My million dollar question: Are we gonna be able to PvP in this MP version? or just friendly co-op?

Thanks for a the work and time fellas,

Fire

• Like 1

My million dollar question: Are we gonna be able to PvP in this MP version? or just friendly co-op?

Fire

OMG dont bring this up plz!

Just kidding (probably) ..but..that brings dark memories of 1st day DayZ mod (ArmA2) got out.

The 1st day i played (was night when i  've logged) ...i was lost-shaked and frustrated with a friggin' flare

on my hand..listening growling's from everywhere

and most people you 'll encounter was lookin' to team-up and survive the mess with other people.

Suddenly 2 days after..the game transformed to a cheap Deathmatch game.

The Uber *shallowness had been loved so much by millions of people that tenths of clone titles have

been released and money have been spent.

Sorry..either my "sense of humor/fun" brain related cells have been damaged (quite probably tho..)

..either people love..*cough* simple things.(i m tearing my flesh to not-being rude)

Either way .." that's..just like..my opinion ..man..." ..and (probably) you can ask for whatever feature you ll want to see :)

PS After 2-3 drinks i m becoming too sentimental :P    :lol:

• Like 5

The 1st day i played (was night when i  've logged) ...i was lost-shaked and frustrated with a friggin' flare

on my hand..listening growling's from everywhere

and most people you 'll encounter was lookin' to team-up and survive the mess with other people.

Man, when DAYZ first hit the scene it was an amazing game!!  My whole clan goes and camps out every summer for a weekend, and the stories from those first few weeks of terror and excitement always come out!  Probably never going to recreate that.  We do, however, enjoy the survival PvP, but we rarely ever open our server to the general public (never), but we invite other clans/groups to play with us, so if we can get some PvP mixed in it'll be a good thing for us!!

We don't keep score. Just like to have fun encounters. Sometimes peacefully..   Sometimes not..

• Like 1

Aouch... that's always a pain - I hope you can get a new one soon enough mate!

About the update : I've finished testing the newly added Blacklist zones module and all the recent modifications & fixes (well, more or less, you're never done testing your own work).

I even made a quick mission on Namalsk with Alive, just for fun. :D

Turns out that both mods seem to be working rather well together, if you don't go mad with the AI numbers : I used Alive to spawn AAF troops and bases on one part of the island, and the Ravage modules for the rest (OPFOR bandits, zombies, survival system, breathfog simulation and wrecks spawns).

No errors, good FPS on my modest machine and lots of fun when approaching AAF territory (playing with a customised version of Dragonfyre, what a trip hearing those armored vehicles cleaning the roads from infected in the distance!).

I will probably work on adding descriptions/infos to each module tomorrow (should spare me some writting in the future) and update saturday or sunday as usual.

Cheers folks!

96a2f558-f0db-4e3c-8bef-0a63f6ee3674.jpga399c665-bc72-46e5-9498-c00244e7be54.jpg

b01be345-95be-4f93-b647-9a35e7fa9ca2.jpg42160af7-48a1-4ee4-9a4c-db716da6d4b7.jpg

what does the blacklist module do exactly??

ps. by the way love your mod its amazing.

Fire

Why not.......as the modules will all be MP compatible, it will be down to personal preference on how to use them.

For me tho' the REAL magic comes from playing co-op with a small squad against zeds and AI Bandits, testing has shown this to be true.....but who knows, maybe when your crew are down to their last can of Tactical Bacon, that friendly co-op session could easily go PvP........if only Cosmic knew how many times I've came close to smoking him for some TB......

Why not.......as the modules will all be MP compatible, it will be down to personal preference on how to use them.

For me tho' the REAL magic comes from playing co-op with a small squad against zeds and AI Bandits, testing has shown this to be true.....but who knows, maybe when your crew are down to their last can of Tactical Bacon, that friendly co-op session could easily go PvP........

Thats for sure,my hope would be to "balance" the diverent gameparts against each other to ensure a lone wanderer PvP behavior is hard but not impossible.

Bahh, the same discusion can surely be found in the early dzed forum posts... :)

@tyrone chicken fingers:

while mission building or scripting for ravage you can use/place blacklist zones to prevent the zombies from spawning in certain areas.

• Like 1

Is there anyway to make the zombies more aware? They are a bit easy at the moment and sometimes just stand there.

Okay folks, after weeks of hard work and torture, we have it : Ravage MP release...

Special thanks to my fellow testers, who made it possible : Bad Benson, Cosmic, Evil Organ & Tourist.

Ravage v0135 changelog :

Tweaked :
Major improvements were made to zombie pathfinding.
Zombies can now anticipate their target movements.
Reduced movement calculation costs for zombie hordes.
Improved zombie spawns in the wild.
Darter UAVS spawned by the AI module are now equipped with a rifle.
Tweaked zed sounds.
Tweaked Irradiation rate and antirad pills potency.
The vehicles module doesn't damage occupied vehicles anymore.
Repair system overhaul.
Tweaked optional color correction.
Recruited units have a small chance to run out of ammo.
Zombies have better chances to grab the player's backpack.
Replaced a few building models.
Disabled church bells.
Spawned Repair trucks can no longer be used to repair other vehicles.
Reduced Refuel capacity for spawned refuel vehicles.
Tweaked Nutrition level for cooked meat.
Tweaked zed attack range and timing.
The Altis Demo mission now uses Ravage modules.
Removed a bandit camp from the Demo mission.
Tweaked Zed population on the Altis Demo mission.
Added Storm template to the ambiant weather system.

Fixed :
Players could run indefinitely while wearing a Gasmask.
Fixed a critical error regarding activation conditions of dynamic triggers.
Zombies would sometimes deal multiple damages with a single attack.
Zombies didn't ignore roads, preventing them from going straight to their target.
Fixed a potential error with custom damage handling.
Fixed several errors with irradiation rates.
Several fixes to the Geiger numerical display.
Zombies were not always chasing the closest known target.
Zombies not moving for a few seconds after spawning.
Probabilities calculation errors preventing zombies to spawn.
Disabling Sun Influence in the ambiant zombies module didn't have any effect on spawn chances.
Added missing Arma2 buildings to the Loot spawn system.
Geiger numerical display was off-screen on certain resolutions/screen formats.
Zombie sounds not working in MP.
Custom vehicle textures were not applied in MP.
Fixed several background functions to run in MP.
Disabled "Rest" actions in MP.
Fixed an error when drinking from water sources.
Various bug fixes & tweaks.

New :
All modules except zombie hordes are now MP-compatible (WIP).
Added a Multiplayer character save system.
Added MP Saves Manager (scenarios/ravage).
Added survival supplies in Editor props.
Ravage is now compatible with ACE medical system.
New Toolbox and Meat models & textures by Giorgygr.
Added vehicle caching system (Place down a vehicles module to automatically enable).
Added support for a few vehicles from RDS_A2port.
Additional zombie sounds by Evil Organ & Bad Benson.
All files have been signed.

Download link :

drive_logo.png

The OP is going to be updated shortly with a bunch of informations about the multiplayer aspect in Ravage and upcoming MP events, so stay tuned! ;)

• Like 18

Enjoy everyone...

After anoooother reformat... I will try to get a version of Escape up later today ;)

Yay! Been lurking here for a while now, waiting for this update! Made this account just to say thanks to you Haleks! Gonna try MP with a friend right now!

Argh! Damn you, Haleks. I actually made this account to say that.

• Like 5

Wow congrats guys. Looking forward to it and also looking forward to the MP instructions (I'm a bit stupid when it comes to these things). :)

I just gave my brother my old PC. I know exactly what we'll be doing here soon.

Thanks so much everyone.

• Like 1

All of these changes applied to SP too I take it? Except for the MP specific ones lol....

Of course. ;)  

Enjoy everyone...

After anoooother reformat... I will try to get a version of Escape up later today ;)

Escape? Is that a mission your making for this mod? That would be cool... is SP as well?

Of course. ;)  

Amazing =) Now just to redownload it and put it in lol  LEGGO MY EGGO!!! WOOP

Impressive Changelog!

Alot of work has gone into this version, and MP compatible now really opens up the doors to things!

You bet... it's a 6 player coop Escape from Altis along the lines of the classic escape mission... fairly simple as it was just something I built for us to play with...

It has some neat features and generally is just some good fun with the guys ...

Credit to Bad Benson for his Scripts. They add some interesting and fun mechanics. ..

I just need to tweak a couple things once I get a few programs re installed... hopefully in the next 12 hours... once I get home from work

You bet... it's a 6 player coop Escape from Altis along the lines of the classic escape mission... fairly simple as it was just something I built for us to play with...

It has some neat features and generally is just some good fun with the guys ...

Credit to Bad Benson for his Scripts. They add some interesting and fun mechanics. ..

I just need to tweak a couple things once I get a few programs re installed... hopefully in the next 12 hours... once I get home from work

Is there gonna be missions added in for the SP version? I know BB mentioned that he was working on some stuff.

@Haleks thank you for the past time reminder of the day when Rick rolling was common ;P

it's a great song. been jamming over here with my coffee :lol:

now to put on some eau de combat and i'm ready to party.

• Like 1

BBs Random site script can be added into the ports fairly easily and will be done as it adds a fantastic layer to the missions

@Cosmic based on the change logs the only things I wanted to in the mod was a nerf to the radiation, and randomly spawned missions lol. I enjoy everything about this but missions and base building would be fun cause it would add something to the game that I cant do on any other mod unless its MP and I cant play MP cuz i lag way to much all the time. Plus I have always been an avid Solo player.

Radiation is an on or off thing at the moment. And I generally turn it off anyways. I will check the ports when I revisit them.

Base building and random missions is something in the works but is not added right now. Keep in mind this particular build was really about bringing MP to the existing Ravage structure as a foundation to build on. I'm sure Haleks has many things in mind ;)

My brother just text me. He's new to the game and wants to practice in SP player a bit. He asked if I could make him a version without the running zombies so he can learn how to play ARMA in a slightly less stressful Ravage environment.

I know how to do this by laying all the modules down, etc.

But how do I create a random spawn location?

Or better yet, does anyone have a version with runners disabled that I can have him download?