23 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Hiho ravagers

I am pleased to upload V2 of my Dynamic Spawn Script Pack.

All site spawners have been redone and some new features have beed added.

Usage is pretty easy, place a few markers and you are good to go.

The script requires CUP Terrains - Core

I am pretty sure that I managed to make the scripts both SP and MP compatible, but I would really love some feedback from anyone using the script in MP to see if everything works:)

cheers 

vd

Good job on your Dynamic Spawn Scripts, I've been playing my Ravage missions with them and they work nicely. I do have a question regarding them, though: how do you disable playable units from spawning with OP gear (weapons, vests, etc) whenever you spawn/respawn? Also, it seems to not be compatible with the "MP persistency" Ravage setting, because everytime I continue from a mp save, it resets all my player's gear. Do you know how to fix these things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2018 at 10:20 AM, Vandeanson said:

wow this sounds pretty badass from a coding perspective!

i like the general idea as well!

looking forward to receive it, surely loads of good inputs for me there!

On 5/11/2018 at 9:57 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Nice !

I'll be waiting !

Alright guys, here is my mission file as promised:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AoeGoPst72GkS3k14DFcLE4XkThCKHrK

This mission is a port of the great B2 Ravage Malden mission by bl2ck dog to the Chernarous 2035 map with several improvements/tweaks and the incorporation of the CUP mod.   

You already know the drill, it goes into the MPMissions folder in MyDocuments.

Requirements:

- CBA

- CUP (The whole lineup)

- Chernarous 2035 map

- Ravage

- Stalker Like Anomalies (2MB) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383903166

Recomended:

TRYK's Multi-Play Uniforms

Main Mission Features:

- Heavily Customized HC Simple Shop for Ravage and CUP Gear.

- Custom MP Persistence System. Your gear, position and progress are saved. Also your vehicles and anything you store on them (As long as you park them on the Garage).

- Experience, Rank and Discovery System. Exploring all of the map is highly rewarded in terms of experience and resources. You gain experience by finding new locations, clearing bandit camps, doing side missions, Gaining Territories etc. The Rank system gives players progression and rewards like better gear sold by vendors for higher ranks.

- Living fully randomized world. Custom weather, Dynamic Ai and ever changing locations make each playthrough completely different.  (Thanks to bl2ck dog, Vandeanson, George Floros and Alias for their amazing missions and scripts)

- My own custom health system with bleeding and a brand new damage model. Shots and injuries cause bleeding but no more instant deaths. High hydration and nutrition provide a slight regeneration as long as your wounds are minor and you are not bleeding.

- My own complete custom light system: blacks and shadows are deeper but without degrading the natural colors. Nights are scarier but also more realistic. 

- [Soon TM] Players will be able to play cooperatively and support a leader who will own territory on their behalf. Other players who do not favor that leader's rule and/or taxes can form other teams and try to take as many territories as possible on their own. Team members can betray their previous leader and steal territories from them becoming a competing Warlord instead. At the end the player/team with the most territories wins. The whole idea is to create a sort of roleplay pvp environment where rivals make alliances and betray as they struggle for supremacy over the wasteland.

May this WIP mission act as inspiration for our great providers of magic tools such as Haleks, GF, Vandeandson and many many others. 

Tips:

- At the main hub called Junktown you can walk up to NPCs and they will often offer good tips on what to do and the mission's hidden features.

- Everything in the mission is random, even most anomalies and radiation sources will move and change over time and after each play though.

- Civilians arm themselves and can be hired but don't rely too much on them as they die easily.

- There are more survivor camps around other than Junktown that you can find for selling/buying and protection. Look out for them!

- Buy a map first! It will look empty but most important locations are revealed as you find them. 

Any suggestions and requests are always welcome! 

• Thanks 2

On 29.10.2018 at 12:22 AM, LSValmont said:

Here is my whole mission! Take whatever you want from there. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nG3T9i-VdgwYtehqZrYA0WpRjn8BA2dE

Yeah I am customizing the simple shop alot! Its persistence features alone are worth its installation as it saves many important stats to its own database without needing to use dedicated servers and/or SQL databases. With that and Ravage's MP saves I can do local hosting and emulate a full DayZ server. 

Yay got the your adaptation of Georges status bar working ,very nice - thank you!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Yay got the your adaptation of Georges status bar working ,very nice - thank you!

That is good to know! The changes fit nicely with HC Simple Shop's default UI and is also more minimalist. I also sent George the changes so he can publish both versions if he wants. 

Anyways, if you are going to play the mission to get inspiration for your current ideas use the latest version in my previous post.

If you can, please check the LV Script that is having incompatibility issues with yours so perhaps it can be fixed on your end. 

Also, I am up for combining our forces to make a super mission together. =)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

That is good to know! The changes fit nicely with HC Simple Shop's default UI and is also more minimalist. I also sent George the changes so he can publish both versions if he wants. 

Anyways, if you are going to play the mission to get inspiration for your current ideas use the latest version in my previous post.

If you can, please check the LV Script that is having incompatibility issues with yours so perhaps it can be fixed on your end. 

Also, I am up for combining our forces to make a super mission together. =)

will do, the mission and features looks pretty cool and some stuff i ve seen (looked through some of the code this afternoon) im interessted to dig into further=)

5 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

will do, the mission and features looks pretty cool and some stuff i ve seen (looked through some of the code this afternoon) im interessted to dig into further=)

Please re download using this link, I fixed some minor late things:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AoeGoPst72GkS3k14DFcLE4XkThCKHrK

• Thanks 1

in case you are interested, a tutorial and showcase video of v2.2 of my script pack. including a lot of blabbering, sorry for that ;)

It is currently being uploaded as i got to leave soon but wanted it up there - hence it might only be available in 30 mins or so

• Thanks 2

Just now, Vandeanson said:

thanks, will use this link. can i publish it on my thread as example mission?

Sure bro, as far as I am concerned the mission is yours too!  

Just clarify that it is a WIP =)

PS: And you might want to re-tweak the parameters I used for your Scripts since most might be too low for the mood you want the players to get. 

Does the A3 enhanced inventory mod work with ravage? Just asking considering that it is an older mod 

8 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Does the A3 enhanced inventory mod work with ravage? Just asking considering that it is an older mod 

i have just used it in a test and atleast it did not cause any problems for me

10 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Sure bro, as far as I am concerned the mission is yours too!  

Just clarify that it is a WIP =)

PS: And you might want to re-tweak the parameters I used for your Scripts since most might be too low for the mood you want the players to get. 

cool thank you! which version of my script  pack did you use btw?

25 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

cool thank you! which version of my script  pack did you use btw?

Latests! (As of yesterday of course!)

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

in case you are interested, a tutorial and showcase video of v2.2 of my script pack. including a lot of blabbering, sorry for that ;)

It is currently being uploaded as i got to leave soon but wanted it up there - hence it might only be available in 30 mins or so

Hey! I don't have that BlacklistmarkersLand on my VD_Settings.sqf!

Does that means I don't have the latest version? I guess you are still updating it super fast =)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LSValmont said:

I also sent George the changes so he can publish both versions if he wants. 

It does fit very nice , but if you want you can publish this , as your edit , just add me as well !

Thanks !

So else , every time in my scripts , i try them to be as easier as it gets , in order to be adapted and edited easily , according to preferences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

It does fit very nice , but if you want you can publish this , as your edit , just add me as well !

Thanks !

So else , every time in my scripts , i try them to be as easier as it gets , in order to be adapted and edited easily , according to preferences.

Yeah I noticed that! What I like about your scripts the most is that you always strive for the best possible performance. FPSs are everything in Arma after all. 

I am still waiting on your updated dynamic missions scripts BTW! It was the first script I implemented in my mission but I removed it in favor of the new one that was about to be released! =0 =) 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I am working on this still , but it will be a total reedited script.

Great! I liked the previous version a lot so I can't wait to see what you have in store for us! As long as the new implementation is as efficient as the previous one then I am all up for it!

Speaking of that, may I suggest adding an additional condition to the script so that players have the option to skip the current mission and go to the next one.

Perhaps a waitUntil {sleep 1; !cond };

Like:

waitUntil {sleep 1; skipmission && {_timecurrentmission > 600} && {players distance _currentmissioncenter > 800} };

Of course at the beginning of each new mission the script should set the skipmission variable to false again. 

So mission makers can set up an NPC and/or Item (notebook etc) with an addAction or triggers that will make the "skipmission" variable true and then if the mission has been running for more than 600 seconds and no player is near the mission all the current mission's assets are deleted and it skips to the next mission. PS: Since the skiped mission was not a success it doesn't count towards the end goal of finishing all missions. (So that players don't just keep skiping missions to win!)

Don't know if that code will do the trick but you get the idea ; )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Hey! I don't have that BlacklistmarkersLand on my VD_Settings.sqf!

Does that means I don't have the latest version? I guess you are still updating it super fast =)

well thats rigth but thw good thing is its not doing anything, its just telling you what marker names to use if you place blacklist markers for land based site spawns on your map, i added it to provide some guidance.

but generally i would indeed use v2.2 uploaded today:))

• Thanks 1

Hey guys I am not sure exactly how it would be done but I feel that the flashlights, NVGs and even the suppressors should have a lifespan of some sort slowly dying or degrading overtime. Suppressors could become less effective after a certain number of shots slowly getting louder and flashlights/nvgs could have some kind of battery-bar/Condition-Bar that slowly drains allowing players to know the current state of their equipment. Also with suppressors maybe players can repair them with the ravage tool-kit if possible. I am aware that none of this currently exists in the game itself and I am not that advanced in scripting to pull something like this off but maybe if someone else is we could work together and make this a reality. :don11:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vandeanson said:

well thats rigth but thw good thing is its not doing anything, its just telling you what marker names to use if you place blacklist markers for land based site spawns on your map, i added it to provide some guidance.

but generally i would indeed use v2.2 uploaded today:))

Downloading as we speak! Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LSValmont said:

Downloading as we speak! Thanks!

there are some other tweaks and some additional options in the settings, should be worth it anyway:)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

Hey guys I am not sure exactly how it would be done but I feel that the flashlights, NVGs and even the suppressors should have a lifespan of some sort slowly dying or degrading overtime. Suppressors could become less effective after a certain number of shots slowly getting louder and flashlights/nvgs could have some kind of battery-bar/Condition-Bar that slowly drains allowing players to know the current state of their equipment. Also with suppressors maybe players can repair them with the ravage tool-kit if possible. I am aware that none of this currently exists in the game itself and I am not that advanced in scripting to pull something like this off but maybe if someone else is we could work together and make this a reality.

yeah that would be cool. also it would urge the player to keep getting money for replacement gear, cycle back to traders and so on. also he would have to plan well ahead, lets say he intends to enter a contaminated zone. he will have to ensure that his gasmask is in best condition so it will endure the trip...

i know about a solution from _krush that would basically set of a timer when nvgs or so is equipped and once it runs out the nvg is deleted. that could be a start. or an eventhandler that adds up a global variable representing damage points for a silencer when such silencer is equipped and the respective weapon is fired.

i dont know how the toolkits in ravage work, but if we could add a similar depletion bar to items and have it be depleted by either timers or as above example shows, shots fired, that could be cool.

currently this exceeds my scripting knowledge, but i ll see what i can find out:)

• Thanks 1

Yeah that definitely sounds like a good place to start and totally makes sense to use damage-point system I will have to do some digging myself thanks for the help. :smileee:

I have re-released this scenario with several updates and edits...

BREAKING POINT - THE LAST NOMAD (MP 1-4)

You play as the Nomad faction from the Breaking Point mod. The Ravage mod is the glue that makes everything work though. You see zombies wearing Breaking Point faction clothing. The breaking point weapons are in this as well. I have added a custom third person mode to this to give it a unique feel.

• Like 4