This is by far the most emersive "end of the world" mod that i have played. 

But.... i think i`m missing something with the mission setup for dedicated. everytime i log back in i have to respawn and start from scratch. i have set up random respawns on the ocean sides of altis so it is dificult for me to see if the rest is persistend. Do i need a database on the server for this to work or should it work without? i have persistence on in the server.cfg.

I also wanted to ask if it is possible to have walkers at daylight and runners at night?

Thanks again for this absolute masterpiece!! keep up the great work and stay awesome!!!  :D  :D  :D

@hate ... there is certainly something that can be added to the helis init that will exclude it from vehicle damage system... I'll have a look if Haleks hasn't chimed in but in the short term, assuming the heli inserts and disappears you could add this allowDamage false to the helis init amd it may work

@mr house... was a save module with mp persistence placed in the mission... and can you see that saved kit in the ravage save manager mission ??