29 minutes ago, acoustic said:

I'm not the only one that has the main menu shortcuts messed up from Ravage? Ie, no Single Player/Editor/Multiplayer shortcut buttons anymore? Just narrowed it down to Ravage being the cause.

Hasn't that always been a "feature" of Ravage.... 

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, icarium said:

I am trying to get all available positions within a building and then pick a random position from that array.

_randomElement = selectRandom [buildingpos -1];
this setPosATL ((nearestBuilding this) buildingPos _randomElement);

Seriously? None knows this? "buildingpos -1" is supposed to spit out an array with all the available spots and "selectRandom" is supposed to pick random shit from an array. Following this logic, I initially just went:

this setPosATL ((nearestBuilding this) selectRandom buildingPos -1);

So one of you crafty wizards please just tell me where my stupid ass forgot the extra brackets or some shit so I can go about my merry way? Pretty please with sugar on top?

If this hasn't been already considered:

Maybe adding/setting up zombies (as an option) to be more dangerous during the night, besides the rate spawn due to sun factor. Their hearing/seeing increased, so it "forces" the player to stay safe during the night, or take the risk and keep on looting.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LSValmont said:

-snip-

Can we at least try to stay on topic, nothing of what you posted is related to the discussion of this thread.

11 hours ago, LSValmont said:

your Contact mod is A LOT better than the official Contact DLC!!! 

You know there is a seperate thread for that?

Did you read the forum rules? Especially the part about "post in the right forum" ?

Can you imagine a whole team was working on this for over 2 years???

No I can't. Because they weren't.

No wonders DayZ development has stopped...

Arma and DayZ teams are seperate... Don't see the relation?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dedmen said:

You know there is a seperate thread for that?

Did you read the forum rules? Especially the part about "post in the right forum" ?

No I can't. Because they weren't.

Love you Dedmen and we are all Arma fanboys here but there are facts that we cannot deny.

1) I used this thread because I was talking about and comparing work that the Author of this mod did. This thread has been used to discuss Halek's contact content, missions and many other mods as long as they are related to Haleks. This has been done hundreds of times and all those times as long as the comment was aimed at Haleks no warnings about wrong threads had been given. This is in fact the firs time I read something like that here.

2) If you read this interview: https://www.onlysp.com/arma-3-contact-interview/ , at the last question/answer it reads:

OnlySP: Is there anything else you would like to say to our readers?

van ‘t Land: Having worked on ‘Contact’ for some two years, we are very excited to finally let players experience it soon. There are not many companies like Bohemia, where such an unorthodox concept would be greenlit, so we’re very happy to have had the chance to make it a reality. We hope you all enjoy playing our take on this big human topic!

Arma 3 ‘Contact’ will be available on 25 July 2019 for PC.

So you need to do your research a little better before revoking other people's comments as false. Thankfully I did my homework and everything I said was based on evidence I posted as videos and/or links.

3) 

You don't see the relation? So BI's business and work model does not relate both? That is like saying that you don't see the relation between a senator and a congress man. They both work for the ESTATE and they both ruled by the ESTATE's laws and work guidelines, policies, deadlines etc.

The same applies for BI's teams.

Another relation is that the DayZ's team worked on the ENFUSION engine for years and ENFUSION will power up Arma 4. If that is not a big relation on itself then I don't know what relation is.

DayZ team has been reduced and parity with the mod or even 0.63 has been dropped. (The source of all this information likend below).

Previously promised content will not be delivered (like Helicopters, weapons,  vehicles etc) 

And 2019, the so called "year of DayZ" by its devs last year will be relegated to bugfixes for the whole rest of the year and a paid DLC later this year.

This sudden change of plans for DayZ at the expense of hundreds of angry DayZ owners and fans can only mean that work on Arma 4 on ENFUSION is they main focus now but its development is clearly not going as expected (and so they had to transfer staff from DayZ to it, otherwise this drastic move would not have been necessary).

Most BI's recent projects have actually showed this "not going as expected" behavior (both in speed and quality). Perhaps BI is facing the Blizzard/Bethesda size issue: It has become too big and too "heavy" so projects move too slow compared to the market and its competition.

These facts might make me look rude but I cannot deny them and I won't lie about my thoughts on the matter.

Source on everything commented about DayZ. And I suggest not reading the comments as they are slaughtering BI.

1 minute ago, LSValmont said:

So you need to do your research a little better before revoking other people's comments as false. Thankfully I did my homework and everything I said was based on evidence I posted as videos and/or links.

A few people might have worked on it on and off for the last 2 years.
But certainly not the whole team was exclusively working on it for 2 years like you are making it sound like.

But as roadkill already said. This is not the place for that. And "others also did it wrong, so I can too" is not how the forum works.
If you want to discuss haleks contact mod, post in it's thread. If you want to complain about BI, post in some thread about it or make a new one in the right section.

5 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

A few people might have worked on it on and off for the last 2 years.
But certainly not the whole team was exclusively working on it for 2 years like you are making it sound like.

But as roadkill already said. This is not the place for that. And "others also did it wrong, so I can too" is not how the forum works.
If you want to discuss haleks contact mod, post in it's thread. If you want to complain about BI, post in some thread about it or make a new one in the right section.

Allright, will do that for now on.

Do you want me to move the posts to the Contact Thread?

1 hour ago, LSValmont said:

Allright, will do that for now on.

Do you want me to move the posts to the Contact Thread?

The correct thread is located here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/223560-contact. Also as you are a member who has been sometime, you may want to re-familiarise yourself with our forum rules and guidelines.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, acoustic said:

I'm not the only one that has the main menu shortcuts messed up from Ravage? Ie, no Single Player/Editor/Multiplayer shortcut buttons anymore? Just narrowed it down to Ravage being the cause.

Do you have Cba enabled? What other mods do you have enabled? And are you using the latest version of Ravage?

If I wanted to limit "Military Weapons", "Civilian Weapons" etc to Chernarus relevant weapons in Gear Pool...what would I fill the [] with? [rhs_weap_ak104","CUP_arifle_AK74_Early"]? That wouldn't be all of it...just unfamiliar with coding and I'm having to relearn the Editor after not touching it in a few years. Thanks.

...why is "(DayZ)" in my profile? Also haven't used these forums in years outside looking up class name lists.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Recaldy (DayZ) said:

...what would I fill the [] with? [rhs_weap_ak104","CUP_arifle_AK74_Early"]? 

Almost looks good, your missing quotation marks at the beginning of your array, should be...

["rhs_weap_ak104","CUP_arifle_AK74_Early"]

54 minutes ago, Recaldy (DayZ) said:

...why is "(DayZ)" in my profile? Also haven't used these forums in years outside looking up class name lists.

You can change your nickname and avatar by logging into your main BI account, hover over your avatar top right of screen to access your Account Settings. :icon_biggrin:   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EO said:

Almost looks good, your missing quotation marks at the beginning of your array, should be...

["rhs_weap_ak104","CUP_arifle_AK74_Early"]

You can change your nickname and avatar by logging into your main BI account, hover over your avatar top right of screen to access your Account Settings. :icon_biggrin:   

OK thanks.

So an array is a list of class names then? Is there a limit to how many things I can put in there? I've tried a few days ago but I'd get a script error when I hit play scenario. Gonna assume there was a ; or something missing. Also would the pool be limited to what I put in there?

@ArteyFlow - That suggestion did fix my world loot problem, thanks! (Late reply, sorry.)

1 minute ago, EO said:

• Like 1

Just now, icarium said:

Seriously? None knows this? "buildingpos -1" is supposed to spit out an array with all the available spots and "selectRandom" is supposed to pick random shit from an array. Following this logic, I initially just went:

So one of you crafty wizards please just tell me where my stupid ass forgot the extra brackets or some shit so I can go about my merry way? Pretty please with sugar on top?

BuildingPos spits an error out

Spoiler

_randomElement = selectRandom [buildingpos -1];
hint _randomElement;
th>
16:29:11   Error position: <buildingpos -1];
hint _randomElement;
th>
16:29:11   Error hint: Undefined variable in expression: buildingpos

the array hasnt been defined. so there is nothing to selectRandom from.

You want the easy answer or to learn how to solve these types of problems?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Recaldy (DayZ) said:

So an array is a list of class names then? Is there a limit to how many things I can put in there? I've tried a few days ago but I'd get a script error when I hit play scenario. Gonna assume there was a ; or something missing. Also would the pool be limited to what I put in there?

Yeah man, just remember it's quotations separated by commas.

Is there a limit.....not in Artey's world! :tounge2: 

• Haha 2

Just now, EO said:

A good tip is If you want to enter Artey's World I would suggest migrating all the syntax from a sqf text editor to the modules after checking it otherwise you will be sucked into the Blackhole of arrays that is Arma Syntax

• Like 5

13 hours ago, icarium said:

Hello there icarium !

Here are two examples  , how you get the positions and  selectrandom them ,

_positions = _house buildingPos -1;

hint format ["%1 positions \n for house : %2 ", count _positions,_house];

or

_buildingPositions = [_Building] call BIS_fnc_buildingPositions;
	_count = count _buildingPositions;

if (_count > 0) then {
	_buildingpos = selectRandom _buildingPositions;

if !(_buildingpos isEqualTo [0,0,0]) then {

_Pos = getPos _Building;

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Recaldy (DayZ) said:

OK thanks.

@ArteyFlow - That suggestion did fix my world loot problem, thanks! (Late reply, sorry.)

No need to thank me, @EO deserves your thanks more than I, he knows a lot more about scripting and whatnot than I do 😎

4 hours ago, EO said:

Once you enter Artey's world, there's no coming back. Fill that classname box up to the brim and don't look back, that's my motto 😆

• Haha 4

New question...I have placed individual weapons and ammo at certain parts of the map (magazines on tables etc)...but seem to disappear when the player is too far away. I have the Ravage clean up running...but both Garbage Collections set to None.. I'm assuming the ravage clean up is removing the items. Is there a way to fiddle with the module to exclude the objects? Could I tie their existence to a trigger to make them show up when the player is near...or would they respawn every time I would be in range?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Recaldy said:

New question...I have placed individual weapons and ammo at certain parts of the map (magazines on tables etc)...but seem to disappear when the player is too far away. I have the Ravage clean up running...but both Garbage Collections set to None.. I'm assuming the ravage clean up is removing the items. Is there a way to fiddle with the module to exclude the objects? Could I tie their existence to a trigger to make them show up when the player is near...or would they respawn every time I would be in range?

I'm curious to know the answer to this as well, as I have ammo boxes placed in some of my missions that keep getting deleted 🤨

11 hours ago, Recaldy said:

The ravage clean-up function is more "aggressive" than the vanilla Garbage Collection. Depending on your needs, the GC can be a better choice than the modded clean-up routine.

But if you want to stick with it, you can exclude specific objects with the rvg_owned variable (that variable is used in several modules as a "don't mess with that" tag).

Just use this in the object init field :

this setvariable ["rvg_owned", true];

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@acoustic, It's been a thing since v0.1.37 :

Removed Spotlight Videos from the Main Menu.

• Like 2