Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Every signature file is updated as usual. Does it happen with the version from GoogleDrive too?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, haleks said:

Enjoy everyone!

 

Thank you haleks for the update !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Haleks,

 

just as i said a reminder: "Eagle Wing OST" ;) (Only a joke :P )

Thnx for the Update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excelente mod podría decir que es el mejor que tiene arma 3 juego hace más de un año y cada día me sorprende con algo nuevo, adelante sigan así  hacen un trabajo único el mapa jugador individual de altis es fantástico lo juego con un mod de inteligencia llamado vcom lo q hace q algunas veces me roben  el vehículo y le agrega una pizca más de realismo, lo sigo constantemente saludos desde argentina !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, haleks said:

Every signature file is updated as usual. Does it happen with the version from GoogleDrive too?


It did happen with google drive as well. The picture sent was from the workshop version.

mEYtA9V.png

Do you re-sign every pbo with updates or just the main key?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always re-sign everything with a new key for each release.

The weird thing is that DS utilities tells me all signatures check.

 

I'll re-sign the files and update the SW version in a few hours, in case something went wrong last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Donnie_Plays: (or anyone having the signature problem) when you have the time, could you run a quick test with those files before I push an update? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e38GYMS2e3rcX4tJM5Odr7p-3SqgyxuS/view?usp=sharing

I've repacked rvg_missions and signed it with the same 156 key. Both DS utilities and the Arma3 launcher check it as signed, tell me if that fixes that for you. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work on the update Haleks and putting the mod up on Steam Workshop, at first when i seen it there as i check daily for new missions for the list ;)

I had to do a double take, as i thought it was another person uploading the mod again.

What finally got you to put the mod on workshop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No signature problems on my end, tested both Steam and GoogleDrive versions in SP and on my private dedicated server.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

What finally got you to put the mod on workshop?

 

The amount of content people have been creating and publishing. One of the reasons I was reluctant to publish Ravage on the Workshop was that future major updates could potentially break a lot of missions; but the mod is becoming quite popular it seems, so it doesn't really make sense to keep it outside the WS anymore... I'll just have to be carefull not to break anything with the next updates. ^^

 

By the way, rvg_Apex and rvg_Cup don't show up in the launcher with the WS version... Looks like I'll have to upload them separately.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@haleks i got an error on the createFireEffect function of yours, nothing major i believe, line 66 Undefined variable in expression _unit 

 

waitUntil {({_x distance _unit < 700} count (allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F")) isEqualTo 0};
//possible fix?
waitUntil {({_x distance player or _pos < 700} count (allPlayers - entities "HeadlessClient_F")) isEqualTo 0};

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, haleks said:

The amount of content people have been creating and publishing. One of the reasons I was reluctant to publish Ravage on the Workshop was that future major updates could potentially break a lot of missions; but the mod is becoming quite popular it seems, so it doesn't really make sense to keep it outside the WS anymore... I'll just have to be carefull not to break anything with the next updates. ^^


I've had 11,000 views in one week on my "The Last Survivor" mission. It was frontpaged on steam workshop for like four or five days as well. There are a ton of people excited about Ravage being on workshop. Thank you Haleks!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just released a small hotfix on the WS, I will update the OP and the google drive link later this week-end, once I've made some changes to the file structure.

 

I have to say, the Workshop is practical to use for small updates like this...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any powerlines on Altis when Ravage is loaded. Is that desired behavior? If not, is anyone experiencing the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is intended, yes. But I plan on releasing a separate addon for this kind of changes, and make it optional.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info, sounds good! Just been wondering... actually I didn't notice that they were gone in all the hours I've been playing already :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, haleks said:

I have to say, the Workshop is practical to use for small updates like this...

Exactly what I want to say.... that will appreciate users with bad internet connection like me!

Thanks for your effort @haleks and others for helping him!!!

I think that since the Ravage is on SW, fanbase will be twice as big as now.

Mission maker will confirm that most of negative feedback is given by plp who are not able to correctly install mod, and they give up on playing rvg scenarios.

 

I want to ask you @haleks : what are your next goal(s) with mod? I know you are rewriting old code now, but do you have any new addition (or big change) on which we can look forward to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@haleks

 

Was curious now that I have seen it on the workshop..were my compositions used? or you still waiting for a larger patch to use them in...I was just curious and wanted to see something good come out of my 100+ building compositions, for the sake of the game mainly..and a little bit of my own pride..either way, won't have any complaints, still a really fine mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 5:36 AM, kodabar said:

Someone asked a question on the wiki and it's a good one. Whilst one can add custom uniforms to zombies using the override in the ambient zombies module, they would like to be able to make the specific to a locale. Thus zombies in a lab would be wearing lab coats, zombies in a military base would be wearing military uniforms, etc. I'm struggling to think of a simple way of doing this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Hi.

 

I used to do this with the override in zombie horde module. It requires a LOT of modules for a full map sandbox tho.

 

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a RAVAGE dedicated server set up! It has three factions with specific starting uniforms. It also has heli crashes and crate drops, roaming AI, zombies and of course looting. There is a random respawn system if you die and a killfeed. There is a group system but you must get close to the player to add them to the group. You can check in game stats by pushing "P".


The server has four hour restarts for now. We may change this. We're testing for performance at four hours. So far everything has been good. You can find the server on the regular Arma launcher just search in the browser.


SERVER NAME:
Infection Podcast - Ravage - Factions - PVP - Zombies

 

IP:
63.224.241.83 : 2302

 

REQUIRED MODS:
Tembelan
CUP Terrains Core
CBA_A3
Ravage
Warfare Ex Thai
Enhanced Movement
 

Before anyone asks... we are not going to add more mods to the server. Everything is set up to give a good balance of action, looting, surviving with good FPS and performance. More mods will ruin this experience. I'm personally not at all into most Arma servers because they tend to run 10-15 mods and it hurts performance and gameplay.


The server has a 24 hour day and night cycle. It takes about two and a half hours for a 24 hour period to pass with the dynamic weather system. You need to keep ahold of flares and chemlights. It gets dark and scary at night. More zombies and they are more aggressive.


Have fun everyone!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

We have a RAVAGE dedicated server set up! It has three factions with specific starting uniforms. It also has heli crashes and crate drops, roaming AI, zombies and of course looting. There is a random respawn system if you die and a killfeed. There is a group system but you must get close to the player to add them to the group. You can check in game stats by pushing "P".


The server has four hour restarts for now. We may change this. We're testing for performance at four hours. So far everything has been good. You can find the server on the regular Arma launcher just search in the browser.


SERVER NAME:
Infection Podcast - Ravage - Factions - PVP - Zombies

 

IP:
63.224.241.83 : 2302

 

REQUIRED MODS:
Tembelan
CUP Terrains Core
CBA_A3
Ravage
Warfare Ex Thai
Enhanced Movement
 

Before anyone asks... we are not going to add more mods to the server. Everything is set up to give a good balance of action, looting, surviving with good FPS and performance. More mods will ruin this experience. I'm personally not at all into most Arma servers because they tend to run 10-15 mods and it hurts performance and gameplay.


The server has a 24 hour day and night cycle. It takes about two and a half hours for a 24 hour period to pass with the dynamic weather system. You need to keep ahold of flares and chemlights. It gets dark and scary at night. More zombies and they are more aggressive.


Have fun everyone!

Ayo this is great! How does the group system work though exactly? <3 ty

 

JK, it is very self explanatory - you just half to be on the same faction as your bud.

Edited by Not_Oliver
resolved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do not have to be the same faction to be in a group, Oliver. You just walk up to the player and scroll to group menu and join group.

By the way, we are removing one faction and just going with two instead of three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×