the zues which Im talking about is an in mission editor part of mcc mod and you don't have to save anything other than the regular ravage save system :) once you place them they are there for good. Right now I'm working on building a base!! Complete with walls and all sorts of nice little ambiances like water coolers, fires, tents , even pillows !!

Ok gotta try that out - did not know it had an editor part. I did not use MCC because I could not get it to work with ACE3, and now with all the cool new ravage features (looting trash for example) I had no use for MCC really. But everything hat expands on my mission making abilities are interesting. 

With the awesome addition of outdoor looting with v140.....a little protip for anyone starting the "28 Years Later" mission....

Be sure and plan a trip to the Dump, this is a great spot for looting.
http://imgur.com/a/daKnp

• Like 3

Small issue with the Ambient AI waypoints to report.

I see it happening very frequently that AI are,near coastal regions ignoring water,and swimming out to see lol

Anyway,the furthest WP i saw generated for one group was 200 or so meters out.This is on CUP terrain.

I'm about 8KM out from the testing station we need to take Frost to in 28 Years later and I really like it a lot. As the mission unfolds, it certainly raises more questions then it answers which is really neat. No spoilers but if you've played it you'll probably know what I'm talking about. :) If not:

UAV's and UVG's! Creepy and I wonder who's controller them and what their purpose is? I like it!

Though I'm pretty bad all around I think. I am unsure whether I should straight-shot it to the objective as much as possible, or risk the very few bullets I have on looting every village. There's enormous risk vs reward in this scenario and I've never wanted a carryall backpack more in my life! :)

Request: Is it possible to let us transfer items to Frost's beautiful backpack? Though who knows story-wise what's inside it. Disregard if there's a reason we can't transfer items to him for story purposes.

Anyway, I'm loving the mission. Great job, Haleks! I did encounter some pop-up errors which I took some photos of, along with a rpt file I can send you if you'd like. I can't remember what they are offhand (not at home) so it's very possible they've been reported. I know one error occurred when looting a garbage pile.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I've been away from ArmA 3 for a while, playing a few other games and in the mean time, so I'm sorry if someone messaged me and I haven't replied, I had over a thousand and a half notifications D: . I've recently come back not a couple of weeks ago and seen that this mod has been doing extremely well which I'm really happy to see, especially with the new furniture and garbage looting as well as the module options. Also, great idea separating thirst and hunger degradation options, I was wanting make a few missions where water was more of a priority than food especially in Takistan, but also for realism.

I saw that there was some support for static objects from the Melee weapons script mod. Maybe it's too early, but does that mean that Ravage might have full support for that as an addon later (Or does it already have it an I'm being silly)?

I'm not sure if you're still taking suggestions, but would it be possible to add a few more food and drink items to the mix? I saw a few more in Scorch's Inventory Items (Juicebox, MRE etc,) they could add a bit more variety. Perhaps the MRE could spawn in military locations? It's only an idea for the future, I know you guys are busy as heck already with 1.40 just out (which I only just found out about today, hence the over-excitement).

Great job with it so far guys, I'm very much looking forwards to seeing more from Ravage in the future! Also, thanks for the AI blacklist as well, I like setting up safe bases/towns so it'll be good to have areas where the AI can't spawn in on top of the guards.

Now all I need are some monster spawning mods to use alongside Ravage! I already use BadBenson's raptor spawner in place of the zombies for Takistan. Nothing creepier than not knowing if you're being stalked through the desert or mountains at night or hearing sporadic gunfire in the distance that just stops suddenly.

• Like 1

Ooohhh raptors , I'm gonna need to look into adding those to my jungles , also wondering where a panther mod might be because I saw frankieon1080p YouTuber play tanoa DayZ with those prowling around

The raptor mod is fab, they even pounce on you and snap your neck if you let them get too close, but you can disable that through BadBenson's module. I had a brief check for a panther mod but found none unfortunately. It's the Epoch mod I think that has all of the monsters at the moment, and its quite disappointing that there aren't any standalone monster mods apart from the zombies and demons and the raptor mod (Which are both fantastic by the way).

Anyone else having issues since Arma updated to 1.66? Cup seems to be broken. Can't load my Napf mission in editor. Missing several buildings and something called cup_misc and truckload? Did not have these issues before update. I know this is not the right place for this question but you guys are so much more helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Never mind found the problem. Steam has corrupted my files and it will not repair them. i have to DL from cups website. Gotta love steam.................

Glad you found the cause one_eyed_croaker, it can be a real pain sometimes. I'd recommend using PlayWithSix for downloading bigger mods. It's pretty good and the only issue I ever have is the download speed sometimes. 

I've actually got a Napf winter map I'm working on, but stupidly I used assets from a mod that I have since deleted, so ArmA 3 won't let me in. Now I'm downloading a couple of maps to find out which one I used the buildings from.

Never mind found the problem. Steam has corrupted my files and it will not repair them. i have to DL from cups website. Gotta love steam.................

Thats the reason i download everything manually, its the system which has worked fine since OFP.  :)

So i started adding Raptors to the deep forests of Tanoa, but its taking a real toll on my fps. Luckily i found a function in MCC to spawn the units only when im in that area. For some reason the animals dont take a toll on fps, so ive added many types of dogs to Georgetown , they are all roaming around now. Sheep in the tilled fields, chickens near forest outskirts, and Goats in the moderately deep areas of the forests relatively away from the raptors so they dont all get eaten XD.  Also camo across a survivor who i recruited named Karmanlis. and yea i aswell was a bit disappointed there wasn't a standalone Panther or Jaguar mod. Someone needs to make a "Jungle Cats" mod, maybe with those and lions and tigers. 

• Like 1

Hi, any ideas why no zombies spawn when using Ambient Zombies module in Editor ? Map is Namalsk .Is it dependent on other modules?

Capture.png

Hi, any ideas why no zombies spawn when using Ambient Zombies module in Editor ? Map is Namalsk .Is it dependent on other modules?

Capture.png

Zeds need objects from which to spawn off if im not mistaken,Namalsk doesnt have many buildings if memory serves me well.

You can try placing arma3 or arma2 buildings on the map via editor,and definetly increase zombie population limit.

@aggronline.....It's always helpful to give a little more info......what version of Namalsk are you using?....are you running the latest versions of CBA and Ravage?

if it's this version of Namalsk, then you should have no issues spawning zeds with just the Ambient Zombies module, just tested this myself with the presets in your screenshot and everything checks out okay.

http://imgur.com/a/9CfoG

Edit......there is no need to add extra buildings as redarmy suggests.

Glad you found the cause one_eyed_croaker, it can be a real pain sometimes. I'd recommend using PlayWithSix for downloading bigger mods. It's pretty good and the only issue I ever have is the download speed sometimes. 

I've actually got a Napf winter map I'm working on, but stupidly I used assets from a mod that I have since deleted, so ArmA 3 won't let me in. Now I'm downloading a couple of maps to find out which one I used the buildings from.

You can open the mission.sqm file and delete the mod dependency. You will get an error when you reopen the mission in the editor but after you save it it will go away. Had to do that myself a few times.

@aggronline.....It's always helpful to give a little more info......what version of Namalsk are you using?....are you running the latest versions of CBA and Ravage?

if it's this version of Namalsk, then you should have no issues spawning zeds with just the Ambient Zombies module, just tested this myself with the presets in your screenshot and everything checks out okay.

http://imgur.com/a/9CfoG

Edit......there is no need to add extra buildings as redarmy suggests.

yes everything is updated and yes it is the namalsk version you referenced above , all am doing is placing one module the one I informed of you above, per screen shot shared. are you using horde placement or ambient zombies? can I get a screen shot of your settings to compare?

@aggronline...no point posting a screenshot of my settings...I said in my post I placed a single Ambient Zombie module with the settings in your screenshot and I managed to spawn zeds okay.

What i would say is does seem to take much longer for the zeds to appear in numbers on Namalsk compared to say Altis....maybe you should give the module a bit more time to do it's stuff...if you've no patience you can always accelerate time by pressing the + key.....zeds will come.  :)

@aggronline...no point posting a screenshot of my settings...I said in my post I placed a single Ambient Zombie module with the settings in your screenshot and I managed to spawn zeds okay.

What i would say is does seem to take much longer for the zeds to appear in numbers on Namalsk compared to say Altis....maybe you should give the module a bit more time to do it's stuff...if you've no patience you can always accelerate time by pressing the + key.....zeds will come.  :)

Thanks Evil, that was exactly what it is timing issue, you are right. I took a lot longer than other maps.. all good now though thanks. is the logic for them to spawn still dependent on being near buildings or they could spawn anywhere?

is the logic for them to spawn still dependent on being near buildings or they could spawn anywhere?

Code is not my strong point, but i believe they are scripted to spawn nearby buildings AND open ground. (nearby trees, bushes)....this will need confirmed by haleks for sure.

You can open the mission.sqm file and delete the mod dependency. You will get an error when you reopen the mission in the editor but after you save it it will go away. Had to do that myself a few times.

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know you could do that! I found out it was Esseker that was causing the issue, so I guess I can delete that again now and free up a bit of space.

I just saw the "28 Years Later" mission but haven't tried it yet. The description says "Iron Front Lite" and "RHS" required. There are three RHS mods (US, RUSSIA, GREF). Does this mean all three are required or just one?

Also... which version of Iron Front is this? There are probably 20 versions on workshop.

I can't wait to play this!

I just saw the "28 Years Later" mission but haven't tried it yet. The description says "Iron Front Lite" and "RHS" required. There are three RHS mods (US, RUSSIA, GREF). Does this mean all three are required or just one?

Also... which version of Iron Front is this? There are probably 20 versions on workshop.

I can't wait to play this!

If your using Steam workshop this is the version of Iron Front Lite you want... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660460283

As far as RHS goes, I believe "28 Years Later" pulls from GREF and RUSSIA.....but there is no harm in running US also.  ;)

• Like 4

If your using Steam workshop this is the version of Iron Front Lite you want... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660460283

As far as RHS goes, I believe "28 Years Later" pulls from GREF and RUSSIA.....but there is no harm in running US also.  ;)

Thanks man! I'm going to try this out soon!

• Like 1

So after alot of work using MCC to add animals all on the Tanoa map , it turns out they started affecting fps aswell, just like the raptors. But luckily after some research i successfully installed TPW with everything but animals disabled. Now i just need to find some way of duplicating its ambient animal script for Raptors in the deep jungles. 

Also @ Haleks i made a fire and tried clicking the raw sheep meat while standing right next to it , even tried 360 degrees around with no avail to getting cooked meat. This raw meat only adds maybe +10 to my hunger and now im kinda bummed i spent all this time incorporating animals into my Tanoa Ravage all just to find out its not even worth hunting them. Am i doing something wrong? or missing something for the cooking process?

Am i doing something wrong? or missing something for the cooking process?

In order to cook raw meat, first you have to be in close range to the campfire, you will then get a prompt in the action menu to cook food.  :licklips:

• Like 3