Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, haleks said:

 

Pheeeeew, that's a lot!

Even with dynamic simulation enabled, that's probably too much.

 

A few advices :

- If dynamic simulation isn't enabled/properly configured already, have a go at it and see if it helps.

- Use 3den Enhanced to disable AI features you don't need on hand-placed AIs.

 

If that doesn't suffice to improve framerate, you should definitely reduce the number of AIs. Or write a dedicated caching system for them, but that requires advanced scripting techniques.

So far, I disabled some unnecessary ai features for each hand placed ai. Will give feedback of how it goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Global population limit is 150 as of rightnow

Ok so you don't have to stop the AI from moving period but what you can do is enable Dynamic simulation on a single AI or group then head to the Attributes tab and select performance once there you will see that the default activation distance for AI is 500m and for vehicles it 350m. AI will become active from player or enemy AI faction once in range  what I recommend is turning down the distance for AI and vehicles to match each others activation distance. Towards the bottom of the performance tab you will see what is called Activation distance Modifier this multiplies the activation distance for non static Ai I believe the default is x2 you will want to drop that to x1 or to whatever you desire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Global population limit is 150 as of rightnow

 

The number of the items is ok, as i have seen working even with 3000 or more,

but numbers above or even close to 100 is already enough.

You should keep just the Ravage spawn and use also a dynamic (spawn - despawn) script for certain areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think 128 Ai is the issue, if they are not in combat (or 100 AI in a 100 m radius) the performance must be alright, for exemple i got performance issue with 15 AI in a specific place on Taunus if they are geared with Niarms mode, thats weird but i think there issues with mods and LOD, cause if i understand he got perf issue only in a specific area.

 

Same with los santos, MSKE or Xcam prototype there is few broken area i need to delete some object with a game logic cause i drop under 20 on an empty map (no AI or hand placed object)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Ok so you don't have to stop the AI from moving period but what you can do is enable Dynamic simulation on a single AI or group then head to the Attributes tab and select performance once there you will see that the default activation distance for AI is 500m and for vehicles it 350m. AI will become active from player or enemy AI faction once in range  what I recommend is turning down the distance for AI and vehicles to match each others activation distance. Towards the bottom of the performance tab you will see what is called Activation distance Modifier this multiplies the activation distance for non static Ai I believe the default is x2 you will want to drop that to x1 or to whatever you desire.

Yep every ai has dynamic simulation..Will see your other options to see if they work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Yep every ai has dynamic simulation..Will see your other options to see if they work

sounds good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

sounds good

I also tried playing with the "required" mods of my missions (which isn't too much compared to my other list). It seems that I got much more playable frames when around & inside the large survivor areas.

 

Edit: Changed the activation distance modifier to x1.5 and changed ai activation distance to 350m just like the vehicles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lv1234 said:

I also tried playing with the "required" mods of my missions (which isn't too much compared to my other list). It seems that I got much more playable frames when around & inside the large survivor areas.

 

Edit: Changed the activation distance modifier to x1.5 and changed ai activation distance to 350m just like the vehicles

ok awesome but I forgot one thing and that is in the performance tab at very bottom you will want to uncheck the box that says limit by object view distance I believe this will override the 350m x1.5 if not unchecked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello im working on ravage mission its a TvT with few sector for 20 ppl, there is bleed ticket system and i would like to know if its possible to earn a ticket when an infected is killed.

 

For exemple if a blufor player kill an infected west side earn 1 ticket...

 

Or an other way buy ticket with Rvg banknote, for exemple 1 ticket cost 10 banknote.

 

Its possible to do that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to define custom military buildings for military loot to spawn, because it seems like there are none on ChernarusRedux.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

Is it possible to define custom military buildings for military loot to spawn, because it seems like there are none on ChernarusRedux.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure how to define custom military buildings but what you could do is increase the spawn chance for weapons and ammo at civilian and industrial buildings and or add more military buildings by hand to the map. One more thing you could do to improve the scenario is add more weapons to the Common, Military and rare section In the loot module after doing this lootpiles and AI will carry more of a variety of ammo and weapons along with the traders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

Not sure how to define custom military buildings but what you could do is increase the spawn chance for weapons and ammo at civilian and industrial buildings and or add more military buildings by hand to the map. One more thing you could do to improve the scenario is add more weapons to the Common, Military and rare section In the loot module after doing this lootpiles and AI will carry more of a variety of ammo and weapons along with the traders.

What i noticed is that there are only civilian type of buildings, because i never found any jerry cans or toolboxes on CHR either (only at bandits).

Placing military buildings  would be a pain in the ass because of the amount but maybe i'll do it. I would like to keep the map as clean as possible, that's why i always rely on scripts. :icon_biggrin: 

I was experimenting with the weapon and ammo amount and i just got it right, so it's easier to find a gun, than ammo. I was also thinking about adding more weapons to the common weaponry, but i couldn't expand it much more than it is now. You know, adding M16s and AKs to civilian buildings would be just OP (I'm using CUP btw).

 

I guess i'll stick to the helicrash seeking and bandit hunting. :shoot:

But anyway, thanks for the tips. :rthumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I have been holding onto this body temperature script for awhile now and would love to use it again, The issue is that the players health auto regenerates if temp is at the default 37 degrees Celsius only when the players temp drops below this is he able to receive damage without the health regenerating. If someone would be willing to take a look mabey you could spot the issue causing this problem. I have provided the bodytemp.sqf in the spoiler. Thanks guys

Spoiler

   _fires = {inflamed _x} count (nearestObjects [player, ["All"], 2]); 

   _shelter = count (lineIntersectsSurfaces [atltoasl (player modeltoworld (player selectionPosition "head")), atltoasl (player modeltoworld [0,0,10]), player, objnull]);
   
   _tempIncrease = 0;   

   
   _daytime = 1-sunOrmoon;

   _weather = rain; //(rain + _daytime)/2;

   
   if (_shelter > 0) then
   {
    _weather = _weather * 0;
   };
   
   
   _tempIncrease = -_weather * babe_tempFactor;
   
   
   
   if (_fires > 0) then
   {
    _tempIncrease = _tempIncrease + _fires * babe_tempFactor;
   };
   
   _spd = velocity player;
   _spd = (abs(_spd select 0)) + (abs(_spd select 1)) + (abs(_spd select 2));
   
   if (_spd > 0.1) then
   {
    _tempIncrease = _tempIncrease * 0.01;
   };
   
   babe_temperatur = babe_temperatur + _tempIncrease;
   
   if (babe_temperatur < 37) then
   {
    //cutText ["","White IN"];
    enableCamShake true; 
    addCamShake [0.5 * (37-babe_temperatur)/11, 1, 50];
    player setStamina (getStamina player) - 0.01;
   };
   
   
   if (babe_temperatur < 32) then
   {
    player setStamina 0;
    player setdamage (damage player) + babe_coldDamage * 25/(37-babe_temperatur);
   };

   if (babe_temperatur < 26) then
   {
    babe_temperatur = 26;
   };
   
   if (babe_temperatur >= 37) then
   {
    babe_temperatur = 37;
    player setDamage (damage player) - 0.01;
   };

  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a question about rvg_fn_zed_attack

 

I want to remove this section

 

if (isPlayer _target) then {
			if (vehicle _target isEqualTo _target && {random (loadAbs _target) > 1000 - (loadAbs _target * 0.5)}) then {
				_relDir = [_target, _zed] call BIS_fnc_relativeDirTo;
				if (_relDir < 270 && {_relDir > 90}) then {
					if (!isNull (unitBackpack _target)) then {
						0 = [_target] call rvg_fnc_detachBackpack;
					};
				} else {
					if (random 10 < 1) then {
						_target call rvg_fnc_removeWeapon;
					};
				};
			};
		};

so it stops removing backpacks and weapons, am I allowed to repack this function in my mod to override it? or is there another way to stop this from happening? Its quite buggy when mixed with exile, a second unit is spawned when your weapon is taken and if you shoot it it will despawn with your gun, and theres no way to get it back after its taken, rather just get rid of that alltogether

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@crazy mike: I can add optional parameters for those in the module, that's probably going to be usefull to a lot of people anyway.

But man, I have to say, Exile truly is a pain in the ass with their mod blocking every single script and function... The bug you mention only happens because you need to whitelist pretty much everything for remoteExec.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, haleks said:

@crazy mike: I can add optional parameters for those in the module, that's probably going to be usefull to a lot of people anyway.

But man, I have to say, Exile truly is a pain in the ass with their mod blocking every single script and function... The bug you mention only happens because you need to whitelist pretty much everything for remoteExec.

exile plays nice with about 0% of any mods that have custom functions and scripts lol

 

it only works "ok" with gear mods vehicle mods ect >.<

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@haleks: Thanks for an amazing mod!

 

Long time lurker, first time poster here, but I've spent countless hours having fun with Ravage. As mentioned by lv1234 above, there seems to be a problem with safe zones and radiation:

On 7/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, lv1234 said:

Separate problems here, It seems that my "essential" survivors have a hard time staying still. Some would wonder off to a random positions inside the survivor area and stay there. So far I have made them stay using the "stay on position" option in 3eden enhanced and forced them to "hold". I don't want to make these survivors stop "moving" since they need to secure the areas.

 

Another problem i am having regarding the safezones. For some reason when I am inside the safe zones of survivor areas, I am still getting radiation poisoning? I ensured that the safe zones excluded radiations.

 

I also get radiation exposure inside the safe zones, no matter whether I switch "exclude radiations" to yes or no. I don't think I've experienced this before the latest build. Any help would be appreciated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any support for NIArms? Apologies if it's come up many times throughout the course of this thread but I thought I'd just skip to the front and see if there's anyway to put these guns into the mod/scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone

 

Does anyone know how to make players respawn in the air with a parachute when they first join the MP game and die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LazyAmerican said:

Any support for NIArms? Apologies if it's come up many times throughout the course of this thread but I thought I'd just skip to the front and see if there's anyway to put these guns into the mod/scenarios.

 

You can support NIArms yourself by adding NIArms weapon classnames to the Common, Military, Rare or Launcher arrays, found in the Equipment Module.  

This will add NIArms to spawned AI and the Loot System.

:rthumb:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little teaser of some new (retextured) facewear/headgear assets for Ravage.  (You can follow progress of these assets over here.)

Uoweq2u.jpg  

Spoiler

ssKHbEP.jpg

avZHbyW.jpg

RXXAk5B.jpg

h9cTmrN.jpg

Coming soon to a Bandit or Renegade near you...:rthumb:

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing this mod for some time now and here's my opinion on what I think is missing :

~First of all i think that u should add helicrashes that you can loot and AI should defend it or try to loot it.

~I think that you should add bandit camps in the forest with some campfires and badrolls.

~More bandits and renegades patrol the military bases, and maybe add like a safe zone island with civilians and food/weapon shops.

 

Maybe one of this would be added and I hope that you will continue updating Ravage cuz it has alot of potential. 

Much love <3 !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, librameister said:

I've been playing this mod for some time now and here's my opinion on what I think is missing :

~First of all i think that u should add helicrashes that you can loot and AI should defend it or try to loot it.

~I think that you should add bandit camps in the forest with some campfires and badrolls.

~More bandits and renegades patrol the military bases, and maybe add like a safe zone island with civilians and food/weapon shops.

 

A couple of cool Ravagers have written scripts to help with some of that....

Heli Crashsites script by George Floros

Dynamic Bandit Camp Spawn script by Vandeanson

 

For safe zones and trader shops, Ravage already has these features built into it.

For extra tips on creating your own missions with Ravage, check out the Wiki and the official YouTube channel courtesy of Gunter Severloh.

:rthumb:  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather forecast :

 

The next Ravage update looks like it's going to be rather dusty...

Spoiler

181C4E165B19400801D460C1E219DF8091CB6913

 

6C025045AA561BD0E13D1EC8D5E5405BF2543E7C

 

047FEE5D03DB7453C3205CE6EEA9FF9F9CA06C2E

 

Players are advised to wear facial protection while outdoors. Be warned, dust storms may cause frequent weapon jamming...

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×