1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@Vandeanson is your guy this sounds right up his alley, and his work is incredible!

Awesome thank you (:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

Even if I remove the animations they will still end up lagging the server, it just takes a little bit longer. I even tried caching the Ai and moving my player to 10.000 KM away and then coming back and the location would still accumulate negative FPS with nothing to revert it. Thanks for the advice thou! Didn't know about the attributes part!

But the mission is super optimized. Every object and unit has disabled and/or dynamic simulation and most object are even SIMPLE objects. I get 80 FPS with all NPCs and objects and no FPS loss unless the modules are placed!

Yep if your using dynamic simulation your definitely going to want to check out the performance tab under attributes as the default settings are not ideal if you have your view distance up high as the activation for AI with animations or waypoints will be set by your view distance rather then the adjustable settings I usually set the activation distance for Characters to 400m and Manned Vehicles to 350m or 400m then I set the multiplier to x 1.9 but you can go higher if needed. (:

On 23/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, haleks said:

@LSValmont: Although your PC is quite beefy... ^^

Just send me the thing when you see a sensible loss, I will without a doubt see it too on my own machine.

Allright the mission is running on altis as we speak... already starting to see some FPS drops after ~10 min. 

Will send you the mission and save files as soon as it gets to around 50% my normal FPS.

EDIT: Allright I've done it! I replicated the Issue on Altis. It only took ~ 2 hours to get my FPS from 70 to 20 and the best part is that the saved game also saved the FPS, meaning that every time you load up the saved game to go back to your horrible FPS!

As requested by Haleks, here are the

1) Mission filehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2LdK8r6U0FMQuJaSt37goVuokhNeaCV

2) Saved Game file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pj0lYRPAzKUikr0Zmva2sRJzYyVXHcZW

- Mission goes into C:\Users\User\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\

- Saved game goes into C:\Users\User\Documents\Arma 3\UserSaved\mpmissions\

Special thanks to haleks for always striving for the best performance/optimization possible with Ravage. Only God knows how important every bit of FPS is on the Arma 3 engine.

Anyways, I hope this damn bug gets squashed soon and to have contributed to the community and also so I can continue with my mission because I've totally stopped until the issue is fixed. 

• Like 1

i ve played some ravage recently testing all ravage modules active and all my dynamic spawn scripts up and running. oh man did i die much:)

some really creepy moments trying to follow the road in thick fog driving a half open car while knowing that Z can harm you if you drive to slow, i paniced so much! and its good if a game(mod) can make you panic;) ps. i literally drove at lowest speed possible just trying to keep the white sideline of the street in sight.

on another occasion i sneaked up on one of my bandit camps, it was pitchblack dark and my flashlight would have probably given my position away, so I did not use it. but i managed to throw a flare into the middle of the camp and attack from the dark:)

then after i finally managed to fully repair a car i had found (such a good feature of the mod!), drive back to pick up my locker and a matbox full of basebuilding materials, i was minding my own business pulling up sandbag walls at my new homebase to secure my respawn tent and locker. I was delighted (and furious same time, because they killed me..ofc) that the "No rest!" script works and AI was spawned to hunt me down once i spend too much time at the same location! that teached me to a) get more flares and b) place some damn APERSMines around my home base!

luckily my respawn tent was standing strong and after a couple of attempts(it was still darkest night) i managed to kill the AI hunting me.

having learned a lesson about what loot i should priorities (i already had stuffed about 15 rifles into my locker, but had no flares, flashlight or such left) i took all my money and took off to the close by trader camp.

there i was super pissed to find out that my tradercamp script (recently updated and "fixed") was completely buggy and the trader AI was just constantly shooting into the nearby ground... i nearly gave up on the project but ended up altering the script to spawn unarmed civilians that can not move into a closed off base (Z cant follow you below a entryway that requires you to "duck" to get through). i am still suprised how well the bis functions "grabber" and "mapper" work to create and place custome camps, you guys should try this:))

So yeah, someone wanted a survivor base here, maybe this (updated-updated) version may help.

so whats the point of this all? just a little survivor story and shoutout to the mod on one side, but also i am happy that i could finally do some indept testing of my script pack combined with ravage over 6 hours or so and could improve some problems with my scripts while having a good time.

still some polishing to do and some issues where i have NO IDEA yet how to tackle them, but we will get there. hopefully i ll be able to share a polished script pack that will add some more debth and unforeseen situations to your rvg Missions;)

two questions tho:

1: how do you tweak your AI? i tried the common mods but with both i feel like the AI has a unnatural talent of spotting me im thick fog and at night. I have never really played around with their skills, as i felt that they are not very challenging when reducing skill below 0.9... this really annoys me and i would love to find a fix:)

2: i remember a script that would tweak AIs ability to spot you within dense bushes/woods, but can not find it, any idea?

cheers

vd

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

i ve played some ravage recently testing all ravage modules active and all my dynamic spawn scripts up and running. oh man did i die much:)

some really creepy moments trying to follow the road in thick fog driving a half open car while knowing that Z can harm you if you drive to slow, i paniced so much! and its good if a game(mod) can make you panic;) ps. i literally drove at lowest speed possible just trying to keep the white sideline of the street in sight.

on another occasion i sneaked up on one of my bandit camps, it was pitchblack dark and my flashlight would have probably given my position away, so I did not use it. but i managed to throw a flare into the middle of the camp and attack from the dark:)

then after i finally managed to fully repair a car i had found (such a good feature of the mod!), drive back to pick up my locker and a matbox full of basebuilding materials, i was minding my own business pulling up sandbag walls at my new homebase to secure my respawn tent and locker. I was delighted (and furious same time, because they killed me..ofc) that the "No rest!" script works and AI was spawned to hunt me down once i spend too much time at the same location! that teached me to a) get more flares and b) place some damn APERSMines around my home base!

luckily my respawn tent was standing strong and after a couple of attempts(it was still darkest night) i managed to kill the AI hunting me.

having learned a lesson about what loot i should priorities (i already had stuffed about 15 rifles into my locker, but had no flares, flashlight or such left) i took all my money and took off to the close by trader camp.

there i was super pissed to find out that my tradercamp script (recently updated and "fixed") was completely buggy and the trader AI was just constantly shooting into the nearby ground... i nearly gave up on the project but ended up altering the script to spawn unarmed civilians that can not move into a closed off base (Z cant follow you below a entryway that requires you to "duck" to get through). i am still suprised how well the bis functions "grabber" and "mapper" work to create and place custome camps, you guys should try this:))

So yeah, someone wanted a survivor base here, maybe this (updated-updated) version may help.

so whats the point of this all? just a little survivor story and shoutout to the mod on one side, but also i am happy that i could finally do some indept testing of my script pack combined with ravage over 6 hours or so and could improve some problems with my scripts while having a good time.

still some polishing to do and some issues where i have NO IDEA yet how to tackle them, but we will get there. hopefully i ll be able to share a polished script pack that will add some more debth and unforeseen situations to your rvg Missions;)

two questions tho:

1: how do you tweak your AI? i tried the common mods but with both i feel like the AI has a unnatural talent of spotting me im thick fog and at night. I have never really played around with their skills, as i felt that they are not very challenging when reducing skill below 0.9... this really annoys me and i would love to find a fix:)

2: i remember a script that would tweak AIs ability to spot you within dense bushes/woods, but can not find it, any idea?

cheers

vd

you might want to try CF woodland and or CF better AI might be the mod your thinking about. (:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1426365172    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1415343823

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

two questions tho:

cheers

vd

It is always good to hear the experiences of a coding master such as yourself! Keep em coming!

About your questions:

I use ASR-AI. ASR includes the INCOGNITO mod so that enemy detection becomes a lot more realistic. (If you are unarmed the Ai will have a much harder time telling if you are their friend/foe for example. ASR will not make the Ai super human like VCOM Ai but not stupid either (Vanilla Ai) so it is a nice middle ground!).

Also, It has been proven by some testers that Ai Skill does not make much difference between 0.1 all the way to 0.9.

If you want a really easier Ai you should make their skills 0.08 or below. Only then you get a real difference in the skill shown by the Ai.

You can add this to your Init.sqf to constantly set Ai skill to your desired values. (The values here should fit your needs quite well!)

Spoiler

// Custom Ai Skills
[] spawn {
	while {true} do
	{
		{
            	_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.04];
				_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.01];
				_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.20];
				_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.08];
				_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.01];
				_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.01];
				_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.60];
				_x setSkill ["general", 0.60];
		} forEach allUnits;	
		sleep 120;
	};
};

Additionally, to get the effect you desire you could add this to initPlayerLocal.sqf and onPlayerRespawn.sqf:

Spoiler

player setUnitTrait ["camouflageCoef",0.2];
player setUnitTrait ["audibleCoef", 0.2];

This will make you less detectable by Ai specially under the conditions you described. Finally you will be able to have some sneaky action, avoiding zombies and/or bandits more realistically. 

Additionally adding these commands to the same initPlayerLocal.sqf and onPlayerRespawn.sqf will make your experience less infuriating:

Spoiler

player setUnitTrait ['loadCoef',0.2]; // Your character's stamina and aim won't be affected by current equipment load as much. (we all know you need to carry as much as possible in Ravage)

player setCustomAimCoef 0.30; //Your aim won't move as much but will still be noticeable.
player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0.30; //Your Recoil won't be as bad as before but still realistic considering you are a survivor who has spend his whole life shooting guns!
player setAnimSpeedCoef 1.20; // You character will run and generally move around 20% faster than the running zombies! They are dead and decaying so you should be faster!

Finally, this Event Handler placed at initPlayerLocal.sqf will make you die with: 2 shots on the head, 4 shots on the chest, 6 shots to arms and legs so it will be more forgiving (to avoid having those bandits one shoot you all the time).

Spoiler

// Damage reduction EH
params[ "_unit" ];

// Damage reduction from https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/198136-reducing-player-damage/

// Exit if we are a player and not local
// Otherwise add EH for AI every where just in case their locality
// changes due to moving into a players group
// the EH will only fire where the AI is local
if ( isPlayer _unit && { !local _unit } ) exitWith {};

if ( isPlayer _unit ) then {
	_unit removeAllEventHandlers 'HandleDamage';
};

// Only damage from last applied handleDamage EH is taken into consideration by the engine
// Apply a new EH so as we can override the damage applied
_unit addEventHandler [ "HandleDamage", {
	params ["_unit", "_hitSelection", "_damage","_source","_projectile","_hitPartIndex", "_instigator", "_hitPoint"];

// Damage multipliers.  The damage of each projectile will be multiplied by this number.
	private _damageMultiplierHead = 0.40;
	private _damageMultiplierBody = 0.30;
	private _damageMultiplierLimbs = 0.20;
	private _damageMultiplierOverall = 0.25;

// Damage limits.  Each projectile will be limited to a max of this much damage.
	private _limitHead = 0.35;
	private _limitBody = 0.25;
	private _limitLimbs = 0.15;
	private _limitOverall = 0.20;

private _oldDamage = 0;
	if (_hitSelection isEqualTo "") then {_oldDamage = damage _unit} else {_oldDamage = _unit getHit _hitSelection};
	private _newDamage = _damage - _oldDamage max 0;
	private _incomingDamage = _newDamage;
	private _playerHealth = damage _unit;

// Infantry selections
	// Keep in mind that if revive is enabled then incapacitation may occur at around 0.7 damage.
	// "": The overall damage that determines the damage value of the unit. Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "face_hub": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "neck": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "head": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "pelvis": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "spine1": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "spine2": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "spine3": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "body": Unit dies at damage equal to or above 1
	// "arms": Unit doesn't die with damage to this part
	// "hands": Unit doesn't die with damage to this part
	// "legs": Unit doesn't die with damage to this part

// Do any other damage calculations here
	// _damage is the previous damage plus any new damage and will be applied
	// as the total damage the unit has for this selection once this EH returns

// Only modify damage if it is a known projectile (leave falling damage etc alone)
	if (_newDamage > 0 && !(_projectile isEqualTo "")) then {
		// Reduce damage by damage multiplier
		private _damageMultiplier = _damageMultiplierBody;
		private _upperLimit = _limitBody;
		switch (_hitSelection) do {
			case "face_hub";
			case "head": {
				_damageMultiplier = _damageMultiplierHead;
				_upperLimit = _limitHead;
			};
			case "arms";
			case "hands";
			case "legs": {
				_damageMultiplier = _damageMultiplierLimbs;
				_upperLimit = _limitLimbs;
			};
			case "": {
				_damageMultiplier = _damageMultiplierOverall;
				_upperLimit = _limitOverall;
			};
			default { 
				_damageMultiplier = _damageMultiplierBody;
				_upperLimit = _limitBody;
			};
		};
		_newDamage = _newDamage * _damageMultiplier;

// Place an upper limit on projectile damage done at once
		if (_newDamage > _upperLimit) then {
			_newDamage = _upperLimit;
		};

_damage = _oldDamage + _newDamage;
	};

// For players ignore damage if they are incapacitated and pass damage to bis revive handler
	if ( isPlayer _unit ) then {
		if ( lifeState _unit == "INCAPACITATED" ) then {
			//if we are incapacitated take no additional damage
			_damage = _oldDamage;
		} else {
			_this set[ 2, _damage ];
			//Call BI REVIVE HandleDamage EH passing new _damage value
			_damage = _this call bis_fnc_reviveEhHandleDamage;
		};
	};

//	systemChat format[ "pHealth: %1 selection: %2 oldTotal: %3 newTotal: %4 incomingDmg: %6 appliedDmg: %6", _playerHealth, _hitSelection, _oldDamage, _damage, _incomingDamage, _newDamage];

_damage

}];
//systemChat format[ "Damage reduction applied to %1", _unit ];

// End of damage reduction

Anyway, I hope some of these helps your experience with Ravage! Certainly did for my players ;)

• Like 2

@LSValmont

perfect! this is a lot i can work and play around with, thank you! :) will keep you posted about the testing results!

no coding master here:down: but there is a learning curve;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

You character will run and generally move around 20% faster than the running zombies! They are dead and decaying so you should be faster!

:z:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

:z:

An important note is that my suggestions won't affect your performance at all, except for the ASR-AI but its impact is ~1-2 FPS at most and you will notice a huge difference so it is certainly worth it! A new version was just released and it is SO AWESOME!

PS: Still waiting for your next bandit script version for my mission!

Please add an option in your "select location script" to spawn camps: 

- Not closer than XXX meters to players IE: 500

- Not further than XXX meters to players IE: 1.500

- Not closer than XXX meters to the previous spawned camp IE: 500

My idea is to have camps appearing not so far away from players but also not close to the previous one. (I think that is also your aim).

Because if the camp is too far away players would just do other quests and if too close then they see the bandits spawning! (not good for immersion).  

• Like 1

On 23/10/2018 at 8:10 PM, LSValmont said:

Allright the mission is running on altis as we speak... already starting to see some FPS drops after ~10 min. 

Will send you the mission and save files as soon as it gets to around 50% my normal FPS.

EDIT: Allright I've done it! I replicated the Issue on Altis. It only took ~ 2 hours to get my FPS from 70 to 20 and the best part is that the saved game also saved the FPS, meaning that every time you load up the saved game to go back to your horrible FPS!

As requested by Haleks, here are the

1) Mission filehttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2LdK8r6U0FMQuJaSt37goVuokhNeaCV

2) Saved Game file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pj0lYRPAzKUikr0Zmva2sRJzYyVXHcZW

- Mission goes into C:\Users\User\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\

- Saved game goes into C:\Users\User\Documents\Arma 3\UserSaved\mpmissions\

Special thanks to haleks for always striving for the best performance/optimization possible in Ravage. Only God knows how important every bit of FPS is on the Arma 3 engine.

Anyways, I hope this damn bug gets squashed soon and to have contributed to the community and also so I can continue with my mission because I've totally stopped until the issue is fixed. 

Quick update. Removing the Zombie Blacklists and Safezone modules do not fix the issue so it must be one of the other modules.

7 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Not closer than XXX meters to players IE: 500

- Not further than XXX meters to players IE: 1.500

- Not closer than XXX meters to the previous spawned camp IE: 500

check, check and check;) all in and adjustable for the mission maker. also all spawned structures and AI have dyn symulation enabled, hence i was able to spawn about 15 - 20 camps all over tanoa, along with 10 helicrashsites, 10 small hideout camps and the tradercamp, roaming feral dogs and additional animals for hunting plus all the ravage stuff with still decent FPS. the symulation activation range is either just your view distance - fog + scope or a manual amount of meters you may enter. also all objects will be deleted after a while and spawned in a new place (unless a player is close) so hopefully those measures will help to keep fps low:)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

check, check and check;) all in and adjustable for the mission maker. also all spawned structures and AI have dyn symulation enabled, hence i was able to spawn about 15 - 20 camps all over tanoa, along with 10 helicrashsites, 10 small hideout camps and the tradercamp, roaming feral dogs and additional animals for hunting plus all the ravage stuff with still decent FPS. the symulation activation range is either just your view distance - fog + scope or a manual amount of meters you may enter. also all objects will be deleted after a while and spawned in a new place (unless a player is close) so hopefully those measures will help to keep fps low:)

Hell yeah! That sounds amazing, low fps for everyone! Everything we've ever wanted! Also please add a time out between a camp being being cleared and a new one spawning! Can't wait! 

On 23/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, haleks said:

@LSValmont: Although your PC is quite beefy... ^^

Just send me the thing when you see a sensible loss, I will without a doubt see it too on my own machine.

You are going to love me haleks!

I managed to isolate the massive FPS drop issue to one of these 2 modules:

- Atmosphere (All settings on)

- Save system (Only with multiplayer save enabled)

Took me a couple hours of testing but I hoped I saved you some time so you can do more important things!

Anyways, happy bug hunting!!!

EDIT1: It is most likely the Atmosphere one! I removed just that one and frames remained smooth as butter! Too bad, I loved the music! :( 

2 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Hell yeah! That sounds amazing, low fps for everyone! Everything we've ever wanted! Also please add a time out between a camp being being cleared and a new one spawning! Can't wait! 

so the camp will be up for about 1 hour plus some random additional time (can be adjusted by users) regardless if cleared or not, the camp will despawn and respawn at a new random place after that timer runs out. unless the player is close of course, that would halt the despawn.

• Like 3

also, the bandit camp checks distance to any other campfires, as the tradercamp and the hideouts (two lootable tents, random Ai usually in deep forrest) spawn in first, it will not happen that the BC spawns on top of any other canp or on each other. that safety distance can be adjusted.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

also, the bandit camp checks distance to any other campfires, as the tradercamp and the hideouts (two lootable tents, random Ai usually in deep forrest) spawn in first, it will not happen that the BC spawns on top of any other canp or on each other. that safety distance can be adjusted.

Now that I figured out that the Ravage Atmosphere module was causing mayor FPS drops in my mission I can resume working on it! Will feature your scripts for sure! Thanks for all your hard work!

PS: You're gonna love my mission!

4 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Now that I figured out that the Ravage Atmosphere module was causing mayor FPS drops in my mission I can resume working on it! Will feature your scripts for sure! Thanks for all your hard work!

PS: You're gonna love my mission!

better wait for v2 of the scriptpack a lot of quality, performance and reliability changes coming;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LSValmont said:

EDIT1: It is most likely the Atmosphere one! I removed just that one and frames remained smooth as butter! Too bad, I loved the music! :( 

O... Okay, well that's a surprise... ohmy2.png

I will load up the files you sent me this week-end - hopefully it won't take long to find the script causing the mess.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

some pics from the testing yday;) : https://imgur.com/a/SlAbS1t

OMG such an amazing camp spread... I've seen my share of placement scripts but yours is getting to a whole other level of professionalism. And the camps layouts are top notch! Much better than the static ones I currently have.

I hope the scripts works just as great on Chernarous 2035 as they do on Tanoa! 

BTW, I've noticed you are using GF's great status bar script.

Here is the same but with some slight modifications I did so it looks less "Crysis" and more "Ravage". Hope you like it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1unf16_5BL6_cHwYKdNAXKopsZJYLKFsi

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, haleks said:

O... Okay, well that's a surprise... ohmy2.png

I will load up the files you sent me this week-end - hopefully it won't take long to find the script causing the mess.

Please do tell us the details afterwards, I do want to take that bastard to trial for murdering our fpss and also making me test for a week!

You will see that players will be reporting much stabler frames and just better performance overall one you find and fix the issue. 

9 hours ago, LSValmont said:

OMG such an amazing camp spread... I've seen my share of placement scripts but yours is getting to a whole other level of professionalism. And the camps layouts are top notch! Much better than the static ones I currently have.

I hope the scripts works just as great on Chernarous 2035 as they do on Tanoa! 

BTW, I've noticed you are using GF's great status bar script.

Here is the same but with some slight modifications I did so it looks less "Crysis" and more "Ravage". Hope you like it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1unf16_5BL6_cHwYKdNAXKopsZJYLKFsi

oh cool thanks, do you have a screenshot at Hand? cant check ithe script out yet:(

yes, it works but non island maps (tested mainly on cernarusredux and tanoa) have the empty map bit that needs to be dealth with. so if you are close to the mapborder, and the camps just respawn, they would be spawned out in the empty map. there are ways to counter this but i am looking for the best possible one yet. will provide screenshots once that placement check is properly implemented. (i have the code for it, just need to insert and test;)

On 10/25/2018 at 1:58 AM, LSValmont said:

player setUnitTrait ["camouflageCoef",0.2];
player setUnitTrait ["audibleCoef", 0.2];

is this the setting you apply all the time? 

I think it would be cool to have a fog and nighttime version that applies between evening and morning and at a certain fog level.

from your experience, can you recommend a good level for both traits for fog level 0.8+ and dark night?

[] spawn { while {true} do { 

_foglvl = code to get fog level;

_time = code to get time;

if (_foglvl > 0.6 || (_time > "11pm value" && _time < "5am value")) /* that timecheck needs some rework i think*/

then {player setUnitTrait ["camouflageCoef",0.6];
player setUnitTrait ["audibleCoef", 0.6];}

else{player setUnitTrait ["camouflageCoef",0.2];
player setUnitTrait ["audibleCoef", 0.2];};

sleep 120;

};};

Anyone else replicated the bug found by @LSValmont

I just tried loading the test mission but it requires CUP, always thought the best practise for bug hunting was vanilla style, Ravage/CBA.

Maybe I'll try uploading a vanilla mission to my dedicated server to see if the bug can be replicated there, my first impression was that the mission being hosted locally was the problem..just speculation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1