Got a bit figured out on the Rusty Weapons.

It may mean I need to go back and redo a number of them but I think they will be better in the long run

We are going to try to get some of these added in in the next couple of updates..

Just some testing on the zafir barrel to see color and contrast in game... most of the rest of the gun in this pic is still vanilla

20170106120139_1_zpsd8dewbms.jpg

• Like 3

Got a bit figured out on the Rusty Weapons.
It may mean I need to go back and redo a number of them but I think they will be better in the long run

We are going to try to get some of these added in in the next couple of updates..

Just some testing on the zafir barrel to see color and contrast in game... most of the rest of the gun in this pic is still vanilla

20170106120139_1_zpsd8dewbms.jpg

Looks great. Although I would love this to be:

1. Optional
2. Not overly done since it hasn't been 2000 years since the apocalypse. :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrossGTX said:

1. Optional

Im trying to find a bit of a balance between it actually looking rusty and it not looking like it's dripping rust. Lol

I think there will be a couple of variants of each rifle eventually once I am happy with work flow and results. 

It will initially be integrated into Ravage so they will show up as weapons like any other. Imo I think the goal is to have these as the more common weapons and the vanilla ones as ones that Maybe one you could upgrade the rusty version to at a trader or settlement. the intention is to not have them function quite as well as the vanilla ones (more dispersion and slower reload. That's already configed but I'm not sure my values are noticable to the player at this point.)

• Like 1

Im trying to find a bit of a balance between it actually looking rusty and it not looking like it's dripping rust. 

I think there will be a couple of variants of each rifle eventually once I am happy with work flow and results. 

It will initially be integrated into Ravage so they will show up as weapons like any other. Imo I think the goal being to have these as the kind of more common weapons and the vanilla ones as ones that Maybe you could upgrade at a trader or settlement as the intention is to not have them function quite as well as the vanilla ones (more dispersion and slower reload. That's already configed but I'm not sure my values are noticable to the player at this point.)

That is a good idea, we could have the non rusty weapons only spawn in military bases for example (being better preserved?)

As for traders I would love to have a proper trading system UI implemented as well as more trader types (uniforms/vests/weapons/ammo) so that trader camps could be set up. Probably a pain in the ass to do but a great addition I think.

2 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Some more pics of some rusty guns....still very WIP.... http://imgur.com/a/7oQiO  :soldier:

I have official nominated EO as chief QA agent. Those are some of his tweaks and I really like them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi!

To enable items from supported addons, you need to place down the "Equipment Pool" module, and activate the mods you want to use from there. It will apply to the loot spawn system and the random gear used by the ambient AIs (if you do use them in you rmission).

As for weapons ammo, currently the code spawns either weapons or mags, not both - this might be tweaked with optional settings soon.

Alright, thanks for the response! Would love an option for both weapons and ammo. :)

Keep up the good work!

testing a new Asp Kir

Ill send it to EO to see what he does with it...

20170106182612_1_zps6pcryqym.jpg

20170106182642_1_zpsi9nupnb7.jpg

20170106182501_1_zpsm8gugf6v.jpg

• Like 4

Due to an upsurge in quality, QA department has been closed, all agents deemed redundant. ^^   

7 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

testing a new Asp Kir

Ill send it to EO to see what he does with it...

<pic>

<pic>

<pic>

Nice try!, though i believe rusty pattern should be overlayed to normal maps as well in order to make rust look realistic and pop out, i don't know how arma 3 works with shaders and materials but it might be as usual, whites will create height and blacks depth.

@haleks, i have 2 questions (one can be considered as a request under the hood), would be possible to breakdown the ambient zombies spawner module to spawn 3 type of zombies? like a percentage of walkers, a percentage of runners and as it is right now a percentage of bolters. I really like walker zombies, as i find runners too buffed atm, but i would also like to have the option to put like 1% of runners to be able to spawn (and not be like 50-50 or more runners spawning during the night), like what i can do for bolters right now, so out of nowhere and while you think "Hey, thats a walker" it starts chacing you.

-Also i wanted to know what's the point of sleeping bags and camping tents in multiplayer? are they supposed to be persistent with the loot you put in their inventroy? because as far as i know they don't skip time in multiplayer, if so could they be removed from multiplayer if they give no function?

12 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Due to an upsurge in quality, QA department has been closed, all agents deemed redundant. ^^   

8 hours ago, Jimmakos said:

Nice try!, though i believe rusty pattern should be overlayed to normal maps as well in order to make rust look realistic and pop out, i don't know how arma 3 works with shaders and materials but it might be as usual, whites will create height and blacks depth.

Due to a drop in quality, QA department has reopened, all potential QA agents can apply in writing, briefly outlining their relevant skills and experience. Follow this link for more details.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Due to a drop in quality, QA department has reopened, all potential QA agents can apply in writing, briefly outlining their relevant skills and experience. Follow this link for more details.

And what this have to do with? I never quoted you anyways..

If you believe that criticism is offensive, from someone who have studied and worked with materials a lot in the past, you make yourself look like an ass clown.

Thank yourself

....Man, seems the worlds gone and lost itself some humour this year already....don't be so uptight Jim. 

• Like 2

Hey guys. Is there a piece of code I can paste into the init of an AI to make him recruitable?

[_unitOne, _unitTwo] join player;

Unitone would be the name of the unit to join the player.
Use this as your reference: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/join

Oh I know how to make a unit or group join. But I'm talking about using ravage UI to recruit them. Basically make it optional.

I know I can do it with addaction as well. And probably a few other ways. But my question is about ravage.

@CrossGTX : here you go :

{
	[_unit, _x] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];
} forEach [
	["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"],
	["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"]
];

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

....Man, seems the worlds gone and lost itself some humour this year already....don't be so uptight Jim. 

I think you should take your own advice. I can remember you having the same kind of attitude towards me a few times :dummy:.

• Like 2

ya'll calm down, this aint the place to bitch and whine, go to call of duty of facebook for tht crap.

• Like 1

I agree... let's keep it civilized gentlemen and ladies...

We made it 4000+ posts mostly on topic so let's keep that going...

And back on topic... I may have a look at how the materials work although I have literally 0 idea on that... Maybe it will look better if it's possible. BB may know a thing or two on that or point me to someone that does. That being said ,I will get them up to what I consider the best of my ability and from then on you are free to use them or hate them as you see fit... 

:don9:

• Like 3

On 1/6/2017 at 8:41 PM, CrossGTX said:

1. Optional

IDK; as someone who enjoys apocalypse themed things, I would say I really like the look, but then again, as someone who everyday tries to kill rust (I restore old VW campers for a living), then I would be of the opinion that the rust portrayed on those weapons is so deep it would fuck them to the point of not being able to be fired.

It's maybe like watching "The Dukes Of Hazzard", where the General Lee does all those cool jumps, but then you know in the back of your mind that it would have killed that car doing it in real life.  In some episodes, you can see the chassis bend as it hits the floor, but then they cut the camera to a different (unbent) General Lee and so everything is cool again.

If anyone's super-interested in the topic of rust, I can take some photos of some "innocent looking" rust and then I'll shot-blast it and you can see how deep and how destructive it really is.

I'm more of the opinion though that the screenies you guys showed are cool, and I'm happy to play with that knowing it's a bit of fiction.  TBF though, this is a zombie mod, so there is always a suspension of reality present while playing (in a very pleasant way ofc).

:)

• Like 2

What do you all think about crossbows and some crafted weapons rather than heavy machine guns? 

I personally think Ravage would be great with that theme, especially crafting weapons and clothing, the only other thing I would like to see is  animals and gutting animals for food and materials (weapons and cloths etc).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

We have this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22349

but a crossbow would be awesome, crafting would be interesting, there might be a system already out for another mod that does it, idk but Haleks would

have the best idea of what might be able to do.

I thought about this mod but then the more time I watched the video the more I thought this is more of an Olympic kind of mod (archery) rather than hand crafted crossbows you would expect to see in a mod like Ravage..

something like this would be more suitable:

e: crossbow---functional-replica---miniatur

• Like 2