41 minutes ago, haleks said:

@R0adki11 : I tried to invite you to the private DEV thread, but it looks like we can't have more than 5 people in private conversations...

Shall I create a private group on Steam? Or do you guys have a better idea so we can organize some tests soon?

Maybe R0adki11 could pull a few strings behind the scenes to extend that five member limit for PM's......

.....or alternatively, he can have my spot in the DEV thread, my scripting knowledge/feedback is still negligible to say the least. 

Installed Arma 3 again, loaded up the mod and this time the game instantly crashed with the p3d error message, I didn't even do anything this time.

I'll continue trying and will update this post with new reports, maybe this'll give the model creator a hint at the solution or something.

Edit 1:

So it appears that the error message

>Bad version 73 in p3d file 'ravage\assets\items\hose.p3d'

Happens randomly, while the error message with "gutting_knife.p3d" in the text happens when I am opening my inventory near a corpse.

Edit 2:

These are the last few lines of the log that the "Show details" button in the Arma 3 crash report spits out:

[thread 00000004][W][109100]: Refreshing folder '/home/resident/.local/share/bohemiainteractive/arma3/GameDocuments/Arma 3/Saved/rvg_missions/rvg_sp/Ravage.Altis/', temp folder is 'C:\tmp\arma3mFZTIU\'.
[thread 00000004][E][113492]: MessageBoxA( hWnd = (nil), text = 'Bad version 73 in p3d file 'ravage\assets\items\hose.p3d'', caption = 'Arma 3', type = 16 )
[thread 00000004][E][289294]: Unhandled exception code dead flags 1 addr 0x41336ed

[thread 00000004][289346]: ===enforcing log flush===

Edit 3:

It seems that Linux has nothing to do with this.

Edit 4:

This is my expansion load order:

dwPM1x4.png

Edit 5:

This time the error happened with toolbox.p3d

Haleks,

Update on Co-op.  Ran the server fairly hard over the weekend with 8 people and no real issues to speak of. I think I can safely say that the invisible zombie issue was due to at least one person (I think two) having the wrong version of RAVAGE.

The only thing that seems to occur fairly regularly is that you can't always get items off of dead bandits/renegades. Mostly magazines. The work around is to switch out the clothing item with what your wearing and either drop the items to the ground or transfer them to your other clothing, then switch the clothing back to yours. Doesn't matter if its uniform, vest, or backpack. I'm going to retest this issue with only Ravage and CBA running to narrow down the cause.

Addons used over the weekend:

CBA
RAVAGE
Arma Enhanced Movement
FrithsRuin - clothing
Warfare Thai Ex    - weapons
inidbi2 - server only  (can't imagine this would cause any issues)

If I was going to request anything, it might be Ravage Keys that are matched to the mod version when released (like CBA does). I had to password my server again because it finally occurred to me that whenever someone joined or tried to join with a wrong version it would screw the game up.  (I assume you don't already do that...)

Everybody that plays Ravage falls in love with it  -  Awesome job Haleks!!

Fire

• Like 2

I made yet another YooToob video, but this time I ran Ravage across three monitors for that super widescreen look. This is actually how I normally play it, but not for making videos. I came across an interesting glitch with the TRG-20 gun whereby looking down the sights causes the screen to brighten - almost as though I'm holding a blue chemlight. This is probably an ArmA 3 thing but I've never noticed it before.

Vidyo in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kodabar said:

I made yet another YooToob video, but this time I ran Ravage across three monitors for that super widescreen look. This is actually how I normally play it, but not for making videos. I came across an interesting glitch with the TRG-20 gun whereby looking down the sights causes the screen to brighten - almost as though I'm holding a blue chemlight. This is probably an ArmA 3 thing but I've never noticed it before.

Vidyo in the spoiler below.

Reveal hidden contents

Thats probably caused at night?  From the ambient lighting or whatever its called in the module. Gives a "hack" night vision to players with a sight...  most players in my server like it, get mad if I turn the lighting of, lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Maybe R0adki11 could pull a few strings behind the scenes to extend that five member limit for PM's......

.....or alternatively, he can have my spot in the DEV thread, my scripting knowledge/feedback is still negligible to say the least. 

Unless it's a hard coded limit on the site then hopefully roadkill can add himself. 

It's not much good if he joins and then can't get his bath :don9:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Thats probably caused at night?  From the ambient lighting or whatever its called in the module. Gives a "hack" night vision to players with a sight...  most players in my server like it, get mad if I turn the lighting of, lol

Yep, it's at night. Well, that explains that then. I think whenever I've played at night it's been as part of a combined arms setup with a lot of other players, so I've never been able to see it. Quite interesting. I guess the sights are tritium, so it's sort of understandable.

1 hour ago, kodabar said:

I came across an interesting glitch with the TRG-20 gun whereby looking down the sights causes the screen to brighten - almost as though I'm holding a blue chemlight. This is probably an ArmA 3 thing but I've never noticed it before.

Make sure to turn your "HDR Lighting" setting to low in your video settings, at least for the night time in order to get rid of that.

• Like 2

I just updated and switched to dev to try out the 64bit exe and it won't load for me... there is a kernel error lol

27 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa said:

I give up, cool mod guys

Can you tell us what version of ArmA 3 you're using (it tells you on the bottom right of the main menu) and the CBA version too. I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but you are using the latest version of Ravage, aren't you?

I've been trying to replicate this error, but I haven't had any success. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kodabar said:

Can you tell us what version of ArmA 3 you're using (it tells you on the bottom right of the main menu) and the CBA version too. I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but you are using the latest version of Ravage, aren't you?

Arma 3 version 1.64

CBA from here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

Ravage mod version 0.1.42

15 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Isn't Arma 1.66 right now?

The Linux branch is behind.

But the other guy I quoted in my earlier post had the same problem, and doesn't run Linux.

Thread creator mentioned that he also gets the p3d messages, so I doubt it's anything version/operating system specific.

1 minute ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa said:

But the other guy I quoted in my earlier post had the same problem, and doesn't run Linux.

Ah, the Linux branch is a bit behind. That might be it. Usually ArmA updates don't make much of a difference, but there have been a couple recently that were big enough to break a lot of things. 1.66 wasn't a big update, but it was still big enough to affect a bunch of stuff. I'm not certain what version of ArmA 3 that Ravage 0.1.42 requires. Hopefully Haleks can tell us.

I appreciate that the other fellow got the same error without being on Linux, but we don't know what version of the game he's running. So if he's on an earlier version, then that would tally. If he's not, goodness only know.

I tried installing ArmA 3 on one of my other PCs, running Windows 7 and I couldn't replicate the problem. I'm going to try the Linux version on the same machine (it dual boots to Mint 18).

• Like 5

14 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa said:

Thread creator mentioned that he also gets the p3d messages, so I doubt it's anything version/operating system specific.

According to .kju, this issue actually is a versionning problem.

Ravage 142 was packed after Arma3 1.66 came out; it appears that running the latest Arma3 build is required after all...

On a general note, Linux being behind is always going to be a problem : I try to take advantage of every novelty or engine addition whenever Arma is updated.

What I could do though, is provide a link to older versions of Ravage for Linux users.

Here's a link to Ravage 141 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8J1S463UMFqaFhOa005S1huRDg

I suggest you try this version and report back, hopefully your game won't crash anymore.

Thanks to Kodabar, all previous versions of Ravage are available too on the wiki : http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Ravage_Wikia

EDIT : to clear things up, the errors I mentionned on my end seem to be related to configs, rather than 3d models per say.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been asked but I really do not have the will to look through 171 pages of comments. Anyways assuming you have not already made one, can you make a tutorial on how to get weapons and armors from other mods than the ones you support into the loot system? And possibly vehicles too?

58 minutes ago, SpaceWolf said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but I really do not have the will to look through 171 pages of comments. Anyways assuming you have not already made one, can you make a tutorial on how to get weapons and armors from other mods than the ones you support into the loot system? And possibly vehicles too?

Its not possible as far as i last checked to spawn custom armour/weapons in loot piles,and i think vehicle cargo is cleared on mission start.

But you can add custom gear to the AI. I asked this a while ago,see my post,scroll to bottom of page...  

The page following this post,Haleks explains the correct method of spawning AI with your pre defined equipment.Im using an alternative script to spawn loot in,so as im able to spawn custom items that may not be included in Ravage,as well as Ravage survival items.If you wana go down that road,let me know i can help you create something like that maybe. But unless im mistaken,ravage loot isnt customisable yet.

• Like 1

Actually I might have a manual work around for spawning. Basically I just enable Zeus, and put the weapon and ammo in crates. With additional ammo being a challenge to get to with zombie hordes. Probably gonna put them in settlements along with a horde in every settlement. The horde thing kind of makes sense too seeing as where there is the most people there will be a lot of deaths and therefore zombies. There are horde modules and actual zombie units you can place in Zeus right?

Dear Haleks

Possible bug

Loot models like the luggage model seem to spawn upside down on tanoa.

Kinda silly to see the model upside down. Had a bit of a laugh. Thought I should report it.

Thanks.

Your pal Caluu66x

Edit: how do I get my mission to allow me to recruit survivors? Is it with the ambient AI and the renegades? What do I have to do?

Edited by Caluu66x