Hi everyone (I'm still alive!),

After a wee break from modding, I'm back at work - and there's a new update right around the corner...

Nothing fancy (the modules makeover will have to wait a bit longer), mostly tweaks and fixes, plus improved support for SOG PF. Here's the changelog preview :

187 preview

Tweaked:
Merged RVG Apex with Ravage Mod (Ravage Apex is no longer needed and will be removed from the WS).
Disabled Crickets Soundsets.
Disabled one very annoying Birds Soundset.

Fixed:
Zed attacks no longer make bullet flyby sounds.
Zed reaction to gunshots function now runs where zed is local.
Potential fix for Loot Search action slowing down over time.
Quick fix for goggles showing up on zombies.
Zombies no longer use the SOG Prairie Fire "Death Scream".

New:
Added GearPool support for SOG Prairie Fire CDLC.
Zeds can now hit and push vehicles around.
Curious zeds can now follow their more agitated buddies if they have nothing better to do.
Added 3 new NVGs.
Replaced the old Android skins with LordFrith's textures.*

The SOG PF gear pool preset uses civilian(ish) gear, mostly, and most of the weapons from the CDLC. Expect the update to land sometime this week-end. 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

You can put a loop in the init.sqf to find zombies and remove their goggles.  It runs forever, so newly spawned zombies will be found.  Code untested, but I think it will work.

_n = [] spawn 
{
	while {true} do
	{
        {
            removeGoggles _x;
        } foreach allUnits select {(typeOf _x) find "zombie" >= 0};
	sleep 4;
	};
};

just tried and it does not work

1 hour ago, interectic said:

just tried and it does not work

Did it fail with an error message, or is the problem you still see zombies with glasses/goggles?

I took this from some old code.  Do Ravage zombies still have the string "zombie" in their type when you do a typeOf on a zombie unit?

16 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Did it fail with an error message, or is the problem you still see zombies with glasses/goggles?

I took this from some old code.  Do Ravage zombies still have the string "zombie" in their type when you do a typeOf on a zombie unit?

the zombies still had the googles and i do not know if the string changed

@haleks 

The issue @interectic mentions regarding zeds spawning with glasses/goggles is something that I can confirm, and seems to have been a thing since the recent platform update. (seems to be 1 in every 3 spawn with glasses/goggles)

I can't recall Ravage zeds spawning with anything other than a uniform, unless they of course they are custom hand placed zeds.    

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EO said:

@haleks 

The issue @interectic mentions regarding zeds spawning with glasses/goggles is something that I can confirm, and seems to have been a thing since the recent platform update. (seems to be 1 in every 3 spawn with glasses/goggles)

I can't recall Ravage zeds spawning with anything other than a uniform, unless they of course they are custom hand placed zeds.    

so do you know a fix to this currently?

11 hours ago, interectic said:

so do you know a fix to this currently?

Hold on and wait for Haleks to take a look at this. It would seem a recently update to ArmA has caused this. Rather than trying to do something right now, it's best to see what Haleks says because it might be necessary to make a small change to Ravage. Trying to change it in code from your end might result in something that gets broken by a possible Ravage update. It's entirely possible that there is a straightforward fix for this, but wait-and-see is the best approach for the moment. EO was just confirming the problem, not suggesting a fix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Look at the changelog preview guys. 😉 

I did notice the issue recently (oddly enough, Phantoms from Remnant don't seem to be affected by this...); I don't know what exactly is causing this, but it will be patched very soon. The fix should also solve any goggle issue with 3rd party content.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, kodabar said:

Hold on and wait for Haleks to take a look at this. It would seem a recently update to ArmA has caused this. Rather than trying to do something right now, it's best to see what Haleks says because it might be necessary to make a small change to Ravage. Trying to change it in code from your end might result in something that gets broken by a possible Ravage update. It's entirely possible that there is a straightforward fix for this, but wait-and-see is the best approach for the moment. EO was just confirming the problem, not suggesting a fix.

I was just asking the question to see if he would know. That's fine and I can wait but it never hurts to ask. I appreciate your feedback along with everyone else.

On 10/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, haleks said:

6c811e4a0afa6b7d665d6148613bbc52.jpg

94bb1f4071f567894457530b565d241c.jpg

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, EO said:

@haleks 

Thank you very much!

On 10/8/2021 at 12:47 PM, haleks said:

Was this in the mod for ages but not properly hooked up?? I'd always have issues of running over zombies and them throwing my car a mile away.

13 minutes ago, Slay No More said:

I'd always have issues of running over zombies and them throwing my car a mile away

Almost as common as:

3261c01374f7901d9d2a6d97093ae02f.jpg

ALMOST 

😅 

God I love Arma. 

• Haha 1

Just now, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Almost as common as:

3261c01374f7901d9d2a6d97093ae02f.jpg

ALMOST 

😅 

God I love Arma. 

GMAN thinkin' he's slick

sfm_poster__the_gman_charmer_by_patrickj

• Haha 1

Here we go, Ravage 187 is live. \o/

Final changelog :

Tweaked:
Merged RVG Apex with Ravage Mod (Ravage Apex is no longer needed and will be removed from the WS).
Disabled Crickets Soundsets.
Disabled one very annoying Birds Soundset.
Default variables for the GearPool module are now consistent with the default parameters.

Fixed:
Zed attacks no longer make bullet flyby sounds.
Zed reaction to gunshots function now runs where zed is local.
Potential fix for Loot Search action slowing down over time.
Quick fix for goggles showing up on zombies.
Zombies no longer use the SOG Prairie Fire "Death Scream".

New:
Added GearPool support for SOG Prairie Fire CDLC.
Curious zeds can now follow their more agitated buddies if they have nothing better to do.
Added 3 new NVGs.
Added support for Water Buffalos.
Replaced the old Android skins with LordFrith's textures.*

Don't expect anything too spectacular with zombies hitting vehicles : the primary goal is to have some form of actual interaction for immersion sake, not to have monsters throwing tanks around. 😉 

Have fun everyone !

Ravage v0.1.87 :

a356d7a366e83f307ac52b5a0e34b0540349b413.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Don't expect anything too spectacular with zombies hitting vehicles : the primary goal is to have some form of actual interaction for immersion sake, not to have monsters throwing tanks around. 😉 

2qerll.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, devilslayersbane said:

2qerll.jpg

I'll eventually add a custom parameter to the module for mission makers who want to go crazy. fourbe.gif

But for now that stuff is hardcoded in the attack sequence : I wanna make sure first the code is working as intended at realistic levels - physX interactions being full of surprises...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, haleks said:

I wanna make sure first the code is working as intended at realistic levels - physX interactions being full of surprises...

with mod vehicles uhhh Houston we have a problem…

Was driving my UAZ in my dedicated server and a single zombie slapped me over a Hay-bale in an open field. I was laughing so hard, but was also terrified at the same time. 

😂

dedicated servers are kind of notorious for physic mishaps though, so I somewhat doubt it’s an issue with the code.

It’s about the same as running over zombies and getting Skyrim Giant yeeted to Jupiter. 🤣🤣

Introducing:

Ravage Mayhem Tour GRNFOR

Ravage Mayhem Tour BLUFOR

Ravage Mayhem Tour OPFOR

My first Ravage scenario(s) were the "Mayhem Tour" scenarios and I wanted to make a new "version" with some great scripts and other things I've learned/found while making Ravage scenarios over the past year+. There isn't too much of a difference between the three but since the originals were divided by Side...I wanted to keep that in-mind when creating the Redux-i.

Question: Is the new vehicle interaction with zombies only for exposed AI? Zeds didn't bother doing anything when I was inside a strider play-testing today.

• Like 1

This is how the new Zed feature reacts on a dedicated server with a GAZ 😎 🤣

I don't think it's an issue with your code, rather I think it's just cause it's a Dedicated server and most players when hitting zombies, just running them over the physics can wig out, SP I've never had this issue, in TBR when testing this I didn't either, just little nudges was all.

Cheers mate 🍻

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2017 at 9:12 PM, DeadMan981 said:

"We just need a safe place, very much like epoch, to have a personal safe so we can storage our good loot, and thats it, i really belive we wont play anything else if we can storage our precious loot !"

YES!  Why is this not already a feature? No matter who or where I ask about this, I'm told it's impossible.... Which I think is BS. I will find a way! 😄

Edited by Shinobus
Quote marks added
  • Confused 1

Hello there. Pretty awesome mod! Thank you.

I have been trying to find a way to "safe store" items, I have had a range of responses to this query, from "it's not possible", to being laughed at, and other work arounds that simply do not work.

There MUST be a way for a store to keep items, or to exempt the store from the clean up? Maybe a module? 

Why is this idea not popular? xD  being able to collect weapons, car parts, we could even break down parts for vehicles.

52 minutes ago, Shinobus said:

There MUST be a way for a store to keep items, or to exempt the store from the clean up? Maybe a module? 

Very possible yes, but you’ll have to use GRAD / playernamespace / some type of persistence system, and if it’s Variable based then even better.

Some pointers? Look into HALs store, or even the GRAD buying store.

HALs store you can utilize with GRAD and save the stock etc… GRAD buy menu you can track spending of players, etc…

Although Ravage offers a 100% full system, you should look into others for combination, Haleks has done a damn good job on this project, it’s literally my favorite mod in the Arma series not just for what it offers but BECAUSE of what you can do with it, it’s completely modular and you can tweak anything within it. 

Look into other shops, there’s always a way to do something you want to implement, you just gotta do some research 😉 

🤘

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Very possible yes, but you’ll have to use GRAD and if it’s Variable based then it’s most likely do-able.

Some pointers? Look into HALs store, or even the GRAD buying store.

HALs store you can utilize with GRAD and save the stock etc… GRAD buy menu you can track spending of players, etc…

Although Ravage offers a 100% full system, you should look into others for combination, Haleks has done a damn good job on this project, it’s literally my favorite mod in the Arma series not just for what it offers but BECAUSE of what you can do with it, it’s completely modular and you can tweak anything within it. 

Look into other shops, there’s always a way to do something you want to implement, you just gotta do some research 😉 

🤘

Thank you for the advice! I'm sure there are ways to do this, and I have been looking for a long time, not so much the lack of effort, more being ignorant on what to ask, I don't know what GRAD is or HALS, but I will look into it. Thank you mate 🙂

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I just wanna ask, when Ravage mod is loaded, will there be any negative impact to the regular scenarios(eg. East Wind campaign)?