@panzergrenadier3

Might help to post your trader code? 

There's also info on the wiki about custom traders. :rthumb:

It's always important to define the classes correctly for custom traders so....

Ravage survival items are defined as CfgMagazines.

Weapons, weapon accessories, headgear, uniforms, vests are defined as CfgWeapons

Facewear are defined as CfgGlasses.

Thanks! But I already know the wiki. My traders have been build on that. And the CfgClasses are correct. I've checked this more than two times and cross checked it in the config viewer in the editor. The classes are not the problem. Is there any other thing? Has the series to be alphabetic? I've already found out that it is not possible to add more than 10 items (if it should be a stable offer).

On 1/26/2023 at 5:14 PM, haleks said:

If you have any suggestion for bug fixing or improvements, now would be a good time chaps.

Is it possible to remove the action to treat zeds if your carrying a FAK?

Granted you have to be really close to activate the action but if your zeds are set to be nearly blind and you want to sneak real close to them, that action can become a bit annoying. :icon_biggrin:

18 hours ago, EO said:

Is it possible to remove the action to treat zeds if your carrying a FAK?

Granted you have to be really close to activate the action but if your zeds are set to be nearly blind and you want to sneak real close to them, that action can become a bit annoying. :icon_biggrin:

Well, it appears that vanilla actions don't have a 'condition' parameter in cfgActions. 😕

Maybe the action condition is attached to the item directly, somehow - I'll check it out. Worst case scenario, the recent UI event handlers should provide an acceptable workaround (the action may appear in the action menu, but it will be locked).

Also, one thing I spotted while testing FAKs, looks like something changed with one of the game updates : characters no longer scream like they used to when being hit by zeds. I'll have to script that feature back in.

By the way, here's a quick view of the modifications I made to the vehicles & wrecks module :

Tweaked:
Improved vehicles & wrecks placement.
Updated the default wrecks list.

Fixed:
Disabled Dynamic Simulation in Tanoa Scenario (band-aid fix for locked vehicles).
Vehicles & wrecks no longer spawn on runways.

It's not a complete overhaul of the entire system; right now I only changed the function that handles object creation & placement, so the update should have minimal impact on mission design, while looking a lot better already. \o/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, panzergrenadier3 said:

This one doesn't work, no matter wich order the items have:

https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/9jQmBd08

What have I done wrong? For sure, there has do be something wrong. Thanks in advance!

That code works for me...

AsHQvC7.pngmMVxWLL.png

....seems to pick randomly 8 out of the 10 items you listed.

hmmmm, but the first trader shows all 10 items if I remember right. I would guess there is no other way than take it as it is... Will work with that. Thank you anyways!

@panzergrenadier3: the code for traders is bit old, and may need improvements; but there's one thing worth noting : items sold by traders have to be physically present in their backpack. If they don't have enough room, some items may be randomly skipped.

One potential tweak I could make is to have them store their goods in defined containers or crates for "sedentary" traders; but that will most likely require some big changes (and maybe a dedicated module).

On 1/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, haleks said:

If you have any suggestion for bug fixing or improvements, now would be a good time chaps.

Refilling jerry cans at CUP fuel stations (i tried the one with classname "Land_A_FuelStation_Feed") on Chernarus Redux throws error that _value and _fuelsource is not defined and the jerry can disappears. I assume the same happens on other maps that use CUP fuel stations.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

I assume the same happens on other maps that use CUP fuel stations.

Can confirm, I get that same error from the solitary fuel station on Moschnyi Island. my workaround was to replace the pumps with the ones from Altis. 

• Like 1

Hi all. I had an odd experience with haleks' Altis mission today. I cleared out a village and some time later the zombies re-spawned and made a conga bee line straight for me from quite a substantial distance away. I had the usual small set of mods enabled, nothing out of the ordinary. After 800 plus hours of Ravage playtime I've never encountered this odd behavior before.

3 hours ago, cmw71 said:

. I cleared out a village and some time later the zombies re-spawned and made a conga bee line straight for me from quite a substantial distance away. 

Been a while since I've seen the conga....

:icon_biggrin:

• Haha 1

So the conga line is a thing. I never knew.

One other question is there a list of current up to date and working Ravage missions I could check out? Lots of broken missions in the workshop which is a shame.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:36 PM, cmw71 said:

So the conga line is a thing. I never knew.

One other question is there a list of current up to date and working Ravage missions I could check out? Lots of broken missions in the workshop which is a shame.

Here's the "original" list that contains a lot of old stuff: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1306916411

Here's my collection of Ravage stuff: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1821045675

Those are the two that I know of.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Recaldy. Really love your work mate. Playing Takistan Tour now.

• Like 2

Found the answer to my own comment. Not sure how to remove this post..

Edited by Draxis Kandon
irrelevant question

New Survival Framework Advanced Refueling module showcase:

Current build is fully compatible with Ravage, still heavily WIP but it’s getting there.

I’m hoping for a release sometime in the coming weeks. But no ETA

Had some great help from Drongo

• Like 2

Been a while since I've posted a scenario update in this thread with my Steam Workshop uploads.

[SP] Ravage: Snow Over Altis - Explore the white wasteland of Altis in this single player zombie survival scenario. (Also a sperate [non-Ravage] cooperative scenario linked in the description!)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2911025633

[SP/COOP 30] Ravage Mayhem Tour: Cam Lao Nam - The Mayhem Tour the SOG Prairie Fire terrain of Cam Lao Nam! Supports many players, Zeus, Grad saving of placed fortification objects

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2921692909

[SP] Ravage: Quagmire in the Sand - Survive in an infected filled Fallujah torn between warring Takistani military factions.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2944309902

[SP] OPTRE: It Followed Us Down - while not Ravage, its still zombies focused (Flood) and my first OPTRE/Cytech scenario on the workshop! 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2941383206

I have a Cytech-focused singleplayer campaign in the works that will feature various play styles from stealth, shooting-action and some

Spoiler

aviation.

Thanks for playing my Steam Workshop scenarios!

• Like 3

Is there a way to blacklist a particular object from the loot scan script?

In this case the Chest_EP1.p3d (Land_Chest_EP1)

Sorry folks, I forgot you can use the use the "rvg_owned" variable on the object...

this setvariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

....works as long as the object is named something. :rthumb:

Is there any way Ravage items configured under cfgMagazines can be included in the Object: Equipment Storage feature below, would be super useful if possible.

xFnU47i.png 

It is something about _mag not clear classname. Also think @pierremgi have resolve this and I remeber it is using classname for mag not exact object. Experiment with it to get working name. So not log>classname but log>object info etc.. until he see this thread he will know.

3 hours ago, EO said:

Is there any way Ravage items configured under cfgMagazines can be included in the Object: Equipment Storage feature below, would be super useful if possible.

Not really a “fix” for the items not displayed in the magazine section, but if that’s your tent you’re working in you can add items to it manually if wanted:

maximumLoad = 10000;
transportMaxWeapons = 10000;
transportMaxMagazines = 10000;

class TransportMagazines {

class rvg_beans

{
name = “rvg_beans”;

count = 500;

};

};

As for them showing up in the editor in the magazine space I believe that’s just a scope thing, magazines may be a tad funky.

If you need any help with configs you know where to find me! 🙂

The tent is only shown as an example, plus Ravage tents are already configured to have an inventory, I created the configs for it. :f:

The request was aimed at @haleks as a possible QoL improvement as part of his legacy update. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2