Hi jarrad96,

I will be really interessed in your way to spawn random trash. Do you have some script/code to share?

EDIT: The CBA team has provided a hotfix. I will test it in 8 hours but in the meaning time if someone can provide feedbacks, it will be most welcomed. 

40 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Hi jarrad96,

I will be really interessed in your way to spawn random trash. Do you have some script/code to share?

I would be very much interested too. Atm moment everything is "hand-placed" on my chernarus map but to fill an entire map solo takes to much time. 
Some time ago i was trying to convert the original rubble/trash script of the original DayZ-mod but it was a big failure. So if there is a way (script) to put some stuff on the streets..... it would be really appreciated if you could share it  :D

I hand placed all the trash, not using a random script- that's why the mission was unreleased for about 3 months :) 

You might be able to look into how ALiVE or other mods randomise IED's, as they use the trash models. 

Well then I think a better idea will be to check the code to spawn vehicles and wrecks in Ravage, and try to do quite the same thing for random objects.

I have no clues how Ravage detects the roads and put vehicles on it. I'm searching to understand how Haleks did this. 

3 hours ago, zuzul said:

Well then I think a better idea will be to check the code to spawn vehicles and wrecks in Ravage, and try to do quite the same thing for random objects.

I have no clues how Ravage detects the roads and put vehicles on it. I'm searching to understand how Haleks did this. 

Here's a small code snippet showing how to detect roads and select one random segment :

_pos = position player;
_roads = _pos nearRoads 500;
if !(_roads isEqualTo []) then {
	_road = _roads call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	_roadPos = getPosATL _road;
	//spawn some stuff
};

That's pretty much how I spawn vehicles and wrecks in Ravage - but it needs serious improvements.

That code only looks for road segments and then pick up their position; but segments can be quite long, meaning that the above isn't enough to create a line of cars (for instance), as each car will be separated from the next by a good distance...

I began writing an improved method for detecting multiple positions along road segments - but I'm pretty sure I deleted/lost what I had. :/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zuzul said:

EDIT: The CBA team has provided a hotfix. I will test it in 8 hours but in the meaning time if someone can provide feedbacks, it will be most welcomed. 

We ran on the new CBA hotfix last night. The only thing noticed was hydration stayed at 100 after player respawn. Probably give it a longer test tonight ourselves.

Fire

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, haleks said:

Here's a small code snippet showing how to detect roads and select one random segment :

_pos = position player;
	//spawn some stuff
};

That's pretty much how I spawn vehicles and wrecks in Ravage - but it needs serious improvements.

That code only looks for road segments and then pick up their position; but segments can be quite long, meaning that the above isn't enough to create a line of cars (for instance), as each car will be separated from the next by a good distance...

I began writing an improved method for detecting multiple positions along road segments - but I'm pretty sure I deleted/lost what I had. :/

Yep, I saw that in your code. What is was not able to find yet is how you call this code in loop around the players. I will investigate.

I'm really and deeply sorry for not currently having the script knowledge to help you.

I got some questions not linked:

+ to give the rusty look to the cars, you used the setObjectMaterialGlobal I saw in your vehInit.sqf?

+ if I remeber what you said, no character put on EDEN is be cached. If this is correct, shall I implemented an extrenal AI caching system or can I used the one from Ravage directly?  

+ what is the use of your functions spawnVillage/Town/Capital?

I think your function setDamage is perfect to create some sleeper zombies in the middle of zombies corpses. I will see if I can spawn zombies by trigger and kill some of them, break the legs of the others and see the feeling it could give. I think of multiples ways to frigthen the players with those effects.

7 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

We ran on the new CBA hotfix last night. The only thing noticed was hydration stayed at 100 after player respawn. Probably give it a longer test tonight ourselves.

Fire

Strange if only this variable is stucked at 100 after respawn. I'll do some checks tonight too and provide feedbacks here. 

• Like 1

Just now, zuzul said:

Strange if only this variable is stucked at 100 after respawn. I'll do some checks tonight too and provide feedbacks here. 

Strangely enough, I feel like the other night it was the nutrition that got stuck, but last night multiple people had the hydration freeze.

I hate even giving feedback right now with all the CBA issues and the new version of Ravage. Kinda feel like things need to settle down a bit in the update world..  if you catch my drift, lol

At the same tiime, it would be nice if Haleks only has to worry about one hotfix.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Strangely enough, I feel like the other night it was the nutrition that got stuck, but last night multiple people had the hydration freeze.

I hate even giving feedback right now with all the CBA issues and the new version of Ravage. Kinda feel like things need to settle down a bit in the update world..  if you catch my drift, lol

At the same tiime, it would be nice if Haleks only has to worry about one hotfix.

Agreed.

I think the CBA fix is not so dramatic: the CBA 3.1.2 is doing the job, so we have a possible rollback method. For the Ravage issues, I'm hoping CBA does not interfere too much with.

• Like 1

Hi guys. Was testing out one of my "settlements". Used the code in init line posted earlier on this forum. Yet all of them say "I have nothing to trade at the moment".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, zuzul said:

Yep, I saw that in your code. What is was not able to find yet is how you call this code in loop around the players. I will investigate.

I'm really and deeply sorry for not currently having the script knowledge to help you.

I got some questions not linked:

+ to give the rusty look to the cars, you used the setObjectMaterialGlobal I saw in your vehInit.sqf?

+ if I remeber what you said, no character put on EDEN is be cached. If this is correct, shall I implemented an extrenal AI caching system or can I used the one from Ravage directly?  

+ what is the use of your functions spawnVillage/Town/Capital?

I think your function setDamage is perfect to create some sleeper zombies in the middle of zombies corpses. I will see if I can spawn zombies by trigger and kill some of them, break the legs of the others and see the feeling it could give. I think of multiples ways to frigthen the players with those effects.

There are multiple ways to loop a script; this one would spawn an object on each segment around the player :

_pos = position player;
	{
		_roadPos = getPosATL _x;
		//spawn some stuff
	} forEach _roads;
};

And this one would spawn stuff on 10 random segments :

_maxSegments = 10;
_pos = position player;
	for "_i" from 1 to _maxSegments do {
		//spawn some stuff
	};
};

More informations on KillzoneKid's blog : http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-loops/

As for the other questions:

- setObjectMaterialGlobal is indeed what I use for the rusty look. I use specific materials for each model, but technically you can apply the same, no matter the vehicle - it will look convincing enough.

- Ravage doesn't have any function to cache alive entities at the moment : the mission system simply despawns and respawns units on the fly, there is no NPC persistency. Only solution is to look for a third party script.

- Those functions are part of the "mission system", wich spawns survivors on various locations. There are of no use by themselves, as they need a few arguments passed by the module settings.

And lastly, a word of warning about the setDamage function I wrote : it is designed to prevent players from limping. In other words, it limits the damages applied to one's legs. ;)

And thanks for your support by the way! It is very much appreciated. ;)

@CrossGTX : I will take another look at traders; meanwhile if your mission is more or less vanilla, feel free to send me a copy.

• Like 1

Hey everyone , i been playing .40 for awhile and just downloaded .43 and now when i click resume to try to continue my saved game , my game crashes. Tried multiple restarts and saves, happens every time. Never even tried loading my old 0.40 save game, so i doubt its any issue like that. 

The current Humble Bundle is pretty much everything ArmA. The only things lacking are the Helicopters, Marksman and Apex DLC for ArmA 3. But it's got every other ArmA game and DLC as far as I can see. Maybe a good time to pick up what you're missing or get a friend into the game.

https://www.humblebundle.com/arma-bundle

• Like 2

I've been playing ravage on LAN for a while now and decided to make it dedicated. We are trying to play the Escape Mission and cannot seem to run it properly. (I apologize if I should comment on that one but it looks like nobody has messaged on it in a while). The server detects it, however when the mission is loaded it has no slots in the mission. BB73038642D31318779661693A88C080DD139934

Edited

Edited by FireWalker
  • Like 3

On my latest MP host for testing out my escape chernarus mission players reported that they were unable to search for loot after re-spawning.

I'm not 100% sure about that so someone else can confirm that as well if true.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

On my latest MP host for testing out my escape chernarus mission players reported that they were unable to search for loot after re-spawning.

I'm not 100% sure about that so someone else can confirm that as well if true.

I did 3 hours of test yesterday.

The last CBA fix solve the issue regarding the path of survivors. That's cool!

No issue on loot, neither on survival system: values of hydratation and nutrition were working correctly. Jimmakos: can you provide more information?

Only issue I encounter is the "Limited content" of the Loot system, which is not working anymore: vanilla content is spawned all over the map, despite the survivors are only using RHS (in my case) weapons. 

I need to make more tests to confirm that, because it seems quite odd to me. 

15 hours ago, haleks said:

And thanks for your support by the way! It is very much appreciated. ;)

No prob and thanks to you for your time and work on this amazing mod!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, haleks said:

And this one would spawn stuff on 10 random segments :

_maxSegments = 10;
_pos = position player;
	for "_i" from 1 to _maxSegments do {
		//spawn some stuff
	};
};

The problem is, that spawned items would not be persistent. Each time you are leaving/entering an area and/or joining a game or respawning after death the scenery would be different. For a bike or something it would ok. A bit immersion-breaking but still ok. But for scenery where spawned stuff should be in the same place all the time, it is way too much. Imho.

I'm still trying to understand is how Dean Hall solved this problem in the original DayZ-mod. He had a config file with all the stuff he wanted to spawn (class-types, coords, height, orientation etc). And some kind of streamline-function that checks the position of a player and spawns the stuff listed in the config file within a certain radius. I'm not sure if there is an advantage using this technique compared to a "static" mission.sqm file that contains all the stuff. On one hand you have a big mission file (my old DayZ-mod file was approx. 3 MB with ~ 10k hand-placed items) and on the other hand you have a small mission file but maybe perfomance issues that occur under certain circumstances due to the constant spawning and despawning of stuff. 

• Like 1

Good remark. For me having a different scenery is not a real issue, especially for mundane objects like trash on the floor. But something killing the modd would obviously be an issue.

Can this kind of script be helpful? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Good remark. For me having a different scenery is not a real issue, especially for mundane objects like trash on the floor. But something killing the modd would obviously be an issue.

Can this kind of script be helpful? 

Holy sh.t..... combined with invisible markers thats exact the stuff that would solve my problems (if it works what i have in mind). Thank you mate !!! Will have a closer look into it asap.

• Like 1

Hi,

Has the issue with the loot not spawning inside buildings when you drive close in a vehicle been fixed, as discussed in here ? The last Ravage version I have used is 0.1.38, there are a few mentions of issues with loot being fixed in the changelog up to the current version, but nothing definite about vehicles.

13 hours ago, Stevetibb95 said:

Hey everyone , i been playing .40 for awhile and just downloaded .43 and now when i click resume to try to continue my saved game , my game crashes. Tried multiple restarts and saves, happens every time. Never even tried loading my old 0.40 save game, so i doubt its any issue like that. 

Check the changelog, but I think MP saved are not compatible within those versions.

3 minutes ago, neofit said:

Hi,

Has the issue with the loot not spawning inside buildings when you drive close in a vehicle been fixed, as discussed in here ? The last Ravage version I have used is 0.1.38, there are a few mentions of issues with loot being fixed in the changelog up to the current version, but nothing definite about vehicles.

No issue on this matters on 143.

4 hours ago, zuzul said:

Check the changelog, but I think MP saved are not compatible within those versions.

:( its Singleplayer, this issue is really frustrating

30 minutes ago, Stevetibb95 said:

:( its Singleplayer, this issue is really frustrating

I think SP and MP are using the same format of saving (ProfileNameSpace).

You can use the arsenal to export your loadout and import it on the new ravage version.