7 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

GRAD Persistence doesn't save Ravage variables (hunger, thirst)?

GRAD can take some time to get working properly. I’d suggest reworking the Ravage vars to a playernamespace system rather than attempting GRAD. Also, I wouldn’t attempt broadcasting them.

You will find that the best persistency systems for A3 are usually “hybrid” meaning you work with playernamespace and GRAD.

(Essentially Clients data to clients PC, World or “Server data” to the server database -much more efficient-) 

if you need some examples look at my post here:

Best of luck! 🍻

• Thanks 1

Here it is, my first campaign on the ARMA 3 steam workshop: Heart of Evil for ARMA 3

Experience Captain Percy Freeman's mission to eliminate the elusive Colonel Bob Kurtz during the Vietnam War.

The campaign consists of 13 scenarios and quite a lotta walking with some occasional rides along the way! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heart of Evil for ARMA 3 is a -loose- fan recreation campaign of the classic single-player mod for Half-life released on 01 January 2002.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2861021603

Edited by Recaldy
  • Like 6

I just recently worked the iBuild framework into my mod release, absolutely phenomenal work Nerdmod did with this framework. I've already started tinkering with some custom recipes for some of the more intermediate crafts. It is working flawlessly with Ravage and adds a more homestead feel in the deep wilderness of the ruined world. 😁

Some screenshots:

ad87c498383459378307b0e9712776e7.jpg

720625001abd265ed52e82d49333e01b.jpg

e58f6243c7edbee63702f3272692b9fa.jpg

The framework fits quite nicely with my crafting system as well:

12f59138db949a88abf11ff763171361.jpg

d4922232529c54b48f70972d4bc9aebb.jpg

I Hope all has been going well for each one of my fellow Ravagers! It's been a while! 🙂

🍻

• Like 9

Next planned update:

MINING!!!!!!! 💎

I've worked in some models for the forge and anvil, as well as a pickaxe!
(models imported from Sketchfab | CC : BY License) 

fd84ff45f2050c40c9974311879b5e45.jpg

a0dba13c5cab10dd1dc572d7a6ffd9b8.jpg

8b4e8e85de07f7aff52f75d6dea328d0.jpg
(Newer pick variant is rotated to fit the terrain) -also re scaled- 

Very early WIP; but the progress is promising! 

Players will be able to mine for iron ore and coal, smelt them down for ingots to craft items like Iron nails, or even repair their broken pickaxe! 

I'm also looking into a gemstone system, and gold ore - obviously much rarer to obtain, but it'll all be good fun 🙂 

Sorry to "'Hijack" the thread a bit, I just like to show what Ravage can be molded to work with 😝 (maybe I should start a TCRP thread... 🤔)

Hope all is well guys! 

• Like 5

This is some truly impressive work. I would never have thought of this, yet you've already taken it so far. I'll look forward to seeing more. Wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, witchking-0532138bc6bf6b0b said:

Wow MuRaZorWitchKING that looks really good. Will your mod get posted on the workshop at some point? I look forward to testing it out

On Steam

2 hours ago, kodabar said:

This is some truly impressive work. I would never have thought of this, yet you've already taken it so far. I'll look forward to seeing more. Wow.

It’s crazy man, looking back starting on just basic scripts and what I could find around on the forums and stuff, now I got a fully fledged mod… 😫

It’s an addiction the more you learn and seeing projects evolve more and more… 

Over 4 years in development and using Ravage as the sole backbone of it all. ❤️ 

I’m still very very early in modeling; but I’ve learned quite a lot over the past year, There’s no rigging or anything just yet and I’m not even sure how to get roadmapping down with LoDs and such. But I look forward to learning, I’ve already helped a couple good people with some models for their work. 🙂 The true heroes are these absolutely STUNNING modelers on Sketchfab that offer their assets for free for others to use.

Thank you guys for the kind words. 😊

• Like 1

Happy Halloween!

My "Silent Hill"-esque spooky scenario: [SP] Ravage: Somber Valley is now on the steam workshop in celebration for Halloween!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2880031448

Do you own the Western Sahara CDLC? My recently released scenario: [SP] Ravage: Water Road is available on the Steam workshop!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2873484771

Thanks for playing my scenarios. 🙂

• Like 4

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm running a new server that mixes elements of Ravage, Exile and Breaking Point. We are using Zombie and AI elements from Ravage, the loot and basebuilding elements from Exile, the weapons, gear and other custom items from BreakingPoint as well as added BreakingPoint zombie skins and faces to the infected.

• The entire BreakingPoint weapons arsenal, including several new weapons made just for this mod and server.
  • Play as the classic Independent faction from BreakingPoint with a ton of custom uniforms added.
  • Five custom levels for players with better starting gear at respawn for higher levels and better gear/weapons can be purchased at higher levels at Traders.
  • Custom Ravage solo roaming AI that play as BreakingPoint factions. They will fight each other, zombies and players.
  • Huge variety of AI Missions with the HUNTER FACTION from BreakingPoint as the enemies.
  • Load AI mission weapon crates directly into your vehicle for sale at the traders.
  • Custom Ravage Walker Zombies.
  • Heli Crashes.
  • Supply Drops that show a marker on the map, creating a special interest point for potential PVP.
  • Trader Zones ran by the RANGER and OUTLAW factions.
  • Revive players using a surgery kit.
  • Special dangerous radiation zone on the map with top tier loot potential.
  • Four selectable respawn points at the North, South, East and West.
  • Custom gear made for this mod and server.
  • Short night sessions that last only 11 minutes total time. Just long enough to worry about your surroundings and short enough to keep you playing. We also have illuminated custom night skies so you can still see around even at night... and a specially made custom Tac Glasses for Night Vision that offer full screen night vision.
  • Custom weather systems.
  • Full basebuilding and baseraiding.
  • Lock Grinding.
  • Safe Hacking.
  • Virtual Garage for your base.
  • Customized client and server code to give you a higher FPS experience.
  • Better swimming and ladder climbing.
  • Leaderboards for the server.

JOIN US ON DISCORD

SERVER INFO:
BreakingPoint - Exile - Ravage - Missions - Zombies - Baseraid
Server is located in New York, NY (US East)
SERVER IP:
104.243.32.174:2502

• Like 4

Is there a way to set up different "gear pools" to spawned ambient AI units? What I'd like to achieve is to have OPFOR/bandits using gear from one set-up while BLUFOR/friendlies have other stuff. By default all spawned factions use items from the same gear pool and it makes them undistinguishable from each other. This is for scenario purposes, I would like to avoid having to create a patch addon.

Check this out from the FilmComicsExplained Utube channel

this is a movie called Superdeep pretty badass movie.

I'm posting this here because in this movie as the video below will describe

it talks about the story of the movie and then get into the cordycep spore that turns things into zombies,

hence the concept and background of Ravage mod here.

• Like 4

u8Za3ZE.jpg

Peace to all Ravagers.❄️

• Like 6

Merry Christmas! (Be in awe of my ARMA screenshot and MS Paint skills!)

(Screenshot taken using an upcoming [not-Ravage

😞] scenario I'm finishing up.

I'm winding down on scenario releases and playing other games but I have some updates.

"[SP/COOP 3] Ravage: River Styx" - Released Oct. 30th, SOG Prairie Fire coop scenario using their latest "The Bra" terrain.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2882290201

I've changed/updated "Money Hunters" mod requirements though it'll probably be updated/adjusted more in the future.

STAY WARM!

• Like 7

Happy New Year Ravagers! :icon_biggrin:

Working on a mission that uses the UGV Stomper drones spawned by the Ambient AI module, however these drones are just way too accurate and deadly.

I love the thrill and ambience they provide but wish their firepower/accuracy/skill could be nerfed in some way other than a config edit, any ideas folks?      

Happy new year guys!

1 hour ago, EO said:

Happy New Year Ravagers! :icon_biggrin:

Working on a mission that uses the UGV Stomper drones spawned by the Ambient AI module, however these drones are just way too accurate and deadly.

I love the thrill and ambience they provide but wish their firepower/accuracy/skill could be nerfed in some way other than a config edit, any ideas folks?      

"setSkill" is your friend buddy :

addMissionEventHandler ["EntityCreated", {
	params ["_entity"];
	if (_entity isKindOf "UAV_AI_base_F") then {
		_entity setSkill ["aimingAccuracy", 0.33];
	};
}];

That should work for UAV & UGV units; iirc "UAV_AI_base_F" is the base class for all drone crews. Take a look at the other skills, and make sure "super AI" is OFF in difficulty options. In case you want to use friendly drones, you may want to add a side check to that condition.

Have fun. 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing the Ravage - Chernarus mod for a few days now. I have 100 fps with ultra/high setting. Yesterday, after loading the save, the fps dropped a lot, to around 15. I installed the m3mory mod, but it didn't help, the game became completely unplayable. It is interesting that the VGA works almost at idle in this case.

19 minutes ago, BroussardH said:

after loading the save, the fps dropped a lot

Did you load or remove any other mods? When you save a game, ArmA stores the state of the mods too. When you add or remove mods, it creates instability and ArmA won't run as well as before. Have you added or removed any mods (other than M3mory)?

It's also for these reasons that I wouldn't expect the M3mory mod to do anything. As it says on its workshop page "In order to work, m3mory has to be loaded the first time a mission is started : it cannot be used on already existing saves."

I don't know what VGA is in this context. Can you explain?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kodabar said:

Did you load or remove any other mods? When you save a game, ArmA stores the state of the mods too. When you add or remove mods, it creates instability and ArmA won't run as well as before. Have you added or removed any mods (other than M3mory)?

No, I didn't add or remove any mods.

7 hours ago, kodabar said:

I don't know what VGA is in this context. Can you explain? 

I switched to windowed screen to see:

VGA (and CPU) in low fps: https://ibb.co/2MtNkmk

VGA (and CPU) in normal fps (I restarted the game with a different profile): https://ibb.co/bRy9M6L

@BroussardH What mission are you playing? Might not be the Ravage modules that are causing your FPS drop, mission makers add all sorts of weird and wonderful scripts to the Ravage framework, that might account for your issues

19 minutes ago, EO said:

@BroussardH What mission are you playing? Might not be the Ravage modules that are causing your FPS drop, mission makers add all sorts of weird and wonderful scripts to the Ravage framework, that might account for your issues

I playing Ravage - Chernarus mod (SP). There are no missions.

1 minute ago, BroussardH said:

I playing Ravage - Chernarus mod (SP). There are no missions.

So this is a scenario you've created yourself using only Ravage modules?

6 minutes ago, EO said:

So this is a scenario you've created yourself using only Ravage modules?

Exactly.

SINGLEPLAYER / SCENARIOS / Steam subscribed content / Ravage - Chernarus

There were no problems for 4 days, I had 110 fps.