Awesome Haleks, however much U think U are appreciated...U can multiply that a millionfold!!... I too have been blown away by the engine in Reforger and the potential that it hints at for Arma 4....but since the first second I loaded up reforger and had a run around for a few minutes....the first words on my lips were...."....Ravage is going to be awesome on Reforger..." I can't tell U how grateful I am for your contributions to Arma 3, you basically made ARMA 3 great for me!... I cannot wait to see what you do with Reforger....but this I know, ss always you will push the envelope and create something jaw-dropping and terrifying that also makes Reforger great. I cant wait to see it! TBH even a direct port to Reforger would make Reforger even more awesome ...(worth consideration as a stop-gap?...maybe..?)

Whatever you choose to do, I hold you in the highest reverence within the Arma community. and am really looking forward to seeing what you do next.! Much respect!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:58 AM, haleks said:

Hello people!

It's been 7 years since we began our own, cozy apocalypse in Arma 3! With Arma Reforger being released, it's time for me to "reforge" my main projects; to that end I'm going to push a few updates across my mods so I can focus on the new environment - beginning with Ravage. It's not necessarily the last update, but once I've pushed the pending updates for Impact and Remnant, priority will go to the new platform.

Mission makers can now disable zed physX attacks on vehicles if they observe unwanted behaviours in MP; zeds can now get back on their feet too (untested, but it should be safe to enable the Impact mod on them).

Download : Ravage v0.1.89

a356d7a366e83f307ac52b5a0e34b0540349b413

I'd like to thank anyone who contributed, supported, or simply played Ravage over the years : on a personal level, it has been a wild (and instructive) ride for something that began as a simple, non configurable, SP mission. As my first and most popular project, Ravage holds a special place in my heart, largely thanks to the amazing community it gathered. I'm super excited about what Arma Reforger, and later down the road Arma 4, can bring to the new iteration of Ravage, and I hope you will enjoy my future projects! 😉 

As always, have fun people!

Thank you for all your years of hard work!

Ravage and most of your other contributions are a staple of Arma 3 by this point.

And I am not going to lie here, when it was release and for many years Ravage was literally Revolutionary. Not only was it ahead of its time and technically impressive (you were basically doing what even the devs couldn't get right in DayZ at the time) but also you made it so that anyone could benefit from it by making it so modular and accessible.

In a way, your work represents all that is good about the Arma community. An inspiration, an example and a tool that enabled countless hours of entertainment for so so many players.

These memories and this experiences that were possible due to your contributions and specially the extra work you endured to make it a true platform will not be soon forgotten.

It is sad to see you move on but it is also a relief because we will see each other again... in Arma 4!

I drink to your health!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Haleks, you have given an enormous Gift to the ARMA 3 Community in General and to me as an individual Player and, for a time, even Mission maker.  Lemme tell you this: for what it offers nowadays by itself, I'm not all that keen to get Reforger. But once it's time to test RAVAGE REFORGED or whatever you're gonna dub it, I will answer the Call to Arms again! 

See you on the other side, Haleks! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:58 AM, haleks said:

I'd like to thank anyone who contributed, supported, or simply played Ravage over the years : on a personal level, it has been a wild (and instructive) ride for something that began as a simple, non configurable, SP mission. As my first and most popular project, Ravage holds a special place in my heart, largely thanks to the amazing community it gathered. I'm super excited about what Arma Reforger, and later down the road Arma 4, can bring to the new iteration of Ravage, and I hope you will enjoy my future projects! 😉 

As always, have fun people!

A big THANK YOU for the Ravage mod haleks! It's been a blast playing and making Ravage stuff in general. I can't wait to see and play the new iteration whenever it comes out.

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Did you see my post about the Livonia bug with the train car? EO posted about it also...and there's the immobile spawned vehicles on the base Tanoa Ravage scenario.

• Like 2

We'll be right beside you, @haleks.

Thank you for the wonderful mod and let's hop into Reforge and (soon I hope) A4.

• Like 3

Thank you for the kind words guys. 🙂 

On 5/23/2022 at 4:44 AM, Recaldy said:

Did you see my post about the Livonia bug with the train car? EO posted about it also...and there's the immobile spawned vehicles on the base Tanoa Ravage scenario.

Saw it, totally forgot to look into it... I'll try to address that along with fixes for a few Actions before finishing the Aradus demo (still planning on releasing that).

Off-topic (but not really) :

If you're familiar with this board, you most likely know that Ravage has an "auto walk" toggle key bind. It never made it as a stand-alone mod, since it had too many issues - it was a tad clunky to use and prone to causing animation conflicts... But still, it's something I instantly missed the first time I fired up Reforger. So that's the first thing I did (I mean, literally, I haven't even tried them vehicles yet, now that I think of it)!

It's a first, crude, implementation - and probably not an ideal one, but it already feels better than the Ravage/Arma 3 version. Walking is controlled by the dynamic speed feature, you don't even need to press a key anymore.

Look for "Autowalk" in Reforger's Workshop :

EuQJdBY.jpg

Until we have a dedicated place for it, feel free to report any issue in this thread.

Enjoy! 😉 

• Like 6

Quick PSA :

I've pushed a tiny update to fix the "caravan issue" with the Livonia config of the dynamic furniture system. 😉 

Regarding the issue @Nemanjic recently mentioned about unpacking tents/sleeping bags on structures above water : I took a look into it, and it's more complex than I thought... That fix will have to wait a bit.

Autowalk for Reforger has been updated too : a few minor conflicts with the dynamic stance feature have been fixed, I'm also investigating several options to make the thing more reactive/instinctive to use during gunfights or tense situations. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Autowalk for Reforger has been updated too : a few minor conflicts with the dynamic stance feature have been fixed, I'm also investigating several options to make the thing more reactive/instinctive to use during gunfights or tense situations. 

Enjoying this immensely, already feels like a built in vanilla feature that should have been an option from the start.

Nice to hear your looking into ways to improve during gunfights/tense moments....I'm finding during these moments the feature feels a little unwanted in certain tight situations, (looking out from building windows) and mainly because after a period of traversing you can forget that you have it enabled, it's that seamless. 

Would something like disabling autowalk while the player is ADS be viable?.

31 minutes ago, EO said:

Enjoying this immensely, already feels like a built in vanilla feature that should have been an option from the start.

Nice to hear your looking into ways to improve during gunfights/tense moments....I'm finding during these moments the feature feels a little unwanted in certain tight situations, (looking out from building windows) and mainly because after a period of traversing you can forget that you have it enabled, it's that seamless. 

Would something like disabling autowalk while the player is ADS be viable?.

I'm looking into adding a "cooldown" timer on WASD key press : pressing any of these would pause the script and let the player adjust their speed freely while retaining full control on their movement. But I'm still working things out, scripting in Enfusion is... challenging. ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2022 at 10:28 PM, haleks said:

I'm looking into adding a "cooldown" timer on WASD key press : pressing any of these would pause the script and let the player adjust their speed freely while retaining full control on their movement. But I'm still working things out, scripting in Enfusion is... challenging. ^^

Problem solved! \o/

I've redone the whole thing, it does feel more natural now : the script pauses itself if the player uses the mouse wheel while pressing the forward/back keys. Just scroll up without touching those keys to enable it again.

Don't forget to update Autowalk in Reforger'sWorkshop! The mod description has been updated as well. 😉 

EDIT : There was an even simpler solution right under my nose. Pushed one last update : simply tapping the Move Forward key is enough to pause Autowalk now - no need to scroll at the same time anymore.

• Like 2

Is it possible to fix the appearance of rusty vehicles and add the ability for bots to use weapons with an underbarrel grenade launcher (bots do not have ammunition)?

Alert! First sighting on Everon!

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

ninja.png

• Like 13

PSA :

I made several improvements to Autowalk for Reforger, and updated the mod description in the Workshop (it was a bit confusing, and it looks like the mod has been severely downvoted as a result hola.png).

This update should be the final version.

/Off-topic

• Thanks 1

Damn.. since friday I can´t download new mods on Reforger workshop, I´m trying to update Autowalk but no joy... more people reported this since may 21th but it happened to me since last week... So you´re already experimenting on Ravage for Reforge, Haleks? AWESOME! (the full decorated and enterable houses, water pumps etc are screaming for ravage functions lol!)
On a lighter note, I´ve managed to download the latest Ravage using STEAM CMD for ArmA3, now that steamdownload site isn´t supporting anonymous download... I wish I could do the same for Reforger, as it is already updated and the workshop download issue is still there and many new cool mods are unavailable for me =(

Cheers! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

I´ve managed to download the latest Ravage using STEAM CMD for ArmA3

Well, I've just learned something. I shall have to try out Steam CMD.

I'll just briefly add that the wiki always has the latest Ravage version available from Mega and Google Drive. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Damn.. since friday I can´t download new mods on Reforger workshop, I´m trying to update Autowalk but no joy... more people reported this since may 21th but it happened to me since last week... 

I've added a download link for manual installation in the relevant thread :

😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice! Thanks for the headsup Haleks and Kodabar! I usually check github for ACE3, CBA and other small/script mods, totally fogot RAVAGE had one too
There´s quite a lot of experimental zombie mods poping out (thou I can´t test them with my broken Reforger workshop) is Endusion more modfriendly than the old RV engine, Haleks? Or at least less burocratic?

cheers!

On 6/4/2022 at 10:39 PM, corporal_lib[br] said:

is Endusion more modfriendly than the old RV engine, Haleks? Or at least less burocratic?

It's an absolute blast !

Pretty much all I ever did in Arma 3 has been scripting in SQF; C++ being another beast, I find myself doing a bit of everything except scripting. ^^

It's refreshing; so far I only wrote that one single script for Autowalk, currently the new Ravage version has zero script in it.

Oh yeah, by the way, I started a new thread for Ravage Reforged :

ninja.png

• Like 5

Been busy in the editor bouncing between little projects of mine and I've got a Ravage scenario bundle to post:

[SP/COOP 4] Ravage: A Hike Through Livonia - 5/1/2022

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2802582544

(I recommend it mostly for SP, COOP was an afterthought [steam post wanted coop] and I don't recommend it)

[SP/COOP 8] Ravage Mayhem Tour: Livonia - 5/8/2022

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2805316928

('Ravage Mayhem Tour' returns for a Livonia entry! May need some balancing.)

[SP] Ravage: Island Paradise 2 - 6/7/2022

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2818268651

(Beautiful terrain 'Suurssari' gets some Ravage attention for better or worse!)

[SP] Ravage: Green Hell - 6/25/2022

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2826002967

(First SOG scenario publicly available on the workshop!)

I've been working on my SOG Prairie Fire campaign for a few months prior and found it easy to move some things over to the 'Green Hell' project.

ETA is sometime in July unless something happens or I learn something spectacular in the editor.

If you've played Half -Life mods and enjoyed a very particular one then you're in for a treat.

Also thumb through the Ravage scenario collection as I have updated  a scenario here and there recently.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1821045675

• Like 3

Howdy folks. Been a long time since I've posted on the forums. Wanted to let everyone know that I've relaunched my Ravage based RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD ON TANOA mission on steam workshop. This is a militarized Ravage mission without zombies. You have three main objectives:

• Infiltrate the terrorist controlled territory of Tanoa and seek and destroy any enemies you encounter.
  • Find and rescue the two prisoners that are in a POW camp.
  • Escape Tanoa with the POW's.

RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD ON TANOA

• Like 3

Proud to present "Ravage: Money Hunters" a Coop/PvP 1-4 player scenario inspired by Escape From Tarkov! 

-Random starting time
-Fifty-three possible starting locations
-Crashsites with CUP/RHS loot to search for
-Extra hostile spawns at night with reserved enemy types (Drongo's Spooks)
-Certain locations feature "Remnants"
-Rotating optional objective location between thirty locations with hostile PMC AI

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2842579942

Sometime this month I should be releasing my SOG Prairie Fire campaign. It's got some polishing and playtesting to do but it's going great and it features over 10 scenarios with a very small mod requirement list.

• Like 2

Hello, first THANK YOU for this Super Mod.

i have a quick question, at the wiki page https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers#Taviana 

--where exactly do i have to add taviana classnames/buildings. which file is it?--

Im searching now 3 days for this information trying searching the ravage files with building etc.

Please Help, just wanna play ravage on tavi with a friend 🙂

Stay healthy

EDIT. this is what i was trying to do ( exilemod + ravage ai+zed ) i want to remove rvg items from enemy drop pool or a possibility for a custom loadout or custom drop chances. i dont know how i can get exilemod with the rvg consumables working so this was my first thought. remove all the rvg items from the enemy ai, but idk.

i tried a3xai but the server performance was not good. the ravage ai was so awesome i had one of my best arma moments so far with a friend in coop. im completley in love and im trying to get this working since one week. pleaseeeeee (i would take a mission/server file too,its for private use with a friend in coop) ❤️

----------------------------------------------------

Edited by Erkl

On 8/1/2022 at 1:31 AM, Erkl said:

--where exactly do i have to add taviana classnames/buildings. which file is it?--

You put the highlighted code for Taviana in your init.sqf which should be placed in your mission's main directory. Usually with Ravage loot stuff Halek's recommends initserver.sqf instead. (Which goes in your mission's directory as well)

Since this is a waitUntil code I'd recommend throwing it into its own subfolder and .sqf file name it some like "TaviBuildingloot.sqf" or something of the like and then execVM it inside your initserver.sqf file maybe even try your init.sqf. 

As for the second bits of your post:

On 8/1/2022 at 1:31 AM, Erkl said:

( exilemod + ravage ai+zed )

The most I've seen is Rvg Zeds combined with Exile which afaik you do like so: (Thanks to @wetnreckless on YT here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1HtheZYjnA&ab_channel=wetNreckless)

//-- This is what you need to add to your class CfgRemoteExec

class rvg_fnc_zed_spawn { allowedTargets=2; };

Also, Georgie hasn't been on the forums in a long time, and the forums have seemed to die down quite a bit it seems. If you need more know how you should shoot messages towards the Arma 3 Discord tons of knowledge and experience in that area. 

Good luck! 😉

Has anyone noticed that GRAD Persistence doesn't save Ravage variables (hunger, thirst)? I saw that these variables are not broadcasted to the server and persistence cannot find them. Would it cause multiplayer issues if these variables were broadcasted?