Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Need to correct / change the behavior of car patrols. There is a place in Altis where they go all the time, with short breaks - you get tired of shooting. This not normal.

2Uxhf.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AAh yes The Crossroads, my favorite tactical bacon harvesting spot!

 

Some of those look like TPW Skirmish technicals eh?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vald77r said:

Need to correct / change the behavior of car patrols. There is a place in Altis where they go all the time, with short breaks - you get tired of shooting. This not normal.

 

Let's remember vanilla AI driving is total shit, haleks can't make wine out of piss water.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Vald77r said:

Need to correct / change the behavior of car patrols. There is a place in Altis where they go all the time, with short breaks - you get tired of shooting. This not normal.

2Uxhf.jpg

Yeah, car patrol system has been out of control these days. Not only in their pathing but spawning too much no matter how much you change the ai multiplier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EO said:

 

Let's remember vanilla AI driving is total shit, haleks can't make wine out of piss water.

I understand this and do not say that haleks is to blame. But it would be cool to have a module where you could tweak the likelihood of a patrol (list of cars), rare meetings (list of cars).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's okay man were all good here.^^ 

I don't know if increasing the setWaypointCompletionRadius would make a difference here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding car patrols : that feature will be handled by a dedicated module in the near future, with improvements, fixes and new options.

 

At the moment I'm still waiting for the GC Murazor kindly sent me (the postal service had an issue and is taking longer than planned), once my hardware problems are fixed, I'll be able to resume dev & testing on various terrains.

For now I've been working on small fixes and easy-to-test features.

 

Here's some of the changes for the next update :


177

Tweaked :
Disabled footstep sounds on bolter walk anim.
Disabled unnecessary init functions.
Improved damage handlers for zombies.


Fixed :
Dismissed units could switch to an incorrect side.
Players can only recruit survivors of the same side.
Error caused by breathfog init.


New :
Added a damage coef parameter to the zombie module.
Added a 'corrupted android' face.


 

A lot of people have been asking for an option to make zombies more resistant to damage : that's now done. The 'damage coef' can be used to reduce or increase damage applied to zombies; the code won't reduce damage on headshots, so aiming for the head is always the way to go.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Have a another Idea to this but didnt know if this is easy possible with the current Ravage Version .  An option to list custom Loot to the loot pool like the gear pool .  I combine Ace 3 at most with ravage and its even frustrating to cant put these things in the loot pool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weapon-Fetish said:

I Have a another Idea to this but didnt know if this is easy possible with the current Ravage Version .  An option to list custom Loot to the loot pool like the gear pool .  I combine Ace 3 at most with ravage and its even frustrating to cant put these things in the loot pool

 

You mean like adding mod-specific items such as bandages from ACE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, haleks said:

 

You mean like adding mod-specific items such as bandages from ACE?

Exactly ! 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be doable, I'll see what I can do this week-end. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know A3 AI driving has a lot of opportunity for improvement, but during my last game - on wednesday - we experienced pure gold of vehicular action in A3+Ravage co-op. That moment seemed to be directly from a 90s action movie and looked like a 100% scripted game sequence. 😎🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whiteface73 said:

I know A3 AI driving has a lot of opportunity for improvement, but during my last game - on wednesday - we experienced pure gold of vehicular action in A3+Ravage co-op. That moment seemed to be directly from a 90s action movie and looked like a 100% scripted game sequence. 😎🤩

 

I want a video! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiho all,

 

the VA mod now includes a simple dynamic loot economy, spawning loot as per VA loot settings (adjustable by user) in Buildings using Building Positions.

This might come in handy for ravagers playing on maps with little or no furniture in buildings:

 

Spoiler

 

Vandeanson's Apocalypse is updated to v2.03!


VA Loot Economy added:
- loot spawner in buildings at building positions
- dynamic spawn/despawn based on player location
- blacklisting areas with spawned loot (so other players wont spawn in loot as well)
- should be MP compatible
- all settings can be adjusted under "Vandeanson's Apocalypse - Loot Economy"
- equipment settings are considered (disabled mod features, e.g. disable CUP Pistol)

 

This is disabled by default, you need to access the CBA settings for VA - Loot Economy to activate the feature and adjust the settings

 

 

I ll do some testing and hope for some feedback from the community.

Will likely add separate spawn systems targeting: industrial area, military area, hospitals,..

 

cheers

VD

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, haleks said:

 

I want a video! ^^

Me too, but I haven‘t used Fraps since Arma 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All right, this should please ACE lovers...

 

750441da660b902c22a69d8066328a50.jpg

 

I kept things simple for those new entries : those arrays will add items to existing lists - they won't override said lists. Custom items will be added to the loot lists as "survival items" and to NPC random loadouts. Traders won't sell them though, those items will have to be added manually to their stocks (I'll provide a script for that).

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I have another probably pain in the ass idea.

Evacuees, a new survivor class.

When you stumble onto one, you don't option to recruit but to escort/evacuate.

An Evac zone/module sets the location. You place this down in the editor. It can Evac on module location or maybe have a random location generated each time you stumble onto and context menu select "Escort/Evac Survivor".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very nice Dev Branch update today, I'm off to blast some zeds with a vanilla shotgun....:teeth:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a pop up from the Forums on mobile as a “fraudulent website”... THESE forums. Just a reminder to watch what you click.

 

EDIT: Could have possibly been from the page file not being loaded fully, as I’m browsing at work, and have limited connection. Or maybe it caught a bad advertisement? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had maldvertising on another trusted website - despite adBlock+...

Time to try UBlock. 😕

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on the new map coming with the Contact DLC? It's looking more and more like I"m going to shell out the $28 for this map. I've been considering pre-ordering it so I can play around in the editor with the map and look around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Any thoughts on the new map coming with the Contact DLC? It's looking more and more like I"m going to shell out the $28 for this map. I've been considering pre-ordering it so I can play around in the editor with the map and look around.

 

I'm a big fan of Livonia, it feels like a mix of all the great terrains that came with Arma 2. It has a great sound ambience especially in the forests....oh man, the forests...

 

A wee heads up for all Ravagers, I've just updated Ravaged and Frithified Gear with some hoodies and a few civilian hats. :icon_biggrin:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, haleks said:

 

You mean like adding mod-specific items such as bandages from ACE?

 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, haleks said:

All right, this should please ACE lovers...

 

750441da660b902c22a69d8066328a50.jpg

 

I kept things simple for those new entries : those arrays will add items to existing lists - they won't override said lists. Custom items will be added to the loot lists as "survival items" and to NPC random loadouts. Traders won't sell them though, those items will have to be added manually to their stocks (I'll provide a script for that).

 

That's awesome I've Been using outside scripts to include Ace Gear this will make things much easier Thank You.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 3:48 AM, EO said:

The man responsible for the rusty guns in Ravage was the much missed @cosmic10r, he did some awesome work on the vanilla handguns but i'm not sure if they were ever finished. We still talk from time to time, I'll ask him about the handguns the next time we chat.

 

Hi all,

EO messaged me and it's been awhile since I looked at where I left off.

 

Having seen Contact, I may get back into this but I got a promotion at work and have to do quite a bit of traveling.

 

The next time I'm home, I'll have a look at things and talk to EO and Haleks and see if we can get that work out to you guys in one form or another...

 

No promises but I haven't forgotten about this!

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×