Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, haleks said:

facial protection

 

Nice adittion ! ,

but this will be by default or as an option or in some certain areas ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea reguarding the dust storms, but is the AI's vision affected by them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudildo said:

Great idea reguarding the dust storms, but is the AI's vision affected by them?

Hopefully. ^^ (blockAIVisibility = true;)

 

As well as weapon jamming, maybe prolonged exposure to dust without facial protection will gradually decrease Health and Hydration levels too? 

Nonetheless, It's nice to see another environmental adversary making it's way into Ravage. :icon_biggrin:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! Dust storms! Time to remake that Mad Max mission I was working on two years ago! :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, linemaker said:

Is there a way to change zombie sounds?

Not sure how to change the Sounds but you can modify the sound they make by playing with the Pitch setting in the Zombie Module

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will we ever be able to choose exactly what spawns on loot?

cuz its anoying to keep looting ammo that dont even have weapons to use with on my mission.. not even talking about the hundreds of land mines... -.-

since the work around has been removed from wiki, the only way i can imagine, is to make a modded version of your mod, with an edited loot table..

if we can choose the weapons, at least the ammo should be compatible right?

 

Your loot system is amazing, but without the power to choose what will spawn, it becomes totaly useless... making ppl to go back to those old scripts where loot spawns on the floor, like LS_lootspawn...

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2018 at 11:01 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

 

Nice adittion ! ,

but this will be by default or as an option or in some certain areas ?

 

On 24/07/2018 at 2:57 PM, dudildo said:

Great idea reguarding the dust storms, but is the AI's vision affected by them?

 

Right now those dust storms are part of a new demo mission I'm working on. The feature itself will be exclusive to that scenario at first, but I may add it to one of the modules later on.

Depending on several conditions (is the player facing the wind, is he wearing protection gear or inside a building etc), it will affect hydration and fatigue levels.

 

It will also affect AI visibility - the script involves high fog levels, wich does have a sensible impact on the AI ability to spot targets.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@brunohxcx.....a confusing post....(forgive me, I'm old) 

Can I assume your mainly referring to weapons and ammo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.7.2018 at 7:01 AM, librameister said:

Will be there more animals added in the near future ?  

if you are interessted i can send you a script that dynamically spawns goats, chicken and rabbits (can be hunted and processed to food using the ravage function). I also got something that dynamically spawns aggressive dog packs that might start chasing you or AI.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 12:26 AM, Gill93 said:

Not sure how to change the Sounds but you can modify the sound they make by playing with the Pitch setting in the Zombie Module

This unfortunately only affects zombies spawned by that module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

if you are interessted i can send you a script that dynamically spawns goats, chicken and rabbits (can be hunted and processed to food using the ravage function). I also got something that dynamically spawns aggressive dog packs that might start chasing you or AI.

Yas m8,

That would be awsome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, librameister said:

Yas m8,

That would be awsome.

to spawn the hostile dogs, you should be able to follow this post: 

i will post the other script once i get to my pc;)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@librameister and ravagers,

 

a plug and play animal spawner for your hunting parties below;) 

happy to receive feedback on possible issues or improvable bits

 

cheers

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2018 at 3:37 PM, EO said:

@brunohxcx.....a confusing post....(forgive me, I'm old) 

Can I assume your mainly referring to weapons and ammo? 

yes, i mean, even choosing the weapons that will appear on loot, i keep finding ammo from weapons that arent on the list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, brunohxcx said:

yes, i mean, even choosing the weapons that will appear on loot, i keep finding ammo from weapons that arent on the list

Have you tried setting A3 Vanilla Content to "Limited"  in the Equipment Module?....It might help with that. ^^

 

Still, I'm not certain this deems the Loot System "totally useless" as you mentioned earlier.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EO said:

Have you tried setting A3 Vanilla Content to "Limited"  in the Equipment Module?....It might help with that. ^^

 

Still, I'm not certain this deems the Loot System "totally useless" as you mentioned earlier.

Im using rhs, with limited vanilla content, and after one hour looting, i found zero 5.56 mags, the only way i found ammo was from npcs (using GF drop loot script), I have found 8 diferent ammo types and every single ammo i found has no weapon to use with since they arent on the weapons array. If i only find useles things and have no control on loot table, also need to use other loot scripts to complement ravage loot, that makes it totaly useless for me.. since i have to use scripts who does almost the same thing that ravage loot does. If we can choose the wepons on loot table, at least the ammo should be compatible with them right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm, have you tried increasing the ammo% chance in the Loot module. ^^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@brunohxcx: If you are using the custom weapons arrays, make sure support for other mods are not set to "yes" or "weapons only".

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EO said:

Mmm, have you tried increasing the ammo% chance in the Loot module. ^^

 

I set it to 99 it makes a lot of ammo to spawn, but still a lot of them arent compeatible with the weapons i placed on custom weapons arrays. M9 ammo is the one i found more often, there is no M9 on custom weapons arrays, and i never found any M9.. but lots of m9 ammo.

 

I know its made this way, cuz its meant to be hard to find stuff.. i get it.. I want to set a low ammo % chance, but if i keep finding useless ammo. If we could reduce the number of ammo types on a mission, we can reduce the % chances to find ammo, but only, if i can use it...

 

What i mean is... if i live in a "world" of only AKs, why should i keep finding STANAG?

 

2 hours ago, haleks said:

@brunohxcx: If you are using the custom weapons arrays, make sure support for other mods are not set to "yes" or "weapons only".

Only RHS is set to YES and arma 3 is limited.

If i use the custom weapons arrays, other weapons still spawn? cuz im still finding weapons that arent on custom weapons arrays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, brunohxcx said:

What i mean is... if i live in a "world" of only AKs, why should i keep finding STANAG?

 

It's the Apocalypse man, maybe your not meant to find AK mags in every dustbin...

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, brunohxcx said:

yes, i mean, even choosing the weapons that will appear on loot, i keep finding ammo from weapons that arent on the list

in my experience, it would drop wrong magazines for thai warfare mod shotguns. maybe thats connected. that also happened when using a own script, seperate from ravage. hence i think its a problem with how thai warfare is configured or just with its shotguns. btw it would spawn stanag mags instead of the appropriate shotgun shells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@brunohxcx, this might help with some of the "useless" ammo you find....

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×