Good afternoon gents,

does anyone know if i turn radioactive zones OFF,can the rain and water sources still be used as radio active?

Im trying to create a mission on cherno,and for some reason the debug is telling me that the majority of towns have a large radio active area so i think i wana disable it,infact Haleks,is it possible for us to create our own radio active zones?

Also haleks,for some reason chemlights i attach to myself at night on chernaraus will not emit light

Second that - an option to be more in control would be awsome - making missions in this "mod" is really inspiring.

If I were to run Ravage on a server (rented) would it be possible to have it run with persistent characters and such?

persistent characters gear yes, vehicles, tents and gear inside no, not as standalone Ravage yet.

• Like 1

persistent characters gear yes, vehicles, tents and gear inside no, not as standalone Ravage yet.

Thank you - what would it take to make owned vehicles and tents persistant (and what would it take to own said items). 

Im a well meaning noob in this and try to learn (this is hard for an old guy like me).

Thank you - what would it take to make owned vehicles and tents persistant (and what would it take to own said items). 

Im a well meaning noob in this and try to learn (this is hard for an old guy like me).

I use inidbi2 and object oriented persistent world made by code34 to save vehicles and tents with their inventories. But I set them up so that you have to make them saveable through the action menu so it's not saving everything in the mission. Only what you choose gets saved. You'll need to have some coding skills to set that up however as it's not plug and play!

• Like 4

There is a wiki for Ravage mod, and it could be really great if people who know how to modify loot equipment list, dynamic weather system or other stuff in a missio, without modifying ravage,

could make little tutorials on the wiki, as there are a lot of useful informations on this topic but it has 189 pages for now and it is sometimes hard to find what you want in these pages...

You know whats funny is when you pointed out the 189 pages, it brought me back to the COSLX days when I literally spent a ton of time and went

through every single page of the WIP SLX thread:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/82698-slx-mod-wip/

which is 86 pages to compile a buglist of those files, tests folks have done stating this file did this, and this is causing that, and here is what the final result was

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/82698-slx-mod-wip/?p=1924823

after that i ended up recompiling that mod, taking out those files that caused the game to crash, freeze and some other things, and I ended up with this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/119935-coslx-an-updated-version-of-the-original-slx-mod/

Anyways considering almost all my work in the community is compiling, massive compilation mods ;) creating tutorials, ect,. I could review this thread and compile

a list of information we all can use for what your looking for specifically, but imo it needs to be specific to Ravage and not something you can find in a script on armaholic

aka Dynamic weather which the mod has built in already.

Unless Haleks can answer you on how to modify a loot list with a few simple steps like open the Ravage mission that comes with the mod, and you can find a script here, ect,.

then there would be no point on me spending several hours which it will take to come up with all the info for modifying a loot list if hes able to just tell you in a few steps.

So what is it that you want specifically?

Be specific and concrete in what you ask for that Ravage fans can really use, and again not something you can find elseware, something that will fill in the gap that will be

very useful in helping you build better mission for yourself, and the community with Ravage.

• Like 4

Here is a starting Point

Kodabar- feel free/please do edit the formatting..

I just wanted to throw it on 'Paper' to help

If anyone wants to add info please feel free... just test it first lol  :P

Ravage Wikia - Tools for Mission Makers

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tools_for_Mission_Makers

• Like 5

Here is a starting Point

Kodabar- feel free/please do edit the formatting..

Thank you so very much. That's very useful. I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

@Haleks... if me and red want to clear the main array and only have ai spawn with specific gear... is there an easy way to do that on the init?

Ie clear vanilla and only have the pushback gear spawn...

Edit- red says that if he chooses say CUP,but doesn't have it active, it creates a blank array that the pushback items can be pushed into as the sole items

@Haleks... if me and red want to clear the main array and only have ai spawn with specific gear... is there an easy way to do that on the init?

Edit- red says that if he chooses say CUP,but doesn't have it active, it creates a blank array that the pushback items can be pushed into as the sole items

Cosmic i tested ths further and its not the case in a full proof way.It spawns the custom weapons on AI 90% of the time,but unfortunatly not all the time.

Ran it over 20 times,all but two times it had worked.

@haleks did you get my message requesting support for the AVON FM12 Respirator Pack ?

These gasmasks looks insanely good, it would be really shame if they wouldn't "work" with Ravage as they totally fit in.

Thanks.

Would you have the classnames so I can add them right away?

Good afternoon gents,

does anyone know if i turn radioactive zones OFF,can the rain and water sources still be used as radio active?

Im trying to create a mission on cherno,and for some reason the debug is telling me that the majority of towns have a large radio active area so i think i wana disable it,infact Haleks,is it possible for us to create our own radio active zones?

Also haleks,for some reason chemlights i attach to myself at night on chernaraus will not emit light

Yes, rain & water can be radioactive without the rad zones.

I'll try to squeeze in a new module for manual placements of rad zones before the update.

Sure, you can empty any array like so :

rvg_uniforms_lv1 = [];

And then pushback whatever you want. You can also define the new array directly without pushback - depends on what you want to do...

rvg_uniforms_lv1 = [/*your new array*/];
  • Like 3

@haleks can you add support for the AVON FM12 Respirator Pack

These are the classnames of the gas masks so far:

"avon_ct12",
"avon_ct12_strapless",
"avon_fm12",
"avon_fm12_strapless",
"avon_SF12",
"avon_SF12_strapless"

Edit: better use the strapless version(s) as they tend to interfere less with headgear and uniforms combos,

Thanks.

Jim posted it a few pages back.. they look nice!

• Like 1

Ah, my bad. ^^

Adding them right now.

• Like 3

Haleks i am following your instructions for the custom gear by removing the pushback array,im curious if i ran JSHK Redress script(by Jshock,it adds your defined custom gear and weapons to spawned AI throughout a mission) would it break or interfere with any of ravages scripts in any way?

I have tested with succcess so far but im just curious. For sure the redress script will interfere with your traders inventory but i will be adding in other AI to my mission which will run alongside ravage AI so im just looking for your thoughts.

Besides the small issue with traders you mentionned already, I don't think it can cause any other conflict - so yes, it should be safe to run it. ;)

Was about to try new map when i remembered that the loot spawn is seperated, and the new map apperantly dont have any military buildings. So there will be no high caliber weapons on that map. The map is Beketov and is a huge map with lots of forest. Also when i was playing on Napf and i went to about 50 houses, including military buildings and didnt find a single jerry can, that made me walk about 15km on foot because i couldnt get any fuel. Mabye add some jerry cans to ordinary houses?

Going to try and create some type of unit that carries a lot of weapons and ammo, to try and compensate for the lack of weapons spawns for that map, for my mission i need weapons and ammo to supplie my small army/squad. Especially since the ai isnt reliable with handguns.

Could lone raiders/renegades be added as editor placed units?.....the ability to hand place zeds in Eden proves very useful for certain scenarios, having the option to hand placed renegades could be equally fruitful.   

Could lone raiders/renegades be added as editor placed units?.....the ability to hand place zeds in Eden proves very useful for certain scenarios, having the option to hand placed renegades could be equally fruitful.   

There already in the editor under civ's

@one_eyed_croaker.....take that one good eye and read my post again..... :ok:

• Like 2

I could add them but I'm not sure how usefull they would be : they don't have any gear configured so you would have to equip them yourself, either manually or via script.

But you can actually make one pretty easily; place any unit (a civilian will do), alone in its own group, and type this in its init :

this addRating -5000;
0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;
[group this, position this, 250] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;

You can also tweak its face via the eden attributes. ;)

• Like 4

@haleks....Holy smoke this works a treat!

I would only add it needs to be an opfor unit rather than a civilian unit for the spawned renegade to go full rogue.(assuming, of course, player is blufor) ;)

Super useful haleks, thanks.

• Like 2

Hey Haleks, I´ve seen some pages ago someone posting about Open Chernarus Project, you´ve acknowledged it... but I must say, it is a really a breakthrough! Cherno looks so much more detailed with it (and more DayZ SA-esque)... theoretically Ravage could work with, as I understand Ravage scripts create loot on the fly, as the player (or players on MP) enter a certain radius closer to buildings (the Open Cherno replaces the buildings as the mission starts, so after a couple of initial minutes, the "replaceable" buildings are enterable now... so since those buildings classnames are coded into Ravage loot scripts, they´d become lootable, right?)

I´ve just finally witnessed this mod working, so I´m a bit thrilled, but I see a lot of potential (as it is already compactible with other CUP maps as well...just check the thread) of this being included on Ravage "friendly" modlist =)

Anxious for 1.40 too lol

Cheers!

• Like 1

@ corpoaral_lib

I am also creating a scenario on cherno with open cherno plus JBAD installed.

From testing with a different script which can spawn loot it seems that that (in my testing so far) ONE,of the cherno civilian houses had positions which loot spawned,and some industrial such as the Firestation(jbad open) had many positions,in which to spawn items in position...

I had notice one or two other civ houses spawning the loot in buildings,but they had been clipping through the wall badly so im not sure if the positions from that script were finding positions in the building,or outside the exterior.

But yes i wanted to say that open chernarus is amazing,still my favourate terrain and this project is really good.

• Like 2