@ cosmic10r and @all interested in a MP session:

I have a few suggestions for the event, starting with

1) The time:

While I myself have off days now, the same might not be the case for all of the others. So I'd say 30.12. would be a good day for a potentially longer session since it's Saturday and at least the 9 to 5 guys have more leisure time at their disposal. Cosmic suggested an European timezone. My zone would be CET.

2) The server:

In the unlikely case of Cosmic's server not being ready, I can offer a 10 slot dedi located in Germany. It has a great selection of mods uploaded, including Chernarus Redux. But ofc a largely vanilla game is possible; mods are available but not mandatory.

3) The Map:

I like Chernarus Redux very very much, but since we can' t know for sure if the devs will fix the known FPS dropping objects in time for hour event, I vote for Malden instead.

4) Modset:

I love mods. Period. But the more of them, the more complications could emerge. Period. ;-)  However, if all event players agree, I'd like to have Enhanced Movement in the game. Also I'd like to use Warfarethai, RHS US/AFRF/GREF and IFA3 because this would allow me to invite you all to test the current RC of my magazine compatibility patch between the above listed mods. I have permission to release it on SWS and would do so to support a variety of guns in the game. ATTOW the compatibility encompasses almost all of the rifles and MG's, but not yet the pistols. If we were to use my patch, we would alleviate loot sparsity a bit since I have made any mag with correct caliber work with guns that shoot this caliber. So even an M24 SWS 5rnd mag can be fired from a G3 rifle or a HK  417 to simulate the loading of these 5 rnds into an empty mag of one of these rifles. Decide for yourselves if we should test that out...

Cya real soon in an Apocalypse near your PC

tourist

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tourist said:

-snip-

I certainly would be interested in a MP Session and your magazine compatibility patch sounds a great idea for using multiple mods :thumbs-up:

6 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I was running project SFX and bloodlust. I had a suspicion that one of the mods I was running, caused the problem. I have been testing a lot of different mods lately with Ravage just for fun.

I found both to be responsible for that...I am stuck with nothing to make their deaths more enjoyable

I have been having extreme difficulty expanding the lists of equipment that AI units spawn in with; currently I am trying to ensure that the AI spawn with the majority of RHS uniforms and weapons. None of the information regarding modifying loot lists / AI equipment lists seems to be up-to-date or functional at all.

Edited by Hauptmann_Gondola
more information

@haleks

I am curious, I cannot seem to shake this issue with my mission...I am using an old line of code that Jimmakos gave me, it used to be the code for the original demo Altis mission. I am having an error in the code when I start the game in the editor, it keeps giving me the exact same error, and I can't find my way into the Ravage files to see what the problem is...I have asked about it multiple times in the past, but it tends to get overlooked...Cosmic said the script looked fine, and I have gone with it...but I cannot seem to get rid of the error.

If I set the equipment pool to use limited Arma 3 content, it will give me an error, and when set on the Altis preset, it will spawn the dead body at the wreck with nothing but a vest, bag, helmet, and an Arma 3 vanilla gun. If I set it to anything else, it spawns the body with mod weapons and equipment. This error also starts the player with whatever bag, vest, and headgear it can randomly provide, but will keep the original outfit (I set the player in their undergarments to allow the gear to completely randomize) and give them random items in their inventory. I have tried checking if it was because I was attempting to allow different mods to use their items and gear, and was not using them myself. This was not the case.

I do not know how to access the actual Ravage file (as the error seems to be pointing that way, but I cannot access it) and I cannot find a solution that allows the script to work properly. I am presenting this issue to you, in hopes that maybe you can fix it, or direct me on how I may fix it. Here is the link to the screenshot I have of the error.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229064240

Thank you for anything you can do, I appreciate any help that you can provide.

Hello everyone. Recently I tried to setup a dedicated server on my laptop to play with my friend. The server includes mods including Ravage and every time I host it server  fps goes down straigt to 0. I played a little with mission editor, and found out that every time i host a mission including Ravage loot system server fps is 0, without it everything works fine. Every other aspect of Ravage works just not the loot system. I wonder is it something the loot system or it just require really powerfull PC to host it?

System specs:

Cpu: i7-4700MQ

Ram: 16Gb 1600MHz

Disk: Plextor PX-128M6Pro SSD

Btw my friend tried to create dedicated server on his PC, which is far more superior than my laptop (unfortunatly I don't have specs right now) with the same results.

@Battlechief:

if I run Bloodlust without project SFX, but instead with other mods like:

• unit SFX
  • laxemann immerse
  • sanchez headshot mod
  • and Incon immersion scripts,

I do not get the "Zombie All-You-Can-Eat" glitch.   

IMHO it's Projext SFX in combination or alone that causes the trouble.  

@BattleChief Just a word of thought when typing up replies, please press the space bar after a few sentences, i'd like to read what you have to say

but seriously press the space bar and create paragraphs, thank you.

@tourist I love your type of feedback, lists and bold text, but most importantly when i start working on RavWarMod again i hope that you can "tour" my thread and provide good feedback too :)

13 hours ago, Hauptmann_Gondola said:

I have been having extreme difficulty expanding the lists of equipment that AI units spawn in with; currently I am trying to ensure that the AI spawn with the majority of RHS uniforms and weapons. None of the information regarding modifying loot lists / AI equipment lists seems to be up-to-date or functional at all.

I'm going to temporarily pull those lists down while Haleks changes the way this works... It has caused more harm then good at this point....

In future iterations, my understanding is that this will be much easier.

10 hours ago, BattleChief said:

@haleks

I am curious, I cannot seem to shake this issue with my mission...I am using an old line of code that Jimmakos gave me, it used to be the code for the original demo Altis mission. I am having an error in the code when I start the game in the editor, it keeps giving me the exact same error, and I can't find my way into the Ravage files to see what the problem is...I have asked about it multiple times in the past, but it tends to get overlooked...Cosmic said the script looked fine, and I have gone with it...but I cannot seem to get rid of the error. If I set the equipment pool to use limited Arma 3 content, it will give me an error, and when set on the Altis preset, it will spawn the dead body at the wreck with nothing but a vest, bag, helmet, and an Arma 3 vanilla gun. If I set it to anything else, it spawns the body with mod weapons and equipment. This error also starts the player with whatever bag, vest, and headgear it can randomly provide, but will keep the original outfit (I set the player in their undergarments to allow the gear to completely randomize) and give them random items in their inventory. I have tried checking if it was because I was attempting to allow different mods to use their items and gear, and was not using them myself. This was not the case. I do not know how to access the actual Ravage file (as the error seems to be pointing that way, but I cannot access it) and I cannot find a solution that allows the script to work properly. I am presenting this issue to you, in hopes that maybe you can fix it, or direct me on how I may fix it. Here is the link to the screenshot I have of the error.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229064240

Thank you for anything you can do, I appreciate any help that you can provide.

While the error points to ravage it is something to do with a classname for the uniforms you are using.

I got a similar Ravage error when I changed the classname of one of the rusty guns..

Ravage couldnt find it and would throw a _magazine error ... as soon as I updated the classname it went away.

I had to update the classname in Ravage.pbo. You shouldnt need to do this... that was just a dev thing... I dont get that error so have a look at what uniforms you are forcing in or which equipement pools you have active. It will be in there.

5 hours ago, Reynevan. said:

Hello everyone. Recently I tried to setup a dedicated server on my laptop to play with my friend. The server includes mods including Ravage and every time I host it server  fps goes down straigt to 0. I played a little with mission editor, and found out that every time i host a mission including Ravage loot system server fps is 0, without it everything works fine. Every other aspect of Ravage works just not the loot system. I wonder is it something the loot system or it just require really powerfull PC to host it?

System specs:

Cpu: i7-4700MQ

Ram: 16Gb 1600MHz

Disk: Plextor PX-128M6Pro SSD

Btw my friend tried to create dedicated server on his PC, which is far more superior than my laptop (unfortunatly I don't have specs right now) with the same results.

That is an unusual problem and one that I don't think any of us have

Arma is up to date?

You are running the latest versions of CBA and Ravage?

7 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

That is an unusual problem and one that I don't think any of us have

Arma is up to date?

You are running the latest versions of CBA and Ravage?

Everything is up to date.

Arma and CBA are updated by steam.

Ravage files were downloaded from link in the first post of this topic.

I would love to join an MP Ravage Escape mission but depends on the time zone due to my location.

Also, enhanced movement with maybe enhanced vision, enhanced environment sound, and blast core edit would be my recommendation.  It can optional since those are mostly client side mods.

+1 for Chernarus Redux. Would love to find a group to play on that map.

16 hours ago, tourist said:

I have a few suggestions for the event, starting with

1) The time:

While I myself have off days now, the same might not be the case for all of the others. So I'd say 30.12. would be a good day for a potentially longer session since it's Saturday and at least the 9 to 5 guys have more leisure time at their disposal. Cosmic suggested an European timezone. My zone would be CET.

2) The server:

In the unlikely case of Cosmic's server not being ready, I can offer a 10 slot dedi located in Germany. It has a great selection of mods uploaded, including Chernarus Redux. But ofc a largely vanilla game is possible; mods are available but not mandatory.

3) The Map:

I like Chernarus Redux very very much, but since we can' t know for sure if the devs will fix the known FPS dropping objects in time for hour event, I vote for Malden instead.

4) Modset:

I love mods. Period. But the more of them, the more complications could emerge. Period. ;-)  However, if all event players agree, I'd like to have Enhanced Movement in the game. Also I'd like to use Warfarethai, RHS US/AFRF/GREF and IFA3 because this would allow me to invite you all to test the current RC of my magazine compatibility patch between the above listed mods. I have permission to release it on SWS and would do so to support a variety of guns in the game. ATTOW the compatibility encompasses almost all of the rifles and MG's, but not yet the pistols. If we were to use my patch, we would alleviate loot sparsity a bit since I have made any mag with correct caliber work with guns that shoot this caliber. So even an M24 SWS 5rnd mag can be fired from a G3 rifle or a HK  417 to simulate the loading of these 5 rnds into an empty mag of one of these rifles. Decide for yourselves if we should test that out...

Cya real soon in an Apocalypse near your PC

tourist

1) time should be fine. Are you thinking early evening your time Tourist... like a 7pm start... that put it at an 11am start for me and something between that and 2pm for @Donnie_Plays depending on which side he is.

@R0adki11 and @Evil Organ are close to your time zone too... I think you are the farthest east. As long as that works for everyone then I am good with that.

2)The dedi is running and updated. Im having trouble getting chernoredux to load in with my fix tho... the clutter is driving me nuts. I fixed it locally using what i picked up from the New Haven fix but the Dedi hates it.

Malden is working fine. To keep it simple for a first time, I think we should run as vanilla as possible. In the long run I will be leaving the dedi up running Escape and opening it up for use for the people in this thread.

Once we get Vanilla playthrough through the books I would love to try a Ravage Community Escape Once a month and start adding modsets, layering them so we can troubleshoot issue.... scheduled and whoever can make it that time can hop in.

3)Malden for now. Especially with the fps bug... I am getting 60-80 fps on the dedi at the start of escape and 40ish in big towns.

4)As I mentioned, I would prefer as vanilla as possible for now... 2 reasons... 

1) with a bunch of people playing and diff modset, we will likely spend the first hour on compatibiliies... i hate that, just want to get in and play this time

2) Any issues will be hard to troubleshoot... I would rather work up the mods over playthroughs... especially with over 4 players...

Thoughts?

16 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I certainly would be interested in a MP Session and your magazine compatibility patch sounds a great idea for using multiple mods :thumbs-up:

Would be awesome to have 6-8 people... Our MP testing sessions last year were a hoot...

8 minutes ago, Reynevan. said:

Everything is up to date.

Arma and CBA are updated by steam.

Ravage files were downloaded from link in the first post of this topic.

Thats pretty bizarre... so both computers slow down to a crawl when the loot module is down and one is desktop and one is a laptop.

If you get a minute... pop into VR in the editor.

Drop a unit to play as from blufor, plop down the ravage equipment module and loot module. 

Add a civ unit and add this code to it's init

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];

Launch it and let me know if that kills the FPS too..

That init code should create a Trader and you should see him get a backpack and have the buy and sell actions in the action menu when you run up to him

. its gonna be a hard one because I can't simulate it on my end.

8 minutes ago, Valken said:

I would love to join an MP Ravage Escape mission but depends on the time zone due to my location.

Also, enhanced movement with maybe enhanced vision, enhanced environment sound, and blast core edit would be my recommendation.  It can optional since those are mostly client side mods.

I consider EM a core mod now... So i forget to bring it up... lol

For sure

If anyone is interested then keep track of the times for play we are talking about. Ill @  everyone who mentions they are interested.

I  will post the Dedi server details up tomorrow so people can test join and we can try to eliminate the usual hour of troubleshooting that usually precedes MP lol

Whats the call on TS or Tfar? Maybe do TS to start and in future games move to TFAR. Might be a little complex and annoying on first playthrough...

12 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Thats pretty bizarre... so both computers slow down to a crawl when the loot module is down and one is desktop and one is a laptop.

If you get a minute... pop into VR in the editor.

Drop a unit to play as from blufor, plop down the ravage equipment module and loot module. 

Add a civ unit and add this code to it's init

Launch it and let me know if that kills the FPS too..

That init code should create a Trader and you should see him get a backpack and have the buy and sell actions in the action menu when you run up to him

. its gonna be a hard one because I can't simulate it on my end.

So I did as you asked and after launching the mission on the server the server fps went down to 0.

Also i didn't have any option to interact with npc.

2 minutes ago, Reynevan. said:

So I did as you asked and after launching the mission on the server the server fps went down to 0.

This is a new one... 

Sorry man... I m stumped at the moment... Maybe one of the other guys has an idea...

Im not sure this one has ever been reported before...

Just now, cosmic10r said:

This is a new one... 

Sorry man... I m stumped at the moment... Maybe one of the other guys has an idea...

Im not sure this one has ever been reported before...

No problem. Thanks for the help anyway.

3 minutes ago, Reynevan. said:

No problem. Thanks for the help anyway.

Im sure it will annoy me that we can't pinpoint it so I will post back if any lightbulbs pop up

haha 

Im an idiot...

I forgot to upload DS houses to the server... thats way cherno won't load...

:smiley-punched:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Reynevan. said:

You need the Ambient AI module to create and interact with a trader.

4 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

You need the Ambient AI module to create and interact with a trader.

Opps... sorry guys lol... I thought the loot one was enough...

6 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

While the error points to ravage it is something to do with a classname for the uniforms you are using.

I got a similar Ravage error when I changed the classname of one of the rusty guns..

Ravage couldnt find it and would throw a _magazine error ... as soon as I updated the classname it went away.

I had to update the classname in Ravage.pbo. You shouldnt need to do this... that was just a dev thing... I dont get that error so have a look at what uniforms you are forcing in or which equipement pools you have active. It will be in there.

........I hate it when a simple solution isn't so easy to see....It worked Cosmic...once again, you save my bacon, and found a solution...Also, I have edited the previous post so its in paragraphs

• Like 2

@cosmic10r

So, I just tried again, and now the error is back, I have set the equipment pool to accept RHS and Friths ruin, and have set Arma 3 items to limited, the rest are set to no...

EDIT: I just realized that when it worked, I was using an older version of Ravage, around 1.4.3 to be exact...

Hey guys I have made quite a few Missions using the Ravage Mod along with scripts I Have found on the Web and Ravage Wikia I was wondering if anyone knows how to Edit the Loot tables for the Traders Specifically the Traders that I Have placed while in editor using these scripts.

-Gear Trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];

-Arms trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

• Like 1