Just now, Mordacai said:

What is the difference with say, Ravage on Essekar and Ravage DayZ on Essekar.

It's difficult to say. You'll need to check the missions to see. Unfortunately as you can see, many authors choose similar (or even identical) names for their missions.

Some people use DayZ in the mission title because they think people will search the workshop for DayZ mods. I'm guilty of that myself - I've used DayZ in some of my YouTube video titles.

Check the date and check the version column. If it says 0.1.42 then I've tried the mission and it works with the latest version of Ravage (I haven't test it properly - just installed it and ran it). Some missions require a lot more mods to run than others. Just have a look and decide for yourself. If you try one, please leave a comment on the wiki page (you don't need an account) so we can learn from you. I can't test all of them!

• Like 2

This dang mod has soaked up all of my time for like 3 weeks now.  I mean I am getting up at 4am to run a little Ravage before heading to the office... It's almost like that thrill you get when you get into a new game.

I have some serious learning to do at some point as there appears to be something a bit more complex for saving any sort of persistence.  I have the check box on the module checked but I fear there is some DB fun I must set up.  I am not playing on a Dedicated, just doing the MP, LAN thing.

Anyways, in my adventures I love it when I find a survivor and recruit him... At some point -invariably- he gets stuck under a house, in the floor or some other odd spot.  So I tried a few times now to fire up Zeus and simply drag him out of his stuck spot but it seems any units spawned via Ravage I am unable to touch with Zeus.  I have the GM and add editable obj modules set up and synced, all mods including unofficial ones.. Heck I even added my deeply pruned ACE module that adds all items to zeus.  I have the option checked to yes on that one Ravage module regarding Zeus/curator. Is there anyway I can edit these AI guys via Zeus or am I S.O.L?

• Like 3

Get the Ares mod for Zeus, go under Utils and add a "Add objects to Zeus" module.

13 hours ago, kodabar said:

I'd list to ask a favour of authors who have their Ravage mission up on the Steam Workshop. I've made a list of them on the wiki. I think I've managed to get all of them (100+).

If you've made a Ravage mission that is on the Steam workshop, could you have a look at this page on the wiki to see if I've got the details correct? I'd really appreciate it. I haven't linked this page to the rest of the wiki yet - I wanted to make sure it's as accurate as possible before I do.

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Missions

This is a very nice addition. Thank you.

There's a slight typo a few paragraphs down:

impreactical = impractical

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Zakuaz said:

This dang mod has soaked up all of my time for like 3 weeks now.  I mean I am getting up at 4am to run a little Ravage before heading to the office... It's almost like that thrill you get when you get into a new game.

I have some serious learning to do at some point as there appears to be something a bit more complex for saving any sort of persistence.  I have the check box on the module checked but I fear there is some DB fun I must set up.  I am not playing on a Dedicated, just doing the MP, LAN thing.

Anyways, in my adventures I love it when I find a survivor and recruit him... At some point -invariably- he gets stuck under a house, in the floor or some other odd spot.  So I tried a few times now to fire up Zeus and simply drag him out of his stuck spot but it seems any units spawned via Ravage I am unable to touch with Zeus.  I have the GM and add editable obj modules set up and synced, all mods including unofficial ones.. Heck I even added my deeply pruned ACE module that adds all items to zeus.  I have the option checked to yes on that one Ravage module regarding Zeus/curator. Is there anyway I can edit these AI guys via Zeus or am I S.O.L?

Hi Zakuaz, thanks for your kind words mate - it's truly a pleasure to read how addictive the mod can be! ;)

The MP saves feature is limited to players only at the moment (status, inventory etc, all saved on player's profile, no DB needed), it doesn't save vehicles or containers... I will expand on the save system in the future - and will keep a similar set-up (meaning that DB fiddling won't be required).

But I have to tweak (and fix!) a lot of stuff on the MP side of things before going any further on that, wich is the goal of the next update.

Regarding survivors and Zeus, Ravage should already allow remote control for survivors & bandits - make sure that option is enabled in the modules.

(EDIT : I haven't encountered the stuck units problem so far, I'll have to investigate this. Do you have a repro mission?)

The next update is coming soon!

• Like 1

I use WW ai menu to unstick units from odd spots. 

A number of features don't work anymore because WW hasn't been on the forums but the stuff that does work is useful.

In the menu it is called unstuck units and you can select anyone in your group or one unit. You can only do it when within 50m of the unit I think

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

I use WW ai menu to unstick units from odd spots. 

A number of features don't work anymore because WW hasn't been on the forums but the stuff that does work is useful.

In the menu it is called unstuck units and you can select anyone in your group or one unit. You can only do it when within 50m of the unit I think

Im also using WWAI

A life saver

alternatively Zakuaz,if you dont want to install a mod,you could pass this line of code:

For the selected team member:

{ 
 _x setPosAGL getPosAGL player;
} forEach (groupSelectedUnits player);
For all units in players group:

{ 
 _x setPosAGL getPosAGL player;
} forEach (units group player);

and team or selected member will teleport to your position,works in a similar way,and should extend to any distance so your not limited to 50 meters

• Like 1

Thank you folks for the work arounds, I will try them out. 

Yeah the dudes will crawl under one of those Tonoa houses that's up on stilts or pilings ( when set to stealth) and I wont notice until I hear him "report position" -rolls eyes- sometimes with enough hassle of commands, parking a vehicle right next to him and telling him to mount up, they will set free... other times not so lucky heh.

No worries, not a game breaker. I have free reign with Zeus in other mods/missions I have played, I was just curious if maybe I was missing something basic.

I would give you a mission but man I would almost be embarrassed haha.  My list of mods I have enabled is ridiculous.  Mostly just additional equipment stuff but I do run MCC, TPW, VCOM (sometimes, not with RAVAGE though), CUPS, CAF, RHS, EPSM, SMA, I have no idea why I am listing these out... So yeah. 

What I'll do is disable all mods besides Ravage and then fire it up and see if I can use Zeus to man handle the AI... if it works then I'll know it isn't your problem =)

Ok awesome so yes the MP save feature does work just fine then.  I almost like it that way as then I have to go find vehicles, repair them and all that again. Keeps me from hording everything and getting fat on tactical bacon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

I've made a Ravage mission, found here

I've added it to the list. I tried it out and it's one of the better missions. I liked the idea of the convoy and I'm impressed with some of the items you've added to the landscape. I hope you'll keep developing it.

• Like 2

Hello again.

What are mods like these:  RHS, EPSM, SMA  going to do for the game, if they are not required mods?
For example, if I use EPSM and VSM, will these items be inside loot boxes?

@Zakuaz, what SP mission are you playing or you recommend I get started on?

I will keep working on the map, but it takes a long time for all the object placements, so in it's current version only the cities around the starting area or along the main highways (from both spawn locations, both north and south) are heavily abandoned and wrecked. It should perform rather well, as despite the massive object count they are all simple or disabled sim objects to improve the player's performance, so when I was doing MP games on it with 7-8 guys as host I was getting between 40 and 65FPS. 

(i5, GTX960, stock clocks)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jarrad96 said:

I will keep working on the map, ..................

(i5, GTX960, stock clocks)

For SP, play through LAN?

It works in SP via LAN, yes. 

I would recommend turning the AI in your squad off as well, I don't know to auto-disable AI for SP but keep the player slots for MP. 

As a note:

Essekar Mod needs to be updated with the latest BIS update.
Not loading and getting many errors of objects no longer present.

Just now, Mordacai said:

As a note:

Essekar Mod needs to be updated with the latest BIS update.
Not loading and getting many errors of objects no longer present.

Perhaps would be better to notify the author of the mission rather than here :f:

• Like 2

Hello ! 

I'm finally back and I managed to do my first MP scenario with Ravage successfuly!
I tried in October 2016 to do a Zeus/RP scenario with 8 players. But since I do not have a physical dedicated server, I'm hosting the server via TADST on my own playing computer. 
This solution is working flawlessly for other ARMA scenarios, but Ravage mod is using a lot of scripts; this was completly laggy for my team to play it, despite I tried a version with less/zero zed on the map. 
Yesterday I tried again with only 3 players (including myself); it was a real pleasure to play it, except for a little lag/rollback when we were in the same car.
Btw: any good european server provider for Arma known will be a great info for me.

Back to the scenario done yesterday:
I used Chernarus via CUP and RHS. Other mods I'm using are more based on movement : Enhanced movement, Advanced Urban Rappeling and Shacktack Hud. 
My friends and I had tremendious fun on the map: the mood was really intense, my friend who's used to play DayZ on Arma2 found the Ravage mod absolutly astonishing. Seriously, as a Tabletop RPG gamer, this mod is absolutly perfect for making any deep RPG style. 

Sorry for my French but I have to say it: Haleks, tu assures grave, ton mod est juste énormissime !!!!

Now my questions:
- is it possible to give a float instead of an integer to the Survivor multiplicator? By example I wish to provide a number of Survivor coefficient of x2.5 instead of x2; will it work?
- We encounted some strange bug: sometimes the cargo items insde crates or vehicules seems not pickable by players: the player can put items inside the cargo of the crate/vehicule but cannot pick any. Does anoyone encounter this before?
- are the items (rad pill, water, can opener...) available inside EDEN/Zeus/Arsenal? I wasn't able to find them. If not, Haleks, can I help you to do this? I found a way to trick this as Zeus by adding custom content for a crate, but a cleaner solution will be better I think.
- When I'm using a trigger to call the function "Banditcamp", Is there a way to choose if it will be friendly or foe? 
- Are they other Ravage scripts useful to call by Trigger? Is there somewhere a list or shall I dig inside the .pbo?

Again: waow, wonderful mod! Thank for all the impressive work.

Zuzul.

I've had that cargo bug before in my Ravage convoys- sometimes you can have the original player who placed the items take the items back, but not always. 

15 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

I've had that cargo bug before in my Ravage convoys- sometimes you can have the original player who placed the items take the items back, but not always. 

I tried yesterday to put something inside the cargo of a car spawned by the mod, no problem. But I was never able to get it back or to retrieve something else from the vehicule. 

Same happen to another player with a crate spawned by Zeus. That's all the facts I've got for now.

4 hours ago, zuzul said:

Hello ! 

I'm finally back and I managed to do my first MP scenario with Ravage successfuly!
I tried in October 2016 to do a Zeus/RP scenario with 8 players. But since I do not have a physical dedicated server, I'm hosting the server via TADST on my own playing computer. 
This solution is working flawlessly for other ARMA scenarios, but Ravage mod is using a lot of scripts; this was completly laggy for my team to play it, despite I tried a version with less/zero zed on the map. 
Yesterday I tried again with only 3 players (including myself); it was a real pleasure to play it, except for a little lag/rollback when we were in the same car.
Btw: any good european server provider for Arma known will be a great info for me.

Back to the scenario done yesterday:
I used Chernarus via CUP and RHS. Other mods I'm using are more based on movement : Enhanced movement, Advanced Urban Rappeling and Shacktack Hud. 
My friends and I had tremendious fun on the map: the mood was really intense, my friend who's used to play DayZ on Arma2 found the Ravage mod absolutly astonishing. Seriously, as a Tabletop RPG gamer, this mod is absolutly perfect for making any deep RPG style. 

Sorry for my French but I have to say it: Haleks, tu assures grave, ton mod est juste énormissime !!!!

Now my questions:
- is it possible to give a float instead of an integer to the Survivor multiplicator? By example I wish to provide a number of Survivor coefficient of x2.5 instead of x2; will it work?
- We encounted some strange bug: sometimes the cargo items insde crates or vehicules seems not pickable by players: the player can put items inside the cargo of the crate/vehicule but cannot pick any. Does anoyone encounter this before?
- are the items (rad pill, water, can opener...) available inside EDEN/Zeus/Arsenal? I wasn't able to find them. If not, Haleks, can I help you to do this? I found a way to trick this as Zeus by adding custom content for a crate, but a cleaner solution will be better I think.
- When I'm using a trigger to call the function "Banditcamp", Is there a way to choose if it will be friendly or foe? 
- Are they other Ravage scripts useful to call by Trigger? Is there somewhere a list or shall I dig inside the .pbo?

Again: waow, wonderful mod! Thank for all the impressive work.

Zuzul.

Hi Zuzul, merci pour le feedback!

Glad you guys had fun together - I have good hopes that the next build will fix most performance issues, especially on dedicated servers. You should be able to invite more friends to the party. ;)

Quick answers to your questions :

- Right now the population factor only accepts integers - it's something I will tweak eventually, but I need to make the spawn functions more flexible first.

- That's not the first report about players being unable to pick up items... Ravage spawns loot locally on clients, it's probably where the problem is coming from. I'll run some tests and see if spawning stuff on the host fixes that. Quick question : is it limited to containers/vehicles spawned by the mod, or does it also affect objects placed by the mission maker?

- Survival items are only available in the arsenal at the moment (under the unsorted magazines tab), they used to appear in Eden too but one of the game updates broke that (another one on my to-do list).

- The bandit camps function is WIP still, it can only spawn INDEP units.

Also, a small note on the mod development :

I squeezed in another feature for the next build; you might have noticed that zombies have an annoying tendency to pinpoint your location whenever you throw a chem or any kind of grenade - not anymore!

They now focus directly on the thrown projectile, meaning that you can use those flares to draw them away. Right now they don't care about the type of object thrown, I will probably code more specific reactions, but we need to run more tests first  and make sure this doesn't impact performances on highly populated missions. ;)

Here's the changelog for now :

Tweaked :
Lighthouses are now disabled.
Increased patrol radius for car patrols.
The "bandanna + cap" headgear now appears in Virtual Arsenal.
Survival module now deletes player bodies unless other players are in the vicinity.
The zed spawn process has been overhauled.
Zed spawn distances now adapt to player's velocity.
The MQ-12 Falcon has been added to the "WEST drones" list (Ambiant AI module).
Removed Rifles from Darters (they still signal targets to nearby UGVs).
Reworked hunting behaviour for bandits.
Disabled "Horde Behaviour" for now as its functionality is broken (Horde module).
Restored ATM & kiosks models.
Added a new uniform for zombies.
The "rvg_owned" variable can now be used to exclude weaponHolders and bags from the clean-up system.
The loot spawns were a bit too generous on the Altis demo scenario.
Tweaked vanilla gear lists (loot & AI) :
- Added more civilian uniforms.
- Military gear limited to more generic content (AAF gear was removed, emphasis on NATO gear).

Fixed :
Gear and loot items from supported mods not working from dedicated servers.
"Holster weapon" is now only available to the entity it was added to.
Possible fix for duplicate actions in MP.
Survival variables are now correctly reset on respawn.
Players were unable to remove attached chemlights after respawning.
Fixed several loot clean-up issues on dedicated servers.
Zeds were seeing hidden entities.
Ambient Zed module could spawn more zeds than the set maximum limit.
Zeds sometimes not spawning in very dense urban areas.
Removed some redundant distance checks before spawning zeds.
AI infinite ammo system now works when firing from a vehicle.
Fixed an issue causing spawned NPCs to be naked or use the wrong gear presets.
The Loot Search feature wasn't working in MP.
Fix for off-center view after consuming survival items.
Fixed an issue preventing players from unfolding sleeping bags or tents inside buildings.
Hand-placed zombies could have unexpected reactions to nearby gunshots.
Spawned drones would cause RPT errors.
Minor fix to the 28 years later mission.
Fixed an error in Multiplayer Saves Manager scenario.
Fixed an issue with traders re-supply.
Fixed missing model configs.
Fix for various RPT errors.

New :
Throwable items can be used to draw away zombies.
Added two guerilla apparel variants : rolled-up and without gloves.
New Support addon for CUP terrains : disables artificial light sources and fuel feeds.
Zed spawns are now processed on the server if dedicated.
Rabbits will now flee when they detect danger.
Updated IFA3 support.
Updated RHS support (RHS SAF is NOT required nor supported at the moment).
Mod support for IFA3 now includes automatic support for LEN weapons pack.
New setting to the Ambient AI module defining chances for each bandit faction to hunt players.
New setting to the Equipment Pool module to limit stock content :
- currently excludes vanilla uniforms from the gear lists.
- should be used in combination with supported addons.
New BIkeys.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, haleks said:

Glad you guys had fun together - I have good hopes that the next build will fix most performance issues, especially on dedicated servers. You should be able to invite more friends to the party. ;)

Quick answers to your questions :

- Right now the population factor only accepts integers - it's something I will tweak eventually, but I need to make the spawn functions more flexible first.

- That's not the first report about players being unable to pick up items... Ravage spawns loot locally on clients, it's probably where the problem is coming from. I'll run some tests and see if spawning stuff on the host fixes that. Quick question : is it limited to containers/vehicles spawned by the mod, or does it also affect objects placed by the mission maker?

- Survival items are only available in the arsenal at the moment (under the unsorted magazines tab), they used to appear in Eden too but one of the game updates broke that (another one on my to-do list).

- The bandit camps function is WIP still, it can only spawn INDEP units.

Hi Haleks,

thank a lot for your replies. 

- population factor: since the survival factors accept floats, I was wondering. But for my point of view this requirement is far from mandatory.

- picking ip items: I tried to pick up a medkit first aid kit from a wreck spawned by the mod, no success. A friend tried to pick up ravage items I've placed by a zeus with a crate spawn then an homemade script using the " addItemCargoGlobal" function. He succeded to get the GasMask but no other survival items (geiger counter, food...).Hope it will give you some hints.

- survival items: my bad, I didn't look there....stupido, stupido! Thanks for the tip.

- bandit camp: ok. Is there a place where I can find all useful functions to call inside Ravage? In the log file maybe?

Thanks again for all, I really enjoy this mod!

Edited by zuzul

28 minutes ago, haleks said:

Quick question : is it limited to containers/vehicles spawned by the mod, or does it also affect objects placed by the mission maker?

I can add a little something here.....i have found that any objects that are placed by mission maker (objects that are NOT in the Ravage loot containers list) can be used to store spawned items, BUT when items are stored in the objects inventory, they then cannot be transferred back to players inventory.....

4 minutes ago, zuzul said:

- picking ip items: I tried to pick up a medkit from a wreck spawned by the mod, no success.

I don't think medkits are in the Ravage lootlist.......

55 minutes ago, haleks said:

Myself and the five or six I normally play with only have this problem with items on dead AI.  And normally only weapon magazines.

using:   Arma Enhanced Movement,  CBA_A3,  FrithsRuin,  WarfareThai

Only clothing with Friths

Only weapons with Warfare

The work around is to switch clothing with dead AI, drop the mags on the ground, switch clothing back, and pick up mags

11 hours ago, Mordacai said:

Hello again.

What are mods like these:  RHS, EPSM, SMA  going to do for the game, if they are not required mods?
For example, if I use EPSM and VSM, will these items be inside loot boxes?

@Zakuaz, what SP mission are you playing or you recommend I get started on?

Hi Mordacai, 

No, as far as I know any of those other equipment mods will not be used in Ravages loot pool.  So you will not stumble across a SCAR GL mk17 from the SMA mod while looting around Altis... be kinda cool haha or to find a EPSM Exo suit! Then you could carry ALL the tactical bacon =)

I have not tried anyones specific Ravage missions.  I simply got Ravage, fired up the editor/Altis/dropped the modules down and loaded into game.  I wanted stuff to shoot at and loot, Ravage nails it in spades.  I suppose I should check out some of these missions that have been made at some point but for now I am having a blast going full random.

• Like 2